Anime Central Forums: Has/Are ACEN been/is selling ball jointed dolls in the shopping area? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Has/Are ACEN been/is selling ball jointed dolls in the shopping area?

#1 User is offline   Zelda 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 16787

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:13 PM

Again, I don't know where to put this... but does anyone know if ACEN has sold them in their shops before or are they going to? Or does somebody know some artists that are selling some? I really want to go this year but i dont think i can afford it.
This is an example of what they look like - http://www.doll-zone...tail.asp?id=765
I haven't found anywhere where they sold them except online and i was wondering if ACEN sold them.

Check out my art gallery here:

www.lilbluegill89.deviantart.com/gallery/

#2 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19299

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:03 AM

I am not sure I do know one vendor was selling one but i do not know the brand.
If you go to a BJD meetup there are people that do sell/trade dolls.
Thats my input for now
ACen 17"
Sombra, From Overwatch
Tohru, From Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid

*~Proud Supporter of the GBLT Community.~*

#3 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 6190
  • Location:Hiding from my Sewing machine. Shh... Don't tell it I'm under the bed.

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:27 AM

The best 2 options would be checking Den of Angels & Dollfie Anonymous thread.

You can check Den of Angels & could possibly find a local person who is selling theirs. Also feel free to check the Dollfie Anonymous thread here on the forums if you need any advice. I'm not sure where or when this year, but there's normally a decent sized Dollfie photoshoot at ACen.
Resident Ladyboy of the ACen Forums

Sadly won't be attending ACen 2012. So I'll be taking my cosplay up a notch for 2013.

#4 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 4043

Posted 22 March 2011 - 12:21 PM

If you're just wanting to see some in person before purchasing - then I also recommend getting involved in one of the ABJD forums and going to a meet. In the scheme of things - shipping costs aren't so bad - and in my experience you're better off just saving and ordering the one you really want rather than just getting what is cheap/easy/local to you. :D

I've seen enough dolls bought and quickly sold because of that "newbie" mistake. ;) That said - do whatever you think is best for you, and good luck!
2013 will be my 11th year at ACen! Staff for '09/'10/'11/'12/'13
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.
Visit the blog for latest news and contests! Disjointed Images Blog
100% guarantee on buttons. If it breaks, come see me for a FREE replacement.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users