ACen does not. I come to ACen to see friends and do photoshoots and cosplay - the schedule here is amazing for cosplayers! - and very little for guests.
VGO is probably the most exciting guests for me this year, and I have the unfortunate feeling that my panel is going to be directly across from their performance.
But I don't even know yet and it's a week away? =/
Myrla, I thought that they set up every room already for the panels? They have the panel info in panel programing. They used to have a list up with the times and info of the panels on the main website. Though I don't know where it went. Odd that you didn't get a room number.
Regarding the list:
1. Am I disappointed, in a way, but also not in a way. I tend to prefer dubbing most of the time. I would honestly like to see some international guests as well, like for example the crew that created Code Lyoko. Something like that would catch my attention, how about Queenie Chan from Austraila?
2. There is probably a lot of factors behind the scenes that are going on so we can't honestly know why people weren't invited etc, outside of what El Ken kindly informs us about, which we are lucky to have him being as transparent as he is.
3. I understand how disappointed we are but how about we start coming up with ways to or solutions for Guest relations to maybe use to attract stars. Like for example,
"We don't have enough Japanese Voice actors. How can we improve this?"
Solutions: 1. Find out from some of the Anime companies, such as Viz, who have direct relations with some of the companies across seas, if there is a way to get incontact with certain seiyuus and magnakas.
2. What about getting into contact with Kodasha USA, they are owned by the main branch and took over Del Rey's manga.
3. Try to get other Seiyuu, or people that come frequently to talk up how much fun they had at acen or see if they can get Acen in contact with other actors.
I'm not for one minute trying to do GR's job, but I do think that maybe we can come up with ideas that GR could use, or not use, rather then just complaining about the situation.
This post has been edited by Dark Spellmaster: 18 April 2012 - 07:36 PM