Anime Central Forums: What was your first cosplay? - Anime Central Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What was your first cosplay? And how badly did it fail? :)

#31 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 59269

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:06 PM

Kurosawa Sae from Fatal Frame 2. It wasn't that great XDD I want to remake it. But I had a lot of fun in that first cosplay. It was possibly the one cosplay that I had the MOST fun. I think it was my second or third acen that I went to. A 12 year old running around in a blood soaked kimono = best time ever.
ACen 2015 cosplay;
[Thursday]Yamada Aoi - Working!!
[Friday] Diane - Nanatsu no Taizai
[Saturday] Saria - Zelda / Agnes Oblige - Bravely Default
------------------------------------
I make gams
I love Donald Duck. I am Donald Duck.

#32 User is offline   aprilxeternal 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59472

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:27 PM

My first cosplay at a con was my own OC, well more of my alter ego, Jade Lilli. I bought a wig off ebay and I was intending on going as Sailor Pluto but I realized I had absolutely no sewing skills so that idea was screwed. But my first cosplay was in 8th grade for Halloween. Me and my friend made our costumes out of colored duct tape, I was Sailor Mars and she was Sailor Moon. We won a contest for most creative :3 and landed a spot in the yearbook so I was happy :)

#33 User is offline   AKADave89 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 52398

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:49 PM

My first Cosplay was from ACen 08. I cosplayed as Alucard from Hellsing. I lost the hat and it makes me sad :(
2015 cosplay plans
????

Do you like awesomeness? click here and you will be greeted by wonderful things.

#34 User is offline   L0L33TA 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 9243

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:04 PM

Rukia from Bleach. It was a fairly simple costume that would still be recognizeable, but my details were waaay off and I bought just about everything. I only have 1 picture of that costume. xD
~2012 ACen Cosplays ~
Bioshock 2- Little Sister
Borderlands- Mad Moxxi ??
Batman Series- Poison Ivy
X-Men- Dark Phoenix

Cosplay.com Profile!

#35 User is offline   Lawlin 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59653

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:54 PM

Well ACen 2007 was my first con...jeez, that was a while ago. Anyway, my first cosplay was Demnyx from Kingdom Hearts 2. This is how badly it failed - LOOK AT THAT WIG. LOOK AT IT.
http://owlpaw411.dev...706229#/d12qqse
I don't even know HOW that looked like the character's hair.... Ugh XDDD

#36 User is offline   fotaku07 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 29213

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:48 PM

My first cosplay was Lion-san from Twin Spica back in 2006 I believe. I thought it was a decent job but a lot of people kept calling me Kon (from Bleach). >_<;

#37 User is offline   TopHatShaw 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 59305

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:38 PM

I'm actually Cosplaying for the first time this year. I'm making a full Gantz suit. Hope it works out ok. =\
Anime Planet:
http://www.anime-pla...ers/FeelTheShaw

ACen 2014: Jecht from Final Fantasy X + Hard Gay Aikurou
Instagram: TopHatShaw <---Follow me =)

FACEBook: http://www.facebook.com/SGCosplay

#38 User is offline   Femme Fatale 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7220

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:24 AM

I first came to Acen in 2007. Since I was the new kid in school, I didn't cosplay any anime character til' 2008. So my first cosplay was something called Hanfu or. It is ancient Chinese clothing which was worn by the Han Chinese people during the 16th century. Its robes that either come with a dress or without. Some people didn't know what I was wearing so I had to explain it to them. Its great now that I have a better understanding as to what cosplaying is. I've improved so much since then.
Excel's Big Sis

Coming Soon to ACen 2016

Ryuko Matoi "Kill la Kill" Friday and Saturday

#39 User is offline   kuro_ketsurui 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 4769

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:29 PM

Venom from Guilty Gear. I had a friend make the costume, but the colors were off, and the shoulder pad things looked terrible. Plus, I tried to do the wig and I looked, "like a drag queen". It was pretty scary.
"If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?" -Scott Adams

Facebook

#40 User is offline   Kamisets303 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 15922

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:56 PM

My very frist con and cosplay happened at ACen '04. My friend, Mana-hime, made her cosplays, 2 of our friends' cosplays, and mine. Mine was last and she couldn't get it finished in time so I worked on it late at night in the one of the video rooms while the others were sleeping in the hotel room. I was Au Revoir Kami from Malice Mizer, she was Gardenia Mana, and I forget what my friends were. But after that I vowed to make my own cosplays so that Mana-hime wouldn't be stuck making mine along with everyone else's because they're too lazy to learn how to sew.
ACen 2012: Iruka-sensei, Princess Pluto, Halloween Town Riku, and Tomo (Fushigi Yuugi)

Past Cosplay!

#41 User is offline   ☆ MV 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 21362

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:36 PM

lol I was Kyoko Sasagawa from Katekyo Hitman Reborn for ACEN 2011. It's the only one I count as an actual cosplay I guess XD
ACen 2017
--- -(Persona 5|Justine)-70%
--- -(Daiya no Ace|Miyuki Kazuya Seido uniform)-90%
--- (ACCA: 13-Territory Inspection Dept.|Jean Otus)-0%

(Sorry this list changes a lot, I'm really indecisive :( )
facebook

#42 User is offline   MisakiMise 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 32365

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:45 PM

My first con was ACen 2009. It was rather awesome but the first time I cosplayed was ACen 2010 as Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece.
Twas a lot of fun. I went to my first gathering/shoot thing. That was really fun. click. It wasn't that bad but my wig was kind of a fail.
ACen 2014 ideas
?????

deviantART|Flickr

#43 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:26 PM

First convention was Anime Central 2002. I was Tsutomu from Bust a Groove 2 and a friend of mine was Heat. His was pretty popular mine was eh. Some people recognized Tsutomu others mistook me as Detective Conan, others had mo clue lol. Also at my first ACen I actually did a skit with the friend. He was a Kodama from Princess Mononoke while I remained Tsutomu. I was amazed because we actually won a trophy and prize pack. How it happened IDK, but we were happy!

Here's our video: http://www.youtube.c...be_gdata_player

I'll admit I am pretty dorky now but boy do I look like a super nerd in this video! Lol, at least we won though!

This post has been edited by STVO: 24 June 2011 - 05:28 PM

STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#44 User is offline   Goldeneyeuro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 58858

Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:19 PM

My first cosplay was at Anime Detour 2007 when I first watched Ouran High School Host Club, and I thought I could pull Kyouya off since I looked exactly like him. Had no experience AT ALL with cosplay, posing, how one should act etc...

Jacket was a rental from a costume store, had glossy fabric on the front, a few shades too light, and I couldn't sew on the patch so I held it on with some electrical tape. Was afraid it would come off during the con, so I brought the entire roll to the con with me. Pulled it off then, and even though I still cosplay Kyouya for photoshoots, I've got a much better outfit now.

I still don't sew, but I commission occasionally and try to piece things together whenever I can.
Never be average... - myself.
When life has no purpose, you're dead already. - Kiba from Wolf's Rain

Planned ACen 2K16 Cosplays:
Life Cool- Yuri Kuma Arashi, Slaine Troyard (count outfit)- Aldnoah Zero Season 2, Houka Inumuta (Black and Gold outfit)- Kill la Kill, Munakata Reisi- K Project

My Flickr- click for my photos

#45 User is offline   rin1782 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 58967

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:29 PM

My first cosplay was Russia from APH at ACen 2011. It wasn't too bad, though the wig was a little too gray. I should get a new one...

#46 User is offline   Byakuya Kun 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19491

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:19 AM

1999 Vash the Stampede! But at the time people really didn't know Trigun.

Acen 2012
Leon S Kennedy - RPD (Revised)
Germany - APH
America -APH

#47 User is offline   LC Asuka 

• Main Events
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 17129

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:16 PM

My first cons were ACen and C-Kon (now revived as RamenCon) back in 2003. However, my first cosplay was my first year staffing ACen in 2008 - where I crossplayed as Iron Chef French.

I was surprised by the number of people that recognized who I was supposed to be. ^_^

Main Programming Assistant Manager ~ 2014
Main Programming Staff
~ 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015
2015 Cosplay ~ Kaito (Magnet Version)
I've reversed the polarity of the neutron flow.

#48 User is offline   Inkwell09 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60472

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:10 PM

my first convention was Anime Central 2009, and I went as Mello. The cosplay was simple, and it turned out pretty well, but my wig was frizzy and platinum blonde.

My first COSPLAY, however, was 2 years prior, when I spontaneously decided that I HAD to be Kankuro from Naruto last minute for Halloween. As far as getting a fairly decent costume together, I didn't fail terribly...but in terms of face make-up...I failed miserably. I looked like I'd been beaten up within an hour of having put it on. (the makeup was itchy, and very smeary).
[font="Book Antiqua"] ACen 2014 Cosplays
--Gintoki (Gintama)****MAYBE
--Rin (Free!)
--Mink (DMMD)
--SURPRISE NOSTALGIC COSPLAY

#49 User is offline   The Forumcat 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58542

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:09 PM

Misa Amane, and not too badly except for forgetting my striped socks the first day and some wig slippage. It was good enough that a more seasoned cosplayer borrowed it over the summer for Soycon.
My bow also vaguely looks like a Christmas ornament, but a lot of people liked the idea of a vinyl bow. It needs a seam, but since I was making it in a high school dorm at night after study hours, I'm proud of it.

Are you a deadman?
Deadman Wonderland Photoshoot 2012

We have candy...

COSPLAYS 2011-2012
ACEN XV: Mockingbird (Deadman Wonderland [5%], VY2 (Vocaloid) [15%]
SoyCon 5: Utatane Piko Love is War ver. (Vocaloid) [0%]
Hallowe'en 2012: Joker (Kuroshitsuji)[0%]
Miscellaneous: Drocell Keinz (Kuroshitsuji) [25%]

#50 User is offline   Soybean 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 5365

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:19 PM

How embarassing! It was ACEN 99. I had my measurements/sketches given to my mom on her way to China, tailored. I was Yuuki Miaka from Fushigi Yuugi, school uniform but a huge mishap. I had a peach colored outfit instead of brown and all because the tailor couldn't find any brown fabric! At least my high school best friend had her Seiryuu No Miko costume made and so she was with me the whole time, which helped a bit. I also had these huge frames and had my glasses on....

#51 User is offline   Gwydion 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9082

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:48 PM

Ah, Duo Maxwell from Gundam Wing, C-kon 2003. It actually wasn't too bad for a first costume, though it certainly had it's mistakes. The pants were too tight around the calf/knee, and the "pilot" portion at the thighs looked a little weird, but I had the shoes right which I was pretty proud of.

Now my SECOND costume, THAT was a disaster! lol I didn't give myself enough time, so it never fully got finished, but oh man, let's just say I use photos of that in "what NOT to do for cosplay" threads. I was Ed from FMA, and while the jacket was fine, the rest was pretty darn dreadful. I was still in my "hot glue everything!" phase, and some things should just not be hot glued, like white ribbon or leather-like material that it won't stick to... And blonde hair spray on brown hair? Yeah... that doesn't work. :P It was certainly a learning experience, I tell you what!

#52 User is offline   Caikirai 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59376

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:56 PM

My first cosplay was Luki, from Dogs.
It was okay, I supposed. xD The fur I used was from a pink fuzzy blanket. Needless to say that was a horrible mess to sew on but it came out alright. My sleeves were longer then the average but were still too short in comparison to the actual character. Oh, and to get the pink around my boots heels, I used pink ducktape. xD That was acen 2010.

#53 User is offline   Dux-X-Bellorum 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61116

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:42 PM

[size="4"][font="Arial Black"][font="Arial Black"]Prepare for a long, ramble-y message.

My first cosplay was love. I loved it. It made me smile, seeing it hiding in the back of my closet still makes me smile. It was for my first convention ever, ACen 2010. I was Lavi from D.Gray Man, but I wanted to put my own spin on it, so I tacked on a bunny tail and bunny ears. I was bun-bun Lavi or as someone pointed out I was Rabit, which is only funny if you know that Lavi’s name is Rabi in Japanese.

Get it? Rabi? Rabit? Like Rabbit? I was a bunny? No? Whatever…

It’s not the prettiest cosplay ever, but I loved it and people who stopped me loved it too. They asked me to get pictures of my bun-bun tail and wanted to hold my hammer, which was a paint can on a stick covered in duct tape with stuffed octopi inside it. I had lost weight before the con,so I had to quickly make it a smaller size and made the arm holes too small, so my arms couldn’t go above my head. The zipper on the front didn’t really work so watching me try to take the jacket off was probably like watching someone try to take off a strait jacket. My glasses made it impossible for me to wear the eyepatch, although it was funny when I tried.

No one cared that it wasn’t precise and only one person called me on its flaws. The flaw? I had somehow gotten chocolate crumbs on the butt of my white pants, so every time I showed people my tail, they saw the big brown stains that were of course on my butt…It was special…and I didn’t notice till we got to the hotel…I still wonder how many people saw my stained pants? How many took pictures?

Still…I’m considering cosplaying as bun-bun Lavi again :D

Howdy!
Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/...s?ref=top_trail (I make cute stuff!)
YouTube: http://www.youtube.c...um?feature=mhee (I Let's Play!)
DeviantART: http://dux-x-bellorum.deviantart.com/ (I have nothing to say about this one!)

#54 User is offline   Inkwell09 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60472

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:45 PM

View PostDux-X-Bellorum, on 14 January 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

[size="4"][font="Arial Black"][font="Arial Black"]Prepare for a long, ramble-y message.

My first cosplay was love. I loved it. It made me smile, seeing it hiding in the back of my closet still makes me smile. It was for my first convention ever, ACen 2010. I was Lavi from D.Gray Man, but I wanted to put my own spin on it, so I tacked on a bunny tail and bunny ears. I was bun-bun Lavi or as someone pointed out I was Rabit, which is only funny if you know that Lavi’s name is Rabi in Japanese.

Get it? Rabi? Rabit? Like Rabbit? I was a bunny? No? Whatever…

It’s not the prettiest cosplay ever, but I loved it and people who stopped me loved it too. They asked me to get pictures of my bun-bun tail and wanted to hold my hammer, which was a paint can on a stick covered in duct tape with stuffed octopi inside it. I had lost weight before the con,so I had to quickly make it a smaller size and made the arm holes too small, so my arms couldn’t go above my head. The zipper on the front didn’t really work so watching me try to take the jacket off was probably like watching someone try to take off a strait jacket. My glasses made it impossible for me to wear the eyepatch, although it was funny when I tried.

No one cared that it wasn’t precise and only one person called me on its flaws. The flaw? I had somehow gotten chocolate crumbs on the butt of my white pants, so every time I showed people my tail, they saw the big brown stains that were of course on my butt…It was special…and I didn’t notice till we got to the hotel…I still wonder how many people saw my stained pants? How many took pictures?

Still…I’m considering cosplaying as bun-bun Lavi again :D

I think you should do it. The cosplay sounds adorable...just bleach the pants XD
[font="Book Antiqua"] ACen 2014 Cosplays
--Gintoki (Gintama)****MAYBE
--Rin (Free!)
--Mink (DMMD)
--SURPRISE NOSTALGIC COSPLAY

#55 User is offline   Dux-X-Bellorum 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61116

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:03 PM

View PostInkwell09, on 14 January 2012 - 09:45 PM, said:

I think you should do it. The cosplay sounds adorable...just bleach the pants XD

XD I think I might have to. I had a chance to watch the anime with a friend recently and I really want to be bun-bun Lavi again with my octopi shooting hammer.
Howdy!
Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/...s?ref=top_trail (I make cute stuff!)
YouTube: http://www.youtube.c...um?feature=mhee (I Let's Play!)
DeviantART: http://dux-x-bellorum.deviantart.com/ (I have nothing to say about this one!)

#56 User is offline   TwoOfAKind 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 46377

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:42 AM

My first cosplay was actually Kairi's school uniform from KH2 about two years ago, since my brother was going as Sora, and a friend of mine was doing Namine, that year I thought it's be fun. Plus if I dyed my hair it was almost the same color, so no wig needed! I ended up buying the costume from Mlianoo because I only had a few months allowance to work with, and couldn't buy a more expensive version of the same costume. when I pulled the costume out I discovered that the shirt was an ugly blue satin with funky sleeves, the tie was too short, and the skirt was almost a size too small.

So I ended up buying a white shirt, bike shorts, and sewing myself into the skirt, and tie for the con. I still had a blast running around with my brother, and friend, but every time I look at the pictures of me in that costume I cringe... ^_^
I'm a lurker.
I look but don't always chat.

ACen '17 Cosplays
xXxJ u s t c a n ' t d e c i d e !
[x] Haruka Nanami ( Season 4 ) from Uta no Prince-sama
[x] Haruka Nanami ( Prince Summer Inspired ) from Uta no Prince-sama

#57 User is offline   Fnordessa 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61143

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:04 PM

My first Acen was 2002, I believe. I went as Kuronekosama from Trigun, since as a poor high school student I did not have a lot of expendable cash, nor had I seen much anime at that point. But I did have black greasepaint at my disposal. Oh yes. I absolutely rode the train home at 11 o'clock Saturday night wearing blackface - and it wasn't until much later that I learned blackface was even a thing. -_-

#58 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:15 PM

My first ACEN was 2010, and I went as Major Motoko Kusanagi from GITS: SAC 2nd GIG. I thought that no one would recognize me but people did so I wouldn't say it was a fail. And the photoshoot was a lot of fun too. ^_^ so I think I was fun. I was still happy that people actually recognized me! :D
ACen 2017 Cosplay
Friday: General Esdeath (Akame Ga Kill!) (98% d/t touch ups and re-doing sword)
Saturday: Major Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell ARISE variant] (100%)
RIP Origa <3

COME SEE MY PANELS!!!

"Let's Form a Stand Alone Complex!" Saturday, 12:30 PM – 2:15 PM Panel Room 13 DESCC
"My Ghost Whispers, Therefore I am" Saturday, 3:45 PM – 5:30 PM Panel Room 13

#59 User is offline   General_Madness 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 30179

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:45 PM

Acen 2006 Tifa
With our huge muscles we shall protect you because we.. are men.

#60 User is offline   yoshioayumi 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 58764

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:42 AM

My first time cosplaying was at GenCon Indy 2010, I cosplayed Ayu's guitarist Yocchan (I still and always do plan on being him at any con! :D) I've had my outfits done by other people, and it wasn't a fail, but quite a success actually. I did fake guitar playing (chords and solo's), poses, and facial expressions very well! the most frustrating thing about it and everytime i cosplay him is not being recognized, people saw the Ayu logo on my prop guitar and would say cool an Ayumi Hamasaki fan, but who are you supposed to be, I'd tell them her live guitarist Yocchan, only a couple knew who he was. all and all though, I have alot of fun cosplaying him, he is my guitar hero after all! I'm on my way to my third Yocchan outfit soon!!! XD

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users