4kids in trouble!

#1 User is offline   Oreo_Otaku 

• Registration
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 2339
  • Location:inside your mind... I'm a figment of your imagination

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:51 AM

It seems TV Tokyo and Nihon Ad Systems are filing a lawsuit against 4Kids due to something found during a recent audit involving the Yu-Gi-Oh! series. :pirate:

http://www.animenews...-deal-sue-4kids

Who knew handling a children's card game can be a hassle? discuss
[center]How's my driving? Flip FOB Driver Pro: Oreo_Otaku. Comments? CALL: 111-555-9999
If you can read this you get a pat on the back.
I drank GOD and it is good!!!
Part of POWA*PinoyOneWorldAlliance*
ninja>pirates!
Acen Hamburglar

#2 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:40 PM

Holy crap. o.o! Well, karma strikes again. >_> Their overfranchising is coming back to bite them in the butt it seems.
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2016 ACen:|Koro Sensei--Assassination Classroom/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||East Kai-Dragonball Z/0% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#3 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7901

Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:06 PM

You're telling me that 4kids is not on the up and up? Shock!
2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

#4 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:55 AM

lol Wut?

They finally got them on the Yugioh series? Finally!

Yugioh=serious card game.

type in Yugioh on youtube and you will get tons of videos and someone fighting over said card game :lol:
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#5 User is offline   Kaay-chan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 28448

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:22 PM

Yeah, Silver and I were talking about this yesterday with a few of our friends, and then the discussion derailed into us talking about who would play who if FUNimation swooped in and redubbed it....Xp
Cosplay 2012: Mitsuki Saya (Black Cat), Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai)
Cosplay 2013: Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai) I didn't have my camera; please send me pictures! ;A;

"A blank piece of paper is God's way of telling us how hard it is to be God."
-Sidney Sheldon

#6 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 46337

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:04 PM

I hope in court that 4kids don't stand a "ghost" of a chance! HAHAHAHAHA
ACEN 2012 cosplay: white mage (FF), male pokemon trainer (pokemon black)

#7 User is offline   Zigglett 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59927

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:36 PM

Eh, I honestly hope that 4kids goes down.
-----------
2011 ACEN cosplay: Kisuke Urahara

#8 User is offline   Professor_Hojo @_@ 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10054

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:32 AM

View PostKaay-chan, on 04 April 2011 - 10:22 PM, said:

Yeah, Silver and I were talking about this yesterday with a few of our friends, and then the discussion derailed into us talking about who would play who if FUNimation swooped in and redubbed it....Xp

If FUNi redubbed the series uncut and accurately, I would totally be on board. Though sadly I kinda doubt it will happen. Where was this lawsuit 8 years ago when Yu-gi-oh! was truly relevant though?

View PostVisadin the insane, on 10 April 2011 - 03:04 PM, said:

I hope in court that 4kids don't stand a "ghost" of a chance! HAHAHAHAHA

:thumbup:
ACen '12 Cosplays!!: ??????????????????

Visit me on Facebook! Tumblr! Twitter! DeviantArt!

#9 User is offline   Aphex 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 27543

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:43 AM

I was talking about this with some of my friends the other day and apparently, 4Kids has been stealing the Japanese copyrights and now there filed for bankruptcy. Something like that. But I'm now quite sure. >.> But finally, the world has become a more peaceful place. :3

#10 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 46337

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:05 AM

So i been into one peice lately and so far i am amazed on how 4kids censored it. it was like a work of art on a insane point of view. the entire nami back story isn't something that should be on a kids show.
ACEN 2012 cosplay: white mage (FF), male pokemon trainer (pokemon black)

#11 User is offline   Rukariou 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59353

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:08 AM

View PostAphex, on 25 April 2011 - 08:43 AM, said:

I was talking about this with some of my friends the other day and apparently, 4Kids has been stealing the Japanese copyrights and now there filed for bankruptcy. Something like that. But I'm now quite sure. >.> But finally, the world has become a more peaceful place. :3

They filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. Which means the world isn't peaceful just yet, they're under reconstruction, the company didn't dissolve.
2012 cosplays; Katherine McBride [ Catherine ] | Rachel Alucard [ Blazblue ]
2012 CONS; Anime Detour | Anime Central | Otakon
Currently watching; . . . | Currently playing; Catherine
PSN ID: Rukariou - hit me up if you wanna play some Little Big Planet or kick my butt at Blazblue!

"In the name of the big white thingy in the sky, Tao will punish you!" - Taokaka, Blazblue Continuum Shift

#12 User is offline   Snow_Storm 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 58697

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:19 AM

Any blow to 4Kids is a good blow.
ACen 2014 Cosplay List (Final)

Goat-Kun (Umineko no Naku Koro Ni) - Friday
Garterbelt (Panty and Stocking) - Saturday
Coach (Left 4 Dead 2) - Thursay (maybe), Saturday

#13 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:28 AM

View PostVisadin the insane, on 27 April 2011 - 07:05 AM, said:

So i been into one peice lately and so far i am amazed on how 4kids censored it. it was like a work of art on a insane point of view. the entire nami back story isn't something that should be on a kids show.

I think they had to get the okay from Japan on censoring things, part of the agreement. Other things are implimented by FCC, like ciggerets being lolipops, Funi kept that too.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#14 User is offline   Ultra Yak 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 47823

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:30 AM

Honestly, i'm into the Yu-Gi-Manz...but all i want to come of it is an english dub of the last season of Yu-Gi-Oh GX cause thats when it was getting real good
ACEN2012, "Ultra Yak!! in GetBack Feeling!"
His little boat coasted into the dock of the city named ACEN. It's shimmering lights made him blind to the chaos that would ensue within.
Soon he would learn that he would get back more than just the feelings lost in the year 2010.
Waiting in the one place he wouldn't look, until...

#15 User is offline   RazzBerrieCharm 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60279

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:55 PM

*Hides behind some rocks* I sorta feel sorry for them...
ACen 2012 Cosplay: Trainer Leaf/Blue(Pokemon), Carly Nagisa- (Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's)

#16 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:05 PM

Poor 4Kids. That reminds me of childhood...but!

All they wanted to do was make animes okay for crazy over protective/against violence in anime parents And also make violent animes for little kiddies! >_>

This post has been edited by GITS SAC Motoko: 24 May 2011 - 05:06 PM

ACen 2017 Cosplay
Major Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell SAC 2nd GIG or ARISE variant]
General Esdeath (Akame Ga Kill!)
RIP Origa <3

#17 User is offline   Zilveari 

• Con Ops Staff
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 60162

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:02 PM

When isn't 4kids in trouble ;x We're better off without them now. They did their part, exposing the youth to anime. Now they should quietly die off for the proverbial rape that they performed on Shaman King.
#nipponsei on Rizon! I am t3h nipponsei troll. FEAR MEH!\

The MAL page that I never use xD
2011 ACen Registration Staff
2013 ACen ConOps
2014 ACen ConOps and complete ribbon promiscuous person
2015 ACen Pirate(ConOps)

You know you're an otaku when you see a young boy and girl playing in a playground, and your first thought is: "CHILDHOOD FRIEND FLAG!"... ™

#18 User is offline   manga1 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 53231

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:38 PM

Well good or bad now the distribution of anime down that pipe is cut off if they go under, meaning that its one less pipe that might have suppied any sort of anime good or bad.

I am really kind of sad though as I read TokyoPop is going under, when will it end, First Genon, and then ADV, Now TokyoPop, when is it going to end, and there are not others to step up to fill the void Funmation and Viz can only do so much, and are interested in only soo much. There will be a really sad day if Viz Media goes under, if that were to happen would it even be worth being an anime fan anymore? Away would go Jump magazines, manga and the biggest supply of, the things japanese media for the north america audiance.

signed Jeremy manga1

#19 User is offline   steamphunk 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60425

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:54 PM

As much as I dislike 4Kids, since I don't have cable, dish or satelite, it's the only way I can see my Saturday morning cartoons. D-':

#20 User is offline   Pashy-chan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 16936

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:32 PM

I'm kind of sad to see them go.. *Not afraid to say it* Sure, they tore apart a few series, but how many of us wouldn't even be into the anime fandom if it weren't for the company initially exposing us to it in the first place?

I honestly hope all goes well in their trial tomorrow. And for those who are happy to see them go.. Well, I'm sorry their english renditions and edits butchered your beloved series, but is that reason enough to want 200+ employees to now go jobless? If you felt this way due to their witholding of royalties from TV Tokyo and NAS, fine, but saying they should go under for Americanizing a few series, changing a few names and censoring anything rated above TV-Y? Come on.. Was what they did right from the otaku standpoint? No.. ._. But I still feel irked when I hear people deem this worthy of unemployment for hundreds..

This post has been edited by Pashy-chan: 30 May 2011 - 03:33 PM

ACen 2011: Cosplays have been determined-ish!!!!

Iris - Pokemon Black/White ::: 75%
Female Wario ::: 10%
Ganguro Gal ::: 90%

~TekoMuto Fangirl~

Hello, my name is Poshy...

#21 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:12 PM

View PostPashy-chan, on 30 May 2011 - 03:32 PM, said:

I'm kind of sad to see them go.. *Not afraid to say it* Sure, they tore apart a few series, but how many of us wouldn't even be into the anime fandom if it weren't for the company initially exposing us to it in the first place?

I honestly hope all goes well in their trial tomorrow. And for those who are happy to see them go.. Well, I'm sorry their english renditions and edits butchered your beloved series, but is that reason enough to want 200+ employees to now go jobless? If you felt this way due to their witholding of royalties from TV Tokyo and NAS, fine, but saying they should go under for Americanizing a few series, changing a few names and censoring anything rated above TV-Y? Come on.. Was what they did right from the otaku standpoint? No.. ._. But I still feel irked when I hear people deem this worthy of unemployment for hundreds..

I agree. Not everyone is responsible for what happened. It would be a shame if some innocent people got laid off because of that. Just don't support them. It's that simple. The ones responsible for withholding money should only be responsible.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users