Anime Central Forums: When abouts do prereg and hotel blocks open up? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

When abouts do prereg and hotel blocks open up?

#1 User is offline   ozone_00 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 4030

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:50 PM

I haven't attended Acen since 2010, and even then I dragged my feet deciding if I was going, so I didn't prereg until late March and had to scrape together the money and barely had enough. Also the closest hotel we could get was the Aloft, which was too far for my wife (who has messed up ankles) to walk. So the little lady and I have decided that we ARE going next year and we want to prereg and reserve our room as soon as possible so we don't run into the same problems as last time.

This post has been edited by ozone_00: 10 May 2012 - 03:15 PM

Member of the Shy Otaku Syndicate

#2 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:21 PM

Just quoteing what Sisterdiscord said in her thread about Acen 2013.

View Postsisterdiscord, on 03 May 2012 - 08:13 AM, said:

ACen's 2013 dates are May 17-19, 2013. Pack your bags!

Hotel blocks traditionally open close to when Reg opens for the year, which will be a few months from now. Hope to see you at the show!

I don't think an exact date is figured yet but I'm going to keep my eyes open for when they are. So should you, watch the forums and also watch the main site, they usually announce when prereg and everthing else is open.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#3 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:25 PM

this year it was August when hotel blocks opened up, but usually it is September/October. Hyatt is first, then all the others like Hilton, Double Tree and others fill up and have their blocks after.
ACen 2017 Cosplay
Friday: General Esdeath (Akame Ga Kill!) (98% d/t touch ups and re-doing sword)
Saturday: Major Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell ARISE variant] (100%)
RIP Origa <3

COME SEE MY PANELS!!!

"Let's Form a Stand Alone Complex!"
"My Ghost Whispers, Therefore I am"

#4 User is offline   myrla 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60134

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:46 PM

View Postozone_00, on 10 May 2012 - 02:50 PM, said:

I haven't attended Acen since 2010, and even then I dragged my feet deciding if I was going, so I didn't prereg until late March and had to scrape together the money and barely had enough. Also the closest hotel we could get was the Aloft, which was too far for my wife (who has messed up ankles) to walk. So the little lady and I have decided that we ARE going next year and we want to prereg and reserve our room as soon as possible so we don't run into the same problems as last time.

JUST so you know, Aloft ran shuttles every 30 minutes back and forth to the con center. (I was on crutches, so I feel the walking).
ACen 2013: Panel denied. Not attending.

ACen 2012 Cosplay: Doctor Who: Tooth and Claw Rose (Friday) | Firefly: Inara (Saturday) | Lolita (Sunday)
Panelist: Final Fantasy MMORPG

ACen 2011 Cosplay:
Tooth and Claw Rose (Doctor Who) | Miwako (Paradise Kiss) | Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter)
Panelist: Final Fantasy MMORPG

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users