• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

RAWR!

#1 User is offline   Cyber Duke 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60962

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:51 AM

hello to everyone here im lookin forward to goin to acen this year itll be my first time so i dont know wat to expect :P

#2 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:12 AM

Privet and welcome to the forums.

The forums is basically a lot of personality. As for Acen, do everything in advance. Its popular so hotel rooms run out quick or make sure your buddy is on the case. Or save early so that you have enough to room up with someone.

Also, plan out the amount you need for food, spending money, and other fees/cash.

Its also recommended that you get your ticket in advance.

*Phew* But you have time for all of that. I was just giving you a heads up so you don't end up rushing at the last minute.

Above all, enjoy yourself. If you have questions, just ask.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#3 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:14 PM

Ciao e benvenuti al forum! There is tons to do at ACEN and that's what makes it awesome.

If I could reccommend anything, take advantage of the cheaper badge rates and GET IT MAILED TO YOU! You don't want to wait hours in line and miss valuable con time because you didn't mail it to yourself. XD It makes things easier. :P

Just be open for anything, go to panels that you don't know much about, talk to people and get to know them, that's the coolest part--meeting people that share the same interests as you! :D And be sure to eat. My first year I went (2010) I didn't really do that...and I almost passed out. Eating one box of Pocky for your day's worth of food isn't the healthiest thing in the world! hehehe. XD

Again welcome and have fun and hope to see you at the con and have fun on the forums! ^_^
ACen 2017 Cosplay
Friday: General Esdeath (Akame Ga Kill!) (98% d/t touch ups and re-doing sword)
Saturday: Major Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell ARISE variant] (100%)
RIP Origa <3

COME SEE MY PANELS!!!

"Let's Form a Stand Alone Complex!"
"My Ghost Whispers, Therefore I am"

#4 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60765
  • Location:Hiding In your pantry. What? I get hungry watching you!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:32 PM

Hello!

Don't worry, this will only be my second ACen, so I get how you feel.

I hope you enjoy the forums and the con. :)
ACen 2011 - Haruhi Suzumiya
ACen 2012 - Shippuden Sakura Haruno
ACen 2013 - Friday: fem!Jack Frost Saturday: Toon Link

#5 User is offline   Cyber Duke 

• Pip

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:04 PM

View PostOtakuChica, on 16 September 2011 - 04:32 PM, said:

Hello!

Don't worry, this will only be my second ACen, so I get how you feel.

I hope you enjoy the forums and the con. :)

thank you i hope so to i hope to make lots of new friends when i go but i wouldnt rly know wat to do if i do go im probably gonna be alone wth out any friends there :(

#6 User is offline   Wingy Baby 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 4396

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:00 PM

Going alone to a convention?
That's like a freaking dream come true to me.

It'll be weird at first - "Ahh, new faces! What do??" but once you relax enough and wander around, you'll really get to enjoying not only the atmosphere but the really unique faces at the convention.
So how can you really get in there and meet new people?

Well, you've already started! I've been going to ACEN for almost 11 years (oh god... so old...) and it wasn't until I got active on the forums that I really got to connect with people.

So yes - bring money (and budget, budget, BUDGET! Don't blow it all on a box set on Friday when you'll be there until Sunday afternoon!), bring food that isn't super salty/bad for you, bring a camera and get thy badge mailed to your house!

But also go in with an open mind to all the possibilities and the new people you might meet.
"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before."
- Mae West

#7 User is offline   Cyber Duke 

• Pip

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:30 AM

View PostWingy Baby, on 17 September 2011 - 11:00 PM, said:

Going alone to a convention?
That's like a freaking dream come true to me.

It'll be weird at first - "Ahh, new faces! What do??" but once you relax enough and wander around, you'll really get to enjoying not only the atmosphere but the really unique faces at the convention.
So how can you really get in there and meet new people?

Well, you've already started! I've been going to ACEN for almost 11 years (oh god... so old...) and it wasn't until I got active on the forums that I really got to connect with people.

So yes - bring money (and budget, budget, BUDGET! Don't blow it all on a box set on Friday when you'll be there until Sunday afternoon!), bring food that isn't super salty/bad for you, bring a camera and get thy badge mailed to your house!

But also go in with an open mind to all the possibilities and the new people you might meet.

well i wont be able to go there all day cuz i wont have enough money to stay at a hotel or anything like that it sucks that i cant go for all 2 days so im planning on going sat from morning to whenever and thanks for the advise what was ur fav year and ur fav person u went as?

#8 User is offline   Wingy Baby 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 4396

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:20 PM

Urrghhh... Um. Huh. I don't really write down in some safe keep box "this is the year that ruled, don't forget it!" but I can just mention some events that I really enjoyed.

As a con goer: I really, REALLY liked the ACEN ballroom dance. I have a great story to go with it, but that was my first taste of ballroom dancing and the joy of it just really stuck.

My first time staffing: Through most of high school and all of college, I read this webcomic by an artist over in New England pretty damn loyally(Mookie from Dominic Deegan: Oracle For Hire). Well, during my first time staffing, we managed to get him to speak for various panels. I was Panel Programming. Yes, I nearly wet myself with fan girl excitement. Especially since I stole the opportunity to staff his panel in particular. It was ten times more awesome than anything I could have imagined.

Didn't really dress up beyond "cranky staffer in jeans."
Will try to fix that this year. :3
"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before."
- Mae West

#9 User is offline   Cyber Duke 

• Pip

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:25 PM

View PostWingy Baby, on 18 September 2011 - 11:20 PM, said:

Urrghhh... Um. Huh. I don't really write down in some safe keep box "this is the year that ruled, don't forget it!" but I can just mention some events that I really enjoyed.

As a con goer: I really, REALLY liked the ACEN ballroom dance. I have a great story to go with it, but that was my first taste of ballroom dancing and the joy of it just really stuck.

My first time staffing: Through most of high school and all of college, I read this webcomic by an artist over in New England pretty damn loyally(Mookie from Dominic Deegan: Oracle For Hire). Well, during my first time staffing, we managed to get him to speak for various panels. I was Panel Programming. Yes, I nearly wet myself with fan girl excitement. Especially since I stole the opportunity to staff his panel in particular. It was ten times more awesome than anything I could have imagined.

Didn't really dress up beyond "cranky staffer in jeans."
Will try to fix that this year. :3

haha!! sounded like fun i hope to get some good memories when i go yup there still depating on what to go as but ill think of something soon and ur gonna be staffing again this year?

#10 User is offline   Shinamura 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 58903

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:29 AM

:glomp: Welcome to the forums!!
"Whats the point of having boobs if I dont use them to my advantage?"

-a random conversation at acen 2010.

#11 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip