2012 F.A.Q. Facts, Answers, Questions, and everything in between

#61 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:23 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on 26 March 2012 - 12:52 PM, said:

I buried the times in the AA RES Manual so we wouldn't have as many cases of theft from random people sneaking into the hall.
The loading doors will be open, but IRT and ES staff will be positioned there to do their best to prevent non-approved people from entering.

Thanks for answering so quickly!
Attending since 2005 • Artist Alley 2011-2017
Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#62 User is offline   railas 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 61183

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

Hi, I have a question about at-con rental.
I had a table last year and several of the days there were empty tables, and the artist showed up only on Sun.
Is it possible to rent a table for just one of the days they are empty? Also, would I still have to pay the full amount even though I was only there for one day?

#63 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

View Postrailas, on 06 April 2012 - 02:13 PM, said:

Hi, I have a question about at-con rental.
I had a table last year and several of the days there were empty tables, and the artist showed up only on Sun.
Is it possible to rent a table for just one of the days they are empty? Also, would I still have to pay the full amount even though I was only there for one day?

I apologies for the situation you found your self in last year. I can not attest to why that happened, or what became of it during / after the event, but I am sure that if my team was aware, and there was no extenuating circumstances surrounding the absence, those individuals are not applicable to obtain a table this year.

That being said, the tables are rented for the entire weekend. The empty tables provide a negative view of the Alley, and deter people from walking down particular isles, which is why we do not provide the option of partial event table renting. If you see this happening again, please let either myself or my team know, so that we can prevent their behavior from reflecting poorly on the other Artists in the Alley.
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, & 17
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

#64 User is offline   Starchaser 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 17939

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:00 AM

Quick question about studio mates' badges.
Does the head artist pick up everyone's badge when they sign in or does everyone have to go and exchange their badge with sign in folk individually? My concern is that not everyone will be making it to the convention on Thursday. Some won't make it until Saturday.

#65 User is offline   RogueCreations 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61356

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

View PostStarchaser, on 18 April 2012 - 12:00 AM, said:

Does the head artist pick up everyone's badge when they sign in or does everyone have to go and exchange their badge with sign in folk individually? My concern is that not everyone will be making it to the convention on Thursday. Some won't make it until Saturday.

This is something I'd like to know as well. My studio mates will be arriving at different times on Friday and possibly Saturday. Will they need to come to me for their badge or go to AA reg themselves?

#66 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:46 PM

View PostStarchaser, on 18 April 2012 - 12:00 AM, said:

Yes, the head Artist picks up everyone's badge, after they are ID checked. If any of their studiomates is found to be wearing the wrong badge (not their own name), the Studio will either be ineligible for next year's artist alley, or removed form the event immediately, depending on the severity of the infraction.

View PostRogueCreations, on 18 April 2012 - 06:31 PM, said:

This is something I'd like to know as well. My studio mates will be arriving at different times on Friday and possibly Saturday. Will they need to come to me for their badge or go to AA reg themselves?

Well, I would advise someone running to them to get them their badge, because IRT will not be letting people past their positions without a badge.

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

#67 User is offline   Kyttyee 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 50998

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:09 AM

I feel like I may be either very dumb or very blind, but what is the time window in which we can pick up AA badges on Thursday? Is it the same as the registration hours? In which case, does that mean we'll be allowed into the AA to do our setup even if we don't have our badge yet?

This post has been edited by Kyttyee: 23 April 2012 - 11:09 AM

Papillon de Nuit | Youtube | Tumblr
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2015 Cosplay Ideas:
Ciel (Smile) [Kuroshitsuji]
Yuu or Creamy Mami [Creamy Mami]
Chiaki (school uniform) [Minami-ke]
Mio [K-On!]

#68 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

View PostKyttyee, on 23 April 2012 - 11:09 AM, said:

I feel like I may be either very dumb or very blind, but what is the time window in which we can pick up AA badges on Thursday? Is it the same as the registration hours? In which case, does that mean we'll be allowed into the AA to do our setup even if we don't have our badge yet?

I just sent an email out to all the Attending Artists addressing just that. thank you for the reminder.

#69 User is offline   RogueCreations 

• Pip

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:59 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on 18 April 2012 - 09:46 PM, said:

Well, I would advise someone running to them to get them their badge, because IRT will not be letting people past their positions without a badge.

Thank you for the response on that! Also I have a studio mate who couldn't pre-register online. What do we need to do to get his regular badge turned into an AA badge? He will be there on Thursday evening with me.

#70 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

View PostRogueCreations, on 23 April 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

Thank you for the response on that! Also I have a studio mate who couldn't pre-register online. What do we need to do to get his regular badge turned into an AA badge? He will be there on Thursday evening with me.

Since you are the lead Artist, when you log into your account on the website, just click on the link to edit your studio mates. Then add his username (from the website, not forums) into your studio. Then you should be set.

#71 User is offline   RogueCreations 

• Pip

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on 23 April 2012 - 05:03 PM, said:

Since you are the lead Artist, when you log into your account on the website, just click on the link to edit your studio mates. Then add his username (from the website, not forums) into your studio. Then you should be set.

Thanks again! And sorry for the redundancy! I emailed and posted and both times I had similar questions because today I am scatter-brained lol. But you answered them both! Awesome!

#72 User is offline   IcyPanther 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60865

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:07 AM

I just had a quick question about the actual arriving at the con to set up. Thank you very much for the email for the set up hours, but I wanted to ask if there was a particular entrance (off of a particular street) that we should be using? I'm afraid I'm not very familar with the area.

Also, is there some type of free (or very cheap, for just an hour or two) parking that we can use while we're inside setting up on Thursday?
I will be attending ACen 2015 as an Artist.
You can view my merchandise at my Etsy Shop.
Or visit my DA for more samples of my chibis and prints.
Feel free to message me with any suggestions or comments!

#73 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 4043

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

Replies may be a little slow as many staffers are already moving in to the hotel and getting things ready. I'll try to answer:

Easiest is to pull into the front driveway (it's a big U) of the convention center. You can stop there long enough to unload if you have someone who can move the car after it's emptied. Any place with cheap parking isn't close enough for lugging stuff really (depending on what you have). If you're not staying at one of the connecting hotels - the cheapest is the CTA parking lot, but it's a bit of a hike carrying stuff to sell.

Google map of distance between CTA and Convention Center
2013 will be my 11th year at ACen! Staff for '09/'10/'11/'12/'13
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.
Visit the blog for latest news and contests! Disjointed Images Blog
100% guarantee on buttons. If it breaks, come see me for a FREE replacement.

#74 User is offline   IcyPanther 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

View Postfrzndaqiri, on 24 April 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:

Replies may be a little slow as many staffers are already moving in to the hotel and getting things ready. I'll try to answer:

Easiest is to pull into the front driveway (it's a big U) of the convention center. You can stop there long enough to unload if you have someone who can move the car after it's emptied. Any place with cheap parking isn't close enough for lugging stuff really (depending on what you have). If you're not staying at one of the connecting hotels - the cheapest is the CTA parking lot, but it's a bit of a hike carrying stuff to sell.

Google map of distance between CTA and Convention Center

Thanks for the help! That clears things up. I do have someone who's going to drop me off with the stuff and then park and come in. Quick question on that though; I'm bringing some muscle that is not part of my table. Can he still come back to just help me with the unpacking or are only artists and their tablemates allowed?

#75 User is offline   IcyPanther 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

So, one last quick question!
I'm one of those unfortunate artists that isn't giong to make it out until Friday morning :( (car issues). Is check-in the same procedure on Friday as it is on Thursday? Just want to try and remain frazzle-free in registration and badge pick up at least!

#76 User is offline   NarumiKenshin 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9201

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:38 AM

View PostIcyPanther, on 25 April 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

So, one last quick question!
I'm one of those unfortunate artists that isn't giong to make it out until Friday morning :( (car issues). Is check-in the same procedure on Friday as it is on Thursday? Just want to try and remain frazzle-free in registration and badge pick up at least!

Yep. You can head over to artist check-in and get all your badges there. The only thing you can not do, is bring your car in like those who can on Thursday =D/
Hopefully this helps =P
Thanks!
Exhibit Space ADH - Exhibit Hall - 2012
Merchandising ADH - 2010, 2011
Sales Department Head - 2009
Convention Operations - 2008
Video Gaming Staff - 2007
Man's Greatest Fear is Mankind Itself
-Gendo Ikari-

#77 User is offline   IcyPanther 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:25 AM

View PostNarumiKenshin, on 26 April 2012 - 07:38 AM, said:

Yep. You can head over to artist check-in and get all your badges there. The only thing you can not do, is bring your car in like those who can on Thursday =D/
Hopefully this helps =P
Thanks!

Thanks Narumi, that does!
Just a clarification on the car: I can still be dropped off in the circle outside teh convention center with my things though, yes? I'm having a friend drive and park while I haul everything in.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users