• This topic is locked

Hyatt Parking Issue

#1 User is offline   SpicyNinjaCat 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 10841

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:28 PM

I looked around the appropriate forums and surprised I didn't see anyone bring this up: What was up with the parking at the Hyatt this year?

They had to verify your name on the list first before you could come in AND they limited it to one car per room. A lot of people I knew said they didn't like it and that it was a huge problem for people who are all out of town coming to meet up. Not only that, but there was no warning for this at all and I know for some people it caused a lot more issues. I had a room at the hotel but they couldn't find my name.

And someone else I know happened to carpool everyone in one car and paid for the whole weekend with in and out privileges. But when they went to get lunch and come back an hour later, the hotel wouldn't let them back in because the whole lot was full. It was basically false pretense to buy a parking pass just to come back and be denied access.

Does anyone know if there will be a better way to handle this next year?
I was in the parking lot from the false fire alarm in '12.
I overcame the ACen rapture in '11.
I survived the ACen fire in '10.
I dodged the H1N1 outbreak in '09.
I was denied ice cream at the ACen 10th Anniversary ice cream social in '07.

#2 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:49 PM

I was surprised about the parking guest list, but I knew from last year that you do not leave the lot if you have a spot. I was warned last year by the lot attendant that if we left for dinner we might not be able to find a spot, so even with in/out privileges I dared not drive anywhere Thurs-Sat night.

I think they actually handled it the best they could. Guests of the hotel should have priority when it comes to being able to park at the hotel parking garage. The convention center parking garage is cheaper anyways, and right across the street. I was kind of pissed at the "discounted" parking rate being what it was, but we chose to park there to make things easier for unloading/loading to and from the convention center in the Artists Alley.
Attending since 2005 • Artist Alley 2011-2016
Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#3 User is offline   chompzie 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 19314

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:52 PM

That's why my group always gets valet... more expensive, but to us it's worth it not to have the hassle of wondering whether or not we'll be able to park when we come back. :(
I love guinea pigs and cats and Sgt. Frog.

#4 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:28 AM

Only issue we had was a problem with the entry ticket on Saturday night. Didn't have to be checked on a checklist (we get there earlier than most though) and we did in/out practically each day and had no trouble with spots.

Friday and Saturday will be nuts at the Hyatt parking garage. Typically is with the increased con attendance. The earlier you can get to the hyatt to check in, and park it for the weekend if you are worried about parking spot availability, the better.

#5 User is offline   myrla 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60134

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:39 AM

The Hyatt has to protect for all guests, not just con. Oftentimes in a "normal" situation there aren't going to be 4+ cars a room.
ACen 2013: Panel denied. Not attending.

ACen 2012 Cosplay: Doctor Who: Tooth and Claw Rose (Friday) | Firefly: Inara (Saturday) | Lolita (Sunday)
Panelist: Final Fantasy MMORPG

ACen 2011 Cosplay:
Tooth and Claw Rose (Doctor Who) | Miwako (Paradise Kiss) | Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter)
Panelist: Final Fantasy MMORPG

#6 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:32 PM

For the last couple of years I haven't had any problems. The reason behind the checklist is to ensure guests get a spot.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2014,2016
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ. No winner for the 2015 Hellfire challenge.

#7 User is offline   Maze 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 6570

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

Yea, I noticed the list myself when I got there on Thursday around Noon. They couldn't find my name on the list even though I'm certain it was there as I did have a room reserved at the Hyatt under my name. They were nice about it though and let me in anyway. I blame the oddball spelling of my last name. :P

And of course, you don't dare leave once you are parked until Sunday. I always make sure I hit up Mitsuwa before I go to the hotel. ^_^

This post has been edited by Maze: 08 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users