Anime Central Forums: Artist Alley Registration Help Topic - Anime Central Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Artist Alley Registration Help Topic The Help Desk, but on the Forums. 2011 Edition

#31 User is offline   Manifested Dreams 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 19370

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:00 PM

View PostHellmaster Bean, on 16 December 2010 - 08:57 PM, said:

No, I checked. I haven't even gotten one email. Who was the sender anyway?

All the e-mails were coming from the artshow e-mail address, which is the same mailing list e-mail it's been for a few years. I'm not staff, so I really can't offer any sort of answer. I just know they were sent out via the mailing list.

This post has been edited by Manifested Dreams: 16 December 2010 - 09:05 PM

#32 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:02 PM

View PostHellmaster Bean, on 16 December 2010 - 08:57 PM, said:

No, I checked. I haven't even gotten one email. Who was the sender anyway?

I just went through our past records, and our current mailing list. I may have some information as to why you did not receive updates. Please send me an email and I can go into more detail.
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, & 17
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

#33 User is offline   Hellmaster Bean 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9131

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:03 PM

Thanks...
Ya darn kids with your One Piece and your rock n' roll music! Get offa my Upper Yard!!

Proud Member of The Three Pegases!

Visit us on Facebook and DeviantArt for cute plush and more.

#34 User is offline   Lord Warhammer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 11892

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:08 PM

View Posttatsumakichan, on 16 December 2010 - 08:42 PM, said:

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this but if I don't get in to AA this year (and I just purchased my badge 2 days ago because I thought it was necessary), will it still be possible to request the badge be mail to me?

Hello!

check out the Registration FAQ http://www.acen.org/...ation-2011-faq/
or you can email registration@acen.org
Artist Alley Assistant Department Head!
myspace, facebook, youtube, and photobucket links are on my about me page.
ACEN cosplays.. time to plan plan plan.

I go to and staff many cons. Let's have a blast!

#35 User is offline   Emoon18 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 20497

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:11 PM

Whoa, whoa, whoa! What the heck? o.O

I didn't receive any emails AT ALL (and I know I'm in the mailing list, since I was in Artist Alley for the past 2 years). I even checked my spam mail as well. But I didn't receive any emails regarding about Artist Alley Registration at all! Good thing I just happen to think about it, go the website and register just now. But now I'm in the waiting list.

Sorry, but I'm so not a happy camper. =(

#36 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:25 PM

View PostEmoon18, on 16 December 2010 - 09:11 PM, said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa! What the heck? o.O

I didn't receive any emails AT ALL (and I know I'm in the mailing list, since I was in Artist Alley for the past 2 years). I even checked my spam mail as well. But I didn't receive any emails regarding about Artist Alley Registration at all! Good thing I just happen to think about it, go the website and register just now. But now I'm in the waiting list.

Sorry, but I'm so not a happy camper. =(

Did you sign-up for the mailing list with the same email that you completed the form with? or did someone sign-up for you? I am cross-referencing a lot of records right now, and I am not getting anything resembling your contact information in the ML.

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

#37 User is offline   Emoon18 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:33 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on 16 December 2010 - 09:25 PM, said:

Did you sign-up for the mailing list with the same email that you completed the form with? or did someone sign-up for you? I am cross-referencing a lot of records right now, and I am not getting anything resembling your contact information in the ML.

Yes, I'm SURE I'm in the mailing list. I've gotten emails from you before. But seems I hadn't gotten any lately (or from the past few days that you've mentioned from a previous post), and I DO check my email/spam box everyday.

This post has been edited by Emoon18: 16 December 2010 - 09:39 PM

#38 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:35 PM

View PostEmoon18, on 16 December 2010 - 09:33 PM, said:

Yes, I'm SURE I'm in the mailing list. I've gotten emails from you before. But seems I hadn't gotten any lately (or from the past few days that you've mentioned from a previous post), and I DO check my email/spam box everyday.

Can you email me the email address? because the last thing that I have that was sent to your email was back in July, and I would like to find out what happened as much as you do.

#39 User is offline   Emoon18 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:42 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on 16 December 2010 - 09:35 PM, said:

Can you email me the email address? because the last thing that I have that was sent to your email was back in July, and I would like to find out what happened as much as you do.

Sent!

#40 User is offline   Jguy 

• Elite Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Elite
  • Member No.: 18261

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:56 PM

the IT department would like to apologize for the disruptions in the website while the artist alley was opened. We're working on some new hardware for the website, but we think we have everything fixed for now. We'll definitely be prepared for next year. We're still trying to compile exactly how many hits we had all at once, maybe we'll release that figure out to you guys. XD

Anyway, thanks for your patience. I was on the server all night trying to keep the loads balanced while everything went on and it was a nail biter for sure.
Go ahead and stop by my website: My Site

jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cookie
apt-get: cookie not found
jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cake
apt-get: cake not found[/font][/center]

#41 User is offline   Hellmaster Bean 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 16 December 2010 - 11:28 PM

I'm annoyed that things got screwed up with my email and since I didn't know I couldn't fix it...

I guess all I can do is pray a spot will open up. Hopefully I'm not too far down the waiting list

*goes to console herself with robot yaoi*
Ya darn kids with your One Piece and your rock n' roll music! Get offa my Upper Yard!!

#42 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2010 - 11:32 PM

View PostHellmaster Bean, on 16 December 2010 - 11:28 PM, said:

I'm annoyed that things got screwed up with my email and since I didn't know I couldn't fix it...

I am very sorry, I will make sure that when we send out the last ML for this year, we will make it the text bold and larger that says you need to sign up again for the next year. Thank you for your input, and I apologize for the situation.

#43 User is offline   HaCkKiTi 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59166

Posted 16 December 2010 - 11:34 PM

View PostChao-Fangirl, on 16 December 2010 - 08:00 PM, said:

Here's hoping I somehow managed to get into artist alley. According to the timestamp on the submission email I received and the one on the forums that announced registration was open, I submitted my form in the first 20 minutes it was open. It took that long for me to fill it out because the pages were really slow at loading.

What was the timestamp on your submission email?

#44 User is offline   Iris 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 3989

Posted 16 December 2010 - 11:35 PM

Ahhh bummer. I've done the artist alley for the past 4.. maybe 5 years. Acen won't be the same without it.

Out of curiousity (and to help me make plans) do you guys have any idea how many people are on the waitlist currently?

#45 User is offline   Hellmaster Bean 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 16 December 2010 - 11:51 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on 16 December 2010 - 11:32 PM, said:

I am very sorry, I will make sure that when we send out the last ML for this year, we will make it the text bold and larger that says you need to sign up again for the next year. Thank you for your input, and I apologize for the situation.

Thanks

#46 User is offline   Chao-Fangirl 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 19459

Posted 16 December 2010 - 11:52 PM

View PostHaCkKiTi, on 16 December 2010 - 11:34 PM, said:

What was the timestamp on your submission email?

7:19pm eastern time, which is 6:19pm central time. Registration opened around 6pm central time according to the timestamps on the forum annnouncements. I hope so anyway. This would be my first year in ACEN's artist alley.

#47 User is offline   HaCkKiTi 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59166

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:30 AM

View PostChao-Fangirl, on 16 December 2010 - 11:52 PM, said:

7:19pm eastern time, which is 6:19pm central time. Registration opened around 6pm central time according to the timestamps on the forum annnouncements. I hope so anyway. This would be my first year in ACEN's artist alley.

OMG mine too, my confirmation email came at 6:23pm central time, so thank you so much for that information!!! It gives me so much hope! HUGS and I hope to see you there :)

#48 User is offline   KurolokiRoku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 1211

Posted 17 December 2010 - 10:15 AM

View PostChao-Fangirl, on 16 December 2010 - 11:52 PM, said:

What timestamps are you referring to? I recall the form going up at around 5:30cst or earlier. I was in a bit of a timeless vaccuum during this period, though...

I wonder when the first form was actually submitted. I sat down at the computer at 4:50 (was already logged in, heh) and finally got my form through at 6:22. Man...I was not expecting it to be that bad x_x

Oh, it appears the timestamp on my confirmation email was 6:28. Pfft. So much for sitting down early!

This post has been edited by KurolokiRoku: 17 December 2010 - 10:22 AM

#49 User is offline   heatherazzi 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 17241

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:32 AM

My confirmation e-mail time is 6:28 p.m. The email itself doesn't mention anything about a waiting list, so I'm hopeful. :shuriken:

#50 User is offline   Kitchan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 24242

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:34 AM

To those of you who missed the emails (i.e., got emails in July, and then did not receive emails later on) - as stated to other individuals previously in this thread, we're working to find out what exactly happened with all that and apologize for the inconvenience and hassle.
A wild Kit has appeared! What will you do?

#51 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 4043

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:26 PM

While I can't say for sure how many people we had total on the server - as half Reg and half IT staff I can tell you we had about 15 people submitting in the SAME SECOND at times. Literally - the timestamps are having to go down to the nano second for order of submission!

You guys are crazy... and we love you. Thank you again for everyone being so patient with the process. :D
2013 will be my 11th year at ACen! Staff for '09/'10/'11/'12/'13
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.
Visit the blog for latest news and contests! Disjointed Images Blog
100% guarantee on buttons. If it breaks, come see me for a FREE replacement.

#52 User is offline   megoomba 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 11440

Posted 17 December 2010 - 03:41 PM

My timestamps are at 6:05, 6:18, and 6:36 CST.... I'm so hoping they all made it in ;______; *CROSSES FINGERS*

#53 User is offline   thatreevesgirl 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 5892

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:00 PM

View PostKitchan, on 17 December 2010 - 11:34 AM, said:

To those of you who missed the emails (i.e., got emails in July, and then did not receive emails later on) - as stated to other individuals previously in this thread, we're working to find out what exactly happened with all that and apologize for the inconvenience and hassle.

July is the time that you had to sign up for the new mailing list. The last email I got was in July and then I finally read two weeks ago that we had to sign up for the new 2011 mailing list since the old one didn't carry over. From the sounds of things, I would think that is the culprit. People didn't know that they had to resign up for the mailing list this year and then never got new responses?

#54 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:04 PM

Please remember, if you had the other studio mates complete the form in addition to you completing the form, it will just take us longer to get the accurate number to release to the waiting list. If people have done this, you can let us know, and save us all that soon to be wasted time. Thank you.

#55 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:08 PM

View Postthatreevesgirl, on 17 December 2010 - 07:00 PM, said:

July is the time that you had to sign up for the new mailing list. The last email I got was in July and then I finally read two weeks ago that we had to sign up for the new 2011 mailing list since the old one didn't carry over. From the sounds of things, I would think that is the culprit. People didn't know that they had to resign up for the mailing list this year and then never got new responses?

That appears to be the one main problem with people not getting updates. :(

#56 User is offline   brands01 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59180

Posted 18 December 2010 - 06:07 PM

In the step by step instructions you state:
"If you follow all those simple steps you should be headed in the right direction. If for some unforeseen circumstance you are unable to complete one of the above steps, please let us know and we will try our best to assist you in solving your situation, or we will make the appropriate accommodations for you."

There were many of us who couldn't fill out the form in time because the system was slow, and/or made us start over several times, while others seem to have been able to get in 3 applications. I'd like to know what accommodations you are going to make.

This post has been edited by brands01: 18 December 2010 - 06:22 PM

#57 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2010 - 10:18 PM

View Postbrands01, on 18 December 2010 - 06:07 PM, said:

In the step by step instructions you state:
"If you follow all those simple steps you should be headed in the right direction. If for some unforeseen circumstance you are unable to complete one of the above steps, please let us know and we will try our best to assist you in solving your situation, or we will make the appropriate accommodations for you."

There were many of us who couldn't fill out the form in time because the system was slow, and/or made us start over several times, while others seem to have been able to get in 3 applications. I'd like to know what accommodations you are going to make.

That statement was more geared toward people who had extenuating circumstances, like life altering things. These would be like, "I went into labor" or "My house caught on fire" or etc... Sadly we will not be providing an extreme accommodation for people who either left the site frustrated, or didn't sign-up for the ML, or just were not watching the Site. There were many people refreshing the site repeatedly and registering at the same time, and unfortunately it was out of our control as to who got in and through in what time frame.

We provided accommodations for everyone once by moving the opening date back, as it was due to an internal issue not under your control. People were informed that it would sell out fast. Its the down side of a spot that is in such high demand. Unfortunately we are full so there is nothing more we can do about it other than to help you get onto the waiting list. We do things on a first come first serve basis to ensure fairness.

To address your concern pertaining to the multiple submissions, those people had their studio mates complete a form just in case they didn't get in. This type of activity is, while not against the rules, unfortunate for everyone else trying to get in. We will be releasing extra tables to the wait list in order of timestamps so hopefully you got onto that already.We understand that people choose to pursue this course of action because they wanted to make sure they got in, we had preliminary fail safes for it in the system, but people always get around them or find loopholes. We will try and tighten it up again next year thank you for your concern.

All this said, I appreciate your concern and your attention to detail, I would also like to thank you for reading all the information possible concerning our Registration process. I understand your frustration, and your anger directed toward me, but I will promise that in the future we make, similar posts, along with all of our rules more air tight to prevent potential abuse. Thank you.

#58 User is offline   megoomba 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 11440

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:53 PM

View Postbrands01, on 18 December 2010 - 06:07 PM, said:

.....while others seem to have been able to get in 3 applications.

View PostVoltaire30, on 18 December 2010 - 10:18 PM, said:

To address your concern pertaining to the multiple submissions, those people had their studio mates complete a form just in case they didn't get in.

I just want to make sure this isn't in response to my statement earlier about having three timestamps to go by. Because that isn't the case with my situation.

#59 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:01 AM

So since this is one of the most viewed topics in the Alley / Show forums I figured I would post here.

As some of you may know, there is a waiting list. This waiting list is rather long as you can expect.
We have already received replies asking us what spot they are on the waiting list, or how close they are to the top.

To answer those questions I would like to point out question 111. on our FAQ. I know its rather blunt, but we are going to follow the same stance we had last year. ie. There have been too many complaints in previous years regarding how the waiting list notifications were handled, and we spent the majority of our time answering those questions, comments, and strong suggestions rather than trying to improve the Alley. So, please see 111. on our FAQ.

#60 User is offline   Tokoz 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 18712

Posted 21 December 2010 - 07:52 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on 21 December 2010 - 03:01 AM, said:

So since this is one of the most viewed topics in the Alley / Show forums I figured I would post here.

As some of you may know, there is a waiting list. This waiting list is rather long as you can expect.
We have already received replies asking us what spot they are on the waiting list, or how close they are to the top.

To answer those questions I would like to point out question 111. on our FAQ. I know its rather blunt, but we are going to follow the same stance we had last year. ie. There have been too many complaints in previous years regarding how the waiting list notifications were handled, and we spent the majority of our time answering those questions, comments, and strong suggestions rather than trying to improve the Alley. So, please see 111. on our FAQ.

I understand the policy for not sending updates on one's place in the waitlist queue. However I was wondering if we were going to receive a verification that we've been added to the waitlist officially, after the initial sifting and sorting is done. It'd be good to have for my records.

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users