• This topic is locked

Hotel Room Blocks 2013

#31 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• MAPS Director & Art and Publications Manager
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5803

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

I'm not sure about the 21 plus check in, I know the embassy requires it because of the "Managers Special". The Aloft will be coming, but Im not sure if its in the next wave, or the one after

Art and Publications Manager
Convention Officer:Secretary 2008-2014
M.A.P.S. Director
Artist Alley DH 2007-2008

Live like there is no tomorrow, and dream like you'll live forever...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#32 User is offline   Genichiro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 61483

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

View PostInkwell09, on 07 December 2012 - 11:33 PM, said:

This is just a general question...but I'm hoping someone can help out...
I'm in a group with four other con-goers this year (all of us are between 18-19 years old), and we have yet to reserve the hotel.
Are there any hotels in the area where you do not need to be 21 to check in? (We're all coming from the same university, so we won't have parents or elder relatives accompanying us).
If anyone could help out, that will be wonderful ^_^/>

((and just as a precaution, we are trying to find a 21+ person who might be willing to come with us, just in case))

Your best bet is to call the hotel you wish to stay in and ask, explaining your situation to them.

#33 User is offline   Rinzle 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 62857

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:48 AM

Pokes above post XD

As i type this post sitting in the front office of a hotel 0.0 woooo night audit brings out the dead in people it is always best to call the hotel. I know online reservations are extremely convenient sometimes the information sometimes isn't available right away, a front desk clerk should always be able to bring up the info right away for you, and if they don't have an answer they will forward you to their manager. This philosophy works every time your staying at a hotel.

With that being said, was wondering if there is any word on more room blocks for Thursday night at the Hyatt?
ACen 2017 cosplays

Belldandy 0%completion -- Ah! My Goddess
Shy Violet a leaf on the wind % completion -- Rainbow Bright and the Color Kids (prom)

I can also be found on my facebook page

#34 User is offline   myrla 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60134

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

View PostPurplegodess, on 13 December 2012 - 09:17 AM, said:

I'm not sure about the 21 plus check in, I know the embassy requires it because of the "Managers Special". The Aloft will be coming, but Im not sure if its in the next wave, or the one after

Thank you. it is where I would prefer to stay as I try to use Starwood for all my points and my flight is already about $400 so anywhere I can save would be nice. If i called them, would they know anything about it yet?
ACen 2013: Panel denied. Not attending.

ACen 2012 Cosplay: Doctor Who: Tooth and Claw Rose (Friday) | Firefly: Inara (Saturday) | Lolita (Sunday)
Panelist: Final Fantasy MMORPG

ACen 2011 Cosplay:
Tooth and Claw Rose (Doctor Who) | Miwako (Paradise Kiss) | Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter)

#35 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• PipPipPip

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

No, they are not allowed to release dates or take pre info until its released by our hotel manager.

M.A.P.S. Director

#36 User is offline   myrla 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

View PostPurplegodess, on 15 December 2012 - 01:56 PM, said:

No, they are not allowed to release dates or take pre info until its released by our hotel manager.

If we get a room now, can we call and get it at the lower rate, or does it have to be that exact time when they're released?

ACen 2012 Cosplay: Doctor Who: Tooth and Claw Rose (Friday) | Firefly: Inara (Saturday) | Lolita (Sunday)

ACen 2011 Cosplay:
Tooth and Claw Rose (Doctor Who) | Miwako (Paradise Kiss) | Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter)

#37 User is offline   CherryLunar 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62774

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

View Postmyrla, on 15 December 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

If we get a room now, can we call and get it at the lower rate, or does it have to be that exact time when they're released?

I'd like to know this too. I just booked two King rooms last night in fear that the rooms would get booked up like the Embassy did. <_< If I could get two Queens instead at the con rate then that would be stellar.

#38 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• PipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

That would be up to the hotels discretion if they allow you to transfer blocks.

M.A.P.S. Director

#39 User is offline   myrla 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

Depending on what thing you entered for when you booked, many are "cancel with no problems until your day of stay". I'm going to go ahead and get a $139/night room right now in hopes that ACen will wake up and release the ALoft block soon.

ACen 2011 Cosplay:

#40 User is offline   Rinzle 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 62857

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:39 AM

I actually have a question because i know some hotels are different on this but when do they normally take out that first nights fee. i wanna make sure i'm allocating enough money in my budget to accommodate for this.
ACen 2017 cosplays

Belldandy 0%completion -- Ah! My Goddess
Shy Violet a leaf on the wind % completion -- Rainbow Bright and the Color Kids (prom)

I can also be found on my facebook page

#41 User is offline   amida10 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 37242

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

View PostRinzle, on 19 December 2012 - 03:39 AM, said:

I actually have a question because i know some hotels are different on this but when do they normally take out that first nights fee. i wanna make sure i'm allocating enough money in my budget to accommodate for this.

They usually tend to take the money out after you check in. i have been booking rooms at ACen for a while now and its never been taken out until after you check into the room.

#42 User is offline   amida10 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 37242

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

I was also wondering if ACen or doubletree will be opening up anymore room blocks for ACen or are they all full.

#43 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

View PostRinzle, on 19 December 2012 - 03:39 AM, said:

Hyatt is due to take it just about month before check in- not exactly sure the exact day. I can take a look at my reservation later and update this. ^_^
"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#44 User is offline   GazeGirl 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62708

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

View PostInkwell09, on 07 December 2012 - 11:33 PM, said:

This is just a general question...but I'm hoping someone can help out...
I'm in a group with four other con-goers this year (all of us are between 18-19 years old), and we have yet to reserve the hotel.
Are there any hotels in the area where you do not need to be 21 to check in? (We're all coming from the same university, so we won't have parents or elder relatives accompanying us).
If anyone could help out, that will be wonderful ^_^/>/>

((and just as a precaution, we are trying to find a 21+ person who might be willing to come with us, just in case))

I would help you out if you still need it i'm 22 and used to work in a hotel. Honestly it depends on the hotel and their rules they may ask if you at least have a shaparone its mainly for safety reasons.

This post has been edited by GazeGirl: 03 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

"AN ANTI WAR SONG" I will sing all together
Kono sekai ga egao de afureru hi made
"AN ANTI WAR SONG" Sound this world
Mou daremo kizutsuke awanai you ni
"AN ANTI WAR SONG" I will sing all together
Mi wo gisei ni shite oshiete kureta hitotachi no tame ni mo
"AN ANTI WAR SONG" Sound this world

#45 User is offline   Otaku16 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 1144

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

Hyatt is saying the room block is full can anyone confirm this?
ACen methuselah....

#46 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

View PostOtaku16, on 04 January 2013 - 11:27 PM, said:

Hyatt is saying the room block is full can anyone confirm this?

What room sizes did you ask for?
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, & 17
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

#47 User is offline   Otaku16 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 1144

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on 05 January 2013 - 05:21 PM, said:

What room sizes did you ask for?

any
ACen methuselah....

#48 User is offline   LhadyChloe 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 58924

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

We tried calling the hotels yesterday too, we could only get rooms in Crown. Help anyone?
NAIB COSPLAY CLUB 2014 ROSTER
FRIDAY - Dynasty Warriors l SATURDAY - Lightning Returns l SUNDAY - Naruto
SELLING MY MANGA COLLECTION
SITE: http://naib-cosplay.webs.com
2013 - Final Fantasy XIII, Fairy Tail, One Piece l 2012 - Bleach , DGrayman, InuYasha l 2011 - Final Fantasy XI, One Piece, Code Geass l 2010 - Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy X, Naruto
YouTube l Tumblr l Instagram l Facebook l Twitter

#49 User is offline   MagnusBlue 

• Venue Relations Chair
  • Pip
  • Group: Officer
  • Member No.: 58758

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

Hello everyone out there in the ether that is the ACen forums. Below is a break down of the hotels in the area that we currently have blocked.

Hyatt and Hilton - Sold out, save maybe a room or two on 1 maybe 2 nights. but nothing that would allow you to book a solid 3 nights or even 2 nights in a row.

Embassy and DoubleTree - Sold out

ComfortInn - Rooms are still available

Crown Plaza and Aloft - Recently open and still has room available

Intercontinental - Coming soon

Michael A Falco
Venue Relations Chair to the Finance Committee 2014-
Midwest Animation Promotion Society

Hotel & Convention Site Relations Officer (HCSR) 2011-2014
Convention Operations Department Head 2010-2011
Anime Central (ACen) 2009-2014

#50 User is offline   WatchJessieGo 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 63035

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

Booked at Aloft. I'm very happy about the shuttle they have there, as I won't have a car. If I'm not mistaken, they have a shuttle that will take you to the convention?
ACen 2016 cosplay:

Zombie apocalypse survivor Chibi Usa (Sailor Moon); fem!Honey (Ouran); Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou); alpaca kigurumi

#51 User is offline   myrla 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

View PostWatchJessieGo, on 19 January 2013 - 08:07 PM, said:

Booked at Aloft. I'm very happy about the shuttle they have there, as I won't have a car. If I'm not mistaken, they have a shuttle that will take you to the convention?

Yes, it runs every 15~30 minutes.

ACen 2011 Cosplay:

#52 User is offline   fooby 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59646

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

Or you can walk through the parking lot directly to the skybridge (from aloft, just walk strait north to the last "row" and then turn east). It takes me between 10-15 min to get from my room on the 2nd floor of Aloft to the 1st floor entrance lobby of the Hyatt.

Also just a quick note on the Aloft and booking by phone, there are some issues with their phone transfer system that can occur. If you call (847) 671-4444 and pressing whatever number for booking/reservations but never seem to connect, hit 0 to talk to the front desk and they can transfer your call. I spend 10 min waiting for an answer, called again and waited 5 min before my third try I asked for the front desk and was told it was a "known problem and are working on fixing it".

This post has been edited by fooby: 20 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

Zeeky Boogy Doog!

#53 User is offline   3Dx 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59970

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

View Postmyrla, on 20 January 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

Yes, it runs every 15~30 minutes.

[ Shuttle from Aloft ]

Glad to hear that.. got a Saturday at Aloft (by the time I knew I wanted a Saturday stay-over it was too late to add @ Hyatt..
Con pix and more at..
flickr.com/photos/z-space

#54 User is offline   Fudgi P0pZ 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9430

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

This is super late, and you guys don't probably even care now, but some of the hotels (specifically Comfort Inn O’Hare/Des Plaines) do require the first night's deposit prior to your stay. There cancellation policy is also a month in advance, so if you cancel after that deadline, you will forfeit your deposit.

As for the Aloft, any official word on if they are booked or not? Just called today and they said they were all sold out, but that they'd get back to me should something open up. I requested a single occupancy (King?) room for 2 nights. I'm not sure if that's what made the difference or not, but I'm curious to know just how available they are.

Also, are the parking rates at Aloft (or any hotel for that matter) specific to the ACen room block? For Aloft, I was told it was a different price, somewhat cheaper.

The Aloft has a shuttle?! That's awesome! Didn't know that and didn't think to ask, seeing how close it is to Stephens. That makes me very happy and I do hope I'll be able to stay there!
..::..2014 Cosplay Goals..::..
.: Aisha ClanClan:.

Keeping it light this year! :)

Thanks Neskaya for the lovely avatar.

#55 User is offline   myrla 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

According to the website and when I called just now, aloft is completely booked from something like the 14th-22nd or so. I called to cancel my room a couple? weeks ago and they weren't full then. I'd keep checking back in with them as people like myself do cancel from time to time and something might come up.

to be honest if you need parking see if the selection with the parking pass is available when a room pops up- it was almost the same price as the rate for the con + the parking fee itself.

This post has been edited by myrla: 19 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

ACen 2011 Cosplay:

#56 User is offline   Fudgi P0pZ 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9430

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

Thanks myrla! I did everything over the phone as I didn't want to run into any problems with getting the group rate. I'm still investigating getting a room at the con group rate, though, so I'm not sure if it's a matter of someone else canceling their reservation or what.

I didn't realize until after the phone booking, however, that some of the rates available on their site are around the same price as the con block. >_> I'll look for the package you mentioned. The lady who I had spoken with said that parking was $13 per day, not the $18 on the ACen website, so I was wondering if that was a mistake on her part or if the $18 was specifically for people in the room block.

If anything, I'd just like official word on the status of the room blocks so I know where to start searching next (for similarly priced options). :)/>

EDIT: I spoke with someone in the sales department at Aloft just now. She wasn't sure if it was just the type of room or if all of the rooms were sold out completely. There may be a chance they add more from inventory, so she said (for others interested in staying) to call the hotel and see if that status changes.

Also, apparently there are 8 more restaurants added to the skywalk and there is still going to be a shuttle to and from the convention like in the past. She says there's a lot more to do in Rosemont now. I have a feeling that cons like ACen helped influence this, lol.

This post has been edited by Fudgi P0pZ: 20 February 2013 - 08:16 AM

..::..2014 Cosplay Goals..::..
.: Aisha ClanClan:.

Keeping it light this year! :)

Thanks Neskaya for the lovely avatar.

#57 User is offline   Tim 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 63153

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

The block for InterContinental is open right now as far as I know cause I got a room at ACen rate which was $139 for two nights
Anime Central 2014
Me - Friday: Mordecai (Regular Show) and Tracey Sketchit (Pokemon)
Saturday: Deuce (if WWE Photoshoot is on Saturday) or Akatsuki Member
Sunday: Deuce (if WWE Photoshoot is on Sunday)

My Brother - Friday: Rigby (Regular Show)
Saturday: Domino (if WWE Photoshoot is on Saturday) or Zero (Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas)
Sunday: Domino (if WWE Photoshoot is on Sunday)

#58 User is offline   Tommy Fox 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60609

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

In my personal experience at the con, the only time you'll have trouble having more than four people in a room at a time is in two particular scenarios:

1) If you're being extraordinarily loud/annoying and someone's getting tired of it. Someone's bound to call you in if you're not being quiet about what you're doing, and you're being loud all night, someone's gonna call you in so they can sleep.

2) If you're rude. Especially concerning hotel staff/security. If you're cool with them, even if you have more than six people, you should be fine. Remember to tip housekeeping, and don't ever get on their asses about anything. Remain nice to everyone working at the hotel, and you shouldn't have any issues.

If you avoid those two particulars, you should be okay.

#59 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

With the April 1st reg period upcoming, could we get an update on the hotel situation? As in, what is still available and what is not. Thanks.

#60 User is offline   ravenfinch 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 61043

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:53 AM

well there areny any hotels but people are looking for roomates on ACen fourms roomate zone check it out God bless

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users