• You cannot reply to this topic

WWE/UFC/MMA/Boxing Fans?

#31 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 25 June 2011 - 02:44 PM

I wish they would bring back the cruiserweight division, it was a lot of fun. TNA has the X-Division but it doesn't have a weight limit and the current champion is Abyss, aka a heavy dude who is like a cross between Kane and Mankind. Their next PPV is called Destination X and it's exclusively dedicated to that division, I actually would watch it if any sports bar were playing it (which I highly doubt.)

Speaking of former Cruiserweights, Chavo Guerrero JR. has officially been released by WWE after asking to be released. After 10 years, he's felt like he's being wasted and wants to move on. I liked Chavo in WCW and early WWE, but I felt in recent years both his wrestling and charisma were lost. I mean it doesn't help that one year he lost like ten or more matches to a midget who plays a leprechaun or that recently he got chewed out for their new star from Mexico (Sin Cara) botching their PPV match. Well good luck to Chavo.
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#32 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:24 AM

UFC canned Nate Marquardt before the weigh-ins. Moved the Barry-Kongo fight to the main event.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2014,2016
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ. No winner for the 2015 Hellfire challenge.

#33 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:10 AM

The Versus card yesterday was awesome top to bottom.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

#34 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:29 PM

View PostPrayer Police, on 27 June 2011 - 10:10 AM, said:

The Versus card yesterday was awesome top to bottom.

I can't believe Kongo knocked out Barry.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.

#35 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:40 PM

I missed it yesterday but plan on catching it after work on Saturday. I don't have any real predictions at this moment, but I will go for Tito Ortiz defeating Ryan Bader in their bout and I'll have to get back to you on what I think will happen later on (or maybe just my post-fight thoughts.)

Just a little while ago on WWE Raw I watched Evan Bourne vs. Sin Cara. I was thinking this would satisfy my cruiserweight starvation but unfortunately it was a little short (no outside interferences though!) There were some good high flying moves and I did feel the reversals were pretty well done. My two biggest complaints were that the match was pretty slow paced and the ending felt like it came out of nowhere.

The Raw Money in the Bank Participants have been announced: Jack Swagger, R-Truth, The Miz, Alex Riley, Rey Mysterio, Alberto Del Rio, Evan Bourne, and Kofi Kingston. I'm betting the winner now with either be R-Truth or Alberto Del Rio (leaning towards Alberto though.) As for who I'd want of the list, I think Kofi Kingston deserves a shot in the main event.
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#36 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:07 PM

Awesome. CM Punk is breaking "kayfabe" on RAW right now.
"I'm breaking the 4th wall!" Lols!
This is epic. Lols ROH and Colt Cabana.
I can't believe Vince is allowing this storyline.

This is almost like when Punk threatened to take the ROH title with him to WWE.

This post has been edited by Prayer Police: 27 June 2011 - 09:12 PM

^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

#37 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:25 PM

That CM Punk promo was freakin' awesome! Obviously it was worked but I could see some of what he said hitting a nerve with Vince and crew. I liked that he mentioned Paul Heyman as a good guy and talked down on John Laurinaitis. I also loved that he said he would take the title with him to ROH or New Japan Pro Wrestling, noticeably TNA or "Impact Wrestling" wasn't mentioned, lol.

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#38 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:40 PM

I can't believe Vince and co. would let him even mention the existence of another promotion.
I'm sure the writers and Punk got the green light. It would be hard to believe it was completely improv.
The mike cut and the no WWE logo at the end was a nice touch.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

#39 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59429

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:16 AM

View PostNinjaJedi007, on 24 June 2011 - 06:27 AM, said:

I saw the Triple H movie on Netflix. Not terrible but still pretty crappy IMO. It was just strange to see a typical WWE bad guy as a sweet & loving father trying to win his daughter back. Sure maybe they wanted to show him as a versatile individual but still... odd choice on their part. Oh, the Big Show movie was sweet though!

Since I haven't watched WWE in a long time, I can't honestly say I have favorite wrestlers currently. I seriously watched wrestling when WWF, WCW, and ECW where are separate entities. Things were more interesting that way when you actually got different action from each. Now it's just a lot of big dudes who are the stars. Bring back the cruiserweights! Young Ultimo Dragon and Rey Mysterio were incredible.

Ultimo Dragon and Rey Mysterio Jr. (in their WCW cruiserweight days) were my two favorite wrestlers ever. That cruiserweight division had so many epic dudes, from Eddie Guerrero to Juventud Guerrero to Psychosis to Chris Jerricho to Dean Milenko. WWE needs to get on some cruiserweight action pronto. At least they brought over Sin Cara, that dude is a technical beast.
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#40 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:48 PM

I would be mindful of the spoilers for next week's Smackdown but honestly I don't think enough people watch here regularly to care about it. If you do, then don't read this post I'm not going to figure out the spoiler tags right now (if there are any.)

Smackdown is taping two episodes and NoDQ.com, a website that I regularly read, has posted all the Smackdown Money in the Bank Participants: Daniel Bryan, Sin Cara, Kane, Wade Barrett, Sheamus, Cody Rhodes, Heath Slater, and Justin Gabriel. Decent line-up in my opinion, I am thankful they spared Mark Henry a spot as it's better to have only one big man in a match like this. Kane is agile enough for a big dude and has proven to be a decent performer in ladder matches (he won the Smackdown M.I.T.B. match last year.) I'm surprised Ted Dibiase Jr. isn't in this match while Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel are. Originally I predicted Sheamus to win, right now I think I'm feeling a victory for Wade Barrett in which I hope it will re-establish him as a top star like he was last year (at least I can hope.) Daniel Bryan would be a great winner as well but I just don't see it right now.

For the high flying spots, I'm thinking we'll see some great spots from Justin Gabriel and Sin Cara and with Cody and Daniel Bryan, they will provide some great technical moments. Sheamus, Wade, and Kane will act as your powermen.

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#41 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:16 AM

All I have to say is Go Punk. My biggist comoplainet about WWE is the fact they don't even regonize other companies. And when they get wrestlers from those companies, they first say they are a "newcomer" when we all know they aren't. ANd they never push them up to the same level as their own wrestlers. (but that one might be debatable). I'm glad WWE's facebook page got littered with complaints about like me about them pulling the plug early. What CM Punk did though brought back a spark of the awesome times during the monday night wars.
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#42 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:32 AM

UFC 132 is tonight. Guess I'm not making it due to work. >:( Anyone planning on watching?

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#43 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:08 PM

View PostSTVO, on 02 July 2011 - 09:32 AM, said:

UFC 132 is tonight. Guess I'm not making it due to work. >:( Anyone planning on watching?

Going to Chammps with the guys. Can't miss Tito getting retired.

#44 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:07 PM

Sucks that Tito won. Overall I enjoyed the whole card.

#45 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:31 PM

A shame I missed the fight yesterday, but I will try to catch the next one. At the risk of sounding like a n00b (well I am), when are we going to see guys like Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir fight again? The cards are still cool to watch but I always enjoy seeing them.

In wrestling-related talk, I wish I could watch TNA (or is it Impact Wrestling, pick a name and stick with it!! Destination X somewhere. To those that don't know much about TNA or the X-Division, the X-Division is very similar in style to the cruiser weight division. Low Ki has returned to TNA recently and he is an amazing wrestler (I'm really ashamed WWE dropped the ball with him as Kaval.) AJ Styles will be fighting Christopher Daniels and Rob Van Dam is taking on Jerry Lynn in a classic feud dating back to ECW. No sports bars are playing it near me, so I'll likely miss it, maybe I'll rent it on Netflix or watch it on Youtube when it becomes available.

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#46 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:39 PM

View PostSTVO, on 03 July 2011 - 10:31 PM, said:

A shame I missed the fight yesterday, but I will try to catch the next one. At the risk of sounding like a n00b (well I am), when are we going to see guys like Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir fight again? The cards are still cool to watch but I always enjoy seeing them.

In wrestling-related talk, I wish I could watch TNA (or is it Impact Wrestling, pick a name and stick with it!! Destination X somewhere. To those that don't know much about TNA or the X-Division, the X-Division is very similar in style to the cruiser weight division. Low Ki has returned to TNA recently and he is an amazing wrestler (I'm really ashamed WWE dropped the ball with him as Kaval.) AJ Styles will be fighting Christopher Daniels and Rob Van Dam is taking on Jerry Lynn in a classic feud dating back to ECW. No sports bars are playing it near me, so I'll likely miss it, maybe I'll rent it on Netflix or watch it on Youtube when it becomes available.

Brock just had surgery so you won't see him until late this year. Mir just fought so you won't see him until later this year.

#47 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:43 AM

View PostSTVO, on 03 July 2011 - 10:31 PM, said:

Sweet!!! RVD vs Jerry Lynn!!?? Two of my favorite wrestlers of all time.
I remember first watching NWA-TNA during its first year when they were weekly Wednesday pay-per-views.
The three-way matches between AJ Styles, Low-Ki (so he's back as Low-Ki and not, as he last appeared, Senshi?), and Jerry Lynn were epic.
Is Christopher Daniels not with ROH anymore and back with TNA/Impact?

UFC132 was a great card!
So many good knock-outs and a great main event.
I'm actually happy for Tito to finally get a win after several years.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

#48 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:14 PM

View PostPrayer Police, on 05 July 2011 - 09:43 AM, said:

Sweet!!! RVD vs Jerry Lynn!!?? Two of my favorite wrestlers of all time.
I remember first watching NWA-TNA during its first year when they were weekly Wednesday pay-per-views.
The three-way matches between AJ Styles, Low-Ki (so he's back as Low-Ki and not, as he last appeared, Senshi?), and Jerry Lynn were epic.
Is Christopher Daniels not with ROH anymore and back with TNA/Impact?

UFC132 was a great card!
So many good knock-outs and a great main event.
I'm actually happy for Tito to finally get a win after several years.

PrayerPolice, if you're reading now, catch Impact Wrestling tonight. Fatal fourway match between Jerry Lynn/Rob Van Dam/Chris Daniels/AJ Styles is happening. Chris Daniels left ROH awhile ago, I'm confused why as reports made it sound like he was unsatisfied with TNA. I'm guessing the old saying "Money talks, people walk" comes into play. I never got to catch the old NWA-TNA matches (though I watched the first ever match which was good.) I started watching a little of TNA when it first came to Spike (most people say it got worse sometime after Kurt Angle arrived.) There is one major problem with that company right now and I'll use one name to describe it: Vince Russo.

Edit: Just watched it, meh a little underwhelming in my opinion. I shouldn't be too surprised considering it's a cable TV match but I thought it would be a little better. I have no doubt the PPV matches will be good though.

This post has been edited by STVO: 07 July 2011 - 08:24 PM

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#49 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:01 AM

Two things

1. Going to Money in the Bank on Sunday in a pretty good section. I will keep chanting "We want ice cream," to see if my demands are met.

2. Will be going to RoH in August. Let's hope I don't get kicked out for smack talking too much.

#50 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 7072
  • Location:Mississippi then New Jersey. Might make ACen 2018 :D

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:03 AM

i like the amature stuff (the ones with like hillbillies and juggalos jumping off thier roofs onto tables and stuff)

X3
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#51 User is offline   bewd7879 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 60057

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:34 AM

View PostSongstressLenne, on 12 July 2011 - 09:01 AM, said:

Two things

1. Going to Money in the Bank on Sunday in a pretty good section. I will keep chanting "We want ice cream," to see if my demands are met.

2. Will be going to RoH in August. Let's hope I don't get kicked out for smack talking too much.

I'll be going to ROH in August too! Missed out on the last one due to Acen, so looking forward to it!

#52 User is offline   Unlucky Slayer 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 30009

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:44 PM

We want ice cream! Have fun at Money in the Bank, Lenne. Wish I could go. =)
In the darkness there is a singular being.

A Spectre of Reality...

#53 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:59 PM

I'm starting to believe Punk will stay after MitB but if not it will suck! He's been on a massive roll lately and has always been a great performer. I wish I was going to be there live but unfortunately I decided to save some money. I will be watching it at City Limits though! I'd like Punk to walk out with the title but I don't think it will actually happen. Also hoping Kofi and Wade Barrett win their respective Money in the Bank matches.

On the TNA side of things, Destination X seemed like a great PPv but from reading the spoilers, this week's show doesn't sound too hot. Hopefully they'll continue the momentum of the PPV somehow but I kind of doubt it at this time. I wish ROH could get on a network like G4 or Versus.

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#54 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:30 PM

View PostSTVO, on 12 July 2011 - 03:59 PM, said:

On the TNA side of things, Destination X seemed like a great PPv but from reading the spoilers, this week's show doesn't sound too hot. Hopefully they'll continue the momentum of the PPV somehow but I kind of doubt it at this time. I wish ROH could get on a network like G4 or Versus.

I heard Destination X was alright.
The Sinclair Broadcast Group bought ROH and I think it's gonna be on the CW and/or My Network TV.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

#55 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:24 AM

Sinclair Broadcast Group does have a TV deal for ROH, but it seems like it is only in limited areas and Chicago is possibly not included.

http://www.sbgi.net/...elevision.shtml

I'm only seeing Champaign and Springfield listed for the Illinois area. I'm all for ROH expanding to television but they need to work on the syndication package or getting on to a more recognized television channel. I'm almost thinking they were better off on HDnet. Well whatever happens, I wish ROH luck.

This post has been edited by STVO: 13 July 2011 - 12:25 AM

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#56 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:49 AM

I'm still behind on TNA but I watched the PPV. Got to say for 35 bucks it was worth it. Espically since I got both showings for that price and Sharkboy and Austin Aeris again. I missed those guys.
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui

#57 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:00 AM

The August show in Chicago Ridge, IL will apparently be the first SBG taping.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

#58 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:27 AM

TNA officially announced they have signed Kid Kash. I'm hoping Destination X will influence TNA to be more of a work rate show, but the two most recent takings aren't showing signs of it. I hope Low Ki and Jack Evans become apart of the main roster. Depending on money and if I work, maybe I'll try to make the ROH taping. It would be interesting to see a non-WWE show live. Also, besides iPPVs, does ROH ever air free matches on their website?

Also, what are your bets for Money in the Bank? I mentioned mine earlier but I'll add that CM Punk may win his match but either Vince McMahon or the Raw MitB winner (who I'm thinking will be Alberto del Rio) will run in, cash-in, and win setting up him vs. Cena at SummerSlam.

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#59 User is offline   bewd7879 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60057

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:37 AM

I would love for CM Punk to show up at the August ROH show with the WWE title, but probably not going to happen.

I also think that CM Punk will win, and MitB winner will cash in.

#60 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:15 PM

They signed Kid Kash again? lol. Just more proof that WWE can't use TNA stars.

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users