• This topic is locked

2011 ACen feedback

#1 User is offline   davebb 

• EMRT DH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 11282

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:18 PM

Now that we have completed another year of ACen, those of you who had any interaction with EMRT please let us know if there is any way that things can be improved or how the service was. We wish to continue to improve the quality of care we provide to our congoers and staff. If you have any negative comments please give any reasonable constructive criticism to how it can be corrected or fixed.

-A very tired Medic 6.
Medic 1 : ACen 2017 EMRT Department Head (serving since 2008)
Dave Bukowski -- NREMT-B
EMT-B / EMA
"ask not what ACen can do for you--ask what you can do for ACen"

#2 User is offline   Sosu 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 58840

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:55 PM

I was in line for rave (about hour early) and I didn't know we couldn't have bags (my first year) and besides having water, phone, key card in it I had all my medical supplies. Inhaler, Epipen cause I get random allergic reactions all the time, Allergy stuff and Anxiety pills, I'm a big ball of sensitive-ness :x... Some IRT guy I was talking to about it made me walk all the way to convention center to get a bag tag then EMRT wouldn't give me one, the person I was talking to was being COMPLETELY rude treating me horribly acting like I was lieing about needing it and he could care less... so he wouldn't give me one no matter what I said. He just kept rolling his eyes at me. I had to run all the way back to my hotel (Crowne Plaza) then back to the Hyatt line before I lost my spot and line got longer. I made sure to take stuff before heading back.

My worst nightmare happen...
I ended up having allergic reaction to something most likely triggered by my allergies
which started to affect breathing causing an asthma attack
causing me to get really bad anxiety cause I didn't have any of my medication on me.. OTZ

We had to leave early that night which hotel charged us for checking out early.. (They cut the charge in half to be nice.)
That's an experience I sooo do not want to go threw.... EVER AGAIN!
this was my first year and I think this will be my last year...

#3 User is offline   Smokey 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6522

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:09 PM

View PostSosu, on 22 May 2011 - 08:55 PM, said:

I was in line for rave (about hour early) and I didn't know we couldn't have bags (my first year) and besides having water, phone, key card in it I had all my medical supplies. Inhaler, Epipen cause I get random allergic reactions all the time, Allergy stuff and Anxiety pills, I'm a big ball of sensitive-ness :x... Some IRT guy I was talking to about it made me walk all the way to convention center to get a bag tag then EMRT wouldn't give me one, the person I was talking to was being COMPLETELY rude treating me horribly acting like I was lieing about needing it and he could care less... so he wouldn't give me one no matter what I said. He just kept rolling his eyes at me. I had to run all the way back to my hotel (Crowne Plaza) then back to the Hyatt line before I lost my spot and line got longer. I made sure to take stuff before heading back.

My worst nightmare happen...
I ended up having allergic reaction to something most likely triggered by my allergies
which started to affect breathing causing an asthma attack
causing me to get really bad anxiety cause I didn't have any of my medication on me.. OTZ

We had to leave early that night which hotel charged us for checking out early.. (They cut the charge in half to be nice.)
That's an experience I sooo do not want to go threw.... EVER AGAIN!
this was my first year and I think this will be my last year...

Hi Sosu,

I'm very sorry that you had such a horrible experience. In that EMRT operative's defense, the reason he couldn't give you a pass for your bag is because they're not the ones who issue them. That would be us, the Special Needs Department.

The EMRTs are like the Fire Dept in the respect that they stay at a home base waiting for a call (Many actually ARE Fire Dept Paramedics). If you encountered one anywhere outside of their home turf, they were responding to an emergency and couldn't devote any attention on a different non-emergency issue.

If it WAS in their base that they were showing this rude indifference, and this goes for the IRT operative that erroneously sent you over there to begin with, please give me any information you can that would identify them to me. Either as detailed description as you can remember, or better yet, their call sign (This is the name in bright orange that was on the left shoulder of the black vests they were wearing.) Also the day, time, exact location or anything else you think might help.These are weak links in the chain, and I want to make sure that something like this doesn't happen again.

And I hope you'll reconsider your decision and join us again next year. We can take steps to assure that you can keep your medical supplies with you anywhere in the convention regardless of restriction. We can even arrange it so that in case worst should happen, the Medics will have your most vital information the moment they arrive, which won't be long (I'm serious. I had to call them for someone this weekend, and they were there in less than a minute. Sugoi!)

And for you, and anyone else who needs any kind of allowance made due to a physical or medical need, please make either of our locations one of your first stops. We can work with you and help keep your issues, from becoming issues.

Edited for typos,

This post has been edited by Smokey: 22 May 2011 - 10:18 PM

The Special Needs & ADA Compliance Department is dedicated to making sure that nobody has to miss anything that ACen has to offer because of a physical challenge or medical condition.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Compliments? Complaints?

Visit us at http://acen.org/cont...-ada-compliance or send an email to adacompliance-dh@acen.org

Number of ACens attended: 15, Number of years on staff: 6, 2010 Staff MVP Award

#4 User is offline   ShadowPriestess 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 27965

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:46 AM

In the official schedule book we got when we arrived at ACEN, it didn't list the autograph sessions or the character gatherings. Me and my friends had to figure it all out and ask around a bunch of people to get answers. I dont know why those things werent included in the official catalog as those things are the personal highlights of my time at ACEN.

SO PLEASE BRING THOSE BACK NEXT YEAR!!!

VILLAINS NEED HUGS TOO!

#5 User is offline   LC Asuka 

• Main Events
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 17129

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:00 PM

View PostShadowPriestess, on 23 May 2011 - 11:46 AM, said:

In the official schedule book we got when we arrived at ACEN, it didn't list the autograph sessions or the character gatherings. Me and my friends had to figure it all out and ask around a bunch of people to get answers. I don't know why those things weren't included in the official catalog as those things are the personal highlights of my time at ACEN.

SO PLEASE BRING THOSE BACK NEXT YEAR!!!

This thread specifically asks for feedback on EMRT, not the convention in general. For general convention issues, please post in this thread.
Main Programming Assistant Manager ~ 2014
Main Programming Staff
~ 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015
2015 Cosplay ~ Kaito (Magnet Version)
I've reversed the polarity of the neutron flow.

#6 User is offline   davebb 

• EMRT DH
  • PipPip

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:10 PM

View PostSosu, on 22 May 2011 - 08:55 PM, said:

--snip--

I am PMing you for more specific information but as a general note about the dances for everyone: Page 6 of the program states no bags in the Dances. Page 8 states specifically about BAGS and MEDICAL SUPPLIES, Smokey answered this question, and they have representation in BOTH the Hyatt and the ConCenter to take care of you. So I'm sorry about your incident, but please be sure to stop by the special needs booth when you get in. It is not just for compliance for wheelchairs but for many medical conditions, in your case here anaphylaxis. Again I am sorry you had such a bad experience, but hope you intend on giving us another chance.
Dave Bukowski -- NREMT-B
EMT-B / EMA

#7 User is offline   davebb 

• EMRT DH
  • PipPip

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

Closing this topic for the archives.
Dave Bukowski -- NREMT-B
EMT-B / EMA

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users