Anime Central Forums: Video, Photography, & Archiving Needs You! - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Video, Photography, & Archiving Needs You!

#1 User is offline   SarahBeth1107 

• Press ADH
  • Pip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 59418

Post icon  Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

Known as "that photo guy" at every family event?
Have an awesome YouTube channel full of videos you've made?
Enjoy going to panels and meetups?

Well, the Video, Photography, & Archiving Department (VPA) at Anime Central needs you! We are now accepting applications for the 2013 convention year. We have positions both as staff in the department and as service-to-con.

**What would my role be?
As staff, you would be working both in teams and individually to capture video & photo content for use by ACen. We produce the opening & closing ceremonies videos, as well as some promotional spots through the year. In years past we have gone backstage at events such as Masquerade, taken behind-the-scenes footage of set-up & tear-down, and even gotten one-on-one interviews with guests! Sometimes, we even engage in a little intrigue and late-night covert operations! After the con, we maintain the footage archives for other departments to use.
As service-to-con, you would have the same goals, but would only be required to complete about 10 hours' worth of assignments over the con in exchange for a free badge!

**What skills will I need?
We are looking for people who love anime and want to use their skills for the con! Previous photography or videography experience is required - you don't have to have a degree or career in a related field, but you do need to know how to use a camera! We're also looking for people to do on-site editing and logging. We will also be holding a training session or two before the convention to brush up your skills and get plenty of practice on-site!

**How do I apply?
If you would like to apply, or just want more information - please email me at media.services@ACen.org. If you want to apply, please include a link or two to some of your work.

Thanks for your interest!
-Sarah Leitzen, DH
Video, Photography, & Archiving Department

This post has been edited by SarahBeth1107: 19 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users