• This topic is locked

A reintroduction

#1 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

Well, I thought it was about time I did another one of these, as I haven't been super chatty the last year or so, and would like to know some of the new people around here.

Some things about me. You can call me Kirby or KPK but I also go by Sarah Rose. (I have no preference.) I'm 26 years old and 2013 will be my 4th ACen. According to my status, I'm a forum "veteran" - which I suppose I am. You can usually find me around on here, though I don't post as frequently as I used to. I started going to ACen in 2010 when I was supposed to be on a college choir trip that I planned and poured blood, sweat, and many many tears into- but instead I decided to skip it and go to ACen instead. I will never ever regret that choice! I was registration staff in 2011 and was going to staff again this year until circumstances prevented me from doing so. Ive met some of my favorite people at ACen, and couldn't imagine living my life without them. They know who they are. I live in Des Moines, IA currently, but have been hoping to move to the Chicago area for awhile now. I'm an artist and a lover. I tend to be one of those people who likes just about everyone, so I'm always up for new friends. That is actually my mantra - Life is about the adventures you have and the people you have them with.- I have a group of friends I hang out with, but not exclusively, so feel free to chat or meet up with me! Currently single- not actively looking for anyone but not opposed to it either. I'll probably be at the singles meetup if there is one this year. I try to always say exactly what I think when I'm asked or when I feel its right. I wont however just do it to draw attention or to make someone feel bad. I care more about others then myself sometimes.

I love (almost) all geeky things- Harry Potter, Anime, and Doctor Who are just some of my favorites. (I'm not into Twilight at all. I've read the books, and seen *most* of the movies- I gave them a shot- not my thing. Fairies sparkle... not vampires.) My favorite anime continuously changes, depending on my mood. Some days its Ceres: Celestial Legend - some days its Mai HiME - sometimes its FMA, however what got me into anime is a movie that might not be identified as Anime at all- Little Nemo. I saw it when I was six or seven and fell in love with it. I also love the Studio Ghibli films Ive seen. Read my "about me" to see a better list of what I've watched.

I like some JPOP/JROCK- though I'm not that diverse in it- X Japan, Miyavi, Gackt, Hyde/L'arc en Ceil. I've never cosplay'd from Anime or at an anime convention- but when I was real active in the HP fandom I played Bellatrix and Madame Rosmerta. My dream cosplays would have to be Nono/Buster Machine No. 7 from Diebuster and Lulu from FFX. Also Massacre Euphemia from Code Geass. (Maybe next year?)

Other than that, you may not see me post a lot, but I check the forums at least once a day usually. Feel free to send me a PM or add me on facebook, just let me know who you are when you do, because I don't just add random people.. :)/>/>

This post has been edited by KungPowKirby: 11 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

AKB48 and Sumire Sato Lover. 2017 will be my 8th ACen.

#2 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

Welcome back? Here have a cookie *hands cookie*

ACen is a ton of fun isn't it? I've been going since 2009 and it just gets better every year for me.

Doctor Who...so awesome. Hope they do something awesome for the 50th anniversary this year

Miyavi is such a great artist. I was so pumped to see him live in 2011.

Hope you enjoy the forums and ACen this year
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2017 and progress made

Greg Universe (5% complete)

#3 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:40 AM

Well hello there. I thought you were in Registrarion and I was right! I thought I was confusing you with someone else that starts with "K" It would have been great meeting you if we were ever paired. Like your mantra, I'm so use to same routine that I get tired of it and try to change it up whenever I can. This year for me is trying new things and breaking out of my comfort zone. I do agree with you in the Twilight series. I have seen the 1st movie and hate it. I don't see what girls are going crazy for but I do want to see how it ends though since I had a coworker tell me all about it. I prefer them to be like the True Blood's version of a vampire, so cuter! That's enough about me rambling so...

Welcome back to the ACen Forums Family!
Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#4 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

View PostMsLovelyCookie, on 12 February 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

Well hello there. I thought you were in Registrarion and I was right! I thought I was confusing you with someone else that starts with "K" It would have been great meeting you if we were ever paired. Like your mantra, I'm so use to same routine that I get tired of it and try to change it up whenever I can. This year for me is trying new things and breaking out of my comfort zone. I do agree with you in the Twilight series. I have seen the 1st movie and hate it. I don't see what girls are going crazy for but I do want to see how it ends though since I had a coworker tell me all about it. I prefer them to be like the True Blood's version of a vampire, so cuter! That's enough about me rambling so...

Welcoe back to the ACen Forums Family!

I didnt work the desks but I was a supervisor. I was one of the ones running around like a chicken with its head cut off, and helping people. Ill guarantee we met, just probably didnt last long. Haha I also kept having to run people to the ATM because our system was down and couldnt take cards. That was a fun year. lol XD

Twilight is just bleh... Ive read all the books. Hell, I even went to her breaking dawn book tour thing, but its just a badly written and completely unoriginal story. I do love True Blood though. The show is excellent, and Ive been trying to get my hands on the books to read.

And thanks for the welcome back... though Ive never actually gone away. XD Im just quiet anymore.

#5 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

View Postmagishine, on 12 February 2013 - 12:29 AM, said:

Welcome back? Here have a cookie *hands cookie*

ACen is a ton of fun isn't it? I've been going since 2009 and it just gets better every year for me.

Doctor Who...so awesome. Hope they do something awesome for the 50th anniversary this year

Miyavi is such a great artist. I was so pumped to see him live in 2011.

Hope you enjoy the forums and ACen this year

ACen is awesome. Im dragging my friend and her boyfriend this year. They are used to small conventions like Detour and AnimeIowa... so this one should be an eye opening experience for them. XD

I wanted to go see Miyavi so bad... but stupid work got in the way. Ive been hoping he will come back, but no such luck.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users