Anime Central Forums: Acen 2012 Cosplays! - Anime Central Forums

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Acen 2012 Cosplays! Who already knows what they're doing next year?

#121 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:45 PM

View PostBulma Briefs, on 14 June 2011 - 07:09 PM, said:

Hmmm....I may have to find a way to go as Dorothy or talk one of my friends into being Dorothy...and I MIGHT be able to talk my boyfriend into going as Beck.

Yay! I'd love to see a Dorothy and if feasible, an Angel, Daustin, and Norman. If possible, a Big O would be cool too, haha. If I didn't have commitments to the Doug Funnie group, I'd consider being a Big O character. :)
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#122 User is offline   ::Blood_Lust:: 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 14403

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:35 AM

View PostC2Queen, on 02 June 2011 - 11:27 PM, said:

I'll be happy to see an Izumi! ;o; Full Moon O sagashite was one of my favorite manga's when I was younger -^o^- I adored Mitsuki, she was an idol to me and I would draw her constantly and try to be just like her with my values. Her name was the first username I ever used for a forum I joined ^__^ She is on my list of things I might end up doing, but I feel like with so little people knowing her people will not be excited as much as for other cosplays u//u;

For 2012 I will be debuting as 2 different versions of C.C. from Code Geass! Both the Pilot version from the first season (which I was shocked to see NO ONE in this year) and the Black Knights version (I know, it's a little overdone but still classic) I'll have a pretty large amount of CG cosplayers walking with me =] This year I was one of two people who was in the Empress Dress from the Artbook. I was at the CG photoshoot on Saturday. I also debuted as Stocking from Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt and was in the black dress and had a glowing sword prop =] (I didn't expect to see so many PSWG cosplayers this year) For 2012 me and my friend Ka-chan (Panty) will be debuting as the Angel Versions of Panty & Stocking and plan to have lots more LED's for our costumes then we did this year ;D Also! I will be doing Yuki Cross/Kuran Luxurious Lolita Version from Vampire Knight and I should be with a Hanabusa, Mr. Idol himself xD Then Keiko Yukimura from Yuyu Hakusho to match my Yusuke =] I also plan to be Merry Nightmare from Yumekui Merry I'm hoping Dash (Darko) will be Chaser John Doe! ;o; Check my Signature to see pics in the links. (there may be more cosplays to come as the con draws closer)

OMG T___T I was looking around the forum for other CG cosplayers. I'm so glad I found you.

I'm planning to go as Anya in her KoR uniform but was slowly getting discouraged because not a lot of people were cosplaying from CG.
I want to say that I'm going for sure but with college and stuff (and money flying back and for the ticket I'm not sure)..
I hope to see you there as C.C ^___^
Also hope I'm not trying to review a somewhat inactive topic...

#123 User is offline   Bulma Briefs 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 11893

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:56 PM

View PostSTVO, on 14 June 2011 - 08:45 PM, said:

Yay! I'd love to see a Dorothy and if feasible, an Angel, Daustin, and Norman. If possible, a Big O would be cool too, haha. If I didn't have commitments to the Doug Funnie group, I'd consider being a Big O character. :)

Actually, I asked my boyfriend about going as Beck and he said he'd rather go as Daustin. It'll be his first time cosplaying so it should be a lot of fun. His big cosplay for this next year is Gato from Gundam 0083, which is funny because he doesn't do well in really crowded places so he said if anything he'd be in character all the time. "You're wasting my time!" Lol.
ACen 2014 Cosplay
Bulma Briefs - Bunny costume (Dragonball)<--Saturday

#124 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:48 PM

View PostBulma Briefs, on 21 June 2011 - 02:56 PM, said:

Actually, I asked my boyfriend about going as Beck and he said he'd rather go as Daustin. It'll be his first time cosplaying so it should be a lot of fun. His big cosplay for this next year is Gato from Gundam 0083, which is funny because he doesn't do well in really crowded places so he said if anything he'd be in character all the time. "You're wasting my time!" Lol.

Beck would be cool, but I'm a little more pleased he's going with Daustin, one of my favorite characters. :) I'm excited for the possibility of a Big O group regardless who you have or don't have in it.
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#125 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:52 PM

I'm hoping that if I lose enough weight to do a group cosplay with my friends to do the main characters from Sket Dance
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2017 and progress made

Greg Universe (5% complete)

#126 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 17338
  • Location:Wanted in the Seireitei for impersonating Byakuya Kuchiki

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:33 PM

View PostDarko, on 03 June 2011 - 09:11 PM, said:

ive only ever seen 1 Big O cosplay in my many years of cosplay searching. they dont come very often sadly :[

Hey, I was R. Dorothy one year (2008, I think)! Where was everybody?

Seriously, though, Alan Gabriel is under serious consideration (like so many other ideas, he's been put off very often); I love his insanity (and his metal hand). In fact, let me make a consolidated list...

**Definites or serious: Boogiepop Phantom, Alan Gabriel (Big O), a Bleach cosplay (Ise Nanao, Soi Fong w/ released Suzumebachi, or Bount Yoshi)

**Maybes: Yumi (Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi), Theresa (Fable games), Saint Tail

The Human Tachikoma's out for now; that'll take a heck of a lot of work. I'm also retiring a couple of cosplays, including Angel L (*sob*).
ACen 2017 Cosplays:

Friday: Trainer May (Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire) :: Saturday: Tachikoma (Ghost in the Shell: SAC)

#127 User is offline   Keans 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 57580

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:51 PM

Wow, Lots og Big O! Fans here, I was not expecting that. I guess I might start a Big O! Gathering thread. xD
ACEN 2012:
Big O! - Roger Smith
Fairy Tail - Gajeel

ACEN 2013 - Gene Starwin(Outlaw Star)
Go check my FB Album and give me suggestions!!!
[/size]Facebook DeviantArt

#128 User is offline   Femme Fatale 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7220

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:13 PM

Update: I will not be doing the "Wedding" version of Miku Hatsune. Instead it will be the "Cantarella" version of her. So look for me cosplaying it on Saturday!
Excel's Big Sis

Coming Soon to ACen 2018

Yukata versions of Junko Enoshima (Danga Ronpa - Friday) and Miku Hatsune (Saturday)

#129 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17338
  • Location:Wanted in the Seireitei for impersonating Byakuya Kuchiki

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:27 AM

She's making a list
Checking it twice
Gonna find out whether or not I can make up my &*%#ing mind about which cosplay I want to wear for ACen 2012, despite the fact that she has lots of time...
(deep breath)
Kusa-nagi is comin' to town (Rosemont, to be exact)

Holy crap, though. *points at sig list* I've never made cosplay plans so early before. Still a little tentative, of course, since I have a lot of anime-watching to do (*thanks online friends for their recommendations*), but most, if not all of them are looking pretty definite even at this point. Also, I find it awesome that a majority of my cosplays--for 2012--turned out to be shinigami, hence the list title.

Byakuya in particular might be part of a group my friends are organizing for one day (there may be a Gin Ichimaru, an Unohana, and a Yoruichi...I know, a weird mix of characters), and being the prop floozy I am, my imagination went into overdrive when I thought about how I could make a more 'melodramatic' version of his Senbonzakura so that it actually looks like it's releasing. That, and I also felt like crossplaying again; I've been cosplaying a lot of girls lately (Link and L excluded). I forgot you could pretend to be a boy.

This post has been edited by KusanagiRobin: 05 July 2011 - 01:48 AM

ACen 2017 Cosplays:

Friday: Trainer May (Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire) :: Saturday: Tachikoma (Ghost in the Shell: SAC)

#130 User is offline   *McManray* 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 26939

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:31 PM

I'm torn between two costumes and I have a hunch I'll only have the times and funds to make one so I was hoping you guys could help me narrow it down
Madame Vastra from Doctor Who http://i276.photobuc...dame_vastra.jpg
Lady Oscar from Rose of Versailles http://i253.photobuc...%20Oscar/07.jpg

This post has been edited by *McManray*: 06 July 2011 - 02:32 PM

ACen 2014 // Dr. Krieger's Virtual Girlfriend
ACen 2011 // Utena Tenjou // Elsea de Lute Irma // Yuki Talho
ACen 2010 // Cécile Croomy // Ritsuko Akagi // Melfina
ACen 2009 // Officer Jenny
ACen 2008 // Speed Racer // Anju Maaka

#131 User is offline   kimuhalu 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 17064

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:00 PM

View Post*McManray*, on 06 July 2011 - 02:31 PM, said:

I'm torn between two costumes and I have a hunch I'll only have the times and funds to make one so I was hoping you guys could help me narrow it down

Oscar! I'd love to see her. B)

This post has been edited by kimuhalu: 06 July 2011 - 03:01 PM

Kamen Rider Decade (Inspired Outfit) (Kamen Rider Decade) 4%

Twitter :: My Figure Collection :: My Cosplay Blog :: ACen 2014

#132 User is offline   Femme Fatale 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:15 PM

Ok I can't make up my mind. Cantarella Miku or Wedding Miku. I can't think straight. So for now it will be Camellia Miku, and I'll make a decision soon as to who I really want to be.
Excel's Big Sis

Coming Soon to ACen 2018

Yukata versions of Junko Enoshima (Danga Ronpa - Friday) and Miku Hatsune (Saturday)

#133 User is offline   *McManray* 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 26939

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:06 PM

View Postkimuhalu, on 06 July 2011 - 03:00 PM, said:

Oscar! I'd love to see her. B)

Either way I get fun prop swords, but I think I'm choosing Oscar! I'm sure the 18th century military jacket is going to be a huge time-suck, but it'll be so worth it...and it won't rely on my somewhat mediocre mask-making abilities :)
ACen 2014 // Dr. Krieger's Virtual Girlfriend
ACen 2011 // Utena Tenjou // Elsea de Lute Irma // Yuki Talho
ACen 2010 // Cécile Croomy // Ritsuko Akagi // Melfina
ACen 2009 // Officer Jenny
ACen 2008 // Speed Racer // Anju Maaka

#134 User is offline   Femme Fatale 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:16 AM

Ok back to Cantarella!
Excel's Big Sis

Coming Soon to ACen 2018

#135 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60765
  • Location:Hiding In your pantry. What? I get hungry watching you!

Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:03 PM

I'm going to cosplay Sakura Haruno! I just need to figure out how to make her top! Anyone got tips? I really need help. And so you know i kinda suck at sewing, I'm okay at it.
ACen 2011 - Haruhi Suzumiya
ACen 2012 - Shippuden Sakura Haruno
ACen 2013 - Friday: fem!Jack Frost Saturday: Toon Link

#136 User is offline   Inkwell09 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60472

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:47 PM

Tyki Mikk-->D. Gray Man (also bringing friends who are being Road Kamelot, Jasdero, Devit, the Millennium Earl, and possibly a Lavi and Lenalee)

Eridan Ampora-->Homestuck (two friends who are being Vriska and Terezi)

:)
[font="Book Antiqua"] ACen 2014 Cosplays
--Gintoki (Gintama)****MAYBE
--Rin (Free!)
--Mink (DMMD)
--SURPRISE NOSTALGIC COSPLAY

#137 User is offline   Byakuya Kun 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19491

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:05 AM

My friend and I are hitting Resident Evil this year. I'm staring at Leon and he is staring as the Chainsaw guy from RE4 and Chris Redfield.

Acen 2012
Leon S Kennedy - RPD (Revised)
Germany - APH
America -APH

#138 User is offline   benihime 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60790

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:06 PM

Two cosplays i'm sure about:
Queen China (chess set fanart) - Hetalia (with BIG group!)
and Chibi Moon (sailor moon).

the convention is quite awhile away so i'm not sure what else. It's tougher for me since i'll be flying. I would LOVE to bring Yukito, but that's just not plausible :\

#139 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Validating
  • Member No.: 18421

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:22 PM

My next costume should not cost more than $50 total. I already have all the supplies that I've used for my last costume. I'm looking forward to starting on it this Ramadan.
Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen
Fullmetal Alchemist - Greedling

#140 User is offline   Byakuya Kun 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19491

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:28 PM

View Postnouseforaname, on 20 July 2011 - 02:22 PM, said:

My next costume should not cost more than $50 total. I already have all the supplies that I've used for my last costume. I'm looking forward to starting on it this Ramadan.

I thought that I would save money making my own but its starting to turn out more then what I could have paid for a premade one. I wish I had a budge of $50.

Acen 2012
Leon S Kennedy - RPD (Revised)
Germany - APH
America -APH

#141 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60765
  • Location:Hiding In your pantry. What? I get hungry watching you!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:31 PM

View Postbenihime, on 18 July 2011 - 12:06 PM, said:

Two cosplays i'm sure about:
Queen China (chess set fanart) - Hetalia (with BIG group!)
and Chibi Moon (sailor moon).

the convention is quite awhile away so i'm not sure what else. It's tougher for me since i'll be flying. I would LOVE to bring Yukito, but that's just not plausible :\

I LOVE CHIBI MOON! She's so cute!
ACen 2011 - Haruhi Suzumiya
ACen 2012 - Shippuden Sakura Haruno
ACen 2013 - Friday: fem!Jack Frost Saturday: Toon Link

#142 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Validating
  • Member No.: 18421

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:17 PM

View PostByakuya Kun, on 20 July 2011 - 02:28 PM, said:

I thought that I would save money making my own but its starting to turn out more then what I could have paid for a premade one. I wish I had a budge of $50.

I don't have anything really. The past costumes I've made cost well over that. My last one was almost three times as much as that. I'm just glad I'm doing something I've already made so I'll be saving time and much more money than before. The best way to make it yourself, if need be, is to always go to the thrift store. Anything can be found there. That's how I made my past costumes actually - new and old.
Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen
Fullmetal Alchemist - Greedling

#143 User is offline   Octoroxxx 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60654

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:05 AM

I have finally finalized my cosplays for next Acen and I am happy to say they are my most ambitious and this time I am making every thing by hand! I usually would buy a lot of my costume then make accessories but now that I am getting a loooot better with sewing I decided to put those skills to good use.

I am doing a small Homestuck cosplay: Jade Harley in her Squiddle dress outfit

Then for my pretty detailed cosplay but one I am so excite I can hardly wait to make it: Sakura Kyoko from Madoka Magica in her magical girl red dress. (I cant wait to wear frilllllllls!

And for my batsh*t cosplay of a batsh*t character: Mari Makinami Illustrious in her green plugsuit, helmet and wires and all! I've always wanted to have a plugsuit and I adore Mari's green one and their aren't all that many cosplays of that one in general sso I want to give it my all!
I was one of the many Stockings at the 2011 Acen! (Lolita Dress version with one stocking and one sword)
I traveled around with my best friend who was Panty wearing red flats.

Cosplays I am considering for 2012:
Sakura Kyokou (Magic girl outfit) - Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
Jade Harley (Squiddles jacket and dress version) - Homestuck
Mari Makinami Illustrious (Green Plugsuit) - Evangelion 2.22: You can (Not) Advance

#144 User is offline   Skogkatt 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 59762

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:09 PM

OKEYS! I'm pretty much set with what I'm doing. K-9 from Doctor Who and Jade from Homestuck are pretty much definite, and the Curiosity Core(or really any core I can pull off for that manner) from Portal will come if anyone expresses any interest in it. Hopefully I'll get Bakura going, but I might not be able to.
ACen 2011: Norway[Hetalia], casual!Prussia[Hetalia], child!Third Doctor[Doctor Who]

vFuture ideas
gijinka!K-9[Doctor Who]60%, gijinka!Intelligence Core[Portal]40%, normal!Jade[Homestuck]50%, Duelist Kingdom!Bakura[YuGiOh]5%, student!Evangeline[Negima!?]50%, Lieutenant!Aizen[Bleach]30%

I'm open for costume-designing commissions!

#145 User is offline   Gwydion 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9082

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:50 PM

View Postmagishine, on 21 June 2011 - 07:52 PM, said:

I'm hoping that if I lose enough weight to do a group cosplay with my friends to do the main characters from Sket Dance

Oh, awesome! If you do, I hope I see you guys there!

My sis thinks she'll be up for ACen '12 (she was VERY pregnant this year, lol), so we're working on ideas that would be cute with a baby in case she decides to bring my new nephew. We'd like to finally do Slayers Next - me as Xellos, her as Lina, and baby Henry as Hellmaster - but I'm thinking we'll go the simpler Digimon route - Henry as, well, Henry from Tamers (it was inevitable) and my sis and I as Terriermon and Lopmon.

And as they'd most likely only cosplay one day, I might try to whip up a simpler solo costume for myself like Pantyhose Taro from Ranma 1/2 or Bossun from Sket Dance (though maybe I should change that to Tsubaki or Roman, lol).

#146 User is offline   Skogkatt 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 59762

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:30 PM

View Post*McManray*, on 06 July 2011 - 02:31 PM, said:

I'd LOVE to see a Silurian!!!! I can't wait to see how you manage that if you decide on Vastra. :D
ACen 2011: Norway[Hetalia], casual!Prussia[Hetalia], child!Third Doctor[Doctor Who]

vFuture ideas
gijinka!K-9[Doctor Who]60%, gijinka!Intelligence Core[Portal]40%, normal!Jade[Homestuck]50%, Duelist Kingdom!Bakura[YuGiOh]5%, student!Evangeline[Negima!?]50%, Lieutenant!Aizen[Bleach]30%

I'm open for costume-designing commissions!

#147 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:37 PM

View PostGwydion, on 31 July 2011 - 02:50 PM, said:

And as they'd most likely only cosplay one day, I might try to whip up a simpler solo costume for myself like Pantyhose Taro from Ranma 1/2 or Bossun from Sket Dance (though maybe I should change that to Tsubaki or Roman, lol).

That'd be awesome. I'd love to see someone doing another cosplay from Sket Dance. I definitely plan on doing it so I'll see ya there
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2017 and progress made

Greg Universe (5% complete)

#148 User is offline   KeySmash 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 58635

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:41 PM

Seems like I'm only doing One Piece this year XD. I'll be going as Queen Otohime, Penguin, and Tashigi. :happydance:
Cosplays 2015~
Pyro (TF2)
Hinata Hyuga (Naruto)

#149 User is offline   therealdeathnote 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59536

Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:25 PM

I know I am going as Fem!Sealand, I am so excited.
2014, finally coming back.
cosplay:
Etrnal Scout, Shia, Catbug

#150 User is offline   Gwydion 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9082

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:57 AM

View Postmagishine, on 01 August 2011 - 04:37 PM, said:

That'd be awesome. I'd love to see someone doing another cosplay from Sket Dance. I definitely plan on doing it so I'll see ya there

Cool! I'll try to work one in, then - always nice to bump into others from the same show, especially when it's not exactly popular.

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users