Anime Central Forums: Bleach Anime Coming to a Closure - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bleach Anime Coming to a Closure After 9 Years...

#1 User is offline   Aphex 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 27543

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:40 PM

So recently, I found out that Bleach will be ending with a total of 366 episodes. Wow... It's already been 9 years since the start of the series and they are finally coming down to a closure. Do you think that they will have a second season (Like Naruto has Naruto Shippuden)?

#2 User is offline   S1NN3R 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 11618

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:21 AM

Yea, I saw that too.

It's times like this that are bitter sweet. Sad to see it go, but opens doors for the new. As a fan since day 1, I personally wouldn't want a second session. Not only would it seem like filler, but I feel it would take away from the original.

It has had an awesome run. Let it end with a bang, not a whimper!

"You'll never have any answers untill you ask the questions"
When people start asking, I'll answer.

Contact Me

Acens attended. 1998-2002, 04-06,08-Present

#3 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:48 AM

I want to know how they are going to end it since the manga is still going on.
ACen 2017 Cosplay
Friday: General Esdeath (Akame Ga Kill!) (98% d/t touch ups and re-doing sword)
Saturday: Major Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell ARISE variant] (100%)
RIP Origa <3

COME SEE MY PANELS!!!

"Let's Form a Stand Alone Complex!" Saturday, 12:30 PM – 2:15 PM Panel Room 13 DESCC
"My Ghost Whispers, Therefore I am" Saturday, 3:45 PM – 5:30 PM Panel Room 13

#4 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:43 AM

The manga is going to end soon.
Expect the anime to soon follow.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

#5 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:51 PM

See that's the thing, I hear so many different stories about the manga. I hear it's going on for another year, I heard it's supposed to go on for ten years...and I hear it's going to end soon XD lol. I guess we will just have to wait it out XD. Because there has been no solid story report on what's going on when it comes to the ending time frame...but I guess most mangas don't really have a legit ending time frame anyway.
ACen 2017 Cosplay
RIP Origa <3

COME SEE MY PANELS!!!

"Let's Form a Stand Alone Complex!" Saturday, 12:30 PM – 2:15 PM Panel Room 13 DESCC

#6 User is offline   Kent 

• Berserker
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61118

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:26 PM

Well if the anime ends short of the mangas I can see them continuing the anime again to finish it with a movie or two in between. Its better than filler I think while they wait for it to finish.
Trying to gather ideas for next cosplay...?!?

#7 User is offline   noodlenaut 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61635

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:09 PM

366 episodes and I'm only on episode 30, wow I'm so behind XD
witty catchphrase

#8 User is offline   Smokey 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6522

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:46 PM

Dang! Only 3 episodes left then.
The Special Needs & ADA Compliance Department is dedicated to making sure that nobody has to miss anything that ACen has to offer because of a physical challenge or medical condition.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Compliments? Complaints?

Visit us at http://acen.org/cont...-ada-compliance or send an email to adacompliance-dh@acen.org

Number of ACens attended: 15, Number of years on staff: 6, 2010 Staff MVP Award

#9 User is offline   cloudacmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17980

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:23 PM

I heard about this. I now have a final episode # though. I'm going to finish the final arc and then catch up on the filler I skipped. (So I've watched every episode that way)

I'm sure there will be a second bleach season once the final arc of the manga gets far enough, so that there isn't too much (or hopefully no) filler.
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloudacmaster
Cosplays did not happen in 2009, thanks to finals. Things are not looking good in 2010 either :/ I may not make it til Acen until Sat. evening.
Forum Doctor and Forum weather man!

#10 User is offline   Naoya Toudou 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17652

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:14 AM

Im wondering if they intend to do what they did with Inuyasha?

for those that dont know what im referring to inuyasha ended after many episodes with realy no conclusion. ( jewel still broken and naraku still on the lose, it ticked me off -.-) eventually the manga did end a good while after. and once the manga was completed they did one last 26 episode season titled inuyasha the final act which covered the last part of the manga they didnt in the original series.

I can actually see that happening with bleach.

#11 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:38 PM

View PostNaoya Toudou, on 07 March 2012 - 08:14 AM, said:

Im wondering if they intend to do what they did with Inuyasha?

for those that dont know what im referring to inuyasha ended after many episodes with realy no conclusion. ( jewel still broken and naraku still on the lose, it ticked me off -.-) eventually the manga did end a good while after. and once the manga was completed they did one last 26 episode season titled inuyasha the final act which covered the last part of the manga they didnt in the original series.

I can actually see that happening with bleach.

Just like with InuYasha, I stopped watching Bleach after a while. They both start off great but then it gets repetitive and boring. I loved both shows and even read most of the manga... and then that started getting boring so I just skipped to the end. :P I just think those series drag on for far too long and really lose their luster, which is sad, because they both had the potential to be really good... and I find myself disappointed after waiting so long to read/watch the end of it. I'm sure Bleach won't be anything spectacular, but that is just how I view it.
ACen 2017 LINEUP
Pidge-Voltron
Newt Scamander-FBAWTFT
Neo - RWBY
Flemeth - DA
MC-Mysme

#12 User is offline   Naoya Toudou 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

View PostVoxx, on 07 March 2012 - 01:38 PM, said:

Just like with InuYasha, I stopped watching Bleach after a while. They both start off great but then it gets repetitive and boring. I loved both shows and even read most of the manga... and then that started getting boring so I just skipped to the end. :P I just think those series drag on for far too long and really lose their luster, which is sad, because they both had the potential to be really good... and I find myself disappointed after waiting so long to read/watch the end of it. I'm sure Bleach won't be anything spectacular, but that is just how I view it.

I can totally agree with you. its why i stopped watching bleach and read the comic. even then id stop and read only after several chapters have been released. and i never actually finished inuyasha just skimmed the last chapter XD lol. i loved bleach, hell Rukia is my #1 anime girl X3 and always shall be. but yes it lost its luster after a while and it shouldve ended with aizen. we will just have to wait and see what happens :)

This post has been edited by Naoya Toudou: 07 March 2012 - 03:34 PM

#13 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

View PostVoxx, on 07 March 2012 - 01:38 PM, said:

I did the same as well. I stopped InuYasha and Bleach because it was dragging on. Once I noticed all the filler in Bleach, I stopped watching it. I skipped to the end of InuYasha as well just to see what happened to everyone. But the theory of making Bleach's continuation like InuYasha I think is pretty close to what might happen. I feel if they do any more fillers, people will Occupy and protest the studio. XD
ACen 2017 Cosplay
RIP Origa <3

COME SEE MY PANELS!!!

#14 User is offline   Goldeneyeuro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58858

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:56 PM

Bleach started out as rather enjoyable, but the problem is that they steered it into some really horrible spots that tainted the entire series. One of, if not the, biggest problem is that they have way too many fillers in there, and most, if not all, would not affect the story at all if they were simply left out, but yet they don't contribute much, if anything, to the main storyline. I will admit that I did watch most of the filler episodes and while I did enjoy some of them (Amagai Shuusuke arc, Zampakuto, the Alternate Tale arc only because Byakuya is my favorite character), others I either grimaced or just skipped altogether. Like those 1-episode miniature fun episodes. In fact, I did a calculation. Between the end of the Soul Society arc and the end of the Aizen saga (I'm using episode 310), there were 247 episodes. Out of them, 126 were filler episodes. So there were more filler episodes than there were episodes dedicated to the main plot. Wha?

Also, as the series progressed, the sheer number of characters made the entire series mind-bogglingly difficult to keep track of and too many things would happen at the same time to portray to the viewers in a 24-minute episode. Oh, wait, if you delete the OP, ED, and the 3 minutes of recap that were inserted in a lot of later episodes to use up time, you're down to 18 minutes. It's a constant drag, and battles and conversations can last half a dozen episodes. God-mode Aizen doesn't help either, nor does taking over 100 episodes to reveal backstory of minor characters.

I remember going to Anime Detour in 2008 to a Bleach panel and the panelists asked "Who thinks the Bount arc should have been left out altogether?" Everyone in the room raised their hand.

So my reaction? It's about bloody time that Bleach is discontinued. I stopped at episode 310 and considered watching the rest of it just to obtain closure, but then decided to just say that in my mind, this was the end that should have been. The producers were in way over their heads. If the anime doesn't finish up with the manga's ending, then for me, if I do keep going, I would be left even more unfulfilled. To anyone even thinking of starting the series, I'd try to push them not to start, but if they insist or really want to, I'd say you'd be much better off if you skip past most, if not all, the filler. *end of huffy rant*
Never be average... - myself.
When life has no purpose, you're dead already. - Kiba from Wolf's Rain

Planned ACen 2K16 Cosplays:
Life Cool- Yuri Kuma Arashi, Slaine Troyard (count outfit)- Aldnoah Zero Season 2, Houka Inumuta (Black and Gold outfit)- Kill la Kill, Munakata Reisi- K Project

My Flickr- click for my photos

#15 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:54 AM

View PostGoldeneyeuro, on 07 March 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

So my reaction? It's about bloody time that Bleach is discontinued. I stopped at episode 310 and considered watching the rest of it just to obtain closure, but then decided to just say that in my mind, this was the end that should have been. The producers were in way over their heads. If the anime doesn't finish up with the manga's ending, then for me, if I do keep going, I would be left even more unfulfilled. To anyone even thinking of starting the series, I'd try to push them not to start, but if they insist or really want to, I'd say you'd be much better off if you skip past most, if not all, the filler. *end of huffy rant*

I did the same thing with Naruto as well. Skipped all the fillers. What makes me kinda disappointed in the Blech fillers that I saw (my patience was not enough for them so I did not watch them all) was I feel there was no character development very much in the fillers so to me it made them completely pointless to watch. Now if things actually happened...then I would say "yeah it's worth the time to watch all the fillers" but that's not the case.
ACen 2017 Cosplay
RIP Origa <3

COME SEE MY PANELS!!!

#16 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:31 PM

I have to say this should have happened a looooooong time ago. The whole aizen fight was so anticlimatic and I had so many problems with that arc and the ones before that, then it's over and I'm like "well the ending wasn't great but it was still a good ride." and then it's like, But wait there's more! and I say, "really? We gonna keep going with this?" I stopped reading serioulsy after that and just didnt' care anymore. Same thing happened to Naruto as well.
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#17 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:29 AM

Normally Kuribo is a really good writer when it comes to keeping things on track. I have a feeling that we won't see a second season, or if the manga keeps going, I hear it's ending as well, an ova should cover it.

Suprisingly, because of world wide fandom it wasn't killed like Kenshin was by filler. Thankfully we're going to see Ova's for that (I'm praying for the arc after the Kyoto arc to come out!) so maybe if Bleach does keep going they will do the smart thing and put it as ovas or movies. Right now it just seems like, sheer volume of time wastes during the fillers.

I give the author of One Peice credit, he saw he was going off track and forced it back on track by time skipping so he can finish off his story. I wonder if a lot of the issues with bleach came from editoral mandate to "sell sell sell." To my knowlege most manga have a ending in sight.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#18 User is offline   emileighmorgan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 61704

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:37 PM

Weirdly enough, I'm kind of pissed they are ending Bleach.
Hopefully they will keep with the Manga at least, and totally pull a InuYasha or Naruto Shippuden

#19 User is offline   Naoya Toudou 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:09 PM

the last episode today was really lacking. but its understandable why :/ it was just as bad as inuyashas original ending.

#20 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

Thank god.

#21 User is offline   emileighmorgan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 61704

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:39 AM

D:
Nooo.

#22 User is offline   Hantsuki 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62601

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:57 AM

Wow, it ended already? I might actually finish this series then. I stopped at 107.

#23 User is offline   Shiggitay 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60878

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:20 AM

107 eh... That's just about the end of Bountou Arc. 109 is the last ep of that arc, and then the Arrancar stuff starts. Just thought you should know.
Anime fo lyfe!

Representin' Anime Boston 2017, Anime Central 2017 and Otakon 2017!! WOOO WOOO~~~~

-----------------------------Help me out if you can! And please share those links around! Arigatou!!---------------------------
Buy Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd [Famitsu DX Pack] (Japan Version) for PlayStation 3 (PS3)>

Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd | Buy Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd (Japan Version) for PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita)>

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users