http://www.adultswim...nami/index.html

^ Says it all.

#2 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:58 PM

The internet is going to explode about this very shortly.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#3 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:32 PM

I'm going to feel 15 again. D:

#4 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:47 PM

I wonder how long it will last. I kinda worry it's a "YAY IT'S BACK!" but then will turn into "Meh, back to Dr. Who" in a month or so...
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#5 User is offline   Jang Hee Joon 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 5162

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

Well, given that the April Fool's surprise got everyone peeing their pants.. This might work. And it's marketed for the older crowd, too, so I'm all for it.

#6 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 5880

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:04 PM

HO. LY. CRAP. About time! Here's to seeing TOM and the gang again.

This post has been edited by Aiddon Valentin: 16 May 2012 - 05:13 PM

Kuchiki Byakuya: Ohayocon '06
Kuchiki Byakuya: ACen '06
Rose: Ohayocon '07
Part of Shinigami Squad '06

#7 User is offline   Jeff 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 29995

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

I saw the thread, and my brain said "it cannot possibly be Toonami". Loe and fricken behold.
Love, Peace, & Video Games

#8 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:22 PM

I said this in the other thread but HOLLLLLLAH GOING TO RECORD EVERYTHING SO EXCITED SO HAPPY! Now all they need to do is bring old Adult Swim back and we'll be super golden. :3
ACen 2017 Cosplay
Major Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell SAC 2nd GIG or ARISE variant]
General Esdeath (Akame Ga Kill!)
RIP Origa <3

#9 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:26 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 16 May 2012 - 05:22 PM, said:

I said this in the other thread but HOLLLLLLAH GOING TO RECORD EVERYTHING SO EXCITED SO HAPPY! Now all they need to do is bring old Adult Swim back and we'll be super golden. :3

Like in G Gundam! It's a golden man!
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2017 and progress made

Greg Universe (5% complete)

#10 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:15 PM

Now I'll have a reason to watch Adult Swim besides King of the Hill and occasionally Tim and Erik's Awesome Show Great Job.
Here comes my childhood.STOKED.

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#11 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:27 PM

Now if they got rid of all live action originals not called "Tim and Eric"/ (Steve Brule can go though, sorry he doesn't work on his own), make more shows like the old days of Brak, Space Ghost, and Sealab, I might be the Adult Swim fanatic I once was when Adult Swim launched!

Oh two non-anime shows I'd like on Toonami: the returns of Samurai Jack and Megas XLR!!!
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#12 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:29 PM

Dude...Samurai Jack. I'd love to see that again.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#13 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:40 PM

View PostSTVO, on 16 May 2012 - 07:27 PM, said:

Now if they got rid of all live action originals not called "Tim and Eric"/ (Steve Brule can go though, sorry he doesn't work on his own), make more shows like the old days of Brak, Space Ghost, and Sealab, I might be the Adult Swim fanatic I once was when Adult Swim launched!

Oh two non-anime shows I'd like on Toonami: the returns of Samurai Jack and Megas XLR!!!

For me it's Dexter and Courage the cowardly dog I wouldn't mind seeing returning, along with Samurai Jack.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#14 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:46 PM

Before I continue with repsonses, I would like to add my two cents from the thread I accidentally made without seeing this one:

"Hoping for a mix of new and old anime, uncut (or whatever AS allows), and it starts at 8 PM central. Game reviews and Steve Blum welcomed!"

Returning to this topic... NOW!

I have the first two seasons of Samurai Jack on DVD, but I totally want to watch more. Plus I try not to buy DVDs as much as I did in high school early college because I feel I just have too much and am not really going to rewatch all, lol. But yeah those two shows and I know Batman and Batman Beyond are on the Hub now so I don't think CN can air those at the moment, but if they want to cycle in any Justice League, that'd be cool. But I'd say keep it primarily anime. :)

"For me it's Dexter and Courage the cowardly dog I wouldn't mind seeing returning, along with Samurai Jack. "

Maybe I'm being a little anal, but as much as I loved both shows you mentioned, those aren't really action shows. Maybe they could do a nostalgia block on Friday nights of Cartoon Cartoons and old Adult Swim shows like Space Ghost, Brak, and others? I thought they have or are doing it? I don't really know because I don't watch Adult Swim as much anymore.

This post has been edited by STVO: 16 May 2012 - 07:58 PM

1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#15 User is offline   BreBre716 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59491

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:06 PM

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO HOLD ALL THESE FEELS
ACen 2016 COSPLAY

Minako Arisato/FemMC : Persona 3

Misato Katusragi: Neon Genesis Evangelion
Tidus : Final Fantasy X
Chara : Undertale
Little sister : Boruto Sasuke : Naruto and Frisk : Undertale
Little Cousin : Unconfirmed Pony : My Little Pony Friendship is Magic

#16 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:04 PM

Boo Yah

#17 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:05 AM

I can die happy again <3

I'm just worried they're going to give us a bunch of crap with the Toonami label slapped on it.

Personally I'd love a mix of some old favorites (Gundam, Sailor Moon, YuYu, Ruroni, Inuyasha...so many they could pick from...) with some of the new anime starting to get popular. (Maybe if they aired on tv I'd be more interested in watching Black Butler or Madoka, etc). Am I the only one who'd be in favor of Rave Master and Zatch Bell returning? xD (Rave>Zatch any day though)
ACen 2017 Plans
Maki Nishikino (Little Devil) [Love Live! School Idol Project] 90%
Maki Nishikino (Sunny Day Song) [Love Live! School Idol Project] 90%
Rider [Fate/Stay Night] 0%
Zen (Spicy Jalapeno) [Mystic Messenger] 100%
Christophe Giacometti (Rapsodie Espagnole) [Yuri!!! on Ice] 10%

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takahashi Cosplay

#18 User is offline   BreBre716 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:20 AM

View PostWashu Takahashi, on 17 May 2012 - 08:05 AM, said:

I can die happy again <3

I'm just worried they're going to give us a bunch of crap with the Toonami label slapped on it.

Personally I'd love a mix of some old favorites (Gundam, Sailor Moon, YuYu, Ruroni, Inuyasha...so many they could pick from...) with some of the new anime starting to get popular. (Maybe if they aired on tv I'd be more interested in watching Black Butler or Madoka, etc). Am I the only one who'd be in favor of Rave Master and Zatch Bell returning? xD (Rave>Zatch any day though)

hrrrrrrrrrrnngh! I would be so happy if they brought back Rave Master!, Kenshin, Samurai Jack , Justice League, Batman Beyond, Sailor Moon, DBZ, DB, YuYu hakusho , Zatch Bell, IGPX, Megas XLR. Gundam Wing, Hell if they just gave us the old line ups I would be happy! But Rave Master is a must! i never got to s it all the way through and I loved it so much!
ACen 2016 COSPLAY

#19 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:29 AM

There are plenty of old shows I'd like to see but licensing nonsense means we will probably be picking from the Bandai/Funimation catalog mostly, with a smattering of what Viz still is licensed for and well as CN's own properties.

Sailor Moon is not possible at this time.

This post has been edited by rondo: 17 May 2012 - 08:31 AM

#20 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:34 AM

View PostWashu Takahashi, on 17 May 2012 - 08:05 AM, said:

Am I the only one who'd be in favor of Rave Master and Zatch Bell returning? xD (Rave>Zatch any day though)

Sorry, I think those two, Pilot Candidate, Reign the Conqueror, and Duel Masters can stay in the vault along with Miguzi and CN Real. :D

I'm not going to write a full schedule but here's my ideal list of initial shows:
* Tenchi Muyo (Pick any series)
* One Piece
* Bleach
* Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood (In other words, keep the anime that still have new episodes playing on Adult Swim/Toonami)
* Samurai Jack
* Megas XLR
* Voltron (5 AM slot)
* Big O (I know they play it a lot Saturdays still, but just keep it. :D)

If they can get some of their other shows like Yu Yu Hakusho (own the full series though), Outlaw Star (same), and other classics, that'd be great too. Kind of sucks that it's only one night a week. If only we all had Nielsen Ratings boxes, then we could help Toonami get 5-7 nights a week. :D

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#21 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:42 AM

View PostSTVO, on 17 May 2012 - 08:34 AM, said:

Sorry, I think those two, Pilot Candidate, Reign the Conqueror, and Duel Masters can stay in the vault along with Miguzi and CN Real. :D

I'm not going to write a full schedule but here's my ideal list of initial shows:
* One Piece
* Bleach
* Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood (In other words, keep the anime that still have new episodes playing on Adult Swim/Toonami)
* Samurai Jack
* Megas XLR
* Voltron (5 AM slot)

If they can get some of their other shows like Yu Yu Hakusho (own the full series though), Outlaw Star (same), and other classics, that'd be great too. Kind of sucks that it's only one night a week. If only we all had Nielsen Ratings boxes, then we could help Toonami get 5-7 nights a week. :D

As I sit here and think about it, Toonami may wind up being nothing more than window dressing for the anime night. What I am wondering is if they eek out the block to pick up any of the earlier time slots (9pm, 10pm, 11pm). Earlier time slots will likely have CN properties up front (Samurai Jack, Justice League, perhaps Teen Titans). Bleach is a lock and FMA/Cowboy Bebop are likely as well. I'd say the other shows are probably up for grabs.

What I would like to see slotted in? One Piece could easily anchor an earlier slot in the block. Also, there is plenty of Gundam that could occupy 30m to an hour of time. YuYu should nail down a 30m window as well.

Because of who they are with, I don't see Kenshin as an option.

E:grammar

This post has been edited by rondo: 17 May 2012 - 08:45 AM

#22 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:59 AM

View PostSTVO, on 17 May 2012 - 08:34 AM, said:

* One Piece
* Bleach
* Samurai Jack
* Megas XLR
* Voltron (5 AM slot)

I agree with the others you say should stay in the vault haha. Personally I don't want Samurai Jack, Megas XLR, or Voltron. Samurai Jack I just hated the art sytle...I watched a lot of it anyways though, since it was in the middle of other shows I liked. Megas and Voltron I just didn't care for. I never got into Big O either, but maybe if I actually had a chance to watch it from episode 1 I'd like it better. I'd love to see Tenchi Muyo, seeing as the first part of my cosplay name is from there, and I haven't actually seen like any of it xD (bff a long time ago LOVED the show and decided she was Ryoko and I was Washu since I was the smarter one) I don't really want them to bring One Piece back...at least not from episode 1. I like the series, but watching it all over again would be torture. Starting back around where they left off, or maybe the arc before that to jog everyone's memories, would be best in my opinion.

I wonder if Vandread would be a possibility? I love that series, seen it like 3 times through. It'd be a nice break of all the Gundam (not that I don't like Gundam!), but still has a similar feel.

Trying to think of new anime that would fit in well but nothing really comes to mind...then again, I haven't been keeping up with new stuff recently, so I don't even know what's out there. Soul Eater isn't that new anymore, but it has a huge following and I haven't seen it yet and would like to. Or Gurren Lagann maybe, haven't gotten around to that either.
ACen 2017 Plans
Maki Nishikino (Little Devil) [Love Live! School Idol Project] 90%
Maki Nishikino (Sunny Day Song) [Love Live! School Idol Project] 90%
Rider [Fate/Stay Night] 0%
Zen (Spicy Jalapeno) [Mystic Messenger] 100%
Christophe Giacometti (Rapsodie Espagnole) [Yuri!!! on Ice] 10%

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takahashi Cosplay

#23 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59429

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:24 AM

View PostKii, on 16 May 2012 - 07:15 PM, said:

Now I'll have a reason to watch Adult Swim besides King of the Hill and occasionally Tim and Erik's Awesome Show Great Job.
Here comes my childhood.STOKED.

My thoughts exactly.
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#24 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:38 AM

View PostWashu Takahashi, on 17 May 2012 - 09:59 AM, said:

I agree with the others you say should stay in the vault haha. Personally I don't want Samurai Jack, Megas XLR, or Voltron. Samurai Jack I just hated the art sytle...I watched a lot of it anyways though, since it was in the middle of other shows I liked. Megas and Voltron I just didn't care for. I never got into Big O either, but maybe if I actually had a chance to watch it from episode 1 I'd like it better. I'd love to see Tenchi Muyo, seeing as the first part of my cosplay name is from there, and I haven't actually seen like any of it xD (bff a long time ago LOVED the show and decided she was Ryoko and I was Washu since I was the smarter one) I don't really want them to bring One Piece back...at least not from episode 1. I like the series, but watching it all over again would be torture. Starting back around where they left off, or maybe the arc before that to jog everyone's memories, would be best in my opinion.

I wonder if Vandread would be a possibility? I love that series, seen it like 3 times through. It'd be a nice break of all the Gundam (not that I don't like Gundam!), but still has a similar feel.

Trying to think of new anime that would fit in well but nothing really comes to mind...then again, I haven't been keeping up with new stuff recently, so I don't even know what's out there. Soul Eater isn't that new anymore, but it has a huge following and I haven't seen it yet and would like to. Or Gurren Lagann maybe, haven't gotten around to that either.

They should bring in the Funi One Piece among others. I view this as an opportunity for Funi/bandai/viz to get some of their other properties some exposure. I want this for myself but also everyone else as well, espescially those new to the genre.

#25 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:32 PM

Posted Image
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

#26 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

Wouldn't it be funny if instead of bringing back all of our old favorites they brought back like...SWAT Kats and SD Gundam?

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#27 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:25 PM

View PostKii, on 17 May 2012 - 02:34 PM, said:

Wouldn't it be funny if instead of bringing back all of our old favorites they brought back like...SWAT Kats and SD Gundam?

I know some people who still loves SWAT Kats.

Start the first night with the normal Bleach, then go all Hamtaro. I mean, who doesn't wanna go hangin' wit da ham-hams.

#28 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:56 PM

http://www.adultswim...dule/onair.html
http://www.geekosyst...toonami-may-26/

I don't think they have updated to reflect "Toonami" yet, but here's what's currently listed by the Official Adult Swim Website and what Geekosystem claimed was on TV Guide's current listings. Hopefully that isn't final. I'm actually about to make a Toonami Schedule on my website in just a few minutes. I'll post what I come up with here. :) I really hope they utilize the full AS Saturday schedule but I could see them just starting when anime regularly starts and just calling it "Toonami" like rondo mentioned as a popular speculation. Personally, while I'm fine with them cycling current AS titles that are in reruns (Big O and Cowboy Bebop) they should rotate them out when Toonami officially re-launches.

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#29 User is offline   BreBre716 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:01 AM

View PostSTVO, on 17 May 2012 - 11:56 PM, said:

http://www.adultswim...dule/onair.html
http://www.geekosyst...toonami-may-26/

I don't think they have updated to reflect "Toonami" yet, but here's what's currently listed by the Official Adult Swim Website and what Geekosystem claimed was on TV Guide's current listings. Hopefully that isn't final. I'm actually about to make a Toonami Schedule on my website in just a few minutes. I'll post what I come up with here. :) I really hope they utilize the full AS Saturday schedule but I could see them just starting when anime regularly starts and just calling it "Toonami" like rondo mentioned as a popular speculation. Personally, while I'm fine with them cycling current AS titles that are in reruns (Big O and Cowboy Bebop) they should rotate them out when Toonami officially re-launches.

If this really is the legit Schedule then Adult Swim had done what I had hoped they wouldn't do to it. Normal line up and just slap the Toonami name on it ....

*le sigh*
ACen 2016 COSPLAY

#30 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:27 AM

Can't say that I am surprised. It may wind up only being a little dressing for Saturday night and that's it.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users