morphE: A Novel Webcomic Inspired by White Wolf and Higurashi

#1 User is offline   Stkbayfield 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 29662

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:49 AM

Greetings, ACen!

My name is Craig Bayfield and I come representing both Purple-Tree-Studios and Pocket Parrot Studios (we're both at this years Artist Alley, by the way) to bring you morphE. The webcomic our two studios have spent the past 6 months working on and proudly launch TODAY.

Posted Image

morphE is a webcomic designed to feel like a visual novel. It tells the story of five strangers who are taken in to the keeping of a mysterious benefactor who wishes to bring magic powers from them. The comic is set in White Wolf's World of Darkness universe and will be heavily focusing on horror elements. A lot of our inspiration for the medium has come from Higurashi and our weekly meetings are full of discussion on how we can push this medium to tell a story in a way seldom seen before. Expect us to play with the medium a lot in the future.

On launch we have prepared 30 comics and will be adding 3 more per week from now on. One month backlog is already prepared and script and art for the next 3 months is already complete.

We're really hoping this is going to be a successful project and beg for support where and when we can find it. Thank you for reading this and I really hope you read and enjoy the comic.

This post has been edited by Stkbayfield: 28 March 2013 - 07:59 AM

#2 User is offline   Stkbayfield 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 29662

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:23 PM

I hope the powers that be do not mind me bumping this post now that the convention is over.

I just wanted to thank everyone who stopped by the booth to say hi. I hope you enjoy your shiny new morphE badges (both online under your username and offline on your shirts/bags wherever you want to put them). Entering it's 3rd month now, morphE will begin chapter 2 very soon. We have our main cast of captives set and ready to learn about the magic of the World of Darkness.

Prepare for werewolves, vampires and changelings (oh my!)

Special thanks to awesome friend and fan, Ryan, for purchasing one of the authors a Billy Thatcher sweatervest to match my Tyler Dawn Courage Wolf shirt.

See y'all next year. If you've not checked out morphE by now, it's still very early days (55 comics so far) and all 4 creators aren't disillusioned and bogged down so love interacting with fans (heck, Shadowednavi is doing a livestream of a new BG as I type this).

Anywho. I'll stop typing to myself. Thanks ACen!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users