• This topic is locked

H.O.T.D 2012 Highschool of the Dead

#61 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 61480

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:05 AM

keep this hush hush buttt, push come to shove we can take a few pics in the parking garage on the south side of the conn center. it's got lighting and that "down town tokyo" feel
ACen 2016 cosplays Sith Lord (maybe?) 2 ton 21, Monarch chief Henchman. Minuteman General (fallout4) Sans(?) (undertale)

#62 User is offline   Toreishii 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61495

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

Hi All,
I'm going as Saeko this year, and bring Rei along with me.

#63 User is offline   SinosukeSatarume 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 9449

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:48 PM

View PostNikku, on 15 February 2012 - 07:05 AM, said:

keep this hush hush buttt, push come to shove we can take a few pics in the parking garage on the south side of the conn center. it's got lighting and that "down town tokyo" feel

Or we could have a progressive photo shoot starting in the skywalk and ending in the main parking garage. The stairwells alone would be good for shots.

#64 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 58

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:03 PM

We were thinking about doing some of these shots on Thur, but that is not a bad idea for Fri as well after the main shoot if some want we can do that,
If you ever get lost in the forest, screw it build a house, now you have severely improved your predictimet

#65 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 59630

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:04 PM

View PostSinosukeSatarume, on 15 February 2012 - 07:48 PM, said:

Or we could have a progressive photo shoot starting in the skywalk and ending in the main parking garage. The stairwells alone would be good for shots.

I figured that's how things would roll. We'd hit a few really good areas like the skywalk, parking garage, some hallways, stairwells and maybe the escalators (perfect because when they enter the mall in the manga). We don't have a time limit so we could spend a good few hours having fun with photos and scenery. What do you think, Supreme Kai?

I figure Thursday night can be our practice run and night for getting more desolate shots inside the hotel, Friday can be the day to really explore and use the outside scenery, etc. The goal is to have fun, get tons of pictures (make sure everyone gets photos taken of them) and really get into character. Maybe at 8pm we can run over and ask the Left4Dead crew to collaborate with us? I also asked Allen Castillo to bring his sports car with Highschool of the Dead on it to the photoshoot to take photos with and he said he would ^__^ He's changing the decals in May so we lucked out <3

This post has been edited by C2Queen: 15 February 2012 - 08:15 PM

Anime Central 2016 Cosplay:
  • Asuna - Sword Art Online II: Mothers Rosario (Undine avatar)
  • Kotori - Love Live! School Idol Project (Maid Uniform)

#66 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:52 PM

That sounds a hell of a plan perfect plans all
If you ever get lost in the forest, screw it build a house, now you have severely improved your predictimet

#67 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:15 AM

car for shoot? I'm feeling like i missed something.
ACen 2016 cosplays Sith Lord (maybe?) 2 ton 21, Monarch chief Henchman. Minuteman General (fallout4) Sans(?) (undertale)

#68 User is offline   BeatAngel 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61382

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:12 PM

View PostC2Queen, on 15 February 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

I figured that's how things would roll. We'd hit a few really good areas like the skywalk, parking garage, some hallways, stairwells and maybe the escalators (perfect because when they enter the mall in the manga). We don't have a time limit so we could spend a good few hours having fun with photos and scenery. What do you think, Supreme Kai?

I figure Thursday night can be our practice run and night for getting more desolate shots inside the hotel, Friday can be the day to really explore and use the outside scenery, etc. The goal is to have fun, get tons of pictures (make sure everyone gets photos taken of them) and really get into character. Maybe at 8pm we can run over and ask the Left4Dead crew to collaborate with us? I also asked Allen Castillo to bring his sports car with Highschool of the Dead on it to the photoshoot to take photos with and he said he would ^__^ He's changing the decals in May so we lucked out <3

But we are starting out on the loading docks on friday yes?
a few people as well as myself want too attend another photoshoot at the same time and maybe if this shoot doesn't have a time limit we can meet up somewhere among the mentioned stops above?
'12 Planned cosplays.
Shizuko Heiwajima / 100 % done
Saya takagi 100 %done
LSP 100 %done
Surprise cosplay %50 done

#69 User is offline   ka-chan 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59607

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:40 AM

ewe gosh i havent been on the forums since last year, and even then i wasnt on much...

anyways, i've been spoken for as saeko via c2queen. but i thought id post just for funzies.

and since we're kinda sure itd be a bad idea, my katana that would be perfect for this is staying home. D:

#70 User is offline   SinosukeSatarume 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:27 AM

View Postka-chan, on 17 February 2012 - 12:40 AM, said:

ewe gosh i havent been on the forums since last year, and even then i wasnt on much...

anyways, i've been spoken for as saeko via c2queen. but i thought id post just for funzies.

and since we're kinda sure itd be a bad idea, my katana that would be perfect for this is staying home. D:

You could always use a Boken. That's atleast what Saeko uses in the begining.

#71 User is offline   ka-chan 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59607

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:43 PM

View PostSinosukeSatarume, on 19 February 2012 - 12:27 AM, said:

You could always use a Boken. That's atleast what Saeko uses in the begining.

i probably will, i just gotta steal one from a friend one of these days. o3o

#72 User is offline   SinosukeSatarume 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:45 PM

View Postka-chan, on 19 February 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

i probably will, i just gotta steal one from a friend one of these days. o3o

If you can't get ahold of one in time just let me know. I'll toss one of mine in my Bag'O weapons I'm bringing.

#73 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 59630

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:21 PM

View PostNikku, on 16 February 2012 - 12:15 AM, said:

car for shoot? I'm feeling like i missed something.

Yes. It may sound weird, but take a look at what he'll (Allen Castillo) be bringing to the shoot to take pics with --->

Cars more recent side decal job (Courtesy of Allen Castillo)
Front shot of the car (Courtesy of Allen Castillo)
Side shot before zombies were added to the Shizuka side (courtesy of SoulCrashRon's Photography and Allen Castillo)
Saeko on the side of the car (courtesy of SoulCrashRon's Photography and Allen Castillo)
Another shot of the front (courtesy of SoulCrashRon's Photography and Allen Castillo)

I think now you see why it'll be cool to have.

View PostBeatAngel, on 16 February 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

But we are starting out on the loading docks on friday yes?
a few people as well as myself want too attend another photoshoot at the same time and maybe if this shoot doesn't have a time limit we can meet up somewhere among the mentioned stops above?

Yes, that is correct. Loading Dock A. After the shoot is free for all, so we'll probably be there a good hour and a half depending on how many people show up, etc. I'd hit your other photoshoot and show up for this one afterward, try to change as quickly as possible though and make it to our shoot. Hope to collab with Left4Dead around 8pm when both individual shoots are supposed to end. One of us will have to run over and ask the group to collab with us.

View Postka-chan, on 17 February 2012 - 12:40 AM, said:

Too bad T//T but rules are rules. It's such a pretty Katana. You know me, I'm in love with that thing. Yes, you have been spoken for my dear Saeko-chan.

View PostSinosukeSatarume, on 19 February 2012 - 11:45 PM, said:

If you can't get ahold of one in time just let me know. I'll toss one of mine in my Bag'O weapons I'm bringing.

Bring it just in case to the shoot, never know who might end up needing it =] Never bad to bring extra weapon props.

This post has been edited by C2Queen: 20 February 2012 - 06:24 PM

Anime Central 2016 Cosplay:
  • Asuna - Sword Art Online II: Mothers Rosario (Undine avatar)
  • Kotori - Love Live! School Idol Project (Maid Uniform)

#74 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:36 PM

View PostNikku, on 15 February 2012 - 07:05 AM, said:

There's..really nothing hush hush about that.. people use it for photos all the time. Just be mindful of the vehicles and don't be a dumbbutt like the girl who brought a live taser to their gathering and you should be fine.

#75 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:48 PM

Wow thought that the tazer thing was a rumor

#76 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:39 PM

Unfortunately, it wasn't. :/

#77 User is offline   BeatAngel 

• Pip

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:00 AM

BTW!
I have loads of fake blood if anyone needs some feel free to ask.
'12 Planned cosplays.
Saya takagi 100 %done
LSP 100 %done

#78 User is offline   SinosukeSatarume 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:59 AM

View PostC2Queen, on 20 February 2012 - 06:21 PM, said:

Yes. It may sound weird, but take a look at what he'll (Allen Castillo) be bringing to the shoot to take pics with --->

Cars more recent side decal job (Courtesy of Allen Castillo)
Front shot of the car (Courtesy of Allen Castillo)
Side shot before zombies were added to the Shizuka side (courtesy of SoulCrashRon's Photography and Allen Castillo)
Saeko on the side of the car (courtesy of SoulCrashRon's Photography and Allen Castillo)
Another shot of the front (courtesy of SoulCrashRon's Photography and Allen Castillo)

I think now you see why it'll be cool to have.

Yes, that is correct. Loading Dock A. After the shoot is free for all, so we'll probably be there a good hour and a half depending on how many people show up, etc. I'd hit your other photoshoot and show up for this one afterward, try to change as quickly as possible though and make it to our shoot. Hope to collab with Left4Dead around 8pm when both individual shoots are supposed to end. One of us will have to run over and ask the group to collab with us.

Too bad T//T but rules are rules. It's such a pretty Katana. You know me, I'm in love with that thing. Yes, you have been spoken for my dear Saeko-chan.

Bring it just in case to the shoot, never know who might end up needing it =] Never bad to bring extra weapon props.

Will do. Also thank god live steel is banned at acen. I can see some idiot running around with a real or shitty replica and ruining it for everyone. Personally I can't justify bringing a real one there even if it was legal. My WWII katana is worth about $1200. No way in hell I'm letting that thing get stolen.

#79 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:21 PM

Ok. I have to ask about the taser story. No..really.

#80 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:22 AM

Eh, nothing too big. Girl brought a live taser to one of the horror shoot gatherings. No one was hurt to my knowledge.. but really? Common sense, please use it.

#81 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:29 AM

Now now, This is america!...common sense went the way of the dotto and personal hygenie

#82 User is offline   SinosukeSatarume 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:39 AM

View Postcactusmomma, on 22 February 2012 - 02:22 AM, said:

Eh, nothing too big. Girl brought a live taser to one of the horror shoot gatherings. No one was hurt to my knowledge.. but really? Common sense, please use it.

Actually in most states it legal to carry it in public. However in Illinois you have to have a F.O.I.D. card and you can only carry it at your work or at home. She technically broke the law.

#83 User is offline   xSkylar 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 61556

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

I am planning on making Takagi for this con... SO. I hope so <3
Anime Central 2014
Hanji Zoe [Shingeki no Kyojin]Mama Toad [Thumbelina]

#84 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:16 PM

well, for your bag o' weapons. What you bringing. I'm thinking the hirano's are gonna need like a personal armory

#85 User is offline   SinosukeSatarume 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:46 PM

View PostNikku, on 22 February 2012 - 09:16 PM, said:

well, for your bag o' weapons. What you bringing. I'm thinking the hirano's are gonna need like a personal armory

All depends. For my current cosplay I'll have some weapons either way.

I'll just list what I have and you guys can choose what you want me to bring.

List:

M4 with rails(or traditional handguards w/e you want for the photos)
AK-74un
2 Berettas(Revy's from Black Lagoon to be specific)
Colt 1911
M72 Law Rocket Launcher
Raging Bull revolver
Bokken
Police style pump shotgun(have tons of shells too)
Famas SV1

I understand it's against rules to carry magazines on convention areas and would never just walk around with them. Though for a photoshoot can't we have them? Also I have plenty of magazines for the M4 including 2 C-mags(high capacity mags C-mag picture)

Disclaimer ALL firearms discribed are either Airsoft, wooden, or a plastic childrens toy.

#86 User is offline   SinosukeSatarume 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:52 PM

Also forgot to mention. If you use my stuff as props you will have to listen to me explain firearm safety which should only take 1 or 2 minutes at most. I will teach you how to hold and respect the items described. Not only does it look nice for photos but it also keeps things safe. No I would never bring projectiles for accidental misfires to ever happen but that still doesn't mean you can wave the guns in an unsafe manner.

#87 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:49 PM

http://s69.photobuck...43909PMcopy.jpg

Thought i would post the image of my gun for Kohta its a nerf gun that i painted and modded know its nothing like the real prop guns but its works for me

#88 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:51 PM

Using my friends large air soft rifle, Removing the battery pack (makes it ok to bring and makes it 3 pounds lighter. saddly i can't find an airsoft of the gun he use's often.

#89 User is offline   xSkylar 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 61556

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

I bought my materials today to make Takagi... SO... it is happening totally now XD
Anime Central 2014
Hanji Zoe [Shingeki no Kyojin]Mama Toad [Thumbelina]

#90 User is offline   BeatAngel 

• Pip

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:58 PM

View PostxSkylar, on 23 February 2012 - 10:21 PM, said:

I bought my materials today to make Takagi... SO... it is happening totally now XD

which version of her are you doing?
'12 Planned cosplays.
Saya takagi 100 %done
LSP 100 %done

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users