Well, handlers attend to the schedules and needs of Anime Central's guests of honor. You work directly with a guest, ensuring that they attend all scheduled events on time, resolving issues, asking about the guest's needs, and communicating those needs to Dispatch/Guest Services and GR management. A handler may or may not accompany a guest on outings and may or may not be responsible for handling petty cash to pay for said outings and possibly serve as a driver. You will be expected to work with a guest from their arrival in Chicago until their departure, mirroring your guest's schedule. A handler performs escort duties for their charge as well and are possibly assigned other duties by myself or the ADH as we need.
However, things we do not do for example are: getting to party with the guests, hanging out in the green room, going out to dinner with the guests and eating for free, or any other perks a staff member for any other department might not have. We do have a dress code, and cosplay is not allowed on duty, which we tend to be on the large majority of the day.
We represent the convention, so professionalism is an absolute must for us.
All that being said I'm looking for people who have:
- Outgoing, diplomatic personalities
- Ability to problem solve and manage situations quickly and transparently (think on your feet)
- Attention to scheduling
- Ability to listen to requests and decide the best way to fulfill the needs of our guests of honor
- Valid US driver's license (not required but it is helpful in case we need people to drive)
Guest Handlers must be 21 or older.
If all of this sounds interesting to you here's the steps you need to take to apply:
- Email email@example.com
- Include a current resume and a short explanation of why you're a good fit for the job (i.e., a cover letter.) The resume doesn't need to list just convention experience; it can be any job or volunteer experience you feel comfortable sharing and that might give me a better understanding of your past experiences. Make sure your resume lists your contact information (phone number and email address.)
After reviewing the emails, I will contact you to arrange a time for a phone interview.
Feel free to post questions you might have in this thread as well.