• This topic is locked

Rift WoW knock off but IMO better

#1 User is offline   DarkBebi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 58893

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:15 AM

Rift is an amazing WoW rip off with the fighting style and quests pets and stuff but it is so much "prettier" in the fact it is newer == better graphics. The skills are way more than on WoW and I was told that the customization and sub classes is astounding. I will definitely pick this game up on my next check.

Rift has not come out yet but if you pre-order the game you get introduced to the beta and you get a bunch of stuff. I was a late bloomer to WoW so This game is going to be "my" WoW...

Gameplay - [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_9oiBivg-g[/media]
Acen 2013 Cosplay

League of Legends

[*]Head Hunter Master Yi [0% Complete]
[*]Darkforge Jarvan IV [0% Complete]

"Some men just want to watch the world burn"

#2 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:19 AM

I SAW IT!!! O_O I WANT IT!
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#3 User is offline   DarkBebi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:43 AM

http://www.riftgame....bscriptions.php

The payment plan is decent also, it is not as great as DC Universe but still 5 dollars cheaper than WoW a month is ok in my books. There is literly so many classes you can choose from you would never get bored.
Acen 2013 Cosplay

League of Legends

#4 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:01 AM

hmmm, how much is wow? XD
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#5 User is offline   DarkBebi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:36 AM

WoW is 15 a month, no other payment plans and in order to play cata, you have to buy all the other expansions which comes to about 110 dollars.
Acen 2013 Cosplay

League of Legends

#6 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:40 AM

@_@ crazy, and I guess DCUO does have a nice payment plan, not even WOW has 1 year.

#7 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:57 PM

$15 a month is pretty standard for an MMO sub. I must admit Rift has me interested. I'm really hoping to get some time in during their next beta event to see how they execute some of the ideas they have. Mainly in the open character customization system.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#8 User is offline   Ranko 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 54494

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:48 PM

View PostDarkBebi, on 20 January 2011 - 10:15 AM, said:

Rift is an amazing WoW rip off with the fighting style and quests pets and stuff but it is so much "prettier" in the fact it is newer == better graphics. The skills are way more than on WoW and I was told that the customization and sub classes is astounding. I will definitely pick this game up on my next check.

Rift has not come out yet but if you pre-order the game you get introduced to the beta and you get a bunch of stuff. I was a late bloomer to WoW so This game is going to be "my" WoW...

Gameplay - [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_9oiBivg-g[/media]

You do know that WoW itself is a ripoff right? No game is truly original anymore. That being said, this game has caught my interest and I will be looking into it.
facebook- because you can never have too many friends!

http://www.facebook....hp?id=607874283

PSN ID: Ranma344

This keyboard of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning feel tells me to post here! Take this, my knowledge, my opinion, and all of my awesomeness! SHINING POST!

#9 User is offline   DarkBebi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:24 AM

View PostRanko, on 20 January 2011 - 10:48 PM, said:

You do know that WoW itself is a ripoff right? No game is truly original anymore. That being said, this game has caught my interest and I will be looking into it.

I wasn't meaning ripoff in a bad way at all, I was only referring a new game to a popular game to get the attention of others, and I thought minecraft was pretty original in a sense.

I always get like this when it comes to new games, same thing with DCUO, I was so excited and full of joy but when I heard it was just another game made for the console and just ripped on the PC, it totally turned me off <.<. But with Rift I just hope its different.
Acen 2013 Cosplay

League of Legends

#10 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:25 AM

DCUO is amazing though. ^_^ i'm a DCUO fanboy now!

technically every thing ripped off D&D!

DCUO itself is a total rip of COH, but much better.

#11 User is offline   Ranko 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:28 PM

Ugh... don't even get me started on DCUO... that game is just terrible.

This keyboard of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning feel tells me to post here! Take this, my knowledge, my opinion, and all of my awesomeness! SHINING POST!

#12 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:30 PM

View PostRanko, on 21 January 2011 - 02:28 PM, said:

Ugh... don't even get me started on DCUO... that game is just terrible.

how so?

#13 User is offline   Ranko 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:02 PM

View PostKasin, on 21 January 2011 - 02:30 PM, said:

how so?

The combat system is terrible, not to mention for this day and age the graphics look like something from the 90's, but this is just my opinion... Not to mention... City of Heroes isn't that great either...

#14 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2011 - 08:37 AM

I have to say for graphics, it's one of the best mmo out there. I mean it is a mmo, and not many have amazing graphics.

i mean wow is number one, and the graphics look cartoony.

now the combat is pretty much console based button smashing, but with a skill tree.

I love it. Especially the act that you can combine your powers. Say ice, and super speed, weapons and super speed, or weapons and ice armor.

it reminds me of a solo ultimate alliance, but with a mmo twist.

#15 User is offline   Naruto9thDemon 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 9171

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:54 AM

I got into Beta so I'll show some vids I'll try and record some footage. If you guys have questions just ask and I'll check it out as best I can.
~* That's Right I'm Kira *~

http://www.youtube.c...TR?feature=mhum

^ My Youtube Channel. Check it out.

#16 User is offline   DarkBebi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:05 AM

yes, I too got in the Beta, I have a key that can be used 25 times, so if anyone else is interested I can just PM you the key so you can try it out too, the next event starts on the 25th and ends on the 28th, so contact me before than.
Acen 2013 Cosplay

League of Legends

#17 User is offline   riuloo 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 19461

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:48 PM

I've also been keeping up with Rift and am really looking forward to it. I just hope it ends up meeting my expectations. I'll be in the upcoming beta, too :D Just curious, what classes are you thinking about trying?

#18 User is offline   Naruto9thDemon 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:13 PM

Assassin

#19 User is offline   Naruto9thDemon 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:36 PM

Anyone been on today?

#20 User is offline   DarkBebi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:59 PM

I have, I am level 13 Cleric, One thing that I absolutely hate is walking so slow, it is mind boggling going from super speed/jumping/flight to crawling without using your legs. I miss that high speed movement. I do not think I am going to be buying this game, it is fun though...
Acen 2013 Cosplay

League of Legends

#21 User is offline   Naruto9thDemon 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:30 AM

Yea I'm a lvl 14 Rogue and the game is really linear nothing is really different from a Aion/WoW playing experience. So far I'm not really impressed.

#22 User is offline   riuloo 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 19461

Posted 29 January 2011 - 01:22 PM

I agree that the game was linear and wasn't particularly innovative; that said though, I still enjoyed it a lot. I played a rogue on both sides and liked the Guardian side more, mainly because it was less populated, which made the rifts and invasions a bit more challenging and more fun.

Not sure whether I'll buy the game or not.... I think I'll wait until next beta to decide.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users