• This topic is locked

I'll be there... Artists Attending ACen

#1 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 31 December 2010 - 02:25 PM

So this topic seems to come up every year, but it comes up as like 8 different topics. So I figured I would head off the rush, and create a central location for people to tell others they are coming and other things relatively similar. Please understand that this isn't an online store, and this isn't a place to shamelessly sell random stuff, or promote another event/company like another convention or leasing company.

So I will get the ball rolling XD (Posting here isn't required, just an option that is available XD )

I will be at ACen, but I won't be selling anything due to a conflict of interest. My art work on my deviant art account isn't up to date so there is really no reason to check it out, so I won't post that here. Most of you won't see me, or if you do, you won't know it is me. You will probably get to know the ADHs of Exhibit Space, more specifically you will get to know Jasmine (ADH of Alley) and Robert (ADH of Exhibit Space). I look forward to meeting all of you.
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, & 17
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

#2 User is offline   Kitchan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 24242

Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:44 PM

I will be at ACen as I am ADH of Artists' Alley and Art Show. (I was ADH last year in 2010, as well, so some of you may remember me.)

In fact, I plan on continuing a practice I did last year (some of you may remember this) - I will go around the Alley and check in on artists to see how you all are doing. I understand that it is often difficult for artists to leave their tables and want you to feel like you can ask one of my team, or myself, if you have any questions or need help.

For those of you who are new to the Alley, if you are unclear about how the ACen Artists' Alley works or have questions, PLEASE come to me.

And have fun~
A wild Kit has appeared! What will you do?

#3 User is offline   Manifested Dreams 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19370

Posted 31 December 2010 - 07:12 PM

View PostKitchan, on 31 December 2010 - 04:44 PM, said:

I will be at ACen as I am ADH of Artists' Alley and Art Show. (I was ADH last year in 2010, as well, so some of you may remember me.)

In fact, I plan on continuing a practice I did last year (some of you may remember this) - I will go around the Alley and check in on artists to see how you all are doing. I understand that it is often difficult for artists to leave their tables and want you to feel like you can ask one of my team, or myself, if you have any questions or need help.

For those of you who are new to the Alley, if you are unclear about how the ACen Artists' Alley works or have questions, PLEASE come to me.

And have fun~

I wanted to say that I personally appreciated the checking in. It made me feel like the staff had a personal interest in our happiness and state of mind during the show. The personal touches are why I like Acen so much.

That said, I'll be at Acen as well in the AA

I'm Ari of Manifested Dreams and specialize in amigurumi, jewelry/cell accessories and miscellaneous whimsy.

My deviantart is: http://manifesteddreams.deviantart.com

I love swapping info and getting to know new artists, so please stop by and send me a message anytime :3

My Shop: http://manifesteddreams.etsy.com

Annd, that's about it! Can't wait to see who else will be there, Happy New Year Everyone!

#4 User is offline   heatherazzi 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 17241

Posted 31 December 2010 - 07:37 PM

Hey all!

My name's Heather and this'll by my fourth year at Acen, but my first in the (or, actually, any) Artist Alley. :thumbup: I'll be sharing a table with Kefka, and I'm really looking forward to it! :highfive:

I have a number of ideas, which will likely show up on my dA account as the year progresses. ^_^ You can find me there at http://heatherazzi.deviantart.com . :shuriken:

I also have an Etsy shop, at http://www.etsy.com/shop/heatherazzi . :)

This post has been edited by heatherazzi: 25 January 2011 - 02:07 PM

#5 User is offline   Hooked On Chibis! 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59032

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:16 PM

Hello the con! ^_^

I'm Jenn, and this is my first year at ACen and in its AA, but I've done the AA scene at my local cons (Anime Boston, etc) so I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone here!

I specialize in small crocheted plushies, just the right size for carrying in a coat pocket and/or winging at someone who needs it ;-)

you can find me on dA (Hooked-on-chibis), Facebook (facebook.com/hookedonchibis) and Etsy (hookedonchibis.etsy.com)

I'll see you all in May! *waves*
Hooked on Chibis!
Handmade adorableness ~~ custom dolls
http://hookedonchibis.etsy.com
http://www.facebook.com/hookedonchibis

#6 User is offline   Kitchan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 24242

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:31 PM

View PostManifested Dreams, on 31 December 2010 - 07:12 PM, said:

I wanted to say that I personally appreciated the checking in. It made me feel like the staff had a personal interest in our happiness and state of mind during the show. The personal touches are why I like Acen so much.

Awwwwwwww.... this warmed my heart <3 Thank you~

And yes, we do. Some of us (I can't speak for all of us) have been on the other side of the table, so to speak, and know what it's like participating in Artists' Alley. I have helped sell things at Artists' Alley before (not at ACen though). We're staff now, so we see it from a different angle than you might, but we want to see you happy and to have our Alley succeed.

Oh, speaking of being an artist. I do have a deviantart account, but I don't draw; nor will I be selling anything at Anime Central, because that would be a conflict of interest.

Basically, my job is to ensure a good Artists' Alley experience for you at Anime Central 2011, and I hope to be able to do that.
A wild Kit has appeared! What will you do?

#7 User is offline   thatreevesgirl 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 5892

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:03 PM

I'll be there. ACEN was my very first convention ever way back in 2004. I started in the art show back in 2005, and then participated in the artist's alley every year after that. I can pretty much attribute most of the reason why I'm an artist traveling around the country and selling stuff to ACEN, ACEN's artist panels, and cool people I met in the alley. I'm excited that I received my confirmation email today, and I'll be there with bells on...well maybe not bells, probably a crocheted octopus strapped to my head.

This post has been edited by thatreevesgirl: 31 December 2010 - 10:04 PM

#8 User is offline   Chao-Fangirl 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 19459

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:35 AM

I will be in artist alley this year as well. This will be my second year attending ACEN but my first year as an artist in artist alley at this particular convention (been doing artist alley at conventions since 2005). The link to my deviantART page is in my signature. I will be selling plushies and taking commissions for them at the convention.

I have an etsy shop as well, but it is not currently active. I haven't had a chance to make new stock for it yet, but here it is anyway: http://www.ninjaofthenight.etsy.com

If any attendees planning to commission any artists happen to be reading this, please please PLEASE make sure to bring reference images with you to the convention. It will make the whole transaction much easier for you and the artist that you are commissioning.

#9 User is offline   Tokoz 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 18712

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:44 AM

My studio will be there. :) We're studio Lobster Ball (it's like a hamster ball, but for lobsters). This will be our second ACen. Tsuki does custom needle felted plushies, and bakoneko does cosplay costumes for large dolls and some other sewing projects. I have some of my costume wings to sell and also hopefully some hand painted silk scarves. Heh, I also make balloon animals -- I think that was actually more profitable than my wings last year so I'll definitely be back torturing latex for congoers' enjoyment. ;)

Our studio page is here http://studiolobster...deviantart.com/ , and bakoneko also has an etsy shop as Handy With a Needle.

#10 User is offline   MBluesummers 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3768

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:51 AM

I'll be there with my prints, both original and fanart. Hopefully more work of my "horror project" will be ready to display in the art show and at my table. It'll be a while till I self publish, but the closer I get, the more I'll have to show.

And fanart, lots of yummy fanart hopefully in 8x11 and 11x17 prints for all to enjoy.

If yah wanna see my online portfolio over DA the link is: http://Littlemeesh.deviantart.com

#11 User is offline   rei_0 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 4098

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:58 AM

I'll be there. Probably wearing the same costume all weekend. While it's not my first time at acen, it is my first time in the artist alley.

my deviantart is rei-0.deviantart.com, and I'm totally open to taking requests and whatnot.
2015 - Triumphant return!

Artist Alley hiatus

#12 User is offline   Lord Warhammer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 11892

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:21 AM

I'll be there. The Exhibit Hall is my department now. I'll either be in a suit or have a giant axe strapped to my back. This will be my 4th year at ACEN, 3rd year staffing.

If you want to take a look at some of the stuff I have made, check out http://lordwarhammer.deviantart.com/

This post has been edited by Lord Warhammer: 05 January 2011 - 10:22 AM

Artist Alley Assistant Department Head!
myspace, facebook, youtube, and photobucket links are on my about me page.
ACEN cosplays.. time to plan plan plan.

I go to and staff many cons. Let's have a blast!

#13 User is offline   brands01 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59180

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:23 PM

Saratonin Studios will be there. Our first time at Acen. Feather wings, Steampunk jewelery, cat ears, horns. Check us out at saratoninwings.com We are in the process of updating the site. If there is anything people want to see, let us know and we'll try to have it there.

#14 User is offline   MuffinSquire 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 58477

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:35 PM

I'll be there, along with the rest of studio Soup Inna Cup.

Between the three of us, we will have some fanart (both on the cutesy side and the beautiful-detailed side), and some OCs in the form of bookmarks, prints, buttons and commissions. We also have some very pretty wire-wrapped jewelry (so nice that I buy them from my own studio. So pretty!), sculpy charms, a couple of different duct-tape products, and a comic that's in the works that will hopefully have it's first issue ready!

My dA is at muffinsquire@deviantart, and our other main artist is at athena-kitty@deviantart. We have one final artist, but he is a bit more shy about his stuff and is pretty new to drawing, so he's mostly our helper and gopher. His dA is at opsneakie@deviantart, though it's mostly writing up there right now.

If there's anything you want to see from any of us in particular, please let us know! <3

Man, looking at everyone else's art (my competition, I guess?) has me feeling awfully nervous about this alley. Everyone else is so good!

(edited for spelling and my inability to write code)

This post has been edited by MuffinSquire: 05 January 2011 - 02:35 PM

Yo.

#15 User is offline   nprecords 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59170

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:34 PM

Hey, I'm gonna be there, I guess!

I'm an electronic musician from northern Indiana, and I make music heavily inspired by video games. I'll be selling a couple CDs for cheap, and some prints as well of some characters I made to represent the 'artists' I write music as for the website.

This will be my seventh year in a row attending Anime Central, and my first year in the Artist Alley! Needless to say I am pumped beyond all imagination.

I know my work is probably kindof out of place, being mostly music instead of physical artwork or rad clothing gear, but I'm hoping everybody enjoys what I'll be bringing to the table. 8D

Also! If you want examples of the music that will be there, you can head to my website for my full albums currently released, or you can go to my soundcloud for some free tracks, including some fairly rad video game remixes!

The Website!
The Soundcloud!

This post has been edited by nprecords: 07 January 2011 - 01:37 PM

#16 User is offline   evaunit01berserk 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 32255

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:45 AM

View Postnprecords, on 07 January 2011 - 01:34 PM, said:

I'm an electronic musician from northern Indiana, and I make music heavily inspired by video games.

Well this will be something fresh in the AA that I haven't seen before
Need a room? We find rooms.
Throw in a request and we will scour the web

#17 User is offline   BlackWaltzPinion 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 18824

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:06 PM

-groan- On the waiting list for a table again this year. The suspense is killing me! But I signed up 2 hours after registration opened, so I'm hoping that was soon enough to get a table. I didn't get accepted into AA until the middle of January last year, so here's hoping we luck out! It'll be Cello Raptor's fourth year at the convention if we do manage to get a table. ...I need to get our table cloth dry cleaned.

magefeathers of Cello Raptor Studios
Love thy plague.
2012 Cosplay = Flam
My DeviantArt

#18 User is offline   KurolokiRoku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 1211

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:57 PM

Hmmmmmm Mr. Voltaire30, I don't think I've personally met you but I feel like I should have o_o Probably everybody feels that way, heh.

So hello everyone, I don't usually announce myself because I don't think I have any fans, but my studio name is RoKulie and I've been in the artist alley on and off for a few years. My first alley experience was actually at Anime Reactor! LOL who remembers that?! Probably everybody...ok.

I usually draw original characters in traditional media. Here's my DA: http://kuroloki.deviantart.com/

I LOVE networking with other artists, so feel free to drop by :D

#19 User is offline   KurolokiRoku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 1211

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:01 PM

View Postnprecords, on 07 January 2011 - 01:34 PM, said:

I'm an electronic musician from northern Indiana, and I make music heavily inspired by video games. I'll be selling a couple CDs for cheap, and some prints as well of some characters I made to represent the 'artists' I write music as for the website.

Wow! I guess I glossed over the thread too quickly, because I missed this. I will definitely visit your table. I've always wanted to make CD's for my characters' bands and sell them along with my art, but I lack the proper equipment, and most likely the skill as well, hahaha.

#20 User is offline   DC PandaRage 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59341

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:47 PM

Panda Rage will be back again this year, our nearly 11th straight year (took 2007 off to get married, I know...PRIORITIES!).

We intend to offer the following:

Original art
Buttons n' Pins
Commissions
and if all goes well a brand spanking new book of my ongoing online comic, foundhere!
Moar Stufs

We also tend to be a fun bunch of folks in the AA and we look forward to meeting all of you! Stop by and say hi, especially if this is your first time.

#21 User is offline   Tsubasa no Kami 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59434

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:14 PM

Ah! This is my 1st time at A-cen and in the alley here!

I'm coming with my studio, Singed Cat Studios and Kings of Honey & the Whirlwind webcomic fame.
Kings is going to have his comic in an awesome 80-page manga-sized book with lots of cool extras and art as well as steampunk goggles. I do original and fan art (12x 18 poster size heh heh heh) and copic comishies as well as cute glow in the dark jewelery. OH! and I just got a crazy righteous button maker- and am now making 1" glow in the dark buttons of cute things >3<

:D I hope it's a blast! I'm a little nervous, but mostly super excited.

This post has been edited by Tsubasa no Kami: 04 February 2011 - 06:16 PM

#22 User is offline   Coldfire Customs 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 58882

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:58 AM

Hey, all!

ACen 2011 will be our first con and our first time selling...evars! We've been making chainmaille jewelry and accessories for the last year and a half or so and are really excited for ACen. It's been quite the process getting ready already; quite a few long nights and sore hands, but it's all a labor of love, right? ...Right?

Our dA is listed in our signature, so please do check it out! We'd love to make a few friends (and would love some insider pro tips from you seasoned vets!) before the con. :D

Cheers,
Mikaela (and Mike, who is still asleep)
CFC

#23 User is offline   Fyire Childe 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59629

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:10 PM

I am Fyire of IdeaFish Publications and I hope to see you all for my second ACEN artist alley!

Feel free to visit my new site, in progress as my partner in crime is as busy as I am, or not or whatever. You can also follow me on twitter @FyireChilde, or just stop by and say hi at the convention. Anything is cool.

#24 User is offline   Craven_Fox 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59119

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:57 AM

Hey there! I'm part of a two artist studio called Toasty Productions. This is not our first Artist Alley, but it is our first time selling at Acen!

You can see our stuff here and here!

See you there! : )

#25 User is offline   Coldfire Customs 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 58882

Posted 16 March 2011 - 12:51 PM

View PostCraven_Fox, on 12 March 2011 - 12:57 AM, said:

Hey there! I'm part of a two artist studio called Toasty Productions. This is not our first Artist Alley, but it is our first time selling at Acen!

You can see our stuff here and here!

See you there! : )

oOo! I'm loving those collars! Can't wait to see what you have at ACen! :3

Cheers,
Mikaela
CFC

#26 User is offline   screamforme 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 19321

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:22 AM

Scream For Me will be there for our 3rd year in a row....bringing you creepy goodness of your favorite anime characters

we'll be selling acrylic charms which you can choose to purchase as a cell phone charm or a keychain, we'll also be selling prints, our usual bookmarks, small geisha plushies, and we'll also be giving out free stickers!

check out our dA Right Here!

and...hopefully you'll find something you like and we'll see you at Acen!
Scream For Me
From Our Nightmare to Yours

Cosplay for 2010
Obscure Kyo and Gothic Lolita

#27 User is offline   Hellmaster Bean 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9131

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:28 PM

I'll be there, albeit not in the alley. My partner in crime and I decided to take a year off (Partly cause we we're sure we'd get a table)

So instead I'll be showcasing some of my plush in the art show. I'm excited, it's my first time there
Ya darn kids with your One Piece and your rock n' roll music! Get offa my Upper Yard!!

Proud Member of The Three Pegases!

Visit us on Facebook and DeviantArt for cute plush and more.

#28 User is offline   bunnybeth 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 15

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:44 PM

BadCat Studios will be back this year, and we're excited! We had to miss last year due to various reasons, but otherwise we've been in the alley since 2005 and attending ACen since 2001.

We will mostly have buttons, prints, bookmarks, custom commissions, and our Anime Eats! cookbook. We'll also be promoting our new webcomic, CONversations, some of which is based off of our past experiences with ACen. I will be trying my hand at some craft projects, and have already made some felt foods and glass bead bracelets. I also hope to make some washi pendant necklaces.

Hope to chat with some of you there!
CONversations A webcomic about the CON experience
Anime Eats! A cookbook inspired by food in anime and manga.

"Words can only hurt if you try to read them. Don't play their game." -Derek Zoolander
[BadCat Studios] [CONversations] [Bunnybeth.net]

#29 User is offline   Christy 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 2434

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:28 PM

Kumate Works Studio will be returning for our 10th (egad!) year at Acen. This year we'll have some new artwork and books, including a collected edition of The Apprentice with supplemental material in the back and The Apprentice Volume 5.

We'll also be presenting another round of our "How Not to Starve as a Starving Artist" Artist Alley business panel which features practical business advice on being in Artist Alley. This year we've been scheduled on Saturday evening which means that it'll be more convenient for this year's AA attendees to come.

We've also set up a portfolio review with some other alley artists like Panda Rage Press, but due to a scheduling conflict with the other panel, we may need to rearrange a few things with panel programming. Hopefully, it'll work out back to back with the Starving Artist panel. :)

#30 User is offline   Karmada 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 15495

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:14 PM

Karmada here!

Formerly known as Mechanical Rose, I took a year off, and am now introducing myself as CRASH BANG LABS!

I should have some smaller prints to offer, some miscellaneous delightful accessories, and I'm that gal who makes the Pokemon gym leader badge sets!

I will have TWO NEW badge sets (along with original KANTO badges): I will be preparing JOHTO league, and a special set of "Gary Oak" badges. :)

NEW this year I will hopefully have a poster (I'd like to make more if it does well), and my newest addition: BUTTONS! I will have pre-made ones, as well as doing custom button commissions.

I may have my custom ID badges as well - we'll see if I can pack em in the car once I get all this new stuff done!

I can't wait to see you all there!

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users