• This topic is locked

Twitter Hashtagging during the con

#1 User is offline   Ketsueki Raven 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 11782

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:09 PM

I just wanted to know if there's going to be an official acen hashtag for twitter users to use this weekend?

Other things that I have attended, such as Midwest Asian American Student Union (MAASU) took advantage of twitter during their big weekends, prompting attendees to hashtag a specific phrase when the attendee was tweeting about the event. For example, MAASU's official twitter instructed attendees to hashtag #maasuSC11 (for MAASU Spring Convention '11) whenever they tweeted about something happening at MAASU. They even had a person in charge of watching twitter to retweet the tweets of users using the hashtag and adding a little comment in response. The comments that the person in charge of the twitter put were witty and funny, and prompted me to continue to hashtag #maasuSC11 to see if they'll retweet me. Because of the use of an official hashtag and the retweeting system, MAASU was on the Trending Topics list (for USA, not worldwide) for almost an hour.

MAASU doesn't have nearly as many attendees as Acen. With an official hashtag, we can get Acen on the trending topic list possibly all weekend! It's free advertisement, plus fun for twitter users.

I noticed that there's already a few hashtags on twitter, such as #acen and #acen2011 being used when talking about prepping for acen. If we could get an official hashtag, we could uniform our tweets to make the TT happen!

Delta Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc.
#45 Airyn from ISU's Terrific Three Nu Class SPR '10

"If it looks like I'm fading, light a torch for me."
@ketsueki_raven

#2 User is offline   Moogle_21 

• Art and Publications ADH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 2191

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:00 AM

Thanks for bringing this up. The official ACen hashtag will be #ACen for the weekend, and we'll be tweeting our account this info later today.

#3 User is offline   IllinoisGirl 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 22118

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:06 AM

anyone with children going to con. You can follow @ACenKids We'll let you know whats going on!

ADH ACenKids
IllinoisGirl
Joanna

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users