• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Megabus?

#1 User is offline   Usagi_MoonC 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62674

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

My friends and i are taking the megabus to chicago and i was wondering if the hyatt was having a shuttle? or if there was anyway to get to the hotel area?

Thanks!

#2 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

Not that I know of.

However, you can get to the hyatt by taking the blue line. It's walking distance from Union station (where you'll be dropped off.) Get off the on 2nd to last stop. (In the direction towards O'hare.)

The stop is Rosemont. Then once you are off there, it's another short walk to the hyatt. You'll see which way once you go outside. The hyatt is pretty hard to miss. Lol

This post has been edited by XenoBlade: 04 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#3 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

No, they dont offer a shuttle- Ive take the Megabus every year,and while I've sucessfullly gotten to the Hyatt by blue line, I can tell you its kind of a pain with luggage. The blue line by Union Station has a lot of stairs and they are narrow- so you need to move fast to avoid being trampled by people behind you. Also you have to be prepared to lug it up the stairs as well. Not to mention down the road when you get off the bus and again when you get off the line to the sidewalk. Last year I took a cab there and back. While it cost me like $30 - it was worth not having to deal with it.
"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#4 User is offline   SpicyNinjaCat 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 10841

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

the Union station is downtown Chicago so yeah, as others said, take the Blue line. It's pretty cheap and it'll take about 40-45 mins at the last stop if I recall. There's no way you can be lost if you see other cosplayers and what not going towards the hotel.
I was in the parking lot from the false fire alarm in '12.
I overcame the ACen rapture in '11.
I survived the ACen fire in '10.
I dodged the H1N1 outbreak in '09.
I was denied ice cream at the ACen 10th Anniversary ice cream social in '07.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users