**Seeking Models**

#31 User is offline   Hoshigumo 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 61317

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

View PostEl Ken, on 15 March 2012 - 12:15 PM, said:

Please be aware that you will need to be at con on Thursday to be a model.

...this is news as of now? It would've been helpful for those of us coming from out of state to have had this in mind when applying.
ACen Cosplay 2014:
Celty Sturluson
Ren Kougyoku
Naoto Shirogane (detective ver.)

#32 User is offline   El Ken 

• Guest Relations Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5629

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:46 AM

I'm sorry for that late information about Thursday. That was the request from Kincs for Sixh and Hangry&Angry models. Friday morning will be rehearsal for the Sixh. Opera, and Saturday morning will be the rehearsals for Angelic Pretty and Hangry&Angry. I will inquire again about that requirement, as it is a bit unreasonable. Perhaps we can make it for early Friday for all Kincs models with Sixh. models sticking around for rehearsal afterward.

Angelic Pretty has not yet outlined a model schedule.

I will post back here with the absolute details. I'm sure I'll be able to get rid of the Thursday requirement.
Ken Leiding

Guest Relations Section Chief (2011- )

Hotel/Convention Site Relations, Retired (2006-2010)

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#33 User is offline   Matcha Parfait 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61714

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:02 AM

Thanks for giving us more information, El Ken. I really appreciate it~

#34 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:42 AM

I think the Thursday requirement is fair. Having both rehearsals on one day takes a huge time chunk out of the day, and there is also the show itself taking place on that Friday so that is a lot to do on one day. I would be fine with it either way, but it would have been nice to have the requirements listed when applications opened so those traveling far can make arrangements to accommodate for this.
ACen 2017 LINEUP
Pidge-Voltron
Newt Scamander-FBAWTFT
Neo - RWBY
Flemeth - DA
MC-Mysme

#35 User is offline   myrla 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60134

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:44 AM

I would think Thursday later in the day (ie: after 7 pm) would work for a lot of people. I'm going to schedule my flights to get in early, just in case. (i doubt i will be chosen)
ACen 2013: Panel denied. Not attending.

ACen 2012 Cosplay: Doctor Who: Tooth and Claw Rose (Friday) | Firefly: Inara (Saturday) | Lolita (Sunday)
Panelist: Final Fantasy MMORPG

ACen 2011 Cosplay:
Tooth and Claw Rose (Doctor Who) | Miwako (Paradise Kiss) | Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter)

#36 User is offline   Hoshigumo 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61317

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

View PostVoxx, on 16 March 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

I think the Thursday requirement is fair. Having both rehearsals on one day takes a huge time chunk out of the day, and there is also the show itself taking place on that Friday so that is a lot to do on one day. I would be fine with it either way, but it would have been nice to have the requirements listed when applications opened so those traveling far can make arrangements to accommodate for this.

I agree, it's understandable that they'd need to have models available for things like fitting and choreography ahead of time, and simply to make sure the models selected are serious about showing up so the designers aren't left in the lurch. Neither the announcement or application said anything about Thursday and I was getting my hopes up. Alas.
ACen Cosplay 2014:
Celty Sturluson
Ren Kougyoku
Naoto Shirogane (detective ver.)

#37 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:13 PM

View Postmyrla, on 16 March 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

I would think Thursday later in the day (ie: after 7 pm) would work for a lot of people. I'm going to schedule my flights to get in early, just in case. (i doubt i will be chosen)

Agreed. I'm lucky enough to live in the area, but I can't take Thursday AND Friday off work. If it's Thursday it has to be like after 7. Asking for any earlier time isn't practical for most people's schedules :/
ACen 2017 Plans
Maki Nishikino (Little Devil and Sunny Day Song) [Love Live! School Idol Project] 90%
Kisumi Shigino [Free!] 100%
Rider [Fate/Stay Night] 70%
Zen (Spicy Jalapeno) [Mystic Messenger] 100%
Christophe Giacometti (Rapsodie Espagnole) [Yuri!!! on Ice] 100%

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takahashi Cosplay

#38 User is offline   Catmint 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61693

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:09 PM

View PostEl Ken, on 16 March 2012 - 09:46 AM, said:

I'm sorry for that late information about Thursday. That was the request from Kincs for Sixh and Hangry&Angry models. Friday morning will be rehearsal for the Sixh. Opera, and Saturday morning will be the rehearsals for Angelic Pretty and Hangry&Angry. I will inquire again about that requirement, as it is a bit unreasonable. Perhaps we can make it for early Friday for all Kincs models with Sixh. models sticking around for rehearsal afterward.

I will post back here with the absolute details. I'm sure I'll be able to get rid of the Thursday requirement.

I'd be ecstatic if the Saturday morning AP rehearsal ends up being confirmed; if the model decisions are indeed made two-and-a-half weeks prior to the con, it's cutting it awfully close for those of us who are out-of-state to request two days off from work. Personally speaking, for practicality's sake, I'll only be buying plane tickets and registering for the con if my application is accepted.

#39 User is offline   myrla 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:23 PM

I extended my stay another night just to cover all of Sunday, so I feel ya. (haven't booked my flights yet, so I'm lucky in that regard)

This post has been edited by myrla: 18 March 2012 - 05:22 PM

ACen 2012 Cosplay: Doctor Who: Tooth and Claw Rose (Friday) | Firefly: Inara (Saturday) | Lolita (Sunday)

ACen 2011 Cosplay:
Tooth and Claw Rose (Doctor Who) | Miwako (Paradise Kiss) | Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter)

#40 User is offline   AnnoDomini 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61679

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

Yeah I kinda guessed you'd have to come earlier too and I feel for you guys that can't come in that Thursday but I guess there's no
other way? Maybe they'll only need you for a certain amount of time so at least some of you can plan a half day? I'm also lucky
that I live in Chicago itself so I know how difficult it can be to go out of town. You guys are brave X.X

As far as announcements it would be nice to hear from them ahead of time. Like two weeks ahead or maybe right after the
cut off date so that we're not left hanging for a long time you know.

This post has been edited by AnnoDomini: 18 March 2012 - 04:45 PM

#41 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

Seems a bit unfair, but at the same time I'm assuming they are working from a agency/professional Modeling perspective? Maybe they assume that people can get off or that most of the people coming to the event live in state?

I'm assuming that they want to looks at the girls pictures, see if they fit with the style? Maybe that's why so late?

This post has been edited by Dark Spellmaster: 19 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#42 User is offline   SeikoMiwarui 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 17644

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

All I know is that I hope I have enough time to work something out with my boss because I'd have to drive from Milwaukee to wherever we meet for this modeling thing (if I get picked) and then have enough time to make it BACK to Milwaukee to sleep and then leave at like 7AM and drive back to ACEN X____X I will have to think long and hard on this. My parents pay for my gas and I don't want them to have to pay for unnecessary travel :| If we do get picked, do we have a window of time to decline if things come up? I'm sure they'll have backups for every person chosen...

#43 User is offline   Artemis Cangee 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 8691

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:38 PM

I'm so impatient! I really want to know who the models are as soon as possible! It would make my weekend if I could be chosen <3
Cosplays for 2013: Sailor Saturn (Sailor Moon)
Lucy from Fairy Tail

Cosplay 2012: Elsie (The World God Only Knows)
Cosplay 2011: Lunatic Charm (Shugo Chara)
Cosplay 2010: Dokoro-Chan, Ren (DearS, School Uniform)
Cosplay 2009: Cardcaptor Sakura, Risa (LoveCom)
Cosplay 2008: Fuu Houjii

#44 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

View PostArtemis Cangee, on 26 March 2012 - 08:38 PM, said:

I'm so impatient! I really want to know who the models are as soon as possible! It would make my weekend if I could be chosen <3

I know how you feel! I want to know as soon as possible but I want to wait til everything is official. I'd be oh so happy :)

ACen 2017 LINEUP
Pidge-Voltron
Newt Scamander-FBAWTFT
Neo - RWBY
Flemeth - DA
MC-Mysme

#45 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

View PostEl Ken, on 16 March 2012 - 09:46 AM, said:

Has there been a set time for the fashion shows yet? I've looked at the panel programming and I did not see either of these shows. Maybe I missed something?
And has their been any updates regarding the Thursday Req? I'm just curious and I'm sure a lot of the ladies are too.

ACen 2017 LINEUP
Pidge-Voltron
Newt Scamander-FBAWTFT
Neo - RWBY
Flemeth - DA
MC-Mysme

#46 User is offline   Artemis Cangee 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

View PostVoxx, on 28 March 2012 - 12:39 PM, said:

Has there been a set time for the fashion shows yet? I've looked at the panel programming and I did not see either of these shows. Maybe I missed something?
And has their been any updates regarding the Thursday Req? I'm just curious and I'm sure a lot of the ladies are too.

Yes I would like to know about Thursday also! And is there any word about the times of the Q&A sessions or the actual times of the fashion shows? Even if I do not get selected to be a model I would like to attend the shows :)
Lucy from Fairy Tail

#47 User is offline   El Ken 

• PipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

View PostArtemis Cangee, on 30 March 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

Yes I would like to know about Thursday also! And is there any word about the times of the Q&A sessions or the actual times of the fashion shows? Even if I do not get selected to be a model I would like to attend the shows :)

The schedule for Main Programming has been finalized as of yesterday. Expect to see that posted to the site soon.

Meantime, I can tell you that the Sixh.OPERA is occurring Friday at noon, with on-stage rehearsal directly before it beginning at 10:30am. Hair and makeup and dressing will be before the rehearsal.

Angelic Pretty's fashion show will be on Saturday at 11:15am. Dress rehearsal will begin at 9:45am (with hair and makeup prior), but there will be another, off-stage rehearsal before that, either even earlier that morning or later Thursday evening.

Hangy&Angry's fashion show will begin at 12:15pm on Saturday. Fitting and rehearsal is at 8:30am (!) on Saturday (sorry, this is the only time I could squeeze out of Main Programming). Showtime fitting and hair and makeup will occur during Angelic Pretty's show.

All brands are requesting to meet the models Thursday evening to go over certain details, and perhaps get some outfit ideas/fittings done. I will request that any meetings take place no earlier than 7pm.

For the morning meetings, I'll try to have coffee, water, light snacks (think cut fruit or granola bars), and maybe juice available.
Ken Leiding

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#48 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:09 PM

Thanks for the update El Ken! ♥
ACen 2017 LINEUP
Pidge-Voltron
Newt Scamander-FBAWTFT
Neo - RWBY
Flemeth - DA
MC-Mysme

#49 User is offline   ElleJay 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61672

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

That helps a lot; thanks for the information~! I am full of the nervousness!

This post has been edited by ElleJay: 02 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

#50 User is offline   myrla 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:42 AM

Times sound great. I can adjust any photoshoots/cosplay around them and it doesn't interfere with my panel :D

ACen 2011 Cosplay:

#51 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:02 AM

Just a couple quick questions -

1. Are we providing our own make-up or are they providing it for us? I wouldn't want to walk in with no make-up on just to have them say they expected that done already! (I'm sure they would want to do our make-up...but just to be safe)

2. From the sounds of the times it will be impossible to be in both the Angelic Pretty and Hangry&Angry shows? I applied for both and would love to do both if accepted (though I doubt Anglic Pretty will accept me anyways since I only just meet their height/shoe size requirements)

3. Any ideas on when we'll know if we were accepted or not? It's getting close and I know all of us are itching to know if we were picked or not xD
ACen 2017 Plans
Maki Nishikino (Little Devil and Sunny Day Song) [Love Live! School Idol Project] 90%

#52 User is offline   El Ken 

• PipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

View PostWashu Takahashi, on 05 April 2012 - 08:02 AM, said:

Just a couple quick questions -

1. Are we providing our own make-up or are they providing it for us? I wouldn't want to walk in with no make-up on just to have them say they expected that done already! (I'm sure they would want to do our make-up...but just to be safe)

2. From the sounds of the times it will be impossible to be in both the Angelic Pretty and Hangry&Angry shows? I applied for both and would love to do both if accepted (though I doubt Anglic Pretty will accept me anyways since I only just meet their height/shoe size requirements)

3. Any ideas on when we'll know if we were accepted or not? It's getting close and I know all of us are itching to know if we were picked or not xD

1. Hair & Makeup will be done by/provided by ACen.

2. Correct. I said previously that models could not do both Angelic Pretty and Hangry&Angry shows.

3. I'm trying to pin down exact dates with each respective label. I will post again when I have the dates.
Ken Leiding

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#53 User is offline   El Ken 

• PipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

The model application has been shut down. I've been told by the Sixh./Hangry&Angry people that model decisions will be completed no later than April 20 (Yeah, I know... that's late. I'll see if they will get on that a little sooner.). Angelic Pretty tells me that they would like to get it done as soon as possible. Angelic Pretty will be contacting the selected models directly.

Thanks!
Ken Leiding

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#54 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

Thank you! :D

Good luck to everyone who applied, it'll be super fun if we get to participate :)
ACen 2017 Plans

#55 User is offline   Artemis Cangee 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

Thanks for the updates! I hope I make it in and good luck to everyone else who applied as well! :D
Lucy from Fairy Tail

#56 User is offline   SeikoMiwarui 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 17644

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

....Now I have to decide whether or not I just want to take the initiative and take Thursday off of work, or not....As is, I will technically only have one day I can work that week if I get rid of Thursday (unless I can take a shorter shift earlier in the day) but....I don't know T_T I would hate to not ask off, actually make it in (which would doubly be a surprise) and then have to scramble to find someone to cover me.

..Also, that means I would have to drive to Rosemont, do the model thing for whatever they need, and then drive back to Milwaukee to sleep. Get up at 5~6 so we can leave by 7AM and then drive back to Rosemont. I'm going to be so tired if that happens XD.

#57 User is offline   Artemis Cangee 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

Has anyone been contacted by AP yet? Even if I don't get in I want to know so I stop worrying about it!
Lucy from Fairy Tail

#58 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

April 20th... ;__; About a week more to go ladies. xfingers crossedx
ACen 2017 LINEUP
Pidge-Voltron
Newt Scamander-FBAWTFT
Neo - RWBY
Flemeth - DA
MC-Mysme

#59 User is offline   El Ken 

• PipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

I've received the model list from Sixh./Hangry&Angry. Apparently I'll be the one reaching out to everyone for them.

I'll try to get all the emails out by tomorrow (Thursday).
Ken Leiding

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#60 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

Fantastic news! Thanks El Ken. You are fanfreakintastic. ♥
ACen 2017 LINEUP
Pidge-Voltron
Newt Scamander-FBAWTFT