Anime Central Forums: ACen 2011 Meet & Greet! - Anime Central Forums

• 23 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

ACen 2011 Meet & Greet! We Have A Location And Time!

#61 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:10 PM

View PostPeachy, on 31 January 2011 - 11:13 AM, said:

What time did you guys meet up last year? I ask because I've never been to Acen, and this sounds like a great way to meet people (:

Should be around 8 Thursday night.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2014,2016
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ. No winner for the 2015 Hellfire challenge.

#62 User is offline   Rukariou 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59353

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:32 AM

View PostIsamu, on 31 January 2011 - 04:10 PM, said:

Should be around 8 Thursday night.

Okay, aweosme, thank you :D
2012 cosplays; Katherine McBride [ Catherine ] | Rachel Alucard [ Blazblue ]
2012 CONS; Anime Detour | Anime Central | Otakon
Currently watching; . . . | Currently playing; Catherine
PSN ID: Rukariou - hit me up if you wanna play some Little Big Planet or kick my butt at Blazblue!

"In the name of the big white thingy in the sky, Tao will punish you!" - Taokaka, Blazblue Continuum Shift

#63 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:47 AM

Actually, I think we should get a place situated right now (Time most likely would be 8 as usual.) And as for IHOP, we all should leave around 9. When it gets closer to the date, I'll call IHOP to let them know that we will have a pretty big group coming in so they can prepare better. Also at acen, I'll straighten out the rides too, (since some people usually won't) we can take care of some in this thread with people who need rides and who have cars, but I'll handle the majority at acen since we will know for sure then.

This post has been edited by XenoBlade: 01 February 2011 - 03:38 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#64 User is offline   Pashy-chan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 16936

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:40 PM

Question~ Is the IHOP in walking distance from the Blueline Rosemont stop? @.@;;
ACen 2011: Cosplays have been determined-ish!!!!

Iris - Pokemon Black/White ::: 75%
Female Wario ::: 10%
Ganguro Gal ::: 90%

~TekoMuto Fangirl~

Hello, my name is Poshy...

#65 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:42 PM

View PostPashy-chan, on 01 February 2011 - 12:40 PM, said:

Question~ Is the IHOP in walking distance from the Blueline Rosemont stop? @.@;;

Nope. lol No where close. lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#66 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:56 PM

A set Schedule usually doesnt work to well with these kind of things. Take it from someone that knows. Around that time IHOP wont be busy anyways. If everyone is on board with it its one thing, but in my experience usually people like to be spontanous.
"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#67 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:58 PM

View PostKungPowKirby, on 01 February 2011 - 12:56 PM, said:

A set Schedule usually doesnt work to well with these kind of things. Take it from someone that knows. Around that time IHOP wont be busy anyways. If everyone is on board with it its one thing, but in my experience usually people like to be spontanous.

No, trust me, a set schedule is what we need. I've been going to these things for 3 years now, and when we had set schedules, things moved smoother, last year when there was confusion is when it all fell apart. I was stating time and all that stuff as a meet and greet veteran.

Also, IHOP won't be busy, but they have to be prepared to serve a large amount of people. When we had a huge group last year, they struggled to get everyone's orders in a decent time.

This post has been edited by XenoBlade: 01 February 2011 - 01:00 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#68 User is offline   Pashy-chan 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:09 PM

Ahhhh.. 0o0 So if rides and thinks are settled at ACen... does that mean we meet up initially at the convention center?

~TekoMuto Fangirl~

#69 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:14 PM

View PostPashy-chan, on 01 February 2011 - 01:09 PM, said:

Ahhhh.. 0o0 So if rides and thinks are settled at ACen... does that mean we meet up initially at the convention center?

Yup. (we meet at the hotel btw, not the convention center itself)

basically this is how it goes, we usually try to aim to have people at the meet (which is held someone in the hotel, when a place is decided, we'll let everyone know) then we usually chat, goof around, introduce ourselfs "OH HEY! it's you from the forums! DUUUUUDE IT'S ME!" and then situate rides and stuff. And then at around 9, we would head to IHOP to eat til late. Then everyone goes there own seperate ways
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#70 User is offline   Rukariou 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59353

Posted 02 February 2011 - 04:46 PM

Yeah, you need to make sure to let IHOP know. I remember my old marching band days when we'd go to Denny's after the football games. Sometimes we'd wait an hour for our food, and we should never have to wait so long. This way they'll be able to have enough wait and cooking staffs.
2012 cosplays; Katherine McBride [ Catherine ] | Rachel Alucard [ Blazblue ]
2012 CONS; Anime Detour | Anime Central | Otakon
Currently watching; . . . | Currently playing; Catherine
PSN ID: Rukariou - hit me up if you wanna play some Little Big Planet or kick my butt at Blazblue!

"In the name of the big white thingy in the sky, Tao will punish you!" - Taokaka, Blazblue Continuum Shift

#71 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:45 PM

I believe we have let IHOP know in the past. I remember Excel taking care of it at least one year and I assume she has every year.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#72 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:47 PM

I just thought I should clarify. I didnt mean not to tell IHOP we are coming, just give them a heads up that a group will be coming around x time and that someone will call them a half an hour or so before the group comes. Thats just my two cents.
"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#73 User is offline   Kaia Hatsune 

• Forum's Little Pony
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59449

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:54 PM

I would love to go to the meet and greet, but I do not have a place to stay Thursday night and I do plan on getting their via blue line.

would someone let me stay in their room just for that night or is someone taking the blue line back to the city?

(Sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong thread, I wasn't really sure where to put it)
ACen 2017
Kat(Gravity Rush 2)-5%
My Cosplay.com

#74 User is offline   Pashy-chan 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:32 AM

View PostKaia Hatsune, on 08 February 2011 - 11:54 PM, said:

I would love to go to the meet and greet, but I do not have a place to stay Thursday night and I do plan on getting their via blue line.

would someone let me stay in their room just for that night or is someone taking the blue line back to the city?

(Sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong thread, I wasn't really sure where to put it)

Thank you!! Thank you thank you thank you!! This was my problem exactly!! *Is too taking the blue line there and back.. but I didn't want to go alone.. X-X* I'll PM you~!! ^w^

~TekoMuto Fangirl~

#75 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:36 AM

FINALLY!

I was wondering where this was!

I am going to attempt this for the first time ever in Acen @_@ I heard about this the previous years but this is going to be the year I come out my hiding spot and mingle with humans. Omg this isn't near the blue line which means I definately have to get my bf to drive me to acen this year.

Btw I don't act the same irl like I do on the forums. You will notice this off the bat.

Wow I sound like a drama queen ._.

I got a room pashy but dunno...cause I need help with the hotel cost ._. blame my MUM.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#76 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:36 AM

Sooo...did we decide on a location?
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#77 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:36 PM

Btw I can't met on the 18th if you guys do decide on something because that's my birthday and suppose to met my bf since he might not wake up early enough to drive down to Illinois so we can go to Mitsuwa and Acen at a decent time for the hotel. (He's five hours away.)
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#78 User is offline   Jguy 

• Elite Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Elite
  • Member No.: 18261

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:51 PM

I know I said I'd do this last year, but I'll definitely attempt it this year. There's a lot of you that I have yet to meet but yet we've made semi decent friends on the forums (i.e: You haven't told me to go F--- off yet, so I assume everything's cool).

I may or may not be up for the IHOP thing, if I am then I don't mind giving some folks some rides...not a problem for me.

I know I wouldn't be up for the arcade thing...I'd like to stick close to the con center as staff and all >.<

I even have it in my phone this year! Yay!
Go ahead and stop by my website: My Site

jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cookie
apt-get: cookie not found
jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cake
apt-get: cake not found[/font][/center]

#79 User is offline   animeforever 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59302

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:08 PM

I would totally love to go but sadly it' too far, I don't have a car.. maybe next year. :(

#80 User is offline   Pashy-chan 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:05 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 09 February 2011 - 01:36 AM, said:

FINALLY!

I was wondering where this was!

I am going to attempt this for the first time ever in Acen @_@ I heard about this the previous years but this is going to be the year I come out my hiding spot and mingle with humans. Omg this isn't near the blue line which means I definately have to get my bf to drive me to acen this year.

Btw I don't act the same irl like I do on the forums. You will notice this off the bat.

Wow I sound like a drama queen ._.

I got a room pashy but dunno...cause I need help with the hotel cost ._. blame my MUM.

>w> I bet Fuji is still the hero!!! *Nod nods* And gwaaah.. Super thank you times 5 for offering.. But money is the issue I can't really stay Thursday night myself.. @x@ But you are uber sweet you are! 0w0 THanks!

~TekoMuto Fangirl~

#81 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:17 PM

View PostPashy-chan, on 09 February 2011 - 06:05 PM, said:

>w> I bet Fuji is still the hero!!! *Nod nods* And gwaaah.. Super thank you times 5 for offering.. But money is the issue I can't really stay Thursday night myself.. @x@ But you are uber sweet you are! 0w0 THanks!

I thought about saying the heck with it but I didn't want to charge one person and not charge the other. ._. I'm trying to take it off since I was suppose to spend so much and mom failed and spent all her share of the rent money so I have to pay 1150 dollars now plus back fees. =_=

@Lonely: no friends/anyone from forums that could drive you to Ihop?
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#82 User is offline   Pashy-chan 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:29 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 09 February 2011 - 06:17 PM, said:

I thought about saying the heck with it but I didn't want to charge one person and not charge the other. ._. I'm trying to take it off since I was suppose to spend so much and mom failed and spent all her share of the rent money so I have to pay 1150 dollars now plus back fees. =_=

@Lonely: no friends/anyone from forums that could drive you to Ihop?

No no!! I completely understand!! I wouldn't want you to do that myself.. owo Wouldn't be fair you know?.. @___@ And gwaaaah... That is super frustrating.. Dx You did a search for a roomie, rights?

Also@Lonely: I talked to Xeno about the ride situation! Basically, once we meet there, or closer to the date, we'd all work out ride situations! ^w^ You're not alone missy miss.. *Made the stupid proposition of walking to IHOP earlier.. xD*

This post has been edited by Pashy-chan: 09 February 2011 - 06:34 PM

~TekoMuto Fangirl~

#83 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:26 PM

Yeah Lonely, we usually have more then enough people who are able to drive there and can give rides. You can at least come to the meet and greet and find out right? :D

And I'm going to talk to Flying Elf so he can staple the location down., I can at least say for a fact that it WILL be at 8 oclock thursday(it will be somewhere in the Hyatt, I'll let Elf pick a place). (I think that the arcade is pretty much out since most people don't go thursday.)

And at 9, we'll go to IHOP.

Just in case anyone had questions. We are getting close, so I want to make sure this is more organized then last year.

This post has been edited by XenoBlade: 09 February 2011 - 07:27 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#84 User is offline   animeforever 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59302

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:37 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 09 February 2011 - 07:26 PM, said:

Yeah Lonely, we usually have more then enough people who are able to drive there and can give rides. You can at least come to the meet and greet and find out right? :D

And I'm going to talk to Flying Elf so he can staple the location down., I can at least say for a fact that it WILL be at 8 oclock thursday(it will be somewhere in the Hyatt, I'll let Elf pick a place). (I think that the arcade is pretty much out since most people don't go thursday.)

Just in case anyone had questions. We are getting close, so I want to make sure this is more organized then last year.

Grrr...I don't know anyone to accept lift from them, don't mean to be rude but you can't trust people these day because you knew really know. That person might look normal but be totally mental crazy.
I would rather just wait until next year when i got my own car.

#85 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:19 PM

View PostLonely In Gorgeous, on 09 February 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

Grrr...I don't know anyone to accept lift from them, don't mean to be rude but you can't trust people these day because you knew really know. That person might look normal but be totally mental crazy.

You really don't trust anyone do you?

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#86 User is offline   Kaia Hatsune 

• Forum's Little Pony
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59449

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:42 PM

I know that if i go, I will be taking the train, so would anyone be able to fit me in their car to IHOP?

I don't take up a lot of space! I'm very small XD
ACen 2017
Kat(Gravity Rush 2)-5%
My Cosplay.com

#87 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:48 PM

View PostLonely In Gorgeous, on 09 February 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

Sorry you feel that way, but if you feel that way, then that is how you feel. You can AT LEAST come to the meet and greet part of it right? It's in the Hyatt. The IHOP is the part that requires cars.

View PostLina, on 09 February 2011 - 09:19 PM, said:

You really don't trust anyone do you?

Now now Lina. lol (Been watching too much Katekyo Hitman Reborn lately. I'm gonna turn into Yamamoto. lol

View PostKaia Hatsune, on 09 February 2011 - 09:42 PM, said:

I know that if i go, I will be taking the train, so would anyone be able to fit me in their car to IHOP?

I don't take up a lot of space! I'm very small XD

We'll figure something out for you around the time of the convention or during the meet and greet. :D

This post has been edited by XenoBlade: 09 February 2011 - 09:49 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#88 User is offline   cloudacmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17980

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:04 PM

I hope I can make this this year. I'd like to finally be able to meet some of you people!
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloudacmaster
Cosplays did not happen in 2009, thanks to finals. Things are not looking good in 2010 either :/ I may not make it til Acen until Sat. evening.
Forum Doctor and Forum weather man!

#89 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:45 AM

View PostXenoBlade, on 09 February 2011 - 07:26 PM, said:

What did I do now? As for place. Let me talk to some of my friends on staff first to find out where they'll be running certain things so we don't setup right next to IRT dispatch like we have in a couple years past.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#90 User is offline   kahad 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 532

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:11 AM

I'll be there!!!
K-chan (nickname given by ngsilver)
Are YOU on my grilling list??? (Updated 9-26-2008)
Master Chef of the Great Otaku Army and Spam Squad member!!!
AMV Staff ACen 2005-2007, Panel Programming Staff ACen 2008-2015 :)
Maho! - not just a saying, a way of life.

• 23 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users