• This topic is locked

Ghost in the Shell Panels 2013

#1 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

Hi everyone! I thought I would start a combined thread for my two panels I submitted, which are about Ghost in the Shell! My two Ghost in the Shell panels focus on the philosophy of Ghost in the Shell, and I have one panel for the first two films--Ghost in the Shell and Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence and also a separate panel that focuses on the philosophy of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex series, including the sequel movie Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society. In both, the original manga by Shirow Masamune will also be discussed and included too! Be sure to look out for "My Ghost whispers, therefore I am" panel which is about the first two Ghost in the Shell films and "Let's form a Stand Alone Complex!" focusing on the Stand Alone Complex series. Specifically, some philosophers we will address: René Descartes, Jaegwon Kim, Bernard Baars (he is also a neurobiologist), and David Chalmers! But don't worry we will be adressing even more!

Both of these panels are round table discussion based, so everyone in the audience can chime in whenever they would like and discuss/debate and talk about the deep questions that Ghost in the Shell asks of us in each of its incarnations. I presented the "My Ghost whispers, therefore I am" panel at Anime Midwest and we had a lot of fun and had some AWESOME discussion. So come on down to the panels so we can answer the deep questions Ghost in the Shell asks of us!

And if you have any suggestions on what we should bring up, discuss or even specific philosophers you would like to address please feel free to post on this thread or PM me! I submitted the panel for 1 hour and 45 minutes so we can have lots of time to discuss. With these deep topic, time FLIES! Let's keep our fingers crossed that we get approval!!!!
ACen 2017 Cosplay
Friday: General Esdeath (Akame Ga Kill!) (98% d/t touch ups and re-doing sword)
Saturday: Major Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell ARISE variant] (100%)
RIP Origa <3

COME SEE MY PANELS!!!

"Let's Form a Stand Alone Complex!" Saturday, 12:30 PM – 2:15 PM Panel Room 13 DESCC
"My Ghost Whispers, Therefore I am" Saturday, 3:45 PM – 5:30 PM Panel Room 13

#2 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

I was at this panel at Anime Midwest and it was really insightful and well done. I know absolutely nothing about philosophy and at the time I saw this panel, I had only ever seen the first GITS movie. It was very well presented and the presenter didn't talk down to you like an idiot if you didn't know about certain parts of the philosophy she was talking about. I for one am very excited to see this panel again and the new one about SAC. I've since seen the other 2 movies and the entire series and I feel like I have a better understanding of the philosophy in the show and movies than I did back then. I was surprised at just how in depth the audience got into it. People were really getting into it. Well here's hoping that both panels get approved!
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2017 and progress made

Greg Universe (5% complete)

#3 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

Yaaaay!! We have been approved for both panels! So be sure to bring your brains to ACen because there is going to be some cybernetic philosophizing! BOO-YAH! :D
ACen 2017 Cosplay
RIP Origa <3

COME SEE MY PANELS!!!

"Let's Form a Stand Alone Complex!" Saturday, 12:30 PM – 2:15 PM Panel Room 13 DESCC

#4 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

Hey everyone! Just want to let you know the panel times for the Ghost in the Shell panels this year! :thumbup:
Both are conveniently on Friday, in the same room back to back! :D/>/>/>/> So be sure to warm up your brains for never ending philosophy! YEAH!

The My Ghost whispers, therefore I am panel is from 4:30 PM-6:15PM on Friday, May 17th in the Charles DeGaulle Room in the Hyatt!

And right after from 6:30PM-8:15PM on Friday, May 17th in the Charles DeGaulle Room in the Hyatt is the Let's Form a Stand Alone Complex! panel! It is going to be great seeing you all and having great discussions for sure!

And remember! You don't have to be good at philosophy/know anything about it, etc! Everyone is welcome to the discussion. We are all here to learn from each other and try to figure out the answers Ghost in the Shell asks us! :D
ACen 2017 Cosplay
RIP Origa <3

COME SEE MY PANELS!!!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users