• This topic is locked

Casting call!

#1 User is offline   Fullmetalcrusade 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 2749

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:08 PM

So i haven't posted here in a VERY long time, but I figured what better way to make my return than with (hopefully) exciting news.

So as some of my friends here know, I am an independent filmmaker. I studied film and TV production at Columbia, finished in 2010 and have...been working tech support ever since. However, I am finally getting things in gear to shoot a full 90 minute feature. I don't want to go into too many specifics now, as I will be posting a kickstarter video in the coming weeks that will explain a lot more. But i will say, the setting of the film is a convention, and a majority of the characters(major and minor) are cosplayers who appear in cosplay.

So now I finally get to my point.

I'm looking to start doing some auditions and casting some of the characters. While there will be a lot of roles, right now I am focusing on a select few. Mostly looking for cosplayers, however non cosplayers are encouraged to apply as well if you are interested in participating. The roles I'm starting with are as follows.

Laura, mid-late 20s, cosplay chick and second best friend to the main character. She's the whole reason he's even at this convention, and shes's the only one struggling to keep him on the task at hand, rather than letting him go out and party it up at the con with everyone else.

Alice, early to mid 20s, heavy cosplayer. Alice is a bit of an enigma, seeming to change cosplay costume from scene to scene. What exactly is her interest in the main character, and why does he feel this strange attraction to her?

Kat, gender open, 20s. The strangest person the main character has ever met. Kat speaks entirely in riddles, never quite saying what they mean while saying EXACTLY what they mean. Is Kat a guardian angel, or simply someone who's coming off a Dr. Seuss/David Lynch binge?

There will be a much broader casting call in the coming months, but for now these are the roles I am looking to fill. If anyone is interested, shoot an email to unengagedfilm@gmail.com and I can give you a bit more info. Be sure to include some info about yourself, such as all(if any) acting experience, cosplay experience, etc. Remember, you don;t HAVE to be a cosplayer to apply. I'll take any questions here, though I will say now I'm keeping some things vague until I'm ready to reveal the kickstarter video. Thanks for reading!

View PostFlyingElf, on Apr 21 2007, 10:26 PM, said:

Reactor doesnt' count as a con. Reactor is an experiment in how bad a group of otaku can destroy a hotel given 3 days...

#2 User is offline   Fullmetalcrusade 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

Also, feel free to post here as well, if you aren't quite sure yet and don't want to shoot off an email. I'll be checking this thread regularly and answering any questions etc.

Reactor doesnt' count as a con. Reactor is an experiment in how bad a group of otaku can destroy a hotel given 3 days...

#3 User is offline   SeikoMiwarui 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 17644

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:14 PM

Where are you planning on doing the filming for this? >.>; Or is that something you will be discussing at a later date?

#4 User is offline   Fullmetalcrusade 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:16 PM

View PostSeikoMiwarui, on 11 September 2012 - 10:14 PM, said:

Where are you planning on doing the filming for this? >.>; Or is that something you will be discussing at a later date?

Majority will be filmed at Anime Central, with some of the earlier scenes being done in an apartment(namely my apartment) mostly with the main 3 characters for those scenes though.

#5 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:30 PM

Hello.

My main question is a follow up to the one asked before:
- When filming at ACen..how long do you expect that we will be filming?

I mean...I am planning to attend the con to attend and take part in a lot of things, I would be a little sad if my time was monopolized by this.

Also - is there going to be a script for this?
A-Cen 2016: Friday Early: Hikaru Friday Late: Nightmare Moon Saturday: Wonder Woman Sunday: Hell Girl

A-cen 2015: Sailor Luna (PGSM) //// Fish Mooney //// Anthy //// Fluttershy (MLP:FIM)
A-cen 2014: Angewomon (Digimon) //// Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) //// Hikaru (Angelic Layer)
A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#6 User is offline   Fullmetalcrusade 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:22 PM

View PostCrimsonAnime, on 13 September 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

Hello.

My main question is a follow up to the one asked before:
- When filming at ACen..how long do you expect that we will be filming?

I mean...I am planning to attend the con to attend and take part in a lot of things, I would be a little sad if my time was monopolized by this.

Also - is there going to be a script for this?

I understand your concern...

As of right now, the tentative shooting schedule is to take place the week of ACen, starting on Monday(or possibly Sunday but more thinking monday) with all the home shots being done that day. Tue-Wed will be a majority of the outdoor shooting and "hotel room" scenes then finally on Thursday, I hope to get a majority of the "convention" scenes. Friday I will try to wrap things up, getting whatever scenes remain shot, working with the cameo actor(to be revealed later) to get his scenes done, and just overall cleanup. I realize that enlisting congoers as actors, I will need to prioritize time since the majority of them will want to take part in con activities as well, so I am trying to get most of this done BEFORE the actual con begins. I hope that answers your question.

Also yes, there is a script.

This post has been edited by Fullmetalcrusade: 14 September 2012 - 01:22 PM

#7 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:51 PM

Thanks so much for answering so quickly.
The time frame is pretty nice. Seems a bit busy, which is what is expected I guess.

Anywho - I think I'll toss my name in the hat for interest.
I do like acting
A-Cen 2016: Friday Early: Hikaru Friday Late: Nightmare Moon Saturday: Wonder Woman Sunday: Hell Girl

A-cen 2015: Sailor Luna (PGSM) //// Fish Mooney //// Anthy //// Fluttershy (MLP:FIM)
A-cen 2014: Angewomon (Digimon) //// Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) //// Hikaru (Angelic Layer)
A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#8 User is offline   Fullmetalcrusade 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:00 PM

View PostCrimsonAnime, on 14 September 2012 - 09:51 PM, said:

The time frame is pretty nice. Seems a bit busy, which is what is expected I guess.

I do like acting

Shoot an email to unengagedfilm@gmail.com with what character you think you'd be interested in, any cosplay experience you want to talk about, any acting experience, etc. Thanks for the interest!

#9 User is offline   Fullmetalcrusade 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

Just a quick update, the role of Kat has been filled, but the other two roles are still open!

#10 User is offline   Fullmetalcrusade 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

View PostCrimsonAnime, on 14 September 2012 - 09:51 PM, said:

I do like acting

Were you(or anyone else) Still interested?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users