Anime Central Forums: ***Official Hotel Questions Thread*** - Anime Central Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

***Official Hotel Questions Thread*** Ask them here if you want an answer :D

#31 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19670

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:18 PM

Booked my room today. All's well so far.
Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

#32 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:58 PM

IN AN ATTEMPT TO KEEP THIS SECTION CLEAN PLEASE ASK ALL HOTEL RELATED QUESTIONS HERE.

I WILL BE ASSISTING BRENT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE ON ANSWERING HOTEL QUESTIONS [Hip hip hooray!]

Thank you so much for your understanding on attempting to keep this in an orderly fashion!

#33 User is offline   shadowhawk225 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 18152

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:29 PM

So...is the Embassy totally booked for staying the 19th through the 22nd? I just called a reservation agent and she said it was all booked. But she also asked me if I was part of a convention and after I told her Midwest Animation Promotion Society/Anime Central, she said she didn't even see a block of rooms for it. I'm so confused.
ACen 2017 Plans (totally not final)
AoT/Teen Titans: Raven original design
RWBY: V4 Nora and pajama Neo
Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice Maya Fey
My DevArt Page
I'm on Facebook!

#34 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Member No.:

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:22 AM

Hey Everyone I got ahold of Brent and got an answer:

As of now Double sized double beds ARE indeed completely sold out. Brent will be double checking King beds and if it specific days are still available to book.

Also I spent the last few hours making everyone's life easier on specific hotel policies and questions in this awesome FAQ. As more questions pop up I'll add common ones to the FAQ http://www.acen.org/...hotel-2011-faq/

#35 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:10 PM

View PostManifested Dreams, on 10 January 2011 - 05:32 PM, said:

If you look at the rates posted at the top of the thread, it shows that it goes up depending on the number of people in the room, that is just hotel policy, but we still got a good deal on the rates(Thanks Acen peeps!). I think it's largely because they have a glorious continental breakfast and it's to ensure they have enough food/towels/etc. Having "free" food totally justifies the extra $10/night :D

LOL Thanks I see it now *derp*

@Shadowhawk: Not 100% sure if the rep was doing it wrong or what because I called them on the 10th and they still had rooms open. I had to repeat Anime central or ANI like two or three times before they gave me the rate though.

I have another question, it's hotel related but don't know if it belongs here: Do all the hotels come with mini fridges and microwaves for free with the room or is it the Embassy only so far?
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#36 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10991

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:07 AM

I just found out that my friend book our group's room for the weekend, and she told me that when she went to make the reservation, the Embassy and Hilton were both sold out of the double bed rooms. Perhaps they are now? I dunno, but I'll just state what I was told.
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (60%; Fairy Tail)
Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series), Pearl (100%; Steven Universe)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#37 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Member No.:

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:52 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 11 January 2011 - 08:10 PM, said:

I have another question, it's hotel related but don't know if it belongs here: Do all the hotels come with mini fridges and microwaves for free with the room or is it the Embassy only so far?

This might help from the FAQ I made.

7. What is each hotel room actually include accommodation wise and what does each room type look like? Do we get tv, fridges, hairdryers?
Hyatt: http://www.rosemont....description.jsp

Embassy: http://www.embashttp://www.acen.org/forums/public/style_images/acen/rte_icons/link.pngsyohare.com/accommodations/

Double Tree: http://hilton605-px....2F5810267.etc52 *Click on "Amenities" for what each room type has*

Hilton Rosemont [Formerly Sofitel]: http://www1.hilton.c...96F83296D.etc82 *Click on "Amenities" for what each room type has*

Warning: Hotel fridges are tricky and not always a free accommodation. Certain hotel can clear out fridges or lock them if you do not want any surprises popping up on your bill please request this ahead of time. Unless there is a sign saying complimentary there will most likely be a charge to that jar of peanuts.

#38 User is offline   Brent J. Warren 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 192

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:11 AM

View PostAshori, on 12 January 2011 - 12:07 AM, said:

I just found out that my friend book our group's room for the weekend, and she told me that when she went to make the reservation, the Embassy and Hilton were both sold out of the double bed rooms. Perhaps they are now? I dunno, but I'll just state what I was told.

Morning Ashori,
I am looking into the double double rooms at the Hilton. Those rooms should not be sold out as of yesterday morning we only had 18 reservations @ the Hilton. The Embassy Suites is definitely sold out of double double rooms.

Brent :shuriken:
Brent J. Warren
Ops "Number1" Second ACen 1998-99_Security 2nd ACen 1998-2000
Staff Suite DH ACen 2001,2005-2007
Hospitality DH ACen 2002-2004
Chief of Staff ACen 2008-2009
HCSR - Hotel Convention Site Relations ACen 2011
M.A.P.S. President / C.E.O. 2008-2011
M.A.P.S. Board Member 2006-2012

#39 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10991

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:29 PM

View PostBrent J. Warren, on 12 January 2011 - 11:11 AM, said:

Morning Ashori,
I am looking into the double double rooms at the Hilton. Those rooms should not be sold out as of yesterday morning we only had 18 reservations @ the Hilton. The Embassy Suites is definitely sold out of double double rooms.

Hmm, maybe a glitch or something when she went to register. I dunno; I just went by what I was told and thought it would be good to pass it along just in case. But at least it's nice to know for others that they haven't been sold out yet. ^^
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (60%; Fairy Tail)
Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series), Pearl (100%; Steven Universe)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#40 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:39 PM

My group is meeting on Monday to pick out a hotel and discuss all problems or issues we need to address. Since I'm in charge of keeping up to date on what is happening with the hotels, I have a few questions: (Any answer will help)

Are these 4 hotels our only option with the Acen discount???

What are the status of the hotels' double beds? (Are they all gone?)

How full, percentage wise, are the hotels? (So far)

This post has been edited by MsLovelyCookie: 12 January 2011 - 06:40 PM

I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#41 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:01 PM

^To answer one of your questions, I believe the Aloft is another hotel that's apart of the block and I think that will be the cheapest of them all. It's right behind the Double Tree I believe. I can't recall what last year's prices were, but I think it was under $120 a night.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#42 User is offline   Brent J. Warren 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 192

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:48 PM

View PostMsLovelyCookie, on 12 January 2011 - 06:39 PM, said:

My group is meeting on Monday to pick out a hotel and discuss all problems or issues we need to address. Since I'm in charge of keeping up to date on what is happening with the hotels, I have a few questions: (Any answer will help)

Are these 4 hotels our only option with the Acen discount???

What are the status of the hotels' double beds? (Are they all gone?)

How full, percentage wise, are the hotels? (So far)

At this time yes these are the only 4 hotels with anime central discounted rates. We are working on rates with the aloft.
Double beds status:
Hyatt - all booked
Embassy Suites - all booked
DoubleTree - unknown, will find out tomorrow.
Hilton - 97% booked

Percentage full:
Hyatt 90%
Embassy 65% full (kings are left)
Doubletree unknown at this point
Hilton 65%

Hope this helps

Brent J. Warren
Ops "Number1" Second ACen 1998-99_Security 2nd ACen 1998-2000
Staff Suite DH ACen 2001,2005-2007
Hospitality DH ACen 2002-2004
Chief of Staff ACen 2008-2009
HCSR - Hotel Convention Site Relations ACen 2011
M.A.P.S. President / C.E.O. 2008-2011
M.A.P.S. Board Member 2006-2012

#43 User is offline   Sillybean 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 10638

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:41 PM

Holy Shiii---

I have to watch these forums like a hawk to make sure I get my room. Umm I dunno if this goes here, but did the aloft block fill up last year? If so how fast?
Acen 2011 Cosplays: Itoh (Bible black), Akiha Shishido (Sora Kake Girl), Anbu (Original Punk ver.), Hatsune Miku (World is Mine PV)

#44 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Member No.:

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:24 PM

View PostSillybean, on 13 January 2011 - 02:41 PM, said:

Holy Shiii---

I have to watch these forums like a hawk to make sure I get my room. Umm I dunno if this goes here, but did the aloft block fill up last year? If so how fast?

Aloft room block hasn't been announced yet. Brent will surely inform everyone once there is a set date that the Aloft room block will open.

#45 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:06 PM

View PostBrent J. Warren, on 12 January 2011 - 11:48 PM, said:

At this time yes these are the only 4 hotels with anime central discounted rates. We are working on rates with the aloft.
Double beds status:
Hyatt - all booked
Embassy Suites - all booked
DoubleTree - unknown, will find out tomorrow.
Hilton - 97% booked

Percentage full:
Hyatt 90%
Embassy 65% full (kings are left)
Doubletree unknown at this point
Hilton 65%

Hope this helps

Thank you for the information it is helping us now at the moment we just need to pay for the hotel of our choice.
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#46 User is offline   randy r 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 523

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:06 PM

View Postmagishine, on 07 January 2011 - 07:19 AM, said:

I'll ask my question again here. With the Embassy Suites, when you reserve do you need to pay all up front or do you have to pay a certain amount. With the block opening on Monday, I'm hoping I have enough money to do so

Embassy charges your card a deposit fee of one day's rate on the day before your arrival. If your card doesn't go through, you could lose your reservation. You can pay with a different card when you get ready to leave, but you need to make sure that you have at least one day's payment available on your card of choice that you used for the deposit..
randy

What, me worry?- Alfred E. Newman

#47 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:51 PM

View Postrandy r, on 25 January 2011 - 06:06 PM, said:

Embassy charges your card a deposit fee of one day's rate on the day before your arrival. If your card doesn't go through, you could lose your reservation. You can pay with a different card when you get ready to leave, but you need to make sure that you have at least one day's payment available on your card of choice that you used for the deposit..

Huh wut I didn't experiance that! They charged like 86 bucks only when I did arrive extra for fees and such like room service, etc. but nothing the day before! I think that depends on what card you use since I didn't have to deal with that and that's why I considered doing the Embassy again rather than the Hyatt since the Hyatt does charge a month or two a part of the hotel cost before hand.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#48 User is offline   GinTheDark 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 17933

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:47 PM

Heeeeey! I have a question, and I suppose I should post it here!

I'm currently reserved at the Embassy with my friends, and I have a question about their parking charges. It's says it's $23, is that per day? Someone said that if our car doesn't leave the parking garage until we leave on Sunday(we arrive Friday, leave Sunday), we'll only be charged $23 for the 3 days we're there, but I'm not sure if that's right.

I'm just a little unclear on that!
Acen rocks, amirite?

#49 User is offline   opimus.rm 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 28

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:55 PM

That's $ 23 a day regardless if you leave the lot or not.
I'm just a Mazinger in a rock and roll band!

#50 User is offline   touma_karamochi 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 5472

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:25 AM

Actually the ACen rate for parking in the ES lot is $15 per day, I think the $23 is just something the hotel has to list regardless of anything worked out with the convention. Just make sure you mention it to them though(or make sure they have it listed as such on the bill), so they don't charge you the regular amount...
Panels at ACen 2013:
*More Raiding the Boys' Toybox: Girls who like Tokusatsu 2 (Approved!)
*Ultraman: Space Paladins(Approved!)
- Toku-Photoshoot 2014 - Sat Afternoon

#51 User is offline   GinTheDark 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 17933

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:20 PM

View Posttouma_karamochi, on 08 February 2011 - 10:25 AM, said:

Actually the ACen rate for parking in the ES lot is $15 per day, I think the $23 is just something the hotel has to list regardless of anything worked out with the convention. Just make sure you mention it to them though(or make sure they have it listed as such on the bill), so they don't charge you the regular amount...

Ya, I saw that today on the hotel information page! That makes me soooo happy : D Yay!!!
Acen rocks, amirite?

#52 User is offline   Kokoro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19175

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:25 PM

Okay, gotta admit my mother and I are pretty horrified by the rates of these hotels, even with the discounts. The Hyatt in Milwaukee was only $90 per night for Anime Milwaukee! And I thought that was a waste of money...dang. Anyway, called a few of the hotels today, many were filled up, but one woman mentioned the Hilton Garden Inn O'Hare, which is apparently $119 per night, and one mile away from the convention. So in other words, relatively close and a good amount cheaper. Any chance there will be an Acen room block there in the future? We reserved a room at the Hilton Rosemont to be safe, but it's so expensive that we don't wanna have to pay $145 for an extra night (Thursday night) for convenience's sake. So we'd be going down early Friday morning which kinda...sucks. Heh.

Update: We just reserved another room at the Aloft for $99 per night. So we're gonna debate on which reservation to cancel, hopefully by the end of the week. x_x

This post has been edited by Kokoro: 21 February 2011 - 12:37 PM

Rawr. ♥

#53 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:32 PM

View PostKokoro, on 21 February 2011 - 12:25 PM, said:

Okay, gotta admit my mother and I are pretty horrified by the rates of these hotels, even with the discounts. The Hyatt in Milwaukee was only $90 per night for Anime Milwaukee! And I thought that was a waste of money...dang. Anyway, called a few of the hotels today, many were filled up, but one woman mentioned the Hilton Garden Inn O'Hare, which is apparently $119 per night, and one mile away from the convention. So in other words, relatively close and a good amount cheaper. Any chance there will be an Acen room block there in the future? We reserved a room at the Hilton Rosemont to be safe, but it's so expensive that we don't wanna have to pay $145 for an extra night (Thursday night) for convenience's sake. So we'd be going down early Friday morning which kinda...sucks. Heh.

Update: We just reserved another room at the Aloft for $99 per night. So we're gonna debate on which reservation to cancel, hopefully by the end of the week. x_x

Yeah things are expensive here in the Chicago area. But all I say about high rates for hotels and teaces is "welcome to Chicago."
everything is expensive here. D: But hey at least were not in Hawaii when milk is like 5 bucks a gallon.
ACen 2017 Cosplay
Friday: General Esdeath (Akame Ga Kill!) (98% d/t touch ups and re-doing sword)
Saturday: Major Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell ARISE variant] (100%)
RIP Origa <3

COME SEE MY PANELS!!!

"Let's Form a Stand Alone Complex!" Saturday, 12:30 PM – 2:15 PM Panel Room 13 DESCC
"My Ghost Whispers, Therefore I am" Saturday, 3:45 PM – 5:30 PM Panel Room 13

#54 User is offline   Kokoro 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:31 PM

I was just looking up reviews for the Aloft and...not impressed. It has a lot of negatives. Anyone ever stayed there? They don't even have a restaurant, so my mom and I were thinking gee, maybe we should just fork over more money so we can easily get some breakfast and whatnot without having to wander around.
Rawr. ♥

#55 User is offline   Rukariou 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59353

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:31 AM

View PostKokoro, on 21 February 2011 - 07:31 PM, said:

I was just looking up reviews for the Aloft and...not impressed. It has a lot of negatives. Anyone ever stayed there? They don't even have a restaurant, so my mom and I were thinking gee, maybe we should just fork over more money so we can easily get some breakfast and whatnot without having to wander around.

Honestly, I went to read the reviews and I didn't think they were terrible reviews. You have to remember, people are more likely to say something if they didn't like their experience rather than if they did. That's like, Statistics 101.

And about not having a restaurant for breakfast? So what. I would advise bringing your own food, especially if you're looking on saving money. I always bring muffins when I go on trips... 4 muffins at Target is 3.99$ that is like four times cheaper than you'd ever pay at a hotel restaurant.

Just my two cents.
2012 cosplays; Katherine McBride [ Catherine ] | Rachel Alucard [ Blazblue ]
2012 CONS; Anime Detour | Anime Central | Otakon
Currently watching; . . . | Currently playing; Catherine
PSN ID: Rukariou - hit me up if you wanna play some Little Big Planet or kick my butt at Blazblue!

"In the name of the big white thingy in the sky, Tao will punish you!" - Taokaka, Blazblue Continuum Shift

#56 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Member No.:

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:18 AM

Hey everyone,

I got ahold of Brent and he will be getting to these question later this evening. :)

#57 User is offline   audaciouska241 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 10462

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:50 PM

Is there negotiation for a room block at Crowne Plaza in the works?

#58 User is offline   Kokoro 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:34 PM

View PostRukariou, on 22 February 2011 - 10:31 AM, said:

Honestly, I went to read the reviews and I didn't think they were terrible reviews. You have to remember, people are more likely to say something if they didn't like their experience rather than if they did. That's like, Statistics 101.

And about not having a restaurant for breakfast? So what. I would advise bringing your own food, especially if you're looking on saving money. I always bring muffins when I go on trips... 4 muffins at Target is 3.99$ that is like four times cheaper than you'd ever pay at a hotel restaurant.

Just my two cents.

What websites did you go on? I looked at a number of different reviews. And while I did take Statistics 101 (thanks), that doesn't mean the negative reviews aren't important or real. I did not like what I read. So I'm curious to hear what others thought of the hotel, or if there will be special rates for other less expensive hotels in the future.

And I don't wanna eat stale muffins for three days that I bought earlier that week. So a restaurant where I can get 3 decent meals per day is important to us.
Rawr. ♥

#59 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Member No.:

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:40 PM

View PostKokoro, on 23 February 2011 - 12:34 PM, said:

What websites did you go on? I looked at a number of different reviews. And while I did take Statistics 101 (thanks), that doesn't mean the negative reviews aren't important or real. I did not like what I read. So I'm curious to hear what others thought of the hotel, or if there will be special rates for other less expensive hotels in the future.

And I don't wanna eat stale muffins for three days that I bought earlier that week. So a restaurant where I can get 3 decent meals per day is important to us.

Yelp is usually really reliable with replies: http://www.yelp.com/...-ohare-rosemont. Keep in mind this is a more modern hotel.

Also an idea on where to get food: http://www.acen.org/...n-survival-map/

#60 User is offline   21rules 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59355

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:03 PM

View PostKokoro, on 23 February 2011 - 12:34 PM, said:

we stayed at aloft last year and have booked again for this year. We found the aloft nice and very quiet compared to some of the other hotels also I don't get the complaints about the walk you can cut through the parking garage and save some time also you can get to the skywalk through said garage and there are a couple restaurants within 5-10 min walk. I believe they also have a shuttle service until midnight that runs to the con every thirty min or so. hope this helps
Hello IT, have you tried turning it off and on again?

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users