I'm so excited!!! <3
May 12, 2012
8pm to 2am
Wyndham Lisle/Naperville, IL
$10 per person
Anime Midwest Presents ~*~ The Cosplay Fantasy Prom
Only $10 per person.
An awesome experience for anyone who loves anime and cosplay! This all-night event will include dancing, cosplay, prizes, and more!
Rules copied from the event page:
= Dress Guide =
Any formal, semi-formal, or business-professional attire is acceptable. The fancier the better!
Examples of acceptable attire:
* A Formal Prom Dress
* A Tuxedo or properly-fitting suit
* Button-up long-sleeve shirt with tie and dress pants
* Princess Zelda, Peach, Etc
* Military Formal (Like FMA or FF8 during the waltz)
* Most Lolita
* Hetalia characters with a tie, bow-tie, or formal military attire
* Homestuck suit versions (Wise Guy Slime Suit, Puppet Tux, Four Aces Suited, etc)
* Sneakers can be acceptable if matching and nice (we understand that formal shoes are hard to find and uncomfortable!)
If your character does not have an actual 'formal' style, consider what they would wear to a formal event. For example, Link would likely wear his normal tunic (which, in many games, is considered a ceremonial or formal tunic). * Just because you're a bad guy doesn't mean you get to be evil and wear whatever you want
= Not Allowed =
* Jeans, t-shirts, polo shirts, denim
* Hats, bandannas, or headwear unless appropriate and formal
Examples of inappropriate attire:
* See-through, low-cut, or over-exposed dresses (midriffs shouldn't be exposed)
* A suit that doesn't fit at all
* Button-up shirt without a tie or without dress pants
* Homestucks (unless you're the suit version)
When and where:
From 8pm to 2am at the Wyndham Lisle/Naperville just outside Chicago. It's $10 per person to get in, and there will be prizes and beyond for the best cosplays and best dances.
This post has been edited by UpcomingCons.com: 27 February 2012 - 06:49 PM