Anime Central Forums: Hallway Contest Feedback 2011! - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Hallway Contest Feedback 2011! Let me know what you guys want!

#1 User is offline   ThatOneChick 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 2371

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:01 PM

Hey guys! First off, I want to thank EVERYONE who entered the Hallway Contest this year. We had an amazing turn out.

Second, I would like to hear what you guys thought about that Hallway Contest this year! I would like to restructure a few things and change around the rules/awards.

What would you guys like to see different? What do you want to stay the same? Which awards would you like to see removed or added?

Rules and Awards: http://www.acen.org/...y-contest-info/

This post has been edited by ThatOneChick: 24 May 2011 - 07:06 PM

Don't forget the rabies. Everything taste better with rabies. YAY rabies!

JessiePridemore.com Cosplay deviantART

#2 User is offline   Tokoz 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 18712

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:41 PM

I'd like to say thank you for running the Hall contest. :) I'm in a bit of a cosplay vacuum in my hometown and really look forward to talking to others about my projects, even for so short a time as we inevitably have with the judges. I really appreciate all the hard work that goes into putting the contest together. :)

The only thing I can think of to change about the hall cosplay contest is to maybe offer a chance for the contestants to receive feedback/critiques from the judges after the winners are announced. I'd like to know (if anybody can remember. I know it's tough with everything else going on) what worked and didn't work on my costume.

#3 User is offline   ThatOneChick 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 2371

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:12 PM

They do take notes. I will see what I can do about that. :3 Thank you for your feedback!
Don't forget the rabies. Everything taste better with rabies. YAY rabies!

JessiePridemore.com Cosplay deviantART

#4 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:18 PM

I agree that it would be nice to get feedback. :) Since I never got a call I'm guessing I didn't win anything, so I'd like to know how I can improve!

Thanks again for getting me through so quickly, I made it to my shift just in time! Next year hopefully I'll be able to get over with a little more time to visit instead of having to rush off to work.

Many kudos to you and your judging team!
Event Accessibility Services staff for ACen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Anime Milwaukee 2017: Philip (Kamen Rider W), Karma (Assassination Classroom)
C2E2 2017: Philip (Kamen Rider W), Hiiro Kagami (Kamen Rider Brave), possibly Ghostbuster (if I have my panel), maybe Neptune (RWBY)
ACen 2017: Philip (Kamen Rider W), Hiiro Kagami (Kamen Rider Brave), Gou Shijima (Kamen Rider Mach), Karma (Assassination Classroom), Neptune (RWBY)
Definite 2017 cons (no cosplay plans set as of yet): Uchi-con, NWI Comic Con

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My cosplay / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#5 User is offline   MisakiMise 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 32365

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:20 PM

I didn't participate this year but I want to next year. And I was wondering, what kind of questions do the judges ask?
thankyou.^ ^

ACen 2014 ideas
?????

deviantART|Flickr

#6 User is offline   Rori 

• PipPip
  • Member No.: 4904

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:03 AM

View PostKnitChick, on 26 May 2011 - 08:18 PM, said:

I agree that it would be nice to get feedback. :) Since I never got a call I'm guessing I didn't win anything, so I'd like to know how I can improve!

Agreed. :)
あなたが考えているほど世界はひどくないから。
Spam Poison

#7 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59630

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:33 AM

View PostKnitChick, on 26 May 2011 - 08:18 PM, said:

View PostRori, on 21 August 2011 - 08:03 AM, said:

Agreed. :)

I third that notion! =^o^=

Does anyone know what cosplays won what for the Hallway contest? Kind of curious what sort of cosplays won to get an idea of what sort of competition everyone has =o I'm assuming it's kind of private information...
Anime Central 2016 Cosplay:
  • Asuna - Sword Art Online II: Mothers Rosario (Undine avatar)
  • Kotori - Love Live! School Idol Project (Maid Uniform)

#8 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:40 PM

It was really nice being able to show off the work that was put in on our costumes without having to go through the whole ordeal of the masquerade (busy schedule, etc).. My daughter was thrilled that both she and her friend got awards for the kids division, even recognizing that their hard work on their costumes was appreciated even on a technical level.

Will you be putting up all the hallway contestant pictures? I saw a Borgia family on the way out of the room that made me so, so, SO happy.

#9 User is offline   Darko 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 18698

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

let my helmet in D:
Acen2014 - Creator Viktor - League of Legends
ACen 2013- Artorias the abysswalker -Darksouls
Apocalypse year ACen 2012-DEADMAU5 RAINBOSS- CustomLED Helmet

Questions about props?Email me . Details on my profile

#10 User is offline   Kisa_Bunnie 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62132

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:22 PM

View Postcactusmomma, on 30 April 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

It was really nice being able to show off the work that was put in on our costumes without having to go through the whole ordeal of the masquerade (busy schedule, etc).. My daughter was thrilled that both she and her friend got awards for the kids division, even recognizing that their hard work on their costumes was appreciated even on a technical level.

Will you be putting up all the hallway contestant pictures? I saw a Borgia family on the way out of the room that made me so, so, SO happy.

Hey I was one of the Borgia's! :) congrats to your daughter and her friend for winning Kids!
WELL THERE YOU GO

#11 User is offline   Kisa_Bunnie 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62132

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:29 PM

I think it would be wonderful if the feedback was available. It would be nice to know what was good and what could have used improving! I like the Hallway awards and think they should remain the same, however I think the masquerade should be changed to allow american based cosplay. I know the masquerade is already huge and adding another category would only make it bigger, but so many people put time and effort into cosplay that is not Japanses/Korean it should have the same opportunity to be judged/shown off.

Thanks for running the Hallway contest! It was a ton of fun and I'm sure everyone appreciates the hard work that went into it
WELL THERE YOU GO

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users