• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Odd moments of Adulthood

#1 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 6190
  • Location:Hiding from my Sewing machine. Shh... Don't tell it I'm under the bed.

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:15 PM

I just got curious if anybody else had that weird moment of realizing how much they've grown up & changed. If you had told me 3yrs ago that I would own a house & be taking advantage of every Free estimate (or ect.) under the sun that I thought for even a second I could use, I would have thought you crazy.

Yet here I sit waiting for Roto Rooter to arrive & give me free estimate for fixing my clogged sewer pipe... & hoping that I can get a shower tonite without needing to drive 25 miles for it.

Please feel free to entertain me while I wait.
Resident Ladyboy of the ACen Forums

Sadly won't be attending ACen 2012. So I'll be taking my cosplay up a notch for 2013.

#2 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:19 PM

I for the life of me cannot remember my days or how it felt when I did not have large amounts of body hair.

Just let that sentence soak into your brains for a while... Feels good, man?

This post has been edited by KirbyFanOne: 23 January 2011 - 08:21 PM

Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#3 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7901

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:14 PM

It still blows my mind that I'm not in school anymore. I got my bachelors over two years ago.
2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

#4 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 1435

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:52 PM

I remember the halcyon days of my only monthly bill being my computer. Those days are damn sure gone.

It's also weird teaching in classrooms that I sat in 20 years ago, and realizing I have students in my class who don't know what the Soviet Union is...because they were born after it fell.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"Time catches us all"
See my art. Love it. Hug it. http://sentinel28a.d...art.com/gallery
Read my fanfiction. NOW. You'll thank me later.
First Place, Yahoo ACen League, 2006
First Place, NFL.com Otaku Amefuto League, 2012

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
BEAR CAV!

#5 User is offline   Goldeneyeuro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 58858

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:19 PM

What's funny for me is that oftentimes I get reminded just how young I am (something that I usually dislike), probably exemplified by the fact most of my friends and family are older than me. The extra fees that go with renting a car, the higher insurance, the merely entry level job, the fact your family is at later stages in life (moving out and having your own place, starting a family)... and my best moment: My ethics professor asking me how old I was and I shock the entire class by saying I was 22 (at the time- this was also an MBA-level ethics class) and him going "You're so mature for someone who's 22!"

But the odd moments of adulthood do creep up on me... the increased trust that the family gives me, the fact that "Christmas break", "spring break", and "summer vacation" don't mean much to me anymore, the SERIOUS thoughts to purchasing a new car or getting a place to live, and the SERIOUS thoughts I give about my future. Going to college was the biggest change I've had so far, an experience I'm mostly glad I went through, despite the fact the college I went to did 10 things wrong for every 1 thing that they did right. It's all a matter of growing up, I guess, all these experiences...
Never be average... - myself.
When life has no purpose, you're dead already. - Kiba from Wolf's Rain

Planned ACen 2K16 Cosplays:
Life Cool- Yuri Kuma Arashi, Slaine Troyard (count outfit)- Aldnoah Zero Season 2, Houka Inumuta (Black and Gold outfit)- Kill la Kill, Munakata Reisi- K Project

My Flickr- click for my photos

#6 User is offline   Ranko 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 54494

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:18 AM

If three years ago you had told me I would be not living with my parents and sharing an apartment with three imbeciles who think that the degree we are working to get is worthless, I would have called you crazy.. Yet here I sit, in my room attempting to drown out the sound of my roommate screaming into his microphone to people who he doesn't even know lol. I'll refrain from getting into another discussion about them though, lol. Regardless, I feel much more adult-like than I did when I was living back home.

View PostGoldeneyeuro, on 23 January 2011 - 11:19 PM, said:

What's funny for me is that oftentimes I get reminded just how young I am (something that I usually dislike), probably exemplified by the fact most of my friends and family are older than me. The extra fees that go with renting a car, the higher insurance, the merely entry level job, the fact your family is at later stages in life (moving out and having your own place, starting a family)... and my best moment: My ethics professor asking me how old I was and I shock the entire class by saying I was 22 (at the time- this was also an MBA-level ethics class) and him going "You're so mature for someone who's 22!"But the odd moments of adulthood do creep up on me... the increased trust that the family gives me, the fact that "Christmas break", "spring break", and "summer vacation" don't mean much to me anymore, the SERIOUS thoughts to purchasing a new car or getting a place to live, and the SERIOUS thoughts I give about my future. Going to college was the biggest change I've had so far, an experience I'm mostly glad I went through, despite the fact the college I went to did 10 things wrong for every 1 thing that they did right. It's all a matter of growing up, I guess, all these experiences...

I get this a lot too... I keep getting asked my age as I'm about to receive my bachelors degree. People always seem astonished when I reply with 20. I came to college to learn, not goof around like my roommates.
facebook- because you can never have too many friends!

http://www.facebook....hp?id=607874283

PSN ID: Ranma344

This keyboard of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning feel tells me to post here! Take this, my knowledge, my opinion, and all of my awesomeness! SHINING POST!

#7 User is offline   S1NN3R 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 11618

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:30 AM

Colonoscopy <_<

In all seriousness - If someone told me 10yrs ago I'd be married and living 6300km/ 3900mi away from my parents AFTER getting my AA, MBA, and three years of pre-med, I'd call the psych ward.
"You'll never have any answers untill you ask the questions"
When people start asking, I'll answer.

Contact Me

Acens attended. 1998-2002, 04-06,08-Present

#8 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Location:Hiding from my Sewing machine. Shh... Don't tell it I'm under the bed.

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:31 AM

View Postsentinel28a, on 23 January 2011 - 10:52 PM, said:

I remember the halcyon days of my only monthly bill being my computer. Those days are damn sure gone.

Yeah, I really want those days back right now. Roto rooter didn't charge me $470 last nite cause they couldn't get my pipes draing & I've got a scope guy coming in about an hour. Plus we found none of how removing the old clay pipe from the line was done properly.

If they removed something from the line, they blocked the hole with concrete. That's right CONCRETE.

Where the new PVC meets the main sewer line they just drilled a hole & dropped the new PVC line in & put... you guessed right CONCRETE to hold it to the old line. Worse yet it's a poorly done job cause went over to it & was able to lift the line mostly out with no effort. Worse yet, I had lifted the line nearly 2 inches & there was still more. Guess I found the problem myslef, it's not draining anymore cause there's no room for it to drain.

I want a hug, a bottle of JD, & a cigarette after this is finished.

This post has been edited by Kitsu-chan: 24 January 2011 - 09:13 AM

Sadly won't be attending ACen 2012. So I'll be taking my cosplay up a notch for 2013.

#9 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 24 January 2011 - 02:44 PM

I think you're going crazy XD Nah just kidding.

The only thing that changed among us in my circle of associates (such as my former ex friend and many of my class of 2004 ish) is that most of us have kids now. A lot of us are still in the ghetto and are still living with either our parents or some other demons.

I personally haven't changed except now I'm less short tempered and know more experiance in the work force. I also grind my teeth more and just accept things than argue or be stubborn like I used to do when I was younger, but I know people who are older than me that don't do this so it's really a matter of opinion and just luck/birthright.

Examples have to be that my ex friend is the same except now he's even more of a spoiled adult. He still lives with his mom and he still is a pathalogical lier but the only thing that has changed is that he's less happier and more bitter since we are the same age. Similar with my ex bf/friend: he's basically the same except he is more bitter and more jaded than he used to be when he was a teenager, especially when it comes to women.

Guess growing older makes you jaded depending on what your parents and their parents accomplished? Not sure...every time I think about this I get a headache. Or maybe it's chicago lol!
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#10 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:28 PM

Yeah, I'm much more short-tempered while at work than when I was in school. Probably from having to deal with a larger amount of idiots.

In plumbing news, we finally found the problem. The sewer line is broken about 3 ft past the curb. Better yet is that I'm being told that it's my responsibility despite that it's about 3ft past my property line.

#11 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7072
  • Location:Mississippi then New Jersey. Might make ACen 2018 :D

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:48 PM

first internet bill
$382

got it today
gwehehehehehehehehehehehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

anyone know a REAL good ISP? and by good I mean "unlimited data" for around less than that?

i miss tech school ($50 unlimited).....

This post has been edited by TekoMuto: 24 January 2011 - 04:50 PM

i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#12 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:49 PM

I never though I'd ever be in a high position for a major anime convention - and one way out of state too when I was younger and started going to them.
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#13 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:53 PM

View PostTekoMuto, on 24 January 2011 - 04:48 PM, said:

first internet bill
$382

got it today
gwehehehehehehehehehehehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

anyone know a REAL good ISP? and by good I mean "unlimited data" for around less than that?

i miss tech school ($50 unlimited).....

What kind of internet do YOU HAVE O_O

We have internet here for like less than 30 dollars unlimited! Is that broadband or something?!
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#14 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:45 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 24 January 2011 - 05:53 PM, said:

What kind of internet do YOU HAVE O_O

We have internet here for like less than 30 dollars unlimited! Is that broadband or something?!

verizon summat or other that works through a mifi

wats ur provider?
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#15 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:58 PM

Using Wifi through my apartment. It's fast about 85-95% of the time. It does randomly go out and fail on my laptop though but it could be that everyone in the house uses my computer (about three people and my son.)

We have Clear, Verizon, Sprint, AT&T Broadband, MSN DSL, RCN, COMCAST, etc.

Most of the internet services are just wifi/Broadband/or box. If you want something more you would have to do it yourself. Think the highest is Comcast at like 100 bucks

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 24 January 2011 - 06:59 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#16 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:47 PM

I use to be the wild, rebellious type, who loved to party. But now that im older, I have settled down and started my own baking business. I have began traveling more to different places. I hope to go to Hawaii next year and learn how to surf. I want to try different things and just enjoy life to the fullest. Basically I mellowed out.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#17 User is offline   tfcreate 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 115

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:51 PM

Awkward moments:

When you realize that being able to play a video game well means nothing to the real world.
No one cares how good you are at Call of Duty, or Silent Hill.
When you realize that there are consequences.... SERIOUS consequences for acting like an idiot.
When you realize that there are those who actually admire intellect. :eek:
When you realize that the pressure you felt in School is NOTHING compared to what you see as an adult.
When you realize that being cute or hot won't save your a$$ when that multi-million dollar project is overdue.
When you realize that no one cares about your whining.
When you realize that mommy and daddy were right! :blink:

This post has been edited by tfcreate: 24 January 2011 - 11:51 PM

Decide on your masters, people, for you cannot serve both. Either be an anime con or be a 3-day frat party. (I'm Done with ACen.)
Those who can't be bothered with the little things can't be trusted with the big ones.... ~Larry Bell-Founder of the Bell Aircraft Co.
Any fool can learn from his own mistakes. The wise learn from the mistakes of others....~ Democritus
Posers worry about how they look when they take pictures, shooters worry about the how you look when they shoot.
ACen and cosplay photos
How I Spent ACen 04' Making these.....
(2012)
Next Photoshoot~ Anime Iowa

#18 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:22 AM

View Posttfcreate, on 24 January 2011 - 11:51 PM, said:

Awkward moments:

Oh so true. I didn't believe anybody when they told me how much work & money went into upkeep of a house. For the past 6 months, I've been learning that lesson.

I'm on my third & fourth major plumbing projects (fix the sewer line & redo all the plumbing from the kitchen sink that's leaking). I've still got to reroof the house & detachted garage, put siding on the detached garage, & replace the garage door.

I miss back when i had money :(

#19 User is offline   S1NN3R 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 11618

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:38 AM

When you realize that mommy and daddy were right!

I can honestly remember the day and reason this happened... It hurt then and still hurts now
"You'll never have any answers untill you ask the questions"
When people start asking, I'll answer.

Contact Me

Acens attended. 1998-2002, 04-06,08-Present

#20 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:32 AM

Awkward moments:

When you realize that being able to play a video game well means nothing to the real world.
When you realize that there are consequences.... SERIOUS consequences for acting like an idiot.
When you realize that the pressure you felt in School is NOTHING compared to what you see as an adult.
When you realize that being cute or hot won't save your a$$ when that multi-million dollar project is overdue.

1. happened when i was like 6, thats when i killed my imagination and replaced it
2. don't play either of those cuase i don't really care about em
3. was like 3 when i learned that, 6 when i learned how to convince others to act like idiots for entertainment
4. comprehendo no burrito es mucho de legato
5. was homeschooled, started college at 14, pressures of adult aren't really that bad, just pay your bills, have a job and you can still have tons of fun
6. but taking a jpeg and saving it under a different file type to make it look like it was just corrupted can save ur butt in many a things
7. so stop whining and start changing stuff
8. with some things, not everything. not everything that worked for them will work for you. this is your life, not thiers.

#21 User is offline   sammy-45 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 42

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:52 AM

Adult moments for me:

Planning a wedding. When you are spending that much money- you realize it.

Moving in with my hubby. Just think about that one. You get married and move in with this other person who you are now going to spend the rest of your life with. (I don't believe in divorce- only death.)

Buying a house. Again spending lots of money. And then all the work that comes with it.

Bring home a newborn baby. This is very scary!!! For those of you who have not done this yet, the first few weeks without help from nurses in the same building can be very stressful for both new parents. Because no matter how many books you read, babies do not come with instruction manuals.

Soon to be an Adult moment: Bring home twins!! I think if I survive the first 3 months I should be good.
Staff from 2003 to 2010. Currently Retired.

Blessed are the cracked:
for it is they who let in the light!

Go Cubs!!!!GO BEARS!!!!

#22 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:03 AM

View Postsammy-45, on 25 January 2011 - 07:52 AM, said:

Bring home a newborn baby. This is very scary!!! For those of you who have not done this yet, the first few weeks without help from nurses in the same building can be very stressful for both new parents. Because no matter how many books you read, babies do not come with instruction manuals.

what about Technical Orders?

#23 User is offline   sammy-45 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 42

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:23 PM

Nope they don't come with those either. But if you have parents around, they do come with Grandparents who are very helpful with things.
Staff from 2003 to 2010. Currently Retired.

Blessed are the cracked:
for it is they who let in the light!

Go Cubs!!!!GO BEARS!!!!

#24 User is offline   tfcreate 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 115

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:10 PM

View PostTekoMuto, on 25 January 2011 - 07:32 AM, said:

1. happened when i was like 6, thats when i killed my imagination and replaced it
2. don't play either of those cuase i don't really care about em
3. was like 3 when i learned that, 6 when i learned how to convince others to act like idiots for entertainment
4. comprehendo no burrito es mucho de legato
5. was homeschooled, started college at 14, pressures of adult aren't really that bad, just pay your bills, have a job and you can still have tons of fun
6. but taking a jpeg and saving it under a different file type to make it look like it was just corrupted can save ur butt in many a things
7. so stop whining and start changing stuff
8. with some things, not everything. not everything that worked for them will work for you. this is your life, not thiers.

I missed one.
When you realize that the world does NOT revolve round you.
Decide on your masters, people, for you cannot serve both. Either be an anime con or be a 3-day frat party. (I'm Done with ACen.)
Those who can't be bothered with the little things can't be trusted with the big ones.... ~Larry Bell-Founder of the Bell Aircraft Co.
Any fool can learn from his own mistakes. The wise learn from the mistakes of others....~ Democritus
Posers worry about how they look when they take pictures, shooters worry about the how you look when they shoot.
ACen and cosplay photos
How I Spent ACen 04' Making these.....
(2012)
Next Photoshoot~ Anime Iowa

#25 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:51 PM

Awkward moments:

1) Video games mean a lot in the real world it depends on what country you live in: the same goes for artwork. Being an artist means nothing in America compared to asian countries. You can be a video game tester, Game designer, and those people play video games.

2) Game freaks do :D

3) Depends on the person, situation, and area. Case in point my ex bf and my mom and my uncle. My uncle is over 50 and he acts dumber and younger than me and so does my mom. These are adults who drink like 20 something year olds and still miss paying rent because they needed their. Oh and my uncle recently fought over a women that he didn't know down the street to my house with some guy and he's alive XD

4) True

5) No; I don't know too many adults who kill themselves like they do now with teenagers; That's a REALLY TOUCHY subject. I keep seeing tv and seeing teens shoot up other teens and just...sad things compared to when I was in high school. I never had the urge to blow up my whole school like they do today. and I came from a really really bad high school

6) LMAO. Yeah that's true but being cute or hot gives you favoritism points but it's a matter of situation. I know it did at my old job but that was at a clothing store. We didn't have one manager who wasn't gay or hot XD

7) Except on the internet and when you troll XD Also doesn't stop adults from whining or the other word since I hear so much complaining goodness~!

8) Matter of opinion but that's because my parents fail hard. The only thing my parents taught me is to NOT BE LIKE THEM and to not drink.

9) The 'World doesn't go around you,' is mostly due to people just being self centered not really age or getting older. My cousin is like this she's 45 (*wants to slap her.*) Also my other cousin is this and she's 17.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 25 January 2011 - 06:53 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#26 User is offline   Aiko☆Noble 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 22845

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:31 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 25 January 2011 - 06:51 PM, said:

5) No; I don't know too many adults who kill themselves like they do now with teenagers; That's a REALLY TOUCHY subject. I keep seeing tv and seeing teens shoot up other teens and just...sad things compared to when I was in high school. I never had the urge to blow up my whole school like they do today. and I came from a really really bad high school

While I mostly agree with you, you have to remember that teenagers have a lot of crazy hormones
going through them at that time in their lives. One situation could seem like the end of the world.
As a teenager, it's hard to see past the hard times, and you tend to focus only on what's in front
of you, instead of thinking about the future, and how everything will eventually play out. :)

Edit: As for my "moment of adulthood", after I graduated high school, my life flipped upside-down,
and I was introduced to the real world, and the real problems, more in-depth than people looking at
you the wrong way, or the next assignment that's going to be due. In the past few years, I've also
opened the emotional strongbox that I once held. I've become much more caring and sympathetic than
I used to be, and I'm glad I'm not distant and unappreciative anymore.

This post has been edited by Aiko☆Noble: 25 January 2011 - 07:33 PM

ACen '12
Gamzee Makara (Homestuck)
Prospit!Gamzee (Homestuck)
God Tier!John (Homestuck)

#27 User is offline   Goldeneyeuro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58858

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:48 PM

View PostRanko, on 24 January 2011 - 12:18 AM, said:

I keep getting asked my age as I'm about to receive my bachelors degree. People always seem astonished when I reply with 20. I came to college to learn, not goof around like my roommates.

Well, there's a reason why, since that really impresses me. Assuming that you graduated high school at the age of 18, you would have had to take enough AP/IB or college classes in high school to make up about 2 years worth of college. That or overload yourself in the years you were in college or take summer classes to graduate much sooner. All without going "You know, I'm going to change my major" or having to retake classes. I barely deviated from my path, always kept a full load of credits and even with a semesters worth of college credits, I was still 22 when I got my bachelors plus one minor. Even w/o the minor, I would have still been 21. Bachelor's degree at age 20? Impressive indeed.

Other odd moments of adulthood:

When you start receiving fewer Christmas/birthday presents from your family and don't really care anymore.

When large amounts of money don't phase you as much anymore for necessities (and in this sense, anime/manga is considered a luxury)- like when my friend with a PT job considered an impressive paycheck to be $500- and I barely batted an eye since my paycheck was much higher and I still don't consider moving out from home as fully viable.
Never be average... - myself.
When life has no purpose, you're dead already. - Kiba from Wolf's Rain

Planned ACen 2K16 Cosplays:
Life Cool- Yuri Kuma Arashi, Slaine Troyard (count outfit)- Aldnoah Zero Season 2, Houka Inumuta (Black and Gold outfit)- Kill la Kill, Munakata Reisi- K Project

My Flickr- click for my photos

#28 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:59 PM

View PostAiko☆Noble, on 25 January 2011 - 07:31 PM, said:

While I mostly agree with you, you have to remember that teenagers have a lot of crazy hormones
going through them at that time in their lives. One situation could seem like the end of the world.
As a teenager, it's hard to see past the hard times, and you tend to focus only on what's in front
of you, instead of thinking about the future, and how everything will eventually play out. :)

Lol That was my teenage years in a nutshell XD This was more on the subject of 'omg adults are more stressed out than teenagers,'. I know adults who go to college and pay nothing but half of their car note and food: a.k.a parents pay for everything. Actually my old boss was complaining about paying her student loan but she had a house, car, etc. paid by her parents. I guess she had major issues since she said she didn't need this job over the phone (well you can kinda guess what she said,) and quit.

I think that nobody has worse issues than the next person (unless you homeless or dead,) and that you can overcome them all or not stress so much about it. I learned this the older I got so if something bad happens I focus more on the next day than now. (I used to just rage when I was younger.)

Btw congrats on being a better person now than you was~! This goes for everyone XD

500 dollars is a lot of money to me before I lost my job because it was my FIRST JOB EVER.....*facepalm* I need to go back to college.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 25 January 2011 - 08:07 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#29 User is offline   proxy 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 19396

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:25 PM

I realized I was an adult when I moved out of my parents house sunday morning.

#30 User is offline   Ranko 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 54494

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:51 PM

View PostGoldeneyeuro, on 25 January 2011 - 07:48 PM, said:

Well, there's a reason why, since that really impresses me. Assuming that you graduated high school at the age of 18, you would have had to take enough AP/IB or college classes in high school to make up about 2 years worth of college. That or overload yourself in the years you were in college or take summer classes to graduate much sooner. All without going "You know, I'm going to change my major" or having to retake classes. I barely deviated from my path, always kept a full load of credits and even with a semesters worth of college credits, I was still 22 when I got my bachelors plus one minor. Even w/o the minor, I would have still been 21. Bachelor's degree at age 20? Impressive indeed.

Other odd moments of adulthood:

When you start receiving fewer Christmas/birthday presents from your family and don't really care anymore.

When large amounts of money don't phase you as much anymore for necessities (and in this sense, anime/manga is considered a luxury)- like when my friend with a PT job considered an impressive paycheck to be $500- and I barely batted an eye since my paycheck was much higher and I still don't consider moving out from home as fully viable.

You hit the nail on the head there. I've been in school with no more than 4 weeks of break a year since I graduated college. Summer classes may suck, but I'm determined to be amazing in my field.
facebook- because you can never have too many friends!

http://www.facebook....hp?id=607874283

PSN ID: Ranma344

This keyboard of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning feel tells me to post here! Take this, my knowledge, my opinion, and all of my awesomeness! SHINING POST!

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users