• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

UNIT Troops at ACen 2011 What I'm working on for my daughter's cosplay

#1 User is offline   Dakota Smith 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 16446

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:42 PM

My teen-aged daughters, one of their cousins, and I will be attending ACen 2011 dressed as UNIT troops from the British TV series Doctor Who.

This is a fairly simple costume, but I threw in a little extra work on the ID badges.

Here's a link to mine, sans photo because I haven't taken it, yet. Apparently as a n00b I can't insert images in-line:

UNIT ID Badge Example

Note that the two QR codes are scan-able. They point to URLs of the wearer's choosing. If someone at ACen with a handheld device scans them, it will take their Web browser to the URLs.

Dakota Smith

P.S. - Ten points if you get the in-joke on this badge. Unfortunately, the points are made up and they don't matter. That's right, the points are just like arguments on the Internet: it doesn't matter. :lol:

This post has been edited by Dakota Smith: 15 May 2011 - 05:44 PM

"No human being has the right -- under any circumstances -- to initiate force against another human being, nor to threaten or delegate its initiation."

- The Zero Aggression Principle

#2 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 15 May 2011 - 10:20 PM

Hmm, ancestor of the Captain of the U.S.S. Enterprise-B? ;)

Yay for UNIT personell! You'll have to stop by the Special Needs office so I can squee over your costumes!
Event Accessibility Services staff for ACen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Anime Milwaukee 2017: Philip (Kamen Rider W), Karma (Assassination Classroom)
C2E2 2017: Philip (Kamen Rider W), Hiiro Kagami (Kamen Rider Brave), possibly Ghostbuster (if I have my panel), maybe Neptune (RWBY)
ACen 2017: Philip (Kamen Rider W), Hiiro Kagami (Kamen Rider Brave), Gou Shijima (Kamen Rider Mach), Karma (Assassination Classroom), Neptune (RWBY)
Definite 2017 cons (no cosplay plans set as of yet): Uchi-con, NWI Comic Con

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My cosplay / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#3 User is offline   Dakota Smith 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 16446

Posted 15 May 2011 - 11:06 PM

View PostKnitChick, on 15 May 2011 - 10:20 PM, said:

Hmm, ancestor of the Captain of the U.S.S. Enterprise-B? ;)

I tend to think of him more as the guy who crashed the Enterprise-B in Star Trek VII: Ferris Beuller's Day Off.

Ten points for getting the in-joke. Unfortunately, everything's made up and the points don't matter. That's right, the points are like sobriety to Charlie Sheen: it doesn't matter.

View PostKnitChick, on 15 May 2011 - 10:20 PM, said:

Yay for UNIT personell! You'll have to stop by the Special Needs office so I can squee over your costumes!

I'll stop by if we get a chance. Anime is my daughter's fanac -- mine's Star Trek, as you might imagine. Consequently, I pretty much let her "drive" at the con and just tag along for the dealers' room, occasional panel, and inevitable photo-ops. If she finds a free moment, I'll make sure we pop in.

Dakota Smith
"No human being has the right -- under any circumstances -- to initiate force against another human being, nor to threaten or delegate its initiation."

- The Zero Aggression Principle

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users