2013 Dates

#31 User is offline   Genichiro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 61483

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:41 AM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 06 May 2012 - 09:47 AM, said:

So excited it's in May again! No finals, no school no nothing!!!! ^_^ And extra time to get prepared. I hope to do a panel this year so I'm so excited!!!! ^_^ And May usually has a tiny bit kinda more predictable weather than April ;3.

Yes, warmer weather is much better for outdoor photoshoots than chilly, windy weather.

#32 User is offline   sisterdiscord 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 1559

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:54 PM

View PostMistress of Ecclectia, on 05 May 2012 - 02:12 PM, said:

When you reserve a hotel a year ahead, how soon is your credit or debit card charged for it?

Credit Cards will be charged in early May of next year, just before con according to the contract I was just looking thru. The block will open in a few months, and we'll announce the date in the forums and on the mailing list..so keep watching.
This is my signature. It is only one line.

#33 User is offline   sisterdiscord 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:10 PM

I just managed to get the last of my laundry from con done. Now it's time to start again!

#34 User is offline   Unka Josh 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 13162

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:36 AM

Goodness, Rosa, you're practically keeping hours like I do!

On-topic: I'm glad for the later date, as it gives me more time to get things rolling with the department we absorbed, and make them awesome.
There is a slight flaw in my character.

#35 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 4043

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:37 AM

Yes - it's like Daylight Savings ... we all lost a month of prep but now we're like a month ahead. ^_^
Let's not make it an annual thing though... :P
2013 will be my 11th year at ACen! Staff for '09/'10/'11/'12/'13
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.
Visit the blog for latest news and contests! Disjointed Images Blog
100% guarantee on buttons. If it breaks, come see me for a FREE replacement.

#36 User is offline   sisterdiscord 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:47 PM

I can say with reasonable confidence that there shouldn't be any issues until...at least 2017. :)

#37 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

Given the extra time does that mean that panels next year will know earlier if they are chosen or not?
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#38 User is offline   MasterHavik 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61571

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

Who makes the dates? You guys know how to get ready for next year fast. I bet a lot of college people since most, if not, all of them get out on the 11th of May. But do you think you should move it back to June?(like 18th-20th) Why? Well, I think you'll get a lot more high school to show up. I mean I did see high school kids, but around that in May. they are still doing work and had to make sure no to fall behind. I was lucky last year when I junior. I got all my work done and was ahead of the kids. But not everyone is me.
Ummm....I'm going to take you to court!

#39 User is offline   obakasan 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 2555

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:33 PM

View Postsisterdiscord, on 09 May 2012 - 12:47 PM, said:

I can say with reasonable confidence that there shouldn't be any issues until...at least 2017. :)

Will be waiting for my new Mayan calendar to arrive since the old one runs out this year(probably via truck if it's on stone again) and check for holidays and other interfering events that could cause problems.

Danged apocalypses and end of the world things getting in the way...

<sigh>
:thumbdown:
This space intentionally left blank.

#40 User is offline   Closet Gaara 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61090

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:12 AM

Can't wait!! See you guys next year. :3
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Eridan Ampora: 25% completion

ACen 2009: Sabaku no Gaara, Sakura Haruno (Naruto)
ACen 2010: Haruhi Fujioka (Ouran High School Host Club), Sabaku no Gaara (Naruto), School Girl
ACen 2011: Kurama (Kamisama Kiss), Catgirl, Sabaku no Gaara (Naruto)
ACen 2012: Sabaku no Gaara (Naruto)

#41 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:35 AM

View Postmyrla, on 06 May 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

May 19th is mine. That might be the ONLY reason to come back to ACen next year, to celebrate it with friends in the area.

May 18th

.......Taurus together? ._.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#42 User is offline   myrla 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60134

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:57 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 29 May 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

May 18th

.......Taurus together? ._.

<3?

maybe a late birthday cupcake between 1130pm and 1230 am the 18/19th.
ACen 2013: Panel denied. Not attending.

ACen 2012 Cosplay: Doctor Who: Tooth and Claw Rose (Friday) | Firefly: Inara (Saturday) | Lolita (Sunday)
Panelist: Final Fantasy MMORPG

ACen 2011 Cosplay:
Tooth and Claw Rose (Doctor Who) | Miwako (Paradise Kiss) | Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter)
Panelist: Final Fantasy MMORPG

#43 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:49 PM

View Postmyrla, on 29 May 2012 - 10:57 AM, said:

<3?

maybe a late birthday cupcake between 1130pm and 1230 am the 18/19th.

I can probably do that and buy random gifts from toranoana for the people's birthdays who fall into this dateline (not AFTER but during the con.) Like keychains or phone straps (those things are rare on that website!)

I thought about an ice cream cake but then I was like "How can I keep that in the mini fridge?"

Which means that if I go that route I have to room up at the Embassy, again. (Because a cooler won't save a cake at the Hyatt/double tree.)
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#44 User is offline   sisterdiscord 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:00 PM

View PostMasterHavik, on 13 May 2012 - 07:34 PM, said:

Who makes the dates? You guys know how to get ready for next year fast. I bet a lot of college people since most, if not, all of them get out on the 11th of May. But do you think you should move it back to June?(like 18th-20th) Why? Well, I think you'll get a lot more high school to show up. I mean I did see high school kids, but around that in May. they are still doing work and had to make sure no to fall behind. I was lucky last year when I junior. I got all my work done and was ahead of the kids. But not everyone is me.

Sorry, I missed that you posted a question or I'd have responded a while ago!!
We try to avoid June because there are other established shows that fall in June which we'd encroach on if we moved the dates. It's a juggling act annually, missing holidays, Golden Week, the other comparably sized cons, and the dates our venue is already booked for other things. It's about being a good citizen of the anime calendar, not stepping on others' usual dates, and warning well in advance if our dates have to be somewhere they usually don't fall. (When we found out about the April dates, we published it to Animecons.com and the con runners mailing list two years plus in advance, to avoid problems.

#45 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:14 PM

Woo! dates that I might actually be able to make!
Guess that means I start posting here again to get back into the con spirit!
A-Cen 2016: Friday Early: Hikaru Friday Late: Nightmare Moon Saturday: Wonder Woman Sunday: Hell Girl

A-cen 2015: Sailor Luna (PGSM) //// Fish Mooney //// Anthy //// Fluttershy (MLP:FIM)
A-cen 2014: Angewomon (Digimon) //// Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) //// Hikaru (Angelic Layer)
A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#46 User is offline   AngelZamaki 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62504

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:33 PM

The first day is supose to be the day after I graduate XD So I'm not gunna be getting any sleep that night. I'll be driving 8 hours just to get there with my freind XD It's gunna be super amazing. <3 Im already planing. I started planing the last day of con this year XD <3 I cant wait. I hope i can save up enough money to go. It'll be the best Graduation Gift ever Haha
Grrr
I vicious
Rawr
I Bite

#47 User is offline   wolfedragon 

• Registration DH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 21692

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:34 PM

View PostAngelZamaki, on 29 June 2012 - 02:33 PM, said:

The first day is supose to be the day after I graduate XD So I'm not gunna be getting any sleep that night. I'll be driving 8 hours just to get there with my freind XD It's gunna be super amazing. <3 Im already planing. I started planing the last day of con this year XD <3 I cant wait. I hope i can save up enough money to go. It'll be the best Graduation Gift ever Haha

I'm actually graduating the Sunday of con so I'll be working Thursday (if not earlier in the week), Friday and Saturday, possibly Sunday morning, driving down to school, graduating and then attempting to hurry back to help pack up! :)
Questions about Registration? Email us at registration@ACen.org

Attendee 2008-2009
Registration Staff 2010
Assistant Department Head of Registration 2011-2014
Department Head of Registration 2015, 2016

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"

#48 User is offline   AngelZamaki 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62504

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:49 PM

View Postwolfedragon, on 29 June 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

I'm actually graduating the Sunday of con so I'll be working Thursday (if not earlier in the week), Friday and Saturday, possibly Sunday morning, driving down to school, graduating and then attempting to hurry back to help pack up! :)

Im graduating highschool XD Maybe ill have graduation money to spend lol. Im gunna be so tired tho. graduation got over this year around 9 =_= Haha Ima be driving all night then Ill have to figure out what to do about the hotel. Im not gunna book an extra night for no reason. Haha XP
Grrr
I vicious
Rawr
I Bite

#49 User is offline   MasterHavik 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61571

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:22 AM

I'll be there as always. I'll buy my badge when online reg opens.
Ummm....I'm going to take you to court!

#50 User is offline   Kimikopop 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62130

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:44 PM

All I can say... is,

Im stalking the ACen page every day, WAITING for those badges to go on sale
(is a depressing soul she is)

I'm very excited for 2013 because this year Ill have everything planned<3
and Im dragging along some people.. LOL so this year should be very exciting. c:<
2013 ACen Cosplays!
1: Kuroshitsuji: Ciel Phantomhive - Pit W/ wings
Total Progress - 92%

2: League of Legends: Annie
Total Progress - 25%

#51 User is offline   aprilxeternal 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59472

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:03 PM

I'm so prepared this year. The day those badges go on sale, or my first paycheck after XD I'm so buying mine. I always last minute buy. NOT THIS YEAR!! MUHAHAHA. Also. I should hopefully get a hotel on time this year instead of last minute planning stuff where I stress about where I'm staying. :)

#52 User is offline   sakurathekeyblademaster 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59128

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:35 PM

I still haven't unpacked all my cosplay yet. Too lazy. But I'm also gonna be stalking the ACen pages on here to see when the badges are coming in and the latest feeds. I'm totally excited about next year that I just want this year to hurry the heck up!DX
Hopefully, I can book a room at Mariott on time instead of the last minute and stress myself and my friends outXD
2013 Expected Cosplays

KillerBee Naruto Shippuuden
Seras Hellsing
Aqua Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
Chouji Akamichi Naruto Shippuuden
Santa Finland Hetalia

#53 User is offline   Wolfpost 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62564

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:39 PM

View Postemileighmorgan, on 07 May 2012 - 07:26 PM, said:

Is it bad that i have yet to unpack from last con?
Can't wait for next year.

it's not a crime at all, I'm still wearing my badge from last year and the year before that! i don't know why anyone would just rush home after a con so they could get it over with. That's just crazy unless your friend doesn't like anime.... :D Happy Sweet sixteen
Having fun isn't a crime, and always go for what you think is right, which is also the same for what I think is right

#54 User is offline   CupcakeChaos13 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 62603

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:25 PM

ACen 2012 was my first time going...and i CAN NOT wait for ACen 2013! it was very last minute that i decided to go but it was so worth it! this time i will be much better prepared ;)
ACen 2015 Cosplay:
Stocking
(maybe) Sailor Moon

#55 User is offline   Genichiro 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:23 PM

View PostCupcakeChaos13, on 09 August 2012 - 12:25 PM, said:

ACen 2012 was my first time going...and i CAN NOT wait for ACen 2013! it was very last minute that i decided to go but it was so worth it! this time i will be much better prepared ;)

2012 was my first, too! Can't wait for next May!

#56 User is offline   CupcakeChaos13 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 62603

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:06 AM

View PostGenichiro, on 09 August 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

2012 was my first, too! Can't wait for next May!

What was your favorite part of the con for your first time? I really liked the panels because my knowledge of anime isn't very deep...and it really helped me learn about all the amazing anime out there!

I also like how it's in may since my birthday is may 2nd and what a better way to celebrate!
I even downloaded this app called final countdown and it's on my home screen counting down for ACen!

This post has been edited by CupcakeChaos13: 11 August 2012 - 10:11 AM

ACen 2015 Cosplay:
Stocking
(maybe) Sailor Moon

#57 User is offline   Genichiro 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:42 PM

Well, funny story. I spent most of the con hanging out with friends. I think I went to all of one panel, and that was it. XD

The best part of the con for me was just chilling and making new friends.

#58 User is offline   blackcat18 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 16853

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

i've been at work 5 days a week for the last few weeks so i might as well pack now XD wont be getting many more free days between now and ACen anyway lol
If anyone has pics of the "crochet" leafeon please let me know! I can't seem to find any of the shots online T_T

#59 User is offline   Sir Gibby 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 26318

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

I can't waits!
My life is watching anime, playing video games, and eating Taco Bell with reckless abandonment with my lady!

My cosplays: Raccoon City Police Officer, S.T.A.R.S. officer, Chris Redfield, Dr. Ray Stantz, 10th Doctor, 11th Doctor

Check out My Amazon Kindle Stories, My Writing Blog, and my comic book series

#60 User is offline   ravenfinch 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 61043

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

oh ACen will be fun.i unpacked butto be fair i didnt have much to unpack and yaaa warm weatherrrr thank God

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users