• This topic is locked

Japanese Band: Kalafina Kalafina to perform at Anime Central 2013

#211 User is offline   Nakigahara 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59253

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:55 AM

View PostLiana_Ilia, on 14 May 2013 - 11:20 PM, said:

So the only merchandise will be sold at the signing? Will it be the same line as the signing itself or a different one? I know they had a booth at Anime Boston for them but there won't be one this time?

In other words, gaaah so excited! Only 2 days! This is my first time seeing them with full band. (Just wish Yuki would be there as well like in Boston, but oh well) Hope to meet people there!

I would like an answer to this as well. I know that the signings are only 1 hour long, so I would hate to buy a $30+ CD without being able to get it signed.

#212 User is offline   acidtreat101 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63281

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

so, just picked up my tickets. section 104, row G. not gonna lie, I'm a bit disappointed. that's the very back row of the section I was moved into. oh well, I get to see Kalafina. i'd be willing to pay someone $50 per ticket if they have 2 tickets near the front. they could get my tickets in the back of section 104. if you are interested, send me a pm. that more than pays for your concert and you could go buy something in the exhibit hall.

#213 User is offline   MeiMyselfandi 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63251

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

Not sure if I just skipped over it, but when is the exact time the 2nd autograph session will be taking place? And will it be at the Hilton also or at the Hyatt?

#214 User is offline   JDM 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 18044

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:05 AM

View PostMeiMyselfandi, on 16 May 2013 - 09:49 PM, said:

Not sure if I just skipped over it, but when is the exact time the 2nd autograph session will be taking place? And will it be at the Hilton also or at the Hyatt?

http://m.guidebook.c.../event/2183614/

Kalafina's 2nd autograph session appears to be at 2:30-3:30PM on Saturday, in Autograph 1; at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center

#215 User is offline   Tomoe 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9672

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:01 AM

Will the Akoo theater be charging for parking at this concert?

This post has been edited by Tomoe: 17 May 2013 - 07:21 AM

#216 User is offline   acidtreat101 

• Pip

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

i hope they aren't charging I mean I already paid $13 for parking at the convention center and I don't want to pay again.

#217 User is offline   acidtreat101 

• Pip

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

well that was an awesome concert, panel, and i got kalafina to autograph my poster. thanks for arranging Kalafina to come to anime central, el ken.

#218 User is offline   Secretsof2113 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 59483

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

The concert was amazing! We ended up getting really great seats (Section 102, 7th row middle), and I was totally blown away by how awesome their performance was. I never figured that three voices would be able to blend together so flawlessly! I had goosebumps during the whole show.
ACen 2014 cosplays!
Rainbow Dash (fullsuit)-My Little Pony

#219 User is offline   youth 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 22

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:44 PM

I thought the concert was too loud to the point where the vocals were muddled with the music. Otherwise they sounded great during the mostly vocal parts. I'm sure if a dvd/blu-ray is ever released it'll sound much better. Missed the Yukino concert in the Grand Ballroom, but did go to the acoustic mini concert & thought the sound was better there.
g'day
youth

#220 User is offline   MsSilverFox 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 63526

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:21 AM

The Kalafina concert was amazing! My only complaint was the seats right by the speakers made it a bit difficult to hear the vocals at a few points. Other than that it was great! I'd love to see them again.
[center]ACen 2015 Cosplay
Mirajane-Fairy Tail

#221 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63062

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

That blew my mind. I hope we keep getting big guests and using the Rosemont Theatre for them. It was totally worth it.
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#222 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:27 PM

Great concert! My group was extremely upset at first...My friend went to get our tickets and was told that only one was ordered. She ordered and paid for three. The lady was very rude about it with a "sucks to be you" attitude, but thankfully some other guy came along and gave us our tickets, and we were in a better spot even. So it all worked out.

The second the last song ended we literally ran to the Hilton for the signing xD We were the first ones in line ^^ A bit disappointing that we couldn't take pictures or anything, but I understand that was to keep the line moving quickly. (In fact, I'd kinda like to see VA signings go like that...I love snapping their picture, but I'd love to get through the line quicker even more)

It was a lot of fun even though I'd never listened to them before. Thanks!
ACen 2017 Plans
Thursday: Maki Nishikino (Swimsuit, Circus) [Love Live! School Idol Project]
Friday: Rider [Fate/Stay Night], Maki Nishikino (Little Devil) Kisumi Shigino [Free!], Kae Serinuma (Gym) [Kiss Him Not Me!]
Saturday: Layla Hamilton [Kaleido Star] 100%, Zen (Spicy Jalapeno) [Mystic Messenger] Maki Nishikino (Sunny Day Song)
Sunday: Christophe Giacometti (Rapsodie Espagnole) [Yuri!!! on Ice] 100%

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takahashi Cosplay

#223 User is offline   Goldeneyeuro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 58858

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

I took a chance attending the concert- only had heard 2 of Kalafina's songs before and wasn't familiar with the group at all, plus concerts at the prior ACENs I attended have experienced delays of several hours which put me off. But this event itself was rather organized, the concert itself was amazing, and I ended up with excellent seats. I also took a chance on going to the signing afterwards since I hadn't really been interested in signings in the past. I don't regret going to the concert or the signing, those events perked up what was a mediocre Friday afternoon.
Never be average... - myself.
When life has no purpose, you're dead already. - Kiba from Wolf's Rain

Planned ACen 2K16 Cosplays:
Life Cool- Yuri Kuma Arashi, Slaine Troyard (count outfit)- Aldnoah Zero Season 2, Houka Inumuta (Black and Gold outfit)- Kill la Kill, Munakata Reisi- K Project

My Flickr- click for my photos

#224 User is offline   Liana_Ilia 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63176

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

Thanks so so much for getting Kalafina this year! I hope Keiko keeps her promise and they come back. *sigh* It hasn't quite hit me yet that it is overwith. I felt like I was in a dream, seeing them live. Yes, the sound was a bit off, but once they figured it out I think they turned down the sound a bit. And no Konno-san (the violinist) live! Those were the only disappointments though. So happy I got to hear obbligato live, my favorite song! And I got my 5th anniversary book signed by them. Thanks again, it was truly one of the best experiences in my life. :)

This post has been edited by Liana_Ilia: 20 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

-Liana Ilia

#225 User is offline   virus86 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62163

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

I hope they come back again! I agree with the sound being too high where there was distortion. Plus there were some points where the stage lighting was blinding, but I didnt look away lol.

Will we be able to purchase a recording of the concert? Im throwing money at my screen, but nothing is happening.

I dont get why we couldnt buy just the poster at the first signing session.

I must get the high res version of this photo: Official Kalafina Blog

This post has been edited by virus86: 20 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

#226 User is offline   AnimeFantasy 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 18160

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:03 PM

Was easily the highlight of my 9 years of attending ACen.

Was nearly in tears at how powerful they were. Sadly went by so darn fast.

I don't think I have ever spent a better 30$ in my life.

#227 User is offline   glenburg89 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 17536

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:01 PM

I'll admit, I wasn't a Kalafina fan before their ACen concert. Before then, I looked at a few youtube videos and gathered they mainly had a ballad style. Deciding to attend their concert was one of the best decisions I've made :) They had amazing stage presence, vocals, personality, and can rock out! They also connected with the crowd well. They were definitely a success! I hope ACen continues to use this model for future ACens (Having a big act perform at the Rosement Theatre).

This post has been edited by glenburg89: 21 May 2013 - 05:05 PM

Anime Central Attendee (2008-Current)

"ACen is a three day filler arc where your inner child shines and allows you to pursue your true self ."

#228 User is offline   Delta's Back! 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 60919

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

Amazing! The concert was amazing!!! I was in the front section with a subwolfer pointed me so some of the vocals were hard to hear at times when the drummer came in, but so cool!!! I can't listen their songs like Red Moon now with out crying a little they put so much soul in their songs! I was warm in my cosplay but their songs still sent shivers up my spine. ACen sweet 16 BEST ACen ever!!!

They are going to be hard to follow up. Oblivious *shivers* They are beyond words in person.

Thank you everyone at ACen! ACen is a two day vacation for me where I escape reality and drink from the cup of fantasy. Thank you were granting me this paradise.
ACen 2012: Lady in Red (orginal), Helba (Dot Hack)
ACen 2013: Pierce villiers (Alice in the Kingdom of Hearts), Helba (Dot Hack)

#229 User is offline   El Ken 

• Guest Relations Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5629

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:31 PM

View Postyouth, on 19 May 2013 - 10:44 PM, said:

I thought the concert was too loud to the point where the vocals were muddled with the music. Otherwise they sounded great during the mostly vocal parts. I'm sure if a dvd/blu-ray is ever released it'll sound much better. Missed the Yukino concert in the Grand Ballroom, but did go to the acoustic mini concert & thought the sound was better there.

The first time I saw a live performance in Tokyo, I was very surprised at how loud the sound engineers set the levels. As I attended more lives in Japan, I realized that it's simply how they do it there.

As the sound engineers on the Kalafina concert were from Japan, they set the levels consistent with how they always do it. I agree that many levels were a little hot - to the point of distortion from time to time - but I'd prefer to let Sony crew do their jobs the way they want.

For other events where our tech team is in charge of levels (like the Yukino concert), we have more input overall, but the tech company we used this year was great and didn't need much, if any, input from us.

Thank you for your feedback, and I will keep it in mind the next time we decide to put on a performance at the Rosemont Theatre.
Ken Leiding

Guest Relations Section Chief (2011- )

Hotel/Convention Site Relations, Retired (2006-2010)

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#230 User is offline   El Ken 

• Guest Relations Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5629

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:37 PM

View PostLiana_Ilia, on 20 May 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

Thanks so so much for getting Kalafina this year! I hope Keiko keeps her promise and they come back. *sigh* It hasn't quite hit me yet that it is overwith. I felt like I was in a dream, seeing them live. Yes, the sound was a bit off, but once they figured it out I think they turned down the sound a bit. And no Konno-san (the violinist) live! Those were the only disappointments though. So happy I got to hear obbligato live, my favorite song! And I got my 5th anniversary book signed by them. Thanks again, it was truly one of the best experiences in my life. :)/>

Yes, I was pretty devastated when I was informed that Konno-san had to cancel at the last minute. He is just incredible live (as is everyone in the group), but the overall performance still turned out really well. Thank you for your feedback, and I'm glad you enjoyed the show.
Ken Leiding

Guest Relations Section Chief (2011- )

Hotel/Convention Site Relations, Retired (2006-2010)

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#231 User is offline   njiteb 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63464

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

Next time, if you have the whole band again, maybe you should ask the band to do signings too. I'm sure lots of fans would like that as well.

It was my first time volunteering at a convention and first time to ACen. Sole reason was to see Kalafina and I had a blast!

I do go see concerts in Japan too, but I never notice the volume level being so high even in the front rows. I guess it's like how every venue is different, maybe?

I did actually ask Kalafina where Konno-san was, Wakana apologized about him not being there. It was a week after his birthday afterall and I was going to say happy birthday to him if I had the chance.

Also, I was glad they had Ongaku on the setlist as I was a little worried they were not going to do it because they didn't at the April 6 Consolation special live. This was the 12th time I saw the song performed live and I can't get enough of it. Maybe I'll get tired of it someday, but when the music starts, it probably won't matter anymore.

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users