• This topic is locked

4 Chords (Homestuck) Meetup? Why not?

#1 User is offline   ☆KYUU 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 25929

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:11 PM

So, if you haven't heard about it yet, you can basically check out 4 Chords here: http://fourchords.deviantart.com/ . It is, in a nutshell, an AU! Homestuck, where trolls are college-aged humans.

I was thinking that we could have a meeting with either one person per character or we could have multiples, whatever you guys want. The meetup date is really up for whenever (we could also do a photoshoot at Acen if you guys wanted). Chicago would probably be best for the location. It looks most similar to New York City after all. XD;

So, anyone up for it?
Cosplays 2012:

Friday:
It's a surprise... (Homestuck)

(...So... I can only go on Friday... )

#2 User is offline   Shueido 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 19585

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:12 AM

View Post☆KYUU, on 06 November 2011 - 11:11 PM, said:

So, if you haven't heard about it yet, you can basically check out 4 Chords here: http://fourchords.deviantart.com/ . It is, in a nutshell, an AU! Homestuck, where trolls are college-aged humans.

I was thinking that we could have a meeting with either one person per character or we could have multiples, whatever you guys want. The meetup date is really up for whenever (we could also do a photoshoot at Acen if you guys wanted). Chicago would probably be best for the location. It looks most similar to New York City after all. XD;

So, anyone up for it?

Hey! Actually me and a few friends are tentativly doing Karkat, Gamzee, and Tavros, but we would probably only be doing them on Sunday, and maybe on Thursday on our train ride to Chicago. But a photoshoot/meetup would be a lot of fun! Did you have a particular day in mind?

#3 User is offline   ☆KYUU 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:07 PM

View PostShueido, on 07 November 2011 - 12:12 AM, said:

Hey! Actually me and a few friends are tentativly doing Karkat, Gamzee, and Tavros, but we would probably only be doing them on Sunday, and maybe on Thursday on our train ride to Chicago. But a photoshoot/meetup would be a lot of fun! Did you have a particular day in mind?

Well, I was actually thinking that this could be a meetup outside of Acen, to help lessen the load of cosplays. But we could also have a photoshoot during it. As for the day, probably on Sunday.
Cosplays 2012:

Friday:

#4 User is offline   Shueido 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:03 PM

View Post☆KYUU, on 07 November 2011 - 12:07 PM, said:

Well, I was actually thinking that this could be a meetup outside of Acen, to help lessen the load of cosplays. But we could also have a photoshoot during it. As for the day, probably on Sunday.

That sounds like lot a lot of fun :3 I know my group and I need to catch a train on Sunday afternoon, so we'll be in Chicago anyway. I would need to talk to them first to see what we're doing, but I think this would be a lot of fun! Oh, who all is your group cosplaying?

#5 User is offline   meef 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 3767

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:21 PM

Oh hi! Were you the group doing 4 Chords at Youmacon? I'll probably go to whatever meet you have at Acen or otherwise, though I've only got canon cosplay.

#6 User is offline   ☆KYUU 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:45 PM

View PostShueido, on 09 November 2011 - 01:03 PM, said:

That sounds like lot a lot of fun :3 I know my group and I need to catch a train on Sunday afternoon, so we'll be in Chicago anyway. I would need to talk to them first to see what we're doing, but I think this would be a lot of fun! Oh, who all is your group cosplaying?

I actually don't have a cosplay group with me. XD; (Forever alone in the Homestuck fandom.) Unless I can convince my friends to (finally) catch up with Homestuck, I might have people by the time Acen (or whenever) rolls around. But for now, I'm planning on going as Gamzee.
Cosplays 2012:

Friday:

#7 User is offline   Ametheneko 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 52072

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:00 PM

@ Meef - No, that was my group. :) If you're talking about the ones hosting the Sunday shoot, that is...

When would this be? It would be awesome to take part in this! I'm a Gamzee cosplayer myself, and I have a 4C Tavros and Sollux, too. I wouldn't want to intrude, though, if you didn't want duplicates.
ACen 2015
Oki - Okami
Link - Hyrule Warriors
Sephiroth - FFVII: Advent Children
Sora - Kingdom Hearts II

Cosplay Facebook

#8 User is offline   Shueido 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:32 PM

Personally I think it would be totally cool to have duplicates! We could do some fun things, like have multiples of characters fighting over another character or something. I've talked to my group and they would really like to do this too. We might be able to convince the other two members of our group to do Sollux and Terezi, but they're not into 4 chords so we'll see.

So, does anyone have any ideas about how we're going to do this? Like maybe meet at the convention center and then go into Chicago for pictures or something?

#9 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 10878

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:33 AM

I like the idea of doing something outside of ACEN as I thought it might be cool to organize some sort of general Homestuck gathering like randomly in the summer as I know they do that in a couple of other regions and stuff.

A smaller thing for 4 Chords sounds pretty fun~ I could probably put something together but it'd have to be while I'm home for summer break which is from May till late August if it weren't going to be during ACEN. [or during winter break which is like super soon so]
Oops can't afford to go to ACEN anymore! >:

#10 User is offline   ☆KYUU 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:46 PM

Gah, I'm so sorry for not replying in so long. A bunch of stuff just came up. D:

View PostAmetheneko, on 13 November 2011 - 07:00 PM, said:

When would this be? It would be awesome to take part in this! I'm a Gamzee cosplayer myself, and I have a 4C Tavros and Sollux, too. I wouldn't want to intrude, though, if you didn't want duplicates.

No, no, it's fine if you come. I just wasn't sure how many people we'd actually get. XD The more the merrier~ Well if we're going to do this during the convention, then Sunday would probably be best. If not, then sometime during the spring when the weather gets warmer? Unless you guys want a winter photoshoot.

View PostShueido, on 25 November 2011 - 11:32 PM, said:

Personally I think it would be totally cool to have duplicates! We could do some fun things, like have multiples of characters fighting over another character or something. I've talked to my group and they would really like to do this too. We might be able to convince the other two members of our group to do Sollux and Terezi, but they're not into 4 chords so we'll see.

So, does anyone have any ideas about how we're going to do this? Like maybe meet at the convention center and then go into Chicago for pictures or something?

Yeah, I do agree with you. Duplicates would be fun in some sense, and plus I really don't want to exclude anyone.

Well, if we're doing the photoshoot during the convention, then I guess that would be the only way. Though if people can't make it to Chicago, I guess we could have it at ACEN.

View PostJam-Kiske, on 01 December 2011 - 12:33 AM, said:

I like the idea of doing something outside of ACEN as I thought it might be cool to organize some sort of general Homestuck gathering like randomly in the summer as I know they do that in a couple of other regions and stuff.

A smaller thing for 4 Chords sounds pretty fun~ I could probably put something together but it'd have to be while I'm home for summer break which is from May till late August if it weren't going to be during ACEN. [or during winter break which is like super soon so]

Well, I'm really not sure when it'll be exactly. It'll have to depend on when everyone else is free. Though, we could always have more than one photoshoot. :Db

EDIT: So I just realized that senior prom is on the same weekend as ACEN... and I won't actually be able to make it Sat. and Sunday...

This post has been edited by ☆KYUU: 16 December 2011 - 12:50 AM

Cosplays 2012:

Friday:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users