Anime Central Forums: Anime World Chicago - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Anime World Chicago Registration is Open!

#31 User is offline   DDR Syn 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 37348

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:22 PM

I'm going to go to this one, because I would love to see how it turns out. I'm too active on their forums though! xD I need more people to be random with!
But it seems like a real cool con.
Poke'mon friend code: 1634 5160 8904
Name: Syn
Have at me!
Currently looking for Treecko AND Cyndaquil

#32 User is offline   bewd7879 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 60057

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:50 PM

I'm hoping to go to this, since I want to go to a non-Acen convention, and I'm limited to stuff in the state. Probably just 1 day, but we'll see

Hoping to get registered on the forum soon so I can post, and maybe possibly win a badge :D

#33 User is offline   Mock-Kappa 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3036
  • Location:A branch of the Miskatonic University in Sugar Grove, IL.

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:19 AM

As I posted in the threads for Kollison Con and Anime Midwest, Has anyone posted information on other anime forums( I.E: Animenewsnetwork, Funimation,etc.) to get the word out about the con?
I don't walk to the beat of a different drummer, I have a whole band including bagpipes.
Undisputed King of the ACen Kaiju Fans. Eater of Spam.
General of the Men's Pocky Garrison
"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'. " -Dave Barry-
Santa is watching you.
Con outlook for 2016: Karoshi-con 2016, C2E2, ACen 2016, Anime Midwest 2016 (staff), G-Fest, and Con Alt Delete?(staff)
ACen Cosplay outlook 16: End of Days Santa?,Professor Birch (Pokemon), Jagaur D. Saul (One Piece), Gummy(MLP).

#34 User is offline   MontelMaverick 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60698

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:31 AM

I want to go to Anime world but due to my busy schedule,I may only go for just one day. I don't which day I should go.

#35 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:50 PM

*sigh* I cannot go. Alas, maybe next year.T_T
ACen 2017 Cosplay
Friday: General Esdeath (Akame Ga Kill!) (98% d/t touch ups and re-doing sword)
Saturday: Major Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell ARISE variant] (100%)
Sunday: Either Major Motoko Kusanagi from GITS S.A.C. 2nd GIG or Esdeath again. Help me decide D;
RIP Origa <3

COME SEE MY PANELS!!!

"Let's Form a Stand Alone Complex!" Saturday, 12:30 PM – 2:15 PM Panel Room 13 DESCC
"My Ghost Whispers, Therefore I am" Saturday, 3:45 PM – 5:30 PM Panel Room 13

#36 User is offline   cloudacmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17980

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:13 PM

If i have the time and money, I'll try and make it.
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloudacmaster
Cosplays did not happen in 2009, thanks to finals. Things are not looking good in 2010 either :/ I may not make it til Acen until Sat. evening.
Forum Doctor and Forum weather man!

#37 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:54 PM

Be there.
I'll be throwing a room party on Saturday.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

#38 User is offline   Fimbulvinter 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58831

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:40 PM

I'll be attending Sunday for this.

Although I find the whole "parent or guardian consent form" a bit odd.
!*~ACen 2015 Cosplays~*!

Kirishima Ayato- Tokyo Ghoul
Luvoratorrrrry! Kagamine Rin- Vocaloid
Nishinoya Yuu- Haikyuu!!
Foxfire Ahri- League of Legends

#39 User is offline   Animexcel 

• Production Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 80

Posted 16 August 2011 - 02:07 PM

Not sure if i'm going to this.

This post has been edited by Animexcel: 16 August 2011 - 02:16 PM

ACen Mascot Artist

#40 User is offline   dorkatlarge 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 6912

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:32 PM

Might have attended on Friday, but I was busy with a board/card game group. So I missed the Anime Hell and Midnight Madness events.

Did go on Saturday. Felt rather annoyed trying to find the hotel, which was hidden in between two other Mariott hotels on Higgins Road. I didn't know it was a five minute walk from the Cumberland stop on the Blue Line. After finally getting there, it was a small and mostly calm event. No horrendous lines or delays. There wasn't too much going on, so I had plenty of time to talk with other fans, browse artist alley and dealers room, watch two episodes of Heartcatch Precure, and hang out in the video game room. Someone brought custom/homebrew carts, including Megaman Ultra and the fan translated version of Dragon Quest 5!

Had other plans for today (Sunday), so I did not attend. Overall, this was a good place to be on a somewhat rainy Saturday, but I felt like I'd had enough by the middle of the evening.

#41 User is offline   bewd7879 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:45 PM

I thought the con was awesome! There was quite a bit of downtime for me though since at times there weren't any panels or things going on that I was interested in. The few things I did go to were great though! Also was hoping there would be a lot more cosplayers, but maybe next year when word spreads. I would totally go again

#42 User is offline   cloudacmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17980

Posted 21 August 2011 - 09:43 PM

I went on Saturday and had a blast! I had fun at the panels, game room and masquerade.

Wish I could've stayed longer but I had work at 7 am on Sunday. I crossplayed as Sailor Venus for the day.
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloudacmaster
Cosplays did not happen in 2009, thanks to finals. Things are not looking good in 2010 either :/ I may not make it til Acen until Sat. evening.
Forum Doctor and Forum weather man!

#43 User is offline   Soy Sauce 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 4725

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:44 PM

Went only on Saturday as Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad.

Overall the con was nice for a first timer. The space was the right size, panels and events handled on their own, and the game was good (go Geek.kon!). I went to the Ninja Ninja Challenge and the masquerade. Both were pretty entertaining. There was barely any complaints. Maybe 2-3 things, but that's me being a little picky. I'll be interested going next year. Hopefully I'll be more ready to perform a skit in the masquerade.
SoyCon 8 | The Island Paradise
July 18-19, 2015 in Rolling Meadows, IL
Join us on Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter as well!

#44 User is offline   Inkwell09 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60472

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:50 PM

This is a bit off-topic, but I heard a rumor (possibly a fact) that Anime World would be hosting conventions in New York, Chicago and Indianapolis in 2012. (Just wondered if someone could clarify this, since I would be interested in attending the Indy one...)
[font="Book Antiqua"] ACen 2014 Cosplays
--Gintoki (Gintama)****MAYBE
--Rin (Free!)
--Mink (DMMD)
--SURPRISE NOSTALGIC COSPLAY

#45 User is offline   bewd7879 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:28 PM

According to AWC facebook post recently, they will have conventions in Chicago, Indianapolis, and Minneapolis in 2012 :D

I also uploaded a few videos from AWC on my youtube page. Mostly from the Ninja Ninja Challenge, Mortal Kombat motion capture team and Vic Mignogna stuff

http://www.youtube.com/user/dx7879

#46 User is offline   Inkwell09 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60472

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:35 PM

Awesome! I would rather attend the Indianapolis one since...Chicago is a 5 hour drive...and Indy is not XD (I'll drive the 5 hours for ACEN...but twice a year is a bit much for me...)
[font="Book Antiqua"] ACen 2014 Cosplays
--Gintoki (Gintama)****MAYBE
--Rin (Free!)
--Mink (DMMD)
--SURPRISE NOSTALGIC COSPLAY

#47 User is offline   bewd7879 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:39 PM

I totally understand. Hotels are expensive, which is why I'm trying to just hit up whatever Anime Convention I can in IL this year. Acen and Anime World Chicago are both about a 40 minute drive for me, so I don't have to stay at a hotel.

#48 User is offline   tfcreate 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 115

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:15 PM

Went there... did that.... had a blast! Ran into a lot of people who knew me.... which is kind of awkward since I didn't remember most of them...... :unsure:
If they hold it there again next year, everything's going to look different. The hotel is undergoing a multi-million dollar renovation. From the plans I saw, it's going to be PHENOMENAL! :thumbup:
Posted Image
Here are a few snaps from the con.
http://cosplayphotoc...hp?/category/44

This post has been edited by tfcreate: 02 May 2012 - 02:58 AM

Decide on your masters, people, for you cannot serve both. Either be an anime con or be a 3-day frat party. (I'm Done with ACen.)
Those who can't be bothered with the little things can't be trusted with the big ones.... ~Larry Bell-Founder of the Bell Aircraft Co.
Any fool can learn from his own mistakes. The wise learn from the mistakes of others....~ Democritus
Posers worry about how they look when they take pictures, shooters worry about the how you look when they shoot.
ACen and cosplay photos
How I Spent ACen 04' Making these.....
(2012)
Next Photoshoot~ Anime Iowa

#49 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 59630

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:11 PM

I heard from a friend who attended both Ramencon and AWC that AWC wasn't as good as Ramencon. Both were first year conventions held the same weekend. The turnout for Ramencon was 1500 people, AWC I'm not sure what their attendance was. But Travis Willingham was hysterical at Ramencon. AWC I heard was kind of kid oriented. If you aren't one for wanting to be around a lot of kids I don't know if AWC is really a good place to be. (Not trying to give it bad rap or anything) Travis was making some sexual jokes at Ramencon, there was a bit more adult/teenage like humor at Ramencon. I'm curious if next year AWC and Ramencon will be the same weekend again since Ramencon is technically picking between three different weeks when to host it again. Some people said AWC was loads of fun ~ but most of my friends and more famous cosplayers from ACEN went to Ramencon. I was actually going to go to AWC but too many of my friends went to Ramencon so I went there instead and definitely didn't regret it. Does anyone who attended Anime World Chicago have anything phenomenal to say about it? People were ecstatic at Ramencon for it being a first year convention. From what everyones been saying it sounds like AWC wasn't a super memorable time ;___;
Anime Central 2016 Cosplay:
  • Asuna - Sword Art Online II: Mothers Rosario (Undine avatar)
  • Kotori - Love Live! School Idol Project (Maid Uniform)

#50 User is offline   bewd7879 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:43 PM

I thought AWC was awesome, but there was a bit of downtime when there were no interesting panels going on. Also, the dealer room wasn't all that great. The panels I did go to were well worth it though. I don't regret going to it at all, and will most likely go again next year. Also...THIS [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bayU6MoY6mI[/media]

#51 User is offline   Kasemei 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 5705

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:12 AM

Hey there! I'm actually the Department Head of Promotions and Special Events for AWC next year. I ran Volunteers and Special Events this past year. If you went to the Dessert Party or Guest Cafe or volunteered, that was my doing. :) I stumbled upon this thread while randomly coming back to the ACen forums and just wanted to thank those of you who came! We had a GREAT year and we were really glad so many people came and attended! You made the weekend amazing, and the con hotel even told us that they were so happy to have such a well behaved event be hosted at their convention.

I wanted to address a few quick things that were mentioned in this thread to clear up any questions. If you have any questions, please feel free to post here or message me privately. Also, if you have any feedback you’d like to give to the con, we’d love to hear it! Please feel free to send any comments to info@animeworldexpos.com!

1. Parental Consent Form: A lot of conventions actually require a parental consent form. This is just to protect the convention from liabilities. Parents will sometimes allow their children to attend conventions unsupervised and then blame a convention for the actions of a specific teenager. Anime conventions are not supposed to be responsible for individual children and as such it’s a disclaimer ensuring that parents know that so we can avoid problems later down the road.
2. Hotel Location: I’m sorry you had a problem finding the hotel. We had posted a post on the Facebook and website discussing directions to the hotel and easy methods to get there. We will definitely try to make directions more clear in the future for attendees. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!
3. Other AnimeWorld Chicago conventions. We are going to be hosting conventions in Minneapolis, Indianapolis, and Chicago next year. The date for AnimeWorld Chicago has been set for August 3rd-5th, 2012 and AnimeWorld Minneapolis has been set for September 14th-16th, 2012. We have not set the date for Indianapolis yet, but we will start getting the word out as soon as we get more information. Please stay tuned to the facebooks and www.animeworldchicago.com!
4. Ramencon Date Conflict: We ended up on the same weekend as Ramencon completely by accident. It was an unfortunate occurance and we should not be conflicting with them next year.

Again, thank you all for those to attended and we hope to see you all and more people next year!
Floating around the forums every so often.

Cosplays for 2011: Ciel Phantomhive Ballgown from Kuroshitsuji, Toph Bei Fong Fire Nation Disguise from Avatar: The Last Airbender, Revolutionary Girl Utena Schoolgirl outfit, and Meiling Hong from the Touhou Project.

#52 User is offline   emileighmorgan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 61704

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:39 PM

It's very tempting to go, however I live about five hours away...
I think there's going to be a con near my house that time anyways.

#53 User is offline   Brent J. Warren 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 192

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:43 AM

View Postemileighmorgan, on 01 May 2012 - 10:39 PM, said:

It's very tempting to go, however I live about five hours away...
I think there's going to be a con near my house that time anyways.

You can hit up AnimeWorld Indy next month! http://animeworldexpos.com/indy/
Brent J. Warren
Ops "Number1" Second ACen 1998-99_Security 2nd ACen 1998-2000
Staff Suite DH ACen 2001,2005-2007
Hospitality DH ACen 2002-2004
Chief of Staff ACen 2008-2009
HCSR - Hotel Convention Site Relations ACen 2011
M.A.P.S. President / C.E.O. 2008-2011
M.A.P.S. Board Member 2006-2012

#54 User is offline   Cmdr_Crimson 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 56794

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:54 PM

I am curious as an ACen Veteran since it's at the same hotel ACen uses to host the con. Where is the Exhibitor hall for this since it's not at the convention center? Is it in one of the Banquet rooms that's used during the Masquerade?

This post has been edited by Cmdr_Crimson: 15 June 2012 - 04:55 PM

ACen 2017
Hotel - Hyatt (The central Hub)
Cosplays
Great Sayianman DBZ
Trunks Dragonball GT
King Mickey Royal Attire
Mickey Theme Park Outfit

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic