• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Supernatural 2013

#31 User is offline   Yonda 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61552

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

Alright, so here is the video for the tutorial: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvnQB1kHTY4[/media]
I apologize for the low lighting--it was shot on my webcam because my camera would not hold its charge long enough to make a video, but I hope you guys can at least see a little of what was going on.
My tumblr is http://amadrei.tumblr.com if you need to contact me and you have more questions. c:

This post has been edited by Yonda: 04 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplays
Sam Winchester - Supernatural
Lucifer - Supernatural
Leviathan!Castiel - Supernatural
Sherlock Holmes - BBC's Sherlock

#32 User is offline   M&M 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 26997

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

View PostYonda, on 04 January 2013 - 11:31 PM, said:

Alright, so here is the video for the tutorial: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvnQB1kHTY4[/media]
I apologize for the low lighting--it was shot on my webcam because my camera would not hold its charge long enough to make a video, but I hope you guys can at least see a little of what was going on.
My tumblr is http://amadrei.tumblr.com if you need to contact me and you have more questions. c:

Yay! Great technique, and hooray for the music! xD I was just waiting for 'Dude Looks Like a Lady' at the end, haha!

#33 User is offline   Yonda 

• Pip

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

I almost put that song in just because. But I have so much classic rock on my playlist that I just had to choose the three that were stuck in my head at the moment.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Lucifer - Supernatural

#34 User is offline   M&M 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

View PostYonda, on 05 January 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

I almost put that song in just because. But I have so much classic rock on my playlist that I just had to choose the three that were stuck in my head at the moment.

You a classic rock gal too? My dad used to play nothing but rock, so I grew up loving the sound of AC/DC and Kansas, etc. When they played songs I knew in Supernatural, I fell in love with the show and felt so validated when Dean was affronted because no one liked his music xD

Edit: OHMYGOD YOUR TUMBLR THOUGH!!! ........so beautiful......

This post has been edited by M&M: 06 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

#35 User is offline   DoomTako 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 26807

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

Oh hey there. I don't totally know my schedule yet, but I am planning on hanging out as Gabriel.

As to the fanservice thing, I'll just reiterate the main thing that it is totally up to the cosplayers in question. We had an issue at the Supernatural gathering a couple years ago with someone - a friend of an acquaintance, that sort of thing - coming in and gratuitously disregarding personal space.

If nothing else, I am going to try to be there as crowd control/a bouncer. Last year's shoot went reasonably smoothly though.
Cosplay 2013

Kili (The Hobbit)
Gabriel (Supernatural): Saturday photoshoot?

tumblr

#36 User is offline   Naima Katara 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61448

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

I'm sooooo excited about this!!! <3 Supernatural!
ACen 2013 cosplays
Chidori: Persona 3
Zoe: Firefly
Lenalee: D Gray Man
Tsubaki: Soul Eater

#37 User is offline   Yonda 

• Pip

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

Big congrats to us for winning this year's best fandom on the PCA!
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Lucifer - Supernatural

#38 User is offline   Judas_Michael 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61852

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

Hey! I'm cosplaying Dean and my girlfriends cosplaying Sam.

I don't like Wincest but I will if it means pictures ;)
Cosplays:

Thief King Bakura -Season 5 Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters
Kaname Kuran- Vampire Knight
Beyond Birthday- Death Note, LABB Murder Cases
Kenny McCormick - Southpark
Mail Jeeves ((Matt)) - Death Note

#39 User is offline   M&M 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

Quick question to the group: Are we planning on doing anything other than the photoshoot? Like, do any of us want to travel together for pictures if we don't have other obligations for a bit? Cause there are a lot of other locations that would work well for small group gatherings and I know a lot of people want to make the shoot but can't, so they won't get pictures of our lovely cosplays. Figured I'd ask.

#40 User is offline   bookkbaby 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 49857

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

View PostM&M, on 31 January 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

Quick question to the group: Are we planning on doing anything other than the photoshoot? Like, do any of us want to travel together for pictures if we don't have other obligations for a bit? Cause there are a lot of other locations that would work well for small group gatherings and I know a lot of people want to make the shoot but can't, so they won't get pictures of our lovely cosplays. Figured I'd ask.

I'd be cool with hanging out for a while! I don't have any other plans, so I'd be willing to go with people for pictures. ^_^

#41 User is offline   M&M 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

View Postbookkbaby, on 31 January 2013 - 05:31 PM, said:

I'd be cool with hanging out for a while! I don't have any other plans, so I'd be willing to go with people for pictures. ^_^/>

Okay! Sounds good to me! One of the biggest problems with cosplaying in a fandom with relatively 'normal clothing' is that even people who love the fandom don't always know who is cosplaying, so it helps to travel in cast groups.

#42 User is offline   bookkbaby 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:11 AM

Random thought for the ship photoshoots:

If there is any particular fanart someone really, really likes and wants to see a cosplayer do, maybe they should bring the images with and we'll see if we can't get people to agree? (I've seen some really adorable Destiel cosplayers pose like Destiel fanarts and just... MY HEART.)

#43 User is offline   M&M 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

View Postbookkbaby, on 11 February 2013 - 03:11 AM, said:

Random thought for the ship photoshoots:

If there is any particular fanart someone really, really likes and wants to see a cosplayer do, maybe they should bring the images with and we'll see if we can't get people to agree? (I've seen some really adorable Destiel cosplayers pose like Destiel fanarts and just... MY HEART.)

Send me pics and we can pose as such if you'd like. I really like the DevArt one called 'Scars' (also a really good fic). Just figured out that I'll be cutting and dying my real hair for Dean, so I'm pretty excited on that front. It's rare I get to use my real hair.

#44 User is offline   bookkbaby 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:34 AM

Sweet! I've started practicing my makeup and while I'm not great at it yet, I'm getting the hang of it! ^_^

I may or may not be bringing pics, depends on if I see any I like that we can actually do. XD I might ask my followers if they have any requests, though!

#45 User is offline   M&M 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

View Postbookkbaby, on 12 February 2013 - 01:34 AM, said:

Sweet! I've started practicing my makeup and while I'm not great at it yet, I'm getting the hang of it! ^_^/>

I may or may not be bringing pics, depends on if I see any I like that we can actually do. XD I might ask my followers if they have any requests, though!

Great! Practice helps a lot :) I got a liiiiiiittle too into my Dean cosplay and am now using bits of cut-up wig to do the stubble to make it super realistic (since he sometimes has a bit more than just a shadow) and I've been going crazy with glee trying all these new makeup techniques.

Good idea, Tumblr has the greatest ideas for that kind of stuff.

#46 User is offline   bookkbaby 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

I couldn't find a stipple sponge, so I ended up getting these foam brush things that seem to be working ok... I need a lot more practice, though, I look like an idiot. >_< (I don't wear makeup, so it's hard for me to figure out...)

#47 User is offline   M&M 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

View Postbookkbaby, on 12 February 2013 - 11:19 PM, said:

I couldn't find a stipple sponge, so I ended up getting these foam brush things that seem to be working ok... I need a lot more practice, though, I look like an idiot. >_< (I don't wear makeup, so it's hard for me to figure out...)

I'll be bringing all my makeup stuff (it's kind of sad how much I have since I don't really wear much in general xD) so if you can't find a stipple brush, I have like 4. Looking like an idiot is all part of the process, and frankly my favorite part, cause it's when my dad gets in on it and shows me how to 'be a man' properly. He even threw up his hands and learned how to apply makeup so he could do it for me if necessary.

#48 User is offline   bookkbaby 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

Your dad is the BEST dad! (My parents' idea of encouragement of my cosplay is to tell me 'Of course no one will mistake you for a man, honey! You're a GIRL.' It bothered me less before I realized I identified more as androgynous than female... *headdesk*)

Thank you, dear!

#49 User is offline   Naima Katara 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61448

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

View Postbookkbaby, on 13 February 2013 - 02:11 PM, said:

Your dad is the BEST dad! (My parents' idea of encouragement of my cosplay is to tell me 'Of course no one will mistake you for a man, honey! You're a GIRL.' It bothered me less before I realized I identified more as androgynous than female... *headdesk*)

Thank you, dear!

Parents can be like that. :/ The thing is they want to see you as what they see you as (i.e., how they've always seen you) so they think it's odd when you're anything out of their little realm of comfort. I've drastically changed my look so many times that my parents didn't necessarily care about me crossplaying (other than that I was dressing like a boy). But as soon as they saw how I can alter my appearance to become pretty much anybody they started thinking about it in terms of part of the art of what I do. Hopefully your parents can come around :)
ACen 2013 cosplays
Chidori: Persona 3
Zoe: Firefly
Lenalee: D Gray Man
Tsubaki: Soul Eater

#50 User is offline   Xailey 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63206

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

This is my first ACen and I'm going to be cosplaying female Gabriel for at least one of the days. Since I'm new to this I was wondering what the plan for this was.

This post has been edited by Xailey: 26 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

ACen 2013 cosplays
Friday: Female Gabriel
Saturday: Bruce Banner, Female Gabriel(?)
Sunday: Casual Hydra Bob(?), Female Gabriel(?)

#51 User is offline   Yonda 

• Pip

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

Were you wondering when the photoshoot would be, Xailey?
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Lucifer - Supernatural

#52 User is offline   Xailey 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63206

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

View PostYonda, on 08 March 2013 - 11:33 AM, said:

Were you wondering when the photoshoot would be, Xailey?

Yeah, I was. I had planned on cosplaying female Gabriel on Friday and possibly Sunday and then Bruce Banner on Saturday so I was mainly wondering if I going to need to add Gabriel to Saturday as well. Also an actual time and place would be nice.
ACen 2013 cosplays
Friday: Female Gabriel
Saturday: Bruce Banner, Female Gabriel(?)
Sunday: Casual Hydra Bob(?), Female Gabriel(?)

#53 User is offline   bookkbaby 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

View PostXailey, on 10 March 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

Yeah, I was. I had planned on cosplaying female Gabriel on Friday and possibly Sunday and then Bruce Banner on Saturday so I was mainly wondering if I going to need to add Gabriel to Saturday as well. Also an actual time and place would be nice.

Unfortunately, the schedule isn't up yet, so we don't know. I did request Saturday afternoon, but we'll have to see where we were place before we know for sure!

I requested the Loading Docks, so if we get what we asked for, it'll be Saturday afternoon at the loading docks.

#54 User is offline   Judas_Michael 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61852

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

Looking forward to this! My Dean costume recently one a prize at a small local con. I'm getting pumped >//<
Cosplays:

Thief King Bakura -Season 5 Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters
Kaname Kuran- Vampire Knight
Beyond Birthday- Death Note, LABB Murder Cases
Kenny McCormick - Southpark
Mail Jeeves ((Matt)) - Death Note

#55 User is offline   bookkbaby 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

View PostJudas_Michael, on 11 March 2013 - 03:30 PM, said:

Looking forward to this! My Dean costume recently one a prize at a small local con. I'm getting pumped >//<

Oooh, can't wait to see it! ^_^

(I'm getting super, super excited for this!!!)

#56 User is offline   Emi-Chan 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 26539

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:35 PM

I have a Fem!Cas costume I could bring!
ACen 2013
Tinkerbell, Disney's Peter Pan
Korra, Legend of Korra
Fem!Cas, Supernatural
Fionna, Adventure Time

#57 User is offline   bookkbaby 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:56 PM

Hee, do it! The more the merrier! (Let's see just how many people we can rope into coming~!)

#58 User is offline   Erinla 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60200

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

I know it looked as though everyone was pretty pumped for a Saturday photoshoot, but I was wondering if anybody might perhaps be interested in a Friday night one, as well? My friends and I will all be doing different genderbends of Cas, and I was really hoping to go to a photoshoot, and I'm sure there will still be plenty of Supernatural cosplayers on Friday, too!

#59 User is offline   bookkbaby 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

View PostErinla, on 17 March 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

I know it looked as though everyone was pretty pumped for a Saturday photoshoot, but I was wondering if anybody might perhaps be interested in a Friday night one, as well? My friends and I will all be doing different genderbends of Cas, and I was really hoping to go to a photoshoot, and I'm sure there will still be plenty of Supernatural cosplayers on Friday, too!

If other people want to have a photoshoot on Friday as well, that's cool! (I'm only going to be able to get there for Saturday's, though, I think. >_< Mostly because of transportation issues). I wish I could see your cosplays, though, they sound awesome. (And CAS. More Cas is always a good thing!)

You should definitely show up for the Saturday one too, even if you're not in cosplay! (It'll be a lot of fun!)

#60 User is offline   Rury 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61407

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

I wish I could join you guys! I went as Sam during Youmacon last year, my friend as Gab, my sister as Cas and her friend went as Dean (even coach Dean, too). Unfortunately, I think I have other plans. >.< I may come to snap a few photos, though!

You can see some pictures here (mostly of my sister and friend): http://havocandponcy.../tagged/Cosplay

This post has been edited by Rury: 19 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users