Anime Central Forums: Any tips for how to keep a long wig looking awesome? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Any tips for how to keep a long wig looking awesome?

#1 User is offline   Caikirai 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59376

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

I just combed out my wig. It's like waist long.....
And I was thinking.
It tangles SOOO EASYYYY.

How does one keep it looking so awesome while at the con? :c

#2 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:20 PM

Detangle spray is your friend.

What you do is wash it and let it dry, then use detangle spray and your fingers to get out the knots. Do not use a comb or a brush or that makes it worse. You don't need to use wig shampoo; baby shampoo works just as well.

If you're at the con try to use the spray/finger method in your room. Sadly there is no quick fix to get out the tangles/mess while you are walking around in your cosplay.

Hope this helps you out.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#3 User is offline   Siren_N0el 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 22787

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:07 PM

I flatten long wigs in heavy duty books (text books) Once I brush the wig out properly, I carefully lay the length of the wig in book(s) to keep it flat and not able to tangle or stray. It is weird, but it works for me!
poopies.

#4 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19299

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:55 AM

I usually wash or don't wash the wigs but you can use a brush if you needed to cause I see no way getting the tangles out with your fingers. Just make sure the brush is metal to reduce friction. Brush it like you would your hair so hold it above the knot so your not ripping it out of your wig cap thing that holds the hair that hold the wig on your head that I forgot what the name of it is.
ACen 17"
Sombra, From Overwatch
Tohru, From Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid

*~Proud Supporter of the GBLT Community.~*

#5 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:09 PM

When it isn't in use, keep it braided. If you need to untangle it, even using Suave's kids' detangler works.

#6 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:28 PM

I kept a brush in my bag and every time I wasn't doing something or was just waiting in line I brushed it out :) I just use a normal brush, the same I use for my real hair. I don't see the point of spending money on a specialized wig brush when normal ones seem to work. But yeah, keep a brush with you and brush it out every so often.
ACen 2017 Plans
Thursday: Maki Nishikino (Swimsuit, Circus) [Love Live! School Idol Project]
Friday: Rider [Fate/Stay Night], Maki Nishikino (Little Devil) Kisumi Shigino [Free!], Kae Serinuma (Gym) [Kiss Him Not Me!]
Saturday: Layla Hamilton [Kaleido Star] 100%, Zen (Spicy Jalapeno) [Mystic Messenger] Maki Nishikino (Sunny Day Song)
Sunday: Christophe Giacometti (Rapsodie Espagnole) [Yuri!!! on Ice] 100%

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takahashi Cosplay

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users