Anime Central Forums: Homestuck 2012 - Anime Central Forums

• 22 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Homestuck 2012 I warned you about acen bro!!!

#31 User is offline   Annoyance 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 33886

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:42 AM

I'm going to 8e Vriska again this time.
8ut now with hoooooooorns!!!!!!!!

https://lh4.googleus..._005%255B1%255D
If any of you went last year, I was the one walking around with an 8 8all 8ut no horns and proooooooo8a8ly no make up. Also smoking. I only had enough for me and Karkat on Friday's shoot.
I may not 8e smoking this year. Quitting is good for you!

I'm looking into PAX paint 8ecaaaaaaaause I'm trying to organize a group of all of the trolls. All of them. PAX paint seems easier to make in mass quantity than 8en Nye worked out to 8e. I could be wrong, though. Help with this would be gr8ly appreci8ted. :::: D

I'm also looking into making that damned ro8ot arm. >:::: ( Just had to 8low off, didn't it? Jeez.

Anyways. No quirk anymore too tired.
But so far my group contains [in order], a possible Tavros, Sollux, Karkat [again. if you remember the tallest Karkat, that was him.], Nepeta, Kanaya [pink dress ver.], Terezi, Vriska [um.], Equius, possible Gamzee [i have like 3 friends saying they're putting one together. it's pretty much a race.], and a possible Eridan. Feferi is another definite on the list.
I'm just missing Aradia I think? I say possible because it's still being decided for them.

Karkat and Vriska are ready to go pretty much.

This post has been edited by Annoyance: 01 September 2011 - 10:47 AM

#32 User is offline   Skogkatt 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 59762

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:25 AM

Please don't smoke. :( I threw up last ACen and I don't want to throw up again. Also, if there are other kids my age, it's not appropriate for us.
ACen 2011: Norway[Hetalia], casual!Prussia[Hetalia], child!Third Doctor[Doctor Who]

vFuture ideas
gijinka!K-9[Doctor Who]60%, gijinka!Intelligence Core[Portal]40%, normal!Jade[Homestuck]50%, Duelist Kingdom!Bakura[YuGiOh]5%, student!Evangeline[Negima!?]50%, Lieutenant!Aizen[Bleach]30%

I'm open for costume-designing commissions!

#33 User is offline   Annoyance 

• Pip

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:06 PM

I don't really see how smoking in a public area is inappropriate, dear... I wasn't telling kids to smoke at all, in fact I was off to the side when I did.

But I promised I'd quit so yeah. Whatevs. RANDOM RANT ON SMOKING.

But yeah, help on PAX paint crap would be awesome since I have such a big group depending on it.

This post has been edited by Annoyance: 02 September 2011 - 08:12 AM

#34 User is offline   AlphaKnight 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 58462

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:06 PM

Have you asked about it in the cosplay thread on the mspa forums? They tend to be extremely knowledgable and nice

#35 User is offline   Annoyance 

• Pip

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:59 PM

Laaaazy =n=

But I tried asking Hanyaan on formspring. Then realized she hasn't said anything for 3 months now. Oops.

Uh.

yeah. I'll probably post some time tomorrow. Was just hoping someone was posting in here.

#36 User is offline   sweetbeanpaste 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 33071

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:36 PM

Well lookie here-Maya and Nia found this thread :P You so need to get me more info on your Panel. My offer still stands and I'd love to help.

So I'm still doing Vriska on Friday, but I'm also considering debuting Jade later this year, and I might bring her out for the Saturday shoot. (The wig I debuted Rose with was a loaner, and I may or may not buy my own by ACEN. The beauty of Vriska and Jade is that they have the same hair :3)
Currently Watching: Supernatural | Currently Constructing: n/a | Currently Playing: n/a | Next Con: DragonCon 2012?
---

~2012: Friday Cosplay- Vriska Serket(Make Her Pay)/Homestuck [100%] | Saturday Cosplay- Princess Zelda/Wind Waker [100%] | Sunday Cosplay- GLaDOS/Portal 2 [100%]
~2011: Saturday Cosplay- Suigintou/Rozen Maiden [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- Kallen Kozuki/Code Geass (Black Knights) [100%] [x]
~2010: Saturday Cosplay- Princess Rosalina/Super Mario Galaxy [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- San/Princess Mononoke [95%] [x]
~2009: Saturday Cosplay- Kouno Tohru/Princess Princess [100%] [x] | Sunday Outfit- Neko [100%]
Other Cosplays Include: Rose Lalonde/Homestuck, Sakura Haruno/Naruto, Random Quidditch Player/Harry Potter, Trace/Onward Bound, Marceline/Adventure Time, Dead Shuffle Jade Harley/Homestuck, Dog Tier Jade Harley/Homestuck, and Dress of Eclectica Jade Harley/Homestuck.
I do have a Facebook! I do commission! Shoot me a message!

#37 User is offline   Aiko☆Noble 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 22845

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:16 PM

I can't say for sure about ACen, but come November I'll be bringing Karkat and sopor & sober Gamzee to Youmacon.
I'm sure one or both of them will make it to ACen, as well. Also hoping to get God Tier!John finished before Youma,
but I have a thousand costumes piled up, so if he's not done for Youma, he'll be at ACen, as well. :) My friend was
Terezi last year, and the shoot looked like so much damn fun, hahaha. I'm glad I'll be cosplaying from HS this year!

:heart:

ACen '12
Gamzee Makara (Homestuck)
Prospit!Gamzee (Homestuck)
God Tier!John (Homestuck)

#38 User is offline   TBKat88 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60995

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:31 PM

Well I'm planning on going as alternate future Dave (female version) with his turntables on Saturday and hopefully jade in her 3 in the morning dress if I get my sewing skills up to par before ACEN 2012 comes. I'm traveling from southern Illinois with some friends for my first ACEN so I hope to meet some awesome Homestuck fans in rosemont.
Anime st. Louis 2012
First ACEN EVER!!!!

Possible list of cosplays
Michiko Malandro - Michiko to Hatchin
Jade Harley- 3 in the morning dress - Homestuck
Fem! Alternate future Dave (hopefully with turntables)- Homestuvk
Fionna (yellow shirt)- Adventure Time

#39 User is offline   xane nightwing 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 57323

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:15 PM

I'm too lazy to read the previous posts.

I'm probably going to be going as normal not-blind Sollux on Friday (provided I can get out of classes for that day...) and human!Sollux on Sunday

Saturday is another costume that is still being worked on and I'm not even sure if I'll be able to get it done, but it's not Homestuck.

oh, and for those who were in the group last year, I was the only Sollux on Friday last year and I was also the one with the notebook for contact info on Saturday night.

#40 User is offline   WeirdKanjiGirl 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59016

Posted 01 October 2011 - 04:26 PM

Hi there guys! It's nice to see some familiar faces around this here thread!

Last year I was the widdle Eridan with Ahab's Crosshairs, and loads of fun was had! I'm really looking forward to hanging out again next year! I plan on being Death from Problem Sleuth on Friday and God Tier Eridan on Saturday! I'm really, really looking to wearing both of these costumes. Maybe I'll bring Life or Monopoly or something for us to play on Friday~

I could use some help with figuring out how to make the God Tier wings and with making a proper mascot head for Death, so any tips on either of those things would be very much appreciated, thanks!

This post has been edited by WeirdKanjiGirl: 01 October 2011 - 04:26 PM

Cosplay Time!
ACen 2009: Madotsuki (Yume Nikki)
ACen 2010: Rinnosuke Morichika (Touhou Project)
ACen 2011: Eridan Ampora (Hivebent/Homestuck)
ACen 2012: Friday: Death (Problem Sleuth)
Saturday: Eridan Ampora (God Tier) (Hivebent/Homestuck)

#41 User is offline   AlphaKnight 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:34 PM

the wings might be hard, and i have no real ideas about them since im inexperienced (wire and stretchy cloth maybe?)
but for Death Id say do what i did for doc (gerbil ball with white coverings) or paper mache might be easier and work just fine for the character.

#42 User is offline   Shueido 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 19585

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:46 PM

View PostWeirdKanjiGirl, on 01 October 2011 - 04:26 PM, said:

Last year I was the widdle Eridan with Ahab's Crosshairs, and loads of fun was had! I'm really looking forward to hanging out again next year! I plan on being Death from Problem Sleuth on Friday and God Tier Eridan on Saturday! I'm really, really looking to wearing both of these costumes. Maybe I'll bring Life or Monopoly or something for us to play on Friday~

I could use some help with figuring out how to make the God Tier wings and with making a proper mascot head for Death, so any tips on either of those things would be very much appreciated, thanks!

Oh, it's so nice to see more non canon god tiers! I'm going to be doing god tier Tavros, probably on Friday and Saturday. I'm not 100% sure on what I'm doing for my wings yet, since I probably won't start working on them until the first of the year. I've seen a method that uses cellophane, which I really like. But I'll be doing some research, and if I find anything that looks good I will have to let you know! =D

#43 User is offline   Inkwell09 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60472

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:00 PM

<3 Another Eridan <3
I'm just being regular Eridan...after Kanaya slices him in half (I will have a Kanaya too!)...
[font="Book Antiqua"] ACen 2014 Cosplays
--Gintoki (Gintama)****MAYBE
--Rin (Free!)
--Mink (DMMD)
--SURPRISE NOSTALGIC COSPLAY

#44 User is offline   WeirdKanjiGirl 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:43 PM

Awesome! I was kind of worried that I was going to be the only non-canon god tier! That would have made me feel kind of awkward. Hopefully we can find some others so we can all get some pics together! Do you know if there's any design in particular you're going to be following? Look around, it may help you with ideas for wings and stuff. And yeah, I saw that tutorial too, but I couldn't really figure out what to do with the cellophane. Are you supposed to put the wire frame between the two pieces of cellophane and then iron it to it melts? I'm somewhat confus.
Woah, Inkwell, are you saying that you're going to get yourself cut in half for your cosplay? That's dedication there, haha! But yeah, last year there were about seven of us Eridans, and I think we were all pretty cool. About half way through the meetup we got together and had a hipster party away from everyone else. It was pretty awesome.
Cosplay Time!

#45 User is offline   Shueido 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:59 AM

View PostWeirdKanjiGirl, on 10 October 2011 - 09:43 PM, said:

Awesome! I was kind of worried that I was going to be the only non-canon god tier! That would have made me feel kind of awkward. Hopefully we can find some others so we can all get some pics together! Do you know if there's any design in particular you're going to be following? Look around, it may help you with ideas for wings and stuff. And yeah, I saw that tutorial too, but I couldn't really figure out what to do with the cellophane. Are you supposed to put the wire frame between the two pieces of cellophane and then iron it to it melts? I'm somewhat confus.
Woah, Inkwell, are you saying that you're going to get yourself cut in half for your cosplay? That's dedication there, haha! But yeah, last year there were about seven of us Eridans, and I think we were all pretty cool. About half way through the meetup we got together and had a hipster party away from everyone else. It was pretty awesome.

Oh yes, I would love it if there were other non canon god tiers too! We could get a group pic, weee! As far as my wing design goes, I was going to try to make them look like the Summoner's wings. Do you have any idea what you're doing for yours yet? Also, I asked a god tier Aradia who used the cellophane method for help, and she was really helpful but I'm still a little confused as well. I think you're right, that you put the wire frame between the cellophane. I'm not totally sure though. But I plan to do some more looking around and asking for help, and maybe do some trial and error, since cellophane is pretty cheap. It will be a little while before I do too much more work with wings, since I'm trying to get other things done first, but I will definately let you know what I find out when I begin working on them!

#46 User is offline   WeirdKanjiGirl 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:47 AM

View PostShueido, on 11 October 2011 - 02:59 AM, said:

Oh yes, I would love it if there were other non canon god tiers too! We could get a group pic, weee! As far as my wing design goes, I was going to try to make them look like the Summoner's wings. Do you have any idea what you're doing for yours yet? Also, I asked a god tier Aradia who used the cellophane method for help, and she was really helpful but I'm still a little confused as well. I think you're right, that you put the wire frame between the cellophane. I'm not totally sure though. But I plan to do some more looking around and asking for help, and maybe do some trial and error, since cellophane is pretty cheap. It will be a little while before I do too much more work with wings, since I'm trying to get other things done first, but I will definately let you know what I find out when I begin working on them!

Oh yeah! Modeling your wings after The Summoner's is a really good idea! I wish Dualscar had wings so I could have it that easy. I've seen a lot of God Tier Eridan designs with somewhat dragonfly-esque wings, which look very good, but I wanted to go for something more angelic to fit with his consorts. I've drawn myself up a pattern and cut it out on some cardboard, but I don't really have anything set in stone yet.
Cosplay Time!

#47 User is offline   Inkwell09 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:08 PM

It's more like I'm gonna draw stitches all over my stomach, and throw in some duct tape and purple or blue bandaids for good measure. XD
--Rin (Free!)
--Mink (DMMD)

#48 User is offline   Shueido 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:02 AM

View PostWeirdKanjiGirl, on 11 October 2011 - 09:47 AM, said:

Oh yeah! Modeling your wings after The Summoner's is a really good idea! I wish Dualscar had wings so I could have it that easy. I've seen a lot of God Tier Eridan designs with somewhat dragonfly-esque wings, which look very good, but I wanted to go for something more angelic to fit with his consorts. I've drawn myself up a pattern and cut it out on some cardboard, but I don't really have anything set in stone yet.

Ooh, good idea! I really like the idea of making your wings angelic, I think that will make them more unique and relevant to Eridan! I'm really looking forward to seeing how your cosplay turns out!

#49 User is offline   JennifurAB 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 59888

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:48 PM

I just recently finally decided on my cosplay for this year, and I'll be going as the hipsterfish. C: I may or may not be bringing a Sollux along, it all depends on if they can get enough money for their ticket and costume.

Also, just curious, but would anyone object to me bringing Faygo or Tab with? :D
ACen 2014: Maya Fey (Ace Attorney series); ACen 2013: Rio/Rachel (Harvest Moon - ANB), Rose Lalonde, Aradiasprite (MSPA - Homestuck); ACen 2012: Problem Sleuth (MSPA - Problem Sleuth)
-----
DA: [X] Tumblr: [X]

#50 User is offline   sweetbeanpaste 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 33071

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:19 PM

What about making the harness out of copper wire and the wings themselves out of foam board (not posterboard) sheets? Like the ones you use for heavy duty school projects?
Big wings look like a pain. I had some small angel wings with my Suigintou cosplay last year and they were WRECKED by the end of the day because people kept walking into them. People these days have no class.
Currently Watching: Supernatural | Currently Constructing: n/a | Currently Playing: n/a | Next Con: DragonCon 2012?
---

~2012: Friday Cosplay- Vriska Serket(Make Her Pay)/Homestuck [100%] | Saturday Cosplay- Princess Zelda/Wind Waker [100%] | Sunday Cosplay- GLaDOS/Portal 2 [100%]
~2011: Saturday Cosplay- Suigintou/Rozen Maiden [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- Kallen Kozuki/Code Geass (Black Knights) [100%] [x]
~2010: Saturday Cosplay- Princess Rosalina/Super Mario Galaxy [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- San/Princess Mononoke [95%] [x]
~2009: Saturday Cosplay- Kouno Tohru/Princess Princess [100%] [x] | Sunday Outfit- Neko [100%]
Other Cosplays Include: Rose Lalonde/Homestuck, Sakura Haruno/Naruto, Random Quidditch Player/Harry Potter, Trace/Onward Bound, Marceline/Adventure Time, Dead Shuffle Jade Harley/Homestuck, Dog Tier Jade Harley/Homestuck, and Dress of Eclectica Jade Harley/Homestuck.
I do have a Facebook! I do commission! Shoot me a message!

#51 User is offline   WeirdKanjiGirl 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:03 AM

View PostJennifurAB, on 19 October 2011 - 07:48 PM, said:

I just recently finally decided on my cosplay for this year, and I'll be going as the hipsterfish. C: I may or may not be bringing a Sollux along, it all depends on if they can get enough money for their ticket and costume.

Also, just curious, but would anyone object to me bringing Faygo or Tab with? :D

As long as it is completely unopened, I don't think anyone would care that much! People would probably appreciate it, it can be really hard to get your hands on that in some places in the midwest. I mean so long as you don't, y'know push it on anyone or accidentally spill on someones costume (that would suck) I know I wouldn't mind!

I've actually been considering making some Homestuck related sweets and/or crafts to give away at the meetups if I have the time. I can't say anything for certain, but is there anything you guys may be interested in being randomly gifted? I made whales with card suits on their flippers for some people at Anime Iowa, and I've seen an awesome tutorial for Scalemate plushies that I'll HAVE to try out at least once. It looks really complicated though! Perhaps in return you guys can give this poor ronery hipsterfish a hug ;v;

This post has been edited by WeirdKanjiGirl: 22 October 2011 - 01:04 AM

Cosplay Time!

#52 User is offline   Inkwell09 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:09 AM

View PostWeirdKanjiGirl, on 22 October 2011 - 01:03 AM, said:

As long as it is completely unopened, I don't think anyone would care that much! People would probably appreciate it, it can be really hard to get your hands on that in some places in the midwest. I mean so long as you don't, y'know push it on anyone or accidentally spill on someones costume (that would suck) I know I wouldn't mind!

I've actually been considering making some Homestuck related sweets and/or crafts to give away at the meetups if I have the time. I can't say anything for certain, but is there anything you guys may be interested in being randomly gifted? I made whales with card suits on their flippers for some people at Anime Iowa, and I've seen an awesome tutorial for Scalemate plushies that I'll HAVE to try out at least once. It looks really complicated though! Perhaps in return you guys can give this poor ronery hipsterfish a hug ;v;

I will give you a hug regardless :3
--Rin (Free!)
--Mink (DMMD)

#53 User is offline   JennifurAB 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:59 PM

View PostWeirdKanjiGirl, on 22 October 2011 - 01:03 AM, said:

Of course the hipsterfish can have a hug ;u;

I was also considering trying to figure out a recipe for sopor pie, but I really have no clue how I would carry a pie around all day (since I won't be getting a hotel room). I found a recipe on tumblr though that used jello and faygo :D
ACen 2014: Maya Fey (Ace Attorney series); ACen 2013: Rio/Rachel (Harvest Moon - ANB), Rose Lalonde, Aradiasprite (MSPA - Homestuck); ACen 2012: Problem Sleuth (MSPA - Problem Sleuth)
-----

#54 User is offline   ☆KYUU 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 25929

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:11 PM

I was considering going as the Windswept Questant to Acen (not sure on the day), but I'm still thinking about it (Probably a 80% chance of a yes). At the very least, I'm going to aim on cosplaying someone from Homestuck.
Cosplays 2012:

Friday:
It's a surprise... (Homestuck)

(...So... I can only go on Friday... )

#55 User is offline   JennifurAB 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 23 October 2011 - 04:54 PM

View Post☆KYUU, on 22 October 2011 - 10:11 PM, said:

I was considering going as the Windswept Questant to Acen (not sure on the day), but I'm still thinking about it (Probably a 80% chance of a yes). At the very least, I'm going to aim on cosplaying someone from Homestuck.

YES. DO IT. :D
-----

#56 User is offline   WeirdKanjiGirl 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:58 PM

View Post☆KYUU, on 22 October 2011 - 10:11 PM, said:

That would be awesome! Last year I think we had a couple Wayward Vagabonds, but I don't think I've ever even seen a Windswept Questant cosplay!, so that would be really cool! Do you have any ideas as to how you're going to construct it, or is it just an idea for now?
Cosplay Time!

#57 User is offline   ☆KYUU 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:49 PM

View PostWeirdKanjiGirl, on 23 October 2011 - 07:58 PM, said:

That would be awesome! Last year I think we had a couple Wayward Vagabonds, but I don't think I've ever even seen a Windswept Questant cosplay!, so that would be really cool! Do you have any ideas as to how you're going to construct it, or is it just an idea for now?

Well, for the face, I already have a white mask with black eyes. I think I'll make the face smooth(aka no nose, instead having it be flat) using paper mache(?). As for the dress, I might just add on strips of cloth to a dress (It'll probably have to be a zipped up one though, to keep the form). The hood might be stuffed or used wire in order to get the pointed shape. Though these are really just ideas. If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. XD;

This post has been edited by ☆KYUU: 23 October 2011 - 10:48 PM

Cosplays 2012:

Friday:

#58 User is offline   WeirdKanjiGirl 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:51 PM

Oh gog, now that the flash update has come out I may just have to try making a God Tier Rose costume! But I already have so much on my plate, I don't wanna overwork myself or bother my mother too much ;A; But it's so awesome!

Kyuu, those sound like some really good ideas! Are you going to able to see out of that mask, or are you going to be going around blind? There was one God Tier Vriska last year who stuffed her hood to get the poof, and it looked really good! It sounds like it would be kind of difficult, but I suggest you at least try it.

Also, why doesn't the ACEN forums have spoiler tags? They would be really useful right now, just in case anyone hasn't seen the EOA flash.

This post has been edited by WeirdKanjiGirl: 25 October 2011 - 12:52 PM

Cosplay Time!

#59 User is offline   ☆KYUU 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:13 PM

View PostWeirdKanjiGirl, on 25 October 2011 - 12:51 PM, said:

Oh gog, now that the flash update has come out I may just have to try making a God Tier Rose costume! But I already have so much on my plate, I don't wanna overwork myself or bother my mother too much ;A; But it's so awesome!

Kyuu, those sound like some really good ideas! Are you going to able to see out of that mask, or are you going to be going around blind? There was one God Tier Vriska last year who stuffed her hood to get the poof, and it looked really good! It sounds like it would be kind of difficult, but I suggest you at least try it.

Also, why doesn't the ACEN forums have spoiler tags? They would be really useful right now, just in case anyone hasn't seen the EOA flash.

I know what you mean, I know want to be so many people... *O*... OTL. Yeah, I'm able to see. The black cloth covering the eyes is opaque from one side, but see-through up close/from another side.

Dat update... <3
Cosplays 2012:

Friday:

#60 User is offline   AlphaKnight 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:01 PM

So I got me a real men's white suit, and my globe head is on the way. Improved Doc Scratch confirmed for 2012
possibly more surprises? who knows

• 22 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users