Anime Central Forums: Are you considering this your last year at ACen? - Anime Central Forums

• 13 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Are you considering this your last year at ACen? Just curious

Poll: Are you considering this your last year at ACen? (126 member(s) have cast votes)

Will this be your last year at ACen?

1. Yes (13 votes [10.32%])

Percentage of vote: 10.32%

2. No (79 votes [62.70%])

Percentage of vote: 62.70%

3. Thinking about it (34 votes [26.98%])

Percentage of vote: 26.98%

Vote

#361 User is offline   DioxideIL 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 27908

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:29 PM

I am changing my pre-con vote of no to yes. While it is not due to anything bad or wrong during my time at the con, I just didn't feel it like I used to.
Decided not to bring a signature book due to lack of interest.

---Chibi Chaser---

#362 User is offline   Jang Hee Joon 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 5162

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:11 PM

I'll admit that it's crossed my mind, but... No. That time hasn't come yet.

#363 User is offline   strawberrysoda 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62356

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:14 AM

While I do think there are some things that need to worked through and there was a strange air about this year I'm just not ready to give up! I still love acen and it's the biggest con I go to all year.

#364 User is offline   Stormy-chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 51456

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

Im taking a year off to do and plan other vacations next year, and will keep an eye on the forums to see how things go for next year. If it appears to have gotten better by then I may consider coming back after that.

#365 User is offline   Althynia 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 61862

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:05 PM

I really seriously wonder why ACen's atmosphere changed so drastically between last year and this year. Outside of the issues with the fire, nothing seemed particularly different about the con. Is is the demographic is changing, or the con itself is? It actually makes me fairly sad, because I was hoping ACen could be the one event of the year I could look forward to for now on..guess not, though.

#366 User is offline   chompzie 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 19314

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:15 PM

Next year may or may not be my last year. I'll be staying in Embassy Suites next year instead, to see if that makes a difference. I am wondering if the timing was just wrong or something, everything felt off since arriving. Maybe it was just a fluke.

Giving ACen next year to redeem itself, otherwise I'll be exploring other options.
I love guinea pigs and cats and Sgt. Frog.

#367 User is offline   kopf1988 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 12164

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:31 PM

View PostVisadin the insane, on 19 April 2012 - 12:07 PM, said:

i still go to acen, i just want a 2nd con at the 2nd half of the year, my friend hype up reactor, and maybe it was good in the some magical time, but that con was crap. i had a full weekend pass and didn't bother to showup on saturday, i think i wrashed gurren lagann set 2 (best speech of the series is EP11 on that set) and played warhammer 40K.

I've heard that from a lot of people, and it may have turned people off from going to other cons but ACEN. I really recommend Anime Midwest... especially with the guest list and event schedule. It's going to be pretty awesome (and their ad was on the back of the ACEN program book!!!). <3

I think ACEN just has ups some places and downs some places like every other con, but overall I think it's awesome. :D

This post has been edited by kopf1988: 21 May 2012 - 06:32 PM

I manage the list of Anime Conventions on UpcomingCons.com
Conventions Attending: ACen, Ohayocon, NebrasKon, Anime-zing! 2012, and Anime Midwest Chicago and Anime-ZAP! in Peoria, Illinois.

#368 User is offline   ceromagus22 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 18440

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

This year i was considering it to be my last acen but i ended up having the most fun ive had in the past 2 years so i think i'll give next a shot
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCeroRei <----My Channel with a decent amount of Cosplay Meetup videos
https://www.facebook.com/rei.cero<--my facebook
3DS Friend code: 0087-3065-7685

#369 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:32 PM

View Postceromagus22, on 23 May 2012 - 02:22 PM, said:

This year i was considering it to be my last acen but i ended up having the most fun ive had in the past 2 years so i think i'll give next a shot

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Just when you think you're ready to go the ACen comes back to get ya! LOL

I was considering in my head just doing Saturday or Friday/Saturday only next year but it's too hard for me to pass up the awesome 4-day ACen weekend!!! My reason was to save money for more trips/conventions. While I would like to continue trying new ones, I just can't walk away from ACen, it's my first ever con and my favorite so far.
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

• 13 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users