Anime Central Forums: Nintendo's Wii U - Anime Central Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Nintendo's Wii U Ready for U this holiday season.

#31 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 13 September 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

350? I rather buy a Vita then!

And the cheaper one looks like crap -.-;\

Wait are you sure about west being one hour? Because they are two hours here and I'm in central. I talk to a girl in Cali and she's always two hours behind of me. Same with my friend.

Here is a present example, generally speaking:
EST = 4:28PM
CST = 3:28PM
MST = 2:28PM
PST = 1:28PM

As for the U, I'm a gonna wait.

This post has been edited by rondo: 13 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

#32 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 307

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 13 September 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

350? I rather buy a Vita then!

And the cheaper one looks like crap -.-;\

Wait are you sure about west being one hour? Because they are two hours here and I'm in central. I talk to a girl in Cali and she's always two hours behind of me. Same with my friend.

I hate to sound mean but are you just messing with us now? I mean, this is stuff learned in grade school. Or two second worth of Google searching. The West Coast(Pacific Time) would be 2 hours different, the East Coast(Eastern) is one hour different from Central. It's not that hard.

As for the Wii U, the price is higher than I want to pay for an underpowered system with no appealing games announced for it yet. I will wait but will not hold my breath.
All systems... GO!

#33 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:35 PM

I'll only buy this for the next Smash Bros. AND when it drops in price.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

#34 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

Bayonetta 2? A Wii U Exclusive?!?! FUUUUUUU. I know it'll end up at on Xbox and PS3 before too long but....I want it!
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2017 and progress made

Greg Universe (5% complete)

#35 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

View Postmagishine, on 13 September 2012 - 01:28 PM, said:

So anybody else gonna wait on the Wii U for now? I want to buy it I really do but the Wii was a terrible system and I don't want to buy another console that'll only have a handful of games worth playing

I'm waiting because of the next Smash and that's it. Even then it's a wait and see. 300+ for a system is a lot for me.

@Jaeger You know you sound insulting with your last post and if I was an angsty person I would be butthurt. Your post said: "One hour. Eastern, Central, Mountain, Pacific." You should had simply said "Well X is one hour and Y is two from your Central Timezone." Your statement made it sound like all of it was one hour. Rondo explained it a lot better than you.

-Gasp- Unlike you I came from a crappy school near a ghetto that had constant shootings everyday and hated anime, which is why I failed college. We did not teach time zones here because we couldn't even afford a gym =_= I can use google because oh I'm not that stupid.

-true sarcasm-

Sorry about derailing the thread.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#36 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:45 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 13 September 2012 - 06:39 PM, said:

I'm waiting because of the next Smash and that's it. Even then it's a wait and see. 300+ for a system is a lot for me.

Me too. Especially considering I just dumped that into a PS3 earlier this year
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

#37 User is offline   bewd7879 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 60057

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

I was going to wait until Smash Bros. comes out to get a Wii U, but then they had to go and announce Bayonetta 2 :/ Guess I'll be getting one next year!

#38 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 5880

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:49 PM

View Postmagishine, on 13 September 2012 - 04:38 PM, said:

Bayonetta 2? A Wii U Exclusive?!?! FUUUUUUU. I know it'll end up at on Xbox and PS3 before too long but....I want it!

Not when Nintendo is the one PUBLISHING IT.
Kuchiki Byakuya: Ohayocon '06
Kuchiki Byakuya: ACen '06
Rose: Ohayocon '07
Part of Shinigami Squad '06

#39 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

View PostAiddon Valentin, on 13 September 2012 - 08:49 PM, said:

Not when Nintendo is the one PUBLISHING IT.

*goes to look* Now I have to buy a Wii U. Damn it. I was hoping to wait a while to get it lol
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

#40 User is offline   Soy Sauce 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 4725

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:45 PM

I pre-ordered the Wii U just in case I do change my mind on getting it at launch. I can move that pre-order to something else if I don't want the system. But my money is on it for now...
SoyCon 8 | The Island Paradise
July 18-19, 2015 in Rolling Meadows, IL
Join us on Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter as well!

#41 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

View Postmagishine, on 13 September 2012 - 04:38 PM, said:

I'm a little confused on that tatic. At first it seems like they are trying to get back to the hardcore gamer market (showing off black ops 2 was another one), yet...was Bayonetta really selling enough to make them so that THAT's gonna be their big money maker for hardcore gamers? Also wouldn't it sorta piss off the "family friendly" consumers that they just been making millions off of?
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#42 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 307

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:00 PM

View PostDark Stranger, on 13 September 2012 - 09:52 PM, said:

I'm a little confused on that tatic. At first it seems like they are trying to get back to the hardcore gamer market (showing off black ops 2 was another one), yet...was Bayonetta really selling enough to make them so that THAT's gonna be their big money maker for hardcore gamers? Also wouldn't it sorta piss off the "family friendly" consumers that they just been making millions off of?

It's actually quite the opposite. Bayonetta did not sell that well. Platinum Games wanted to make a sequel but no one wanted to publish it because sales of the first were poor. So Platinum shopped it around hoping someone would fund it, and Nintendo agreed to publish it so that they could have a mature game on their system.

So Bayonetta 2 is on the Wii U because it sold poorly and no one wanted to fund it on other systems.
All systems... GO!

#43 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:35 AM

View Postmagishine, on 13 September 2012 - 09:04 PM, said:

*goes to look* Now I have to buy a Wii U. Damn it. I was hoping to wait a while to get it lol

At the very least be grateful Nintendo saved the series; Sega actually very nearly canceled it as Bayo 1 didn't sell enough for Sega to have a huge amount of confidence in it and they've been having some rough financial reports lately. With the Wonderful 101 Nintendo seems to have a pretty good relationship with Platinum Games.

#44 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:38 AM

View PostDark Stranger, on 13 September 2012 - 09:52 PM, said:

No considering that Nintendo wasn't only for the family friendly consumers. They had a number of T and M rated games and T rated games are not exactly "family friendly." Due to the amount of variety of games towards that market fans and gamers just dubbed it like that.

It's like saying that the Xbox doesn't have anything under M and that the PS3 only has fighting/RPGS as it's demo.

I didn't know Bayonetta sold that much here a lot like Catherine; guess this country surprised me.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#45 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:45 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 14 September 2012 - 08:38 AM, said:

No considering that Nintendo wasn't only for the family friendly consumers. They had a number of T and M rated games and T rated games are not exactly "family friendly." Due to the amount of variety of games towards that market fans and gamers just dubbed it like that.

It's like saying that the Xbox doesn't have anything under M and that the PS3 only has fighting/RPGS as it's demo.

I didn't know Bayonetta sold that much here a lot like Catherine; guess this country surprised me.

While they had M games they didn't really push them, because they were making millions off of thrid party crap games. I mean Madworld is a Wii exclusive but how much did they advertise it? I only found out about the game through game magaizines.
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui

#46 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:00 AM

View PostDark Stranger, on 14 September 2012 - 08:45 AM, said:

While they had M games they didn't really push them, because they were making millions off of thrid party crap games. I mean Madworld is a Wii exclusive but how much did they advertise it? I only found out about the game through game magaizines.

Yeah that's true, which is why I didn't play the Wii much! That and I rather enjoy playing RPGS over Mario and Brawl.

Nintendo figures that, "if it's not broken don't fix it." Same with Capcom and Megaman/Rockman for a while. If people keep buying Mario they they are going to ship that out til the cows come home >.<
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#47 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59429

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:29 PM

http://www.uproxx.co...with-the-wii-u/
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#48 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:18 PM

View PostYoungBirdcall, on 14 September 2012 - 12:29 PM, said:

I can count on birdie to give me funny and interesting articles about op topic. I laughed at the "cockpunch," the most.

This might sell the Wii U over google/apple but it's a wait and see. So far Nintendo has only totally bombed with one system, (you know the one.)
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#49 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:25 PM

Consoles recently have sold themselves as bigtime entertainment hubs but it hasn't been the real driving force behind their sales. The PS3 bluray capability is likely the biggest entertainment hub feature that has pushed a console this generation because as a player, it was great..and it played games.

Gimmicks aside, if a console really wants to be successful and get into people's homes, it comes down to the games and price of admission. And for Nintendo, it is not based on riding on the backs of the 1st party titles. The Wii rode the gadgetry newness for awhile but when the novelty wore off, the system tanked with only price helping it push units.

This is a whole different era of gaming. If Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft doesn't do enough to stay ahead of the game, so to speak, they are gonna get overrun by the mobile/indie/cheap game movement.

This post has been edited by rondo: 14 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

#50 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59429

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

http://kotaku.com/59...ake-rpgs-better
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#51 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 46337

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

A rpg i want in the wiiU is a D&D like system where you have 3 players on wii motes and a dungen master on the wiiu remote.

This post has been edited by Visadin the insane: 14 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

ACEN 2012 cosplay: white mage (FF), male pokemon trainer (pokemon black)

#52 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

View PostVisadin the insane, on 14 September 2012 - 04:03 PM, said:

A rpg i want in the wiiU is a D&D like system where you have 3 players on wii motes and a dungen master on the wiiu remote.

That would be amazing! Oh my! Somebody needs to make that happen
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

#53 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:01 PM

Overpriced Square Enix tablet games

They joke about that but...

#54 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

I give Nintendo props for publishing Bayonetta 2. Cuz it wouldn't be here if they didn't.

(Doesn't mean I'm getting a WiiU at launch. Learned my lesson with the Wii. I'm waiting probably a year, unless they have around 5 games I must play)
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#55 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:17 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 14 September 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

I give Nintendo props for publishing Bayonetta 2. Cuz it wouldn't be here if they didn't.

(Doesn't mean I'm getting a WiiU at launch. Learned my lesson with the Wii. I'm waiting probably a year, unless they have around 5 games I must play)

Yeah, that's the unfortunate truth. Just because there's one game that'll be fun at launch doesn't mean there will be good games a year later
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

#56 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:07 PM

View PostYoungBirdcall, on 14 September 2012 - 12:29 PM, said:

interesting

#57 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

View PostVisadin the insane, on 14 September 2012 - 04:03 PM, said:

That's something my brother and I were talking about last night; basically like LittleBigPlanet: RPG Edition. It'd be cool to make your own towns, dungeons, spells, character classes, and monsters.

This post has been edited by Aiddon Valentin: 15 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

#58 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:51 PM

View PostYoungBirdcall, on 14 September 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

This would be awesome, especially if there was a Dragon quest or Bahamunt lagoon game.

@Rondo: I HATE THOSE INDIE PHONE GAMERS RAWR.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#59 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

Dear BUDDHA the thing is selling out everywhere:

http://www.joystiq.c...n-still-get-it/

#60 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:10 AM

View PostAiddon Valentin, on 16 September 2012 - 02:21 PM, said:

Dear BUDDHA the thing is selling out everywhere:

http://www.joystiq.c...n-still-get-it/

Sounds like this has happened before. Let's hold back inventory so they are 'sold out' everywhere in hopes interest builds into a frenzy. Not falling for it.

This post has been edited by rondo: 17 September 2012 - 07:10 AM

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users