• You cannot reply to this topic

LED lighting in prop

#1 User is offline   anthony886 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61303

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

ok so i know a little bit about wiring but not specifics about LED lights...im trying to add a TON of LED lights to a prop....i purchased the light strip, and it is remote operated...these are the specs

supply voltage:DC12V...output channels:3 channels...output current:2A MAX. of each channel...
output power: 72W...connecting mode:common anode... external dimension: L50xW35xH22mm...

the prop is 1 solid peice, and for brightness im hoping to use the whole strip on it...thats 300 bulbs...it also has an LED controller...it says

input:DC12v...output DC12v/3CHx2A...power 72W MAX.

the controller has both an inferred remote receiver and the 4 pronged connecter to plug the led lights into it on 1 side...and a positive/ negative wire coming out of the other side...since these lights can be turned off using the remote control would i be able to wire them directly to a 12V power source... Such as a 12V battery, or even two 6V lantern batteries and just use the remote to turn them on and off to not waste power?
2013 Soul Eater (from Soul Eater)

~~~~~past cosplay~~~~~~
2010 Soul Reaper Ichigo
2011 Bankai/Vizard Ichigo
2012 Kazakage Gaara

#2 User is offline   anthony886 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

by wire them directly i mean adding extensions to the short positive (red) and negative (black) wires sticking out of the LED controller and just having those directly atteched to the battery terminals

and also would it make a difference if i connected two 6V batteries to them instead of one 12V battery?

~~~~~past cosplay~~~~~~
2010 Soul Reaper Ichigo
2012 Kazakage Gaara

#3 User is offline   anthony886 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

yay....it worked...wiring 2 6volts directly to the controller box made it so the LED lights work perfectly...so far they have been on for 2 and a half days straight and there still on (testing battery life)

~~~~~past cosplay~~~~~~
2010 Soul Reaper Ichigo
2012 Kazakage Gaara

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users