Soulcalibur V A tales of souls and swords, eternally retold

#121 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 5880

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:58 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 01 February 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

Ah I see. Darn, you see I was expecting a big story mode for the big "5". Believe it or not I really liked the Soul Calibur Legends that came on the Wii because the story mode was long and involving. I mean it doesn't have to be like an adventure game, but the story mode was involved and I actually did stuff. I was hoping like the other games each character would have a different ending but the story mode be much more than you described. I feel I'm still going to get it because of my love for the series, but I am sad about story mode. Awww.

Yeah, SC 1-3 had great single player content. I could back and play those any day of the week. After playing the single player modes of games like SSBB and Blazblue I just can't tolerate a fighting game trying to justify a $60+ investment solely on barebones modes and online (which I don't play anyway). What's funny is that the story mode almost feels like large amounts of the script were just hacked out for no reason other than to get the game out. I understand deadlines and all, but why not just get rid of Legendary Souls, Quickplay, and Arcade? Those modes are completely pointless
Kuchiki Byakuya: Ohayocon '06
Kuchiki Byakuya: ACen '06
Rose: Ohayocon '07
Part of Shinigami Squad '06

#122 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:21 PM

View PostAiddon Valentin, on 01 February 2012 - 03:58 PM, said:

Yeah, SC 1-3 had great single player content. I could back and play those any day of the week. After playing the single player modes of games like SSBB and Blazblue I just can't tolerate a fighting game trying to justify a $60+ investment solely on barebones modes and online (which I don't play anyway). What's funny is that the story mode almost feels like large amounts of the script were just hacked out for no reason other than to get the game out. I understand deadlines and all, but why not just get rid of Legendary Souls, Quickplay, and Arcade? Those modes are completely pointless

Yeah SC 2 was awesome I loved it and I always go back and play all the time. I agree 1-3 were the best. And the online playing, I'm not totally into because with my luck I get some stupid kid that spams and doesn't really try. Blazblue is awesome and I was kinda hoping SC would somewhat follow...but I guess not. With the playing modes, I would keep arcade since it's been there for so long but I feel the story mode in general should go in depth since that is what makes it fun. They could have done SOOO MUCH with that. They could have had alternate endings depending on who you were (like in the originals) the "Destined battle" like in 2 and also kinda had more in depth character development and background/past revealing too. Like for instance, yeah we know about Voldo's past but let's PLAY his past and see what it really was like. Or play as Ivy and play through her struggles. That would be super cool. But alas. I will always love Soul Calbur series, but I don't think ProjectSoul and the developers know how much stuff they actually have to work with. I would rather wait longer for a game to come out if it is guaranteed to be in-depth and awesome.
ACen 2017 Cosplay
Major Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell SAC 2nd GIG or ARISE variant]
General Esdeath (Akame Ga Kill!)
RIP Origa <3

#123 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:04 AM

The game came out but I haven't played it yet >_< I really want to try it soon though if I can find it and give out hands on details.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#124 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:50 AM

If I bought it now I would fail my three exams this week. XDDDD
ACen 2017 Cosplay
Major Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell SAC 2nd GIG or ARISE variant]
General Esdeath (Akame Ga Kill!)
RIP Origa <3

• 5 Pages +