#151 User is offline   Unlucky Slayer 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 30009

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:00 AM

Via @CMPunk on Twitter.

http://twitter.com/#...8474368/photo/1

Extreme Rules coming to Chicago the Sunday evening of ACEN.

Perhaps we can convince the Second City Saint to come join us for the fun that weekend?
In the darkness there is a singular being.

A Spectre of Reality...

#152 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:15 AM

Don't forget the UFC is on Friday this week due to New Years.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2014,2016
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ. No winner for the 2015 Hellfire challenge.

#153 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:25 AM

View PostUnlucky Slayer, on 27 December 2011 - 08:00 AM, said:

Via @CMPunk on Twitter.

http://twitter.com/#...8474368/photo/1

Extreme Rules coming to Chicago the Sunday evening of ACEN.

Perhaps we can convince the Second City Saint to come join us for the fun that weekend?

I was at Raw on Monday, it was very cool! I would love for the "Cult of Personality" to come by ACen as well as the rest of the WWE roster (well John Laurinaitis can stay home.) BTW, I figured I should promote this here:

https://www.facebook...33023533479984/

^ In honor of Extreme Rules being in Rosemont the same Sunday as Anime Central, I'm trying to get as many people from ACen as possible to also attend the WWE Extreme Rules PPV. I have a few people who want to do it and there are others considering it, I'm recommending everyone goes to the event in cosplay (I know I will, just debating which cosplay I will use.) I'm thinking of trying to get a group of people to come out together on February 2nd (when the Extreme Rules tickets are open to the public) and buy the tickets either at the All-State Arena or a Ticketmaster location that works best for all of us. Any of you interested, read more on the Facebook Event Page and contact me on there (I'm the host) or on here via PM.

>>Don't forget the UFC is on Friday this week due to New Years.<<

That's right, the return of Brock Lesnar, former WWE Superstar/current UFC bad-@$$! I'm trying to save money (going to be an epic year) but I might swing by BWW after work and watch the match.
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#154 User is offline   Unlucky Slayer 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:20 PM

Man, I would love to go and I'm still really thinking about it, but I'm already burning enough vacation and money for ACEN alone lol. But I'm sure my decision will be helped along later down the road.

A Spectre of Reality...

#155 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:39 AM

Wow Lesnar didn't last long in that match tonight. Hmm... Announces retirement... Strikes a deal with WWE to do a merchandising deal.... Appeared in WWE '12 the video game...... WWE Return? ...... Please?!?

This post has been edited by STVO: 31 December 2011 - 12:39 AM

1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#156 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 December 2011 - 01:00 PM

View PostSTVO, on 31 December 2011 - 12:39 AM, said:

Wow Lesnar didn't last long in that match tonight. Hmm... Announces retirement... Strikes a deal with WWE to do a merchandising deal.... Appeared in WWE '12 the video game...... WWE Return? ...... Please?!?

Won't happen due to him retiring under contract with the UFC.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.

#157 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 46337

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:54 PM

FUNKASURS!!!

This post has been edited by Visadin the insane: 12 January 2012 - 12:54 PM

ACEN 2012 cosplay: white mage (FF), male pokemon trainer (pokemon black)

#158 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:40 PM

View PostVisadin the insane, on 12 January 2012 - 12:54 PM, said:

FUNKASURS!!!

SOMEBODY CALL MY MOMMA! SOMEBODY CALL MY MOMMA!!!!

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#159 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59429

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:59 PM

View PostSTVO, on 12 January 2012 - 11:40 PM, said:

SOMEBODY CALL MY MOMMA! SOMEBODY CALL MY MOMMA!!!!

SO AWESOME
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#160 User is offline   Unlucky Slayer 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:50 PM

I dunno, I still cant wrap my head around that gimmick.

Although what they're doing with Chris Jericho is amazing. Not sure where they want to go with it in the end though.

A Spectre of Reality...

#161 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:01 PM

View PostUnlucky Slayer, on 18 January 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

I dunno, I still cant wrap my head around that gimmick.

Although what they're doing with Chris Jericho is amazing. Not sure where they want to go with it in the end though.

I think it's hilarious. If they brought Brodus Clay back as a destructive monster, it would be boring because we already have Mark Henry and Kane in those roles. He would fade out in no time. At least with this character, he can stand out and has actually provided me and many others with good laughs.

As for Jericho, I really like what he did on Monday. Haha.

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#162 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:13 AM

I wonder if there will be some surprise entrants in the Royal Rumble like last year with Booker T. and "Diesel".
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

#163 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59429

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:13 AM

View PostSTVO, on 18 January 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

I think it's hilarious. If they brought Brodus Clay back as a destructive monster, it would be boring because we already have Mark Henry and Kane in those roles. He would fade out in no time. At least with this character, he can stand out and has actually provided me and many others with good laughs.

As for Jericho, I really like what he did on Monday. Haha.

I agree with my boy STVO on this one. If indeed Brodus had been just another brute, he would have been stale by next week. As it stands, he's unique, comical, and seems to be genuinely enjoying himself. Plus, he's getting pops from the crowds, from what I've seen.
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#164 User is offline   Unlucky Slayer 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:21 AM

Oh I don't disagree with you guys, its just hard to wrap my head around the gimmick. It is funny in a way. I just don't know about it. lol

A Spectre of Reality...

#165 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:10 PM

View PostPrayer Police, on 19 January 2012 - 09:13 AM, said:

I wonder if there will be some surprise entrants in the Royal Rumble like last year with Booker T. and "Diesel".

Right now I'm going to predict Road Dogg Jessie James as he is now an agent within WWE and most recently appeared at the WWE Slammy Awards and perhaps an appearance by X-Pac as he seems to be on good terms with WWE at this moment. Don't look for one from Chyna though, she was slamming Vince McMahon, HHH, and X-Pac on her Twitter yesterday, lol. I'm thinking Mick Foley will get a slot in the Royal Rumble this year and later have a feud with Mr. John Laryngitis for the position of Raw GM. I'm somewhat torn on them returning to 30 men instead of 40. When you had 40, the majority of the roster and the two awesome surprises of Booker T and Diesel were there, but then it also wasted spots to people like Hornswoggle.

One other thing I'd like to mention is how disappointing it is for Evan Bourne to receive a 2nd Wellness Policy Violation just after he received one in November. It really sucks as I enjoyed Air Boom and thought they added a small spark that the tag-team division could have really used. I kind of like the team of Epico and Primo (and their hot manager Rosa Mendes) but in all honesty, unless we see WWE put them on TV more, I could almost see the tag-team division going back to where it was two years ago. I mean having the titles change at a house show isn't a good sign. As for Evan Bourne, I don't see him making it past May in WWE. Honestly, I'm thinking he should be looking into a return to ROH or TNA.

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#166 User is offline   bewd7879 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60057

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:49 PM

Mr. Brother Matt Cage for TNA! :D

I actually saw Matt Sydal's (Evan Bourne) last match in ROH, and it would suck if he's gone from WWE, but it sure seems that way :/ He was good in the MTV Wrestling Society X show too

#167 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:19 PM

UFC on Fox on Saturday.
WWE Royal Rumbles on Sunday. Sounds like a win to me! BTW, I'm getting a few people to go watch Royal Rumble this Sunday at Fox & Hound, here's the event page if you're interested in joining: https://www.facebook...77345852320853/

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#168 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:42 PM

Anyone know where in chicago a bar or some placeis showing the RR?

#169 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:04 AM

UFC on Fox 2 was okay. First match stunk the other 2 were pretty decent, definitely forgettable though. I'll admit though, I wish I was at the United Center. I was tempted to go to Tilted Kilt for a raffle to get tickets, but I would have had to sit through a concert, the weather was bad, and I had work in the morning so I skipped.

Royal Rumble was good for most part. One big complaint I had was the short length of the steel cage match, it deserved way more time then it got. Then we get two way too long segments for The Rock and John Cena. Yes they need to hype Wrestlemania 28, but this is PPV time and money, save this for Raw and Smackdown! Also Sheamus winning The Rumble surprised me, but it works for me.

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#170 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:12 AM

BTW, http://www.wwe.com/nil/blastareas <- all the places that play WWE PPVs. I can confirm Chicago City Limits and Fox & Hound (was there yesterday) play them, but I'd recommend calling the locations that are on the list before you go. In the past they had one place near me listed but when I called, they said they didn't. As far as my next PPV goes, it will be Wrestlemania 28. I'm skipping on Elimination Chamber for a friend's birthday. I will also be attending WWE Extreme Rules in Rosemont on Acen weekend. So for those interested in that, click the link in my sig. Tickets go on sale this Friday, hoping to buy some very soon.

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#171 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:13 AM

View PostSTVO, on 30 January 2012 - 08:04 AM, said:

UFC on Fox 2 was okay. First match stunk the other 2 were pretty decent, definitely forgettable though. I'll admit though, I wish I was at the United Center. I was tempted to go to Tilted Kilt for a raffle to get tickets, but I would have had to sit through a concert, the weather was bad, and I had work in the morning so I skipped.

Royal Rumble was good for most part. One big complaint I had was the short length of the steel cage match, it deserved way more time then it got. Then we get two way too long segments for The Rock and John Cena. Yes they need to hype Wrestlemania 28, but this is PPV time and money, save this for Raw and Smackdown! Also Sheamus winning The Rumble surprised me, but it works for me.

mark henery was working hurt, so that kind of why the cage match lasted as long as it did i think. i do like shamus winning the rumble since i want him to go after d-bryan.

#172 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:46 PM

Cobra vs. Mr. Socko = priceless
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

#173 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

View PostPrayer Police, on 30 January 2012 - 01:46 PM, said:

Cobra vs. Mr. Socko = priceless

i like ADR announcer comming into the ring in a POS car, and the 2 throwbacks of hacksaw and road dog.

Y2J not winning make sence since i rather see him take on undertaker, he won't win a belt at all, and shamus can feud with D-bry.

#174 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:44 AM

Last night's Raw was freakin' awesome! Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk and the return of the Undertaker made it one amazing show!!! I really wish it wasn't going to be Undertaker vs. HHH for a third time, but what can you do? Either way, I'm really looking forward to Wrestlemania 28, should be a good event and I'm sure the Elimination Chamber will be a good PPV.

I'm going to shill this event one last time for the the ACen Forum Members who are also members of the WWE Universe: https://www.facebook...33023533479984/ <-My ACen Extreme Rules Event Page. Either this weekend or early next week I'm hoping to get a bunch of people to either go to a Wal-Mart location that works best for us all or the All-State Arena and buy tickets so we can at least be in the same row. If you want to join, RSVP. Worst case scenario I see is one group buys tickets early the rest can look at the page to see what row we'll be in and they can try to buy tickets near us or at least stand in line to hype the show up with the rest of us.

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#175 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:26 AM

UFC 143 was rather boring except for the main event. Carlos fought five good rounds and everyone learned Nick is not much more than a cry baby.

#176 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:12 PM

Bought my Extreme Rules tickets today!!

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#177 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:33 PM

raw last night was meh, but the Y2J/CM punk frud will be epic.

#178 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

Heading to Extreme Rules. 4th row ringside on the ramp tv side, seats 3 and 4. Call me dedicated or insane, your choice. I went to Raw on the 26th and both signs I had made TV and I also got a high five from Punk.

I hope Miz get more than yelled at for botching the catch for R-Truth. That could have been a career ending spot for Truth.

Also, if you can go to AAW! Great promotion if you love indy curcuits and are the burb area of Chicago.

#179 User is offline   bewd7879 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60057

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:21 PM

Are you cosplaying to Extreme Rules SongstressLenne?

Speaking of indy wrestling....ROH once again has their event the same weekend as Acen :/

#180 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:50 AM

Raw was awful on Monday minus CM Punk/Jericho promo. I really prefer they do something different than Undertaker vs. HHH 3, but if that's what they're doing, so be it. It will be a good match (and the promos already have been good) but I think they should let someone new have the opportunity or even have someone like Randy Orton take him on.

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users