Anime Central Forums: Artist Alley Registration Help Topic - Anime Central Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Artist Alley Registration Help Topic The Help Desk, but on the Forums. 2011 Edition

#91 User is offline   brands01 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59180

Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:10 AM

View PostVoltaire30, on 22 December 2010 - 01:54 PM, said:

I don't mean to be a stick in the mud, and it's not that I dont love you guys, but its 7-10 buisness days which means between the 27th-30th of December, if I'm on here around the christmas holiday my fiancee will kill me. I will try to get things done sooner, but I wanted to give you a time in the email when you can be guaranteed to hear back from us.

Hope you and your fiancée had a wonderful christmas, and I wish you and everyone else a Happy, Healthy New Year.

Now, I don't mean to be a stick in the mud, and I realize that this probably turned out to be more difficult than you ever thought it would be, but you guaranteed we would hear back from you by yesterday, so how about an update.

#92 User is offline   tiarah 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 42276

Posted 31 December 2010 - 08:57 AM

View Postbrands01, on 31 December 2010 - 04:10 AM, said:

Hope you and your fiancée had a wonderful christmas, and I wish you and everyone else a Happy, Healthy New Year.

Now, I don't mean to be a stick in the mud, and I realize that this probably turned out to be more difficult than you ever thought it would be, but you guaranteed we would hear back from you by yesterday, so how about an update.

Actually, they have until 1/3/2011 to reply back. 7-10 business days excludes weekends and holidays. Christmas Eve and New Years Eve are technically federal holidays, so yesterday would have been business day #9 and Monday will be business day #10. :)

ETA: I understand Voltaire posted the 27-30 of December, but this is an insane time of year for pretty much everyone. We can have a few more days of patience so they can make sure everything is in order before sending out emails.

This post has been edited by tiarah: 31 December 2010 - 08:59 AM

#93 User is offline   brands01 

• Pip

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:53 AM

View Posttiarah, on 31 December 2010 - 08:57 AM, said:

Actually, they have until 1/3/2011 to reply back. 7-10 business days excludes weekends and holidays. Christmas Eve and New Years Eve are technically federal holidays, so yesterday would have been business day #9 and Monday will be business day #10. :)

ETA: I understand Voltaire posted the 27-30 of December, but this is an insane time of year for pretty much everyone. We can have a few more days of patience so they can make sure everything is in order before sending out emails.

First of all, I am just asking for an update, not the the final answer.

Federal holidays are for Federal employees. They get New years and christmas eves off this year because the legal public holidays fall on weekends.

The Legal Public holidays, the ones that apply to non fed employees, are the actual day, i.e. 12/25 and 1/1.

However, they picked the 7-10 day window based on business holidays. Businesses were open on 12/24, and they are open today.

#94 User is offline   LinkJun 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 16763

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:12 PM

*cough*splittinghairsagain*cough* :rolleyes:

#95 User is offline   brands01 

• Pip

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:14 PM

View PostLinkJun, on 31 December 2010 - 12:12 PM, said:

*cough*splittinghairsagain*cough* :rolleyes:

He posted the dates, not me!

#96 User is offline   brands01 

• Pip

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:20 PM

View Postbrands01, on 31 December 2010 - 12:14 PM, said:

He posted the dates, not me!

Well, I just got my email, so the points moot. Thanks to the staff, and Happy New Year everyone.

#97 User is offline   LinkJun 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 16763

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:28 PM

Same here! Good luck to everyone, I hope to see all of you in May!

#98 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 31 December 2010 - 01:55 PM

Ok, now that confirmations and waiting list emails have been sent out, I am going to close this topic, and here is why:

This topic was created to be a via point for us to get straight to the important questions, comments, concerns, and etc... of the AA registration and it's form. As the Alley is full, the waiting list is healthy, and the form is running smoothly now, I do not really see a point in keeping this via point open.

As always, we never delete any topic from existence in the AA forum section. We always close the topic and then after a while (mostly a day or two) move it to the archives, as there is no need for it anymore and I want to make sure a record is kept of the activities so you can refer back to them later.

Happy Holidays everyone, and please drive safely..... even though it is 54 degrees outside up here in the northern regions of Illinois.

This post has been edited by Voltaire30: 31 December 2010 - 01:56 PM
Reason for edit: Removed Emoticon, because they apparently hate me and won't show up correctly.

Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, & 17
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users