Anime Central Forums: Volunteering! - Anime Central Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Volunteering! Want to help out at the con? Look here!

#31 User is offline   Zeth 

• Registration Staff
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 2258

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:52 AM

Amelko- we like it when people sign up before the con :)

This post has been edited by Zeth: 01 February 2011 - 07:37 PM

#32 User is offline   Amelko 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59283

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:05 AM

Zeth -- Awesome. I'll sign up today then. :)
Give yourself prudence, and love your friends. Subway kid rejoice your truth.

"What is yaoi? Is it edible?" - my mom

#33 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:10 AM

Also as an important note, if you're going to help unload the truck/s please do not wear sandals/flip-flops

Just thought I'd throw that out there, as it's a safety issue. :)
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#34 User is offline   Amelko 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:16 PM

View PostAlkaren Hyralt, on 26 January 2011 - 10:10 AM, said:

Also as an important note, if you're going to help unload the truck/s please do not wear sandals/flip-flops

If I get assigned to that, I swear I will not wear sandals or flip flops of any kind. :)

I just submitted my form a few minutes ago. ^_^

Man, I'm going to DIE Sunday night. XD

#35 User is offline   Strawberry Alchemy 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59111

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:43 PM

I'm going to go ahead and submit the form, too. =]

#36 User is offline   Zeth 

• Registration Staff
  • Pip

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:03 PM

View PostAlkaren Hyralt, on 26 January 2011 - 10:10 AM, said:

Seconding this, with the added note that I'd really recommend not wearing flip-flops at all if you're volunteering, because we WILL need you to run around all over the place- good comfortable shoes make things a lot better!

#37 User is offline   Strawberry Alchemy 

• Pip

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:38 PM

View PostZeth, on 26 January 2011 - 05:03 PM, said:

Seconding this, with the added note that I'd really recommend not wearing flip-flops at all if you're volunteering, because we WILL need you to run around all over the place- good comfortable shoes make things a lot better!

Aha, alright! I'll be sure to pack my Nike's.

#38 User is offline   Amelko 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:09 PM

View PostZeth, on 26 January 2011 - 05:03 PM, said:

Works for me. I don't really like flip flops much anyway. I hate how they flip. . . and flop. :mellow:

Closed-toe shoes shall be worn!

I'm way too excited for this. :0:

#39 User is offline   Angel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 9337

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:02 PM

View PostZeth, on 05 November 2010 - 01:30 AM, said:

Got free time during the con and want to help out? Volunteering can use you! We always need people to help out with various things around the convention. Whether you do it for the free crash space, comped badge, or just to give back to the con that you love so much, we'll always appreciate you.

Benefits to volunteering include but are not limited to:

Free crash space- work 4 hours per day, get a free place to sleep that night. This only applies to each specific person who works these hours, as we have limited space. You need to work the 4 hours each day that you'll want to use the room.
Comped badge- work 16 hours total, get your badge refunded, or a free one next year!
LOVE AND ADORATION from DESPERATE STAFFERS who need YOUR HEROICALLY PROVIDED AID- <3 <3 <3

We always need help on Thursdays as well as the con proper, and hours worked Thursday and Sunday afternoon count for double towards your total count. Just ask a staffer where to find us, and we should be on your handy con map as well.

Also, a lot of staff starts out through volunteering- that's what I did! Let us get to know you this way!

That said....any questions? :)

RULES HAVE CHANGED.
Please take this down. See new Rules and Repost as a Reference.
HI!
If you have any Questions feel free to: E-mail: Me! Angel = ) Volunteers DH Click on This Link HERE
NEW RULES:16 Hours = Roll Over Badge for Next Year (You Can NOT give this to a friend)
6 Hours Each Day, for Crash Space that Night.
First come, Fist serve. Crash Space is NOT Guaranteed.
You must be at least 18 to become a Volunteer & to qualify for Crash Space. ID Required.
Thanks for all your help in advance! And if you've done this once already, can't wait to see you again this year!
If you only want to work Before & After Con: Sign Up for The Set-Up/Tear-Down Team!

#40 User is offline   Angel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:07 PM

View PostZeth, on 13 November 2010 - 12:27 AM, said:

animedorkguy: I'm not completely certain- I'll check in with people and let you know here when I find out. I want to say you dont need to have your badge yet when you first sign up- say, if you get there before registration opens on Thursday, you can sign up with us, go stand in line, and then come back to work, etc. I'll post again when I find out for certain.

callmeSamuel: Volunteering for acen isn't nearly that...formal, I guess you'd say. There's no pre-signing-up involved. All you do is come to the volunteering headquarters room when you get to the con and we work it out from there.

This is incorrect as well.
HI!
If you have any Questions feel free to: E-mail: Me! Angel = ) Volunteers DH Click on This Link HERE
NEW RULES:16 Hours = Roll Over Badge for Next Year (You Can NOT give this to a friend)
You must be at least 18 to become a Volunteer & to qualify for Crash Space. ID Required.
Thanks for all your help in advance! And if you've done this once already, can't wait to see you again this year!
If you only want to work Before & After Con: Sign Up for The Set-Up/Tear-Down Team!

#41 User is offline   Amelko 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:08 PM

Well, I've already signed up with the form, and I'm not going to be under 18 again, so that's fine for me. XD

Do Thursday and Sunday still count as double hours?

#42 User is offline   Angel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:13 PM

View PostAlkaren Hyralt, on 26 January 2011 - 08:27 AM, said:

Main Programming usually will start setting up around 2pmish or so. Depending on when the truck gets in that has all the equipment on it, as a lot of equipment for other departments come in on the same truck.

Just as an example.

Please do not answer these questions. Every ADH or DH could be nice and give an example. All examples are not answer the questions. Thank you for the thought. They simply are misleading to the attendee in the long run.
HI!

#43 User is offline   Angel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:44 PM

NEW RULES

As of 2/1/2011

Age Limit: Must be at least 16 to be a Volunteer the day of Convention.
ID will be required for Sign Up.
Crash Space Rooms.
These Rules have changed. We fought hard, because I know so many of you come for this reason along. And for this I apologize.
Must be 18 to stay in Crash Space Room.
ID will be required for Sign Up.
An ID will be left with Volunteers Staff if you take a Room Key.
Must be 18 to help IRT Department.
ID will be required as proof of age.

Hours of Operation:
Thursday Volunteers Staff probably will not be ready till after 4pm (This is subject to change - to be posted)
Friday -Saturday 10am - Midnight
Sunday 10am - Close.

Thursday will count as Double hours.
Sunday after 4pm will start Double hours for Tear Down

*Something New*
If you are not Volunteering for Badge Refund or Roll Over and/or
Are Not working for Crash Space:
There is a *NEW* Tear Down Team Sign Up Sheet that can be found at Acen.org
Again, if you are not doing this for a Badge or Crash Space then the other linked form is for you.

The rest of you attendees out there looking to volunteer, I'm asking you to go to Acen.org and Fill Out: The Volunteers Department Form

This has a few questions i.e. Is there anything you'd like to do in particular? Do you have any skills that could be helpful (aka I'm a tech and know wires / I'm a strong person and look forward to moving boxes where I can)

*GOOD NEWS*

Volunteer With The Most Hours Award. IS BACK!
Starting Thursday and Ending on Saturday Midnight when The Headquarters Closes: Will determine who WINS!
Award looks sweet, but I won't announce it now, too soon ;-)

More to come as I think of it...
Sorry for anyone who gets excluded because of the new rules.
This wasn't an easy decision to made. And it wasn't made lightly.

Hope to see everyone there! New faces and veterans alike! All of you are welcome in Headquarters.
Especially, the visits from former Volunteers who have become Staffers! You guys are Great!

Headquarters can be found in: JFK this year. (Outside of the Balcony where the old swimming pool use to be)
See theHotel Map. On Lobby Level

This post has been edited by Angel: 01 February 2011 - 04:44 PM

HI!

#44 User is offline   Angel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:52 PM

View PostSandstorm, on 12 November 2010 - 07:05 AM, said:

Is there a date by which you need to know my availability? I might be able to do this, but I might not.

Even if you are only considering it, and your not sure yet, it would be nice if you would take the time fill out the Volunteers form at acen.org.

Thanks,
Angel
HI!

#45 User is offline   Angel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:21 PM

View PostZeth, on 12 November 2010 - 09:10 AM, said:

Nope! You sign up at the con itself.

Please Respond with the Link for the Acen.org Form
HI!

#46 User is offline   Angel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:24 PM

View Postbasili1250, on 12 November 2010 - 01:00 PM, said:

Many thanks for the heads up. If there ever is a need for heavy heavy lifting, let me know fo sho

IF you are doing Volunteer time for the Badge or Crash Space Purpose Please fill out the Volunteer Form.

IF Not, and you would just like to help out, because you can move boxes (many thanks) then please feel free to fill out the tear down team form at acen.org for more details about the project.
HI!

#47 User is offline   Angel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:28 PM

View PostDtonks9, on 11 January 2011 - 08:00 PM, said:

Sounds like a good deal! So, I show up Thursday afternoon/evening, find the volunteer location, work 2+ hours (or is it four even on Thursday?), and I get to crash that night?

Volunteers Headquarters: JFK Lobby Level.

Thursday hours do equal DOUBLE TIME = 2+ Hours will earn you Crash Space that night (only)
As long as you met the age requirement of 18.

View Postnpark2010, on 29 December 2010 - 12:50 AM, said:

Is there a limit to how many can volunteer? Like you guys get full or anything like that? And does the 4+ hours (I heard it was 5 hours) and free room apply to everyone?

Please refer to the post of the *NEW RULES* for Answers.
HI!

#48 User is offline   Angel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:31 PM

View PostStrawberry Alchemy, on 26 January 2011 - 03:43 PM, said:

I'm going to go ahead and submit the form, too. =]

Thank you for noticing the form and taking the time to fill it out.
HI!

#49 User is offline   Angel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:35 PM

IF anyone is under the age of 16 do not apply. I am sorry, but there are no exceptions. I wouldn't want you to waste your time if you knew from the beginning the answer was no. Again, I'm really sorry about the new rules. At least they came out with enough notice, so plans can be changed/made accordingly.

Feel free to stop by and say Hi! Anyway. There's always next year!
HI!

#50 User is offline   Zeth 

• Registration Staff
  • Pip

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:25 PM

The first post has been changed to reflect this new information! Check it out :) It'll continue to be changed as new information comes out, so keep looking back every now and then.

This post has been edited by Zeth: 01 February 2011 - 09:16 PM

#51 User is offline   Amelko 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:01 PM

Excellent! Glad I still fit all the requirements to be a volunteer. :highfive: Don't need to worry about crash space, though, so that's good. :) I'm so excited to help out, you have no idea. :happydance:

#52 User is offline   Angel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:36 AM

Anyone who has filled out the form at Acen.org:

Follow up e-mails have been sent out to all e-mail addresses listed. If you did not get a follow up e-mail from the volunteers box, I do not have your info.

Please, resubmit the info or write to the volunteers box directly. = )

Thank you!

Can't wait to meet everyone at Con! = ) = ) = )
HI!

#53 User is offline   Dtonks9 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 17405

Posted 22 March 2011 - 03:59 PM

Wooo!!! Got my volunteer form and badge in the mail!! :thumbup:

What's the address I send the form back to?
Life without magic is like a birthday cake without candles.

#54 User is offline   Strawberry Alchemy 

• Pip

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:20 PM

ehh? I swear I filled it out back a while ago.. but i didn't get anything.. Hmn.

#55 User is offline   Dtonks9 

• Pip

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:57 AM

View PostStrawberry Alchemy, on 22 March 2011 - 05:20 PM, said:

ehh? I swear I filled it out back a while ago.. but i didn't get anything.. Hmn.

Try your spam or junk mail folder, that's where my cousin finally found one of the volunteer e-mails.

#56 User is offline   Angel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 02 April 2011 - 12:02 AM

View PostDtonks9, on 22 March 2011 - 03:59 PM, said:

Wooo!!! Got my volunteer form and badge in the mail!! :thumbup:

What's the address I send the form back to?

The form is not your badge. I hope you meant, a separate pre-paid registration badge from Acen.

View PostDtonks9, on 23 March 2011 - 09:57 AM, said:

Try your spam or junk mail folder, that's where my cousin finally found one of the volunteer e-mails.

Did you find the e-mail? I have you on my list. Let me know. Please, write to the volunteers e-mail address. I do not get on the forums much. Thank You!
HI!

#57 User is offline   Dtonks9 

• Pip

Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:42 PM

Haha, sorry. I meant that I got the volunteer form in my e-mail and my badge in the regular mail at about the same time. I was just wondering how to send the volunteer form back...do I open it and fill it out on the computer and send it back as an attachment, or do I print it out and send it via regular mail?

#58 User is offline   Amelko 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:06 AM

I got my e-mail! I actually got it a few days ago, but I haven't had the chance to scan and e-mail the completed form back yet. I'm assuming that's an acceptable way of returning it?

#59 User is offline   Angel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:47 PM

View PostAmelko, on 03 April 2011 - 08:06 AM, said:

I got my e-mail! I actually got it a few days ago, but I haven't had the chance to scan and e-mail the completed form back yet. I'm assuming that's an acceptable way of returning it?

To both questions about the form.

It's not complicated, you do not need to print out or fax or scan in anything.

All I simply ask is the following:

Open Doc
Save as word doc.
Fill in.
Save again.
Send the save copy back to: volunteers-departmenthead@acen.org

No other extra steps needed!
Follow up e-mails and questions will continue from there.

Otherwise, make it a great year! And can't wait to meet ya at Con!
HI!

#60 User is offline   Leonil 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 58955

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:10 PM

If i worked my daily 6+ hours and and ended up with 16 hours total, am i allowed to redeem both perks?

If i worked 16+ hours (age 20) and my little brother worked 16+ hours (17) would he be allowed to sleep in the free room?

Edit: Can he sleep in the crash room is her doesn't volunteer at all?
I'm on xbl, and soon will be on psn. Pm me if you'd like to play a resent fight. Chances are, it's my hands.

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users