Rocket Japanese Do you use it?
Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:01 PM
Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:45 PM
Friday: General Esdeath (Akame Ga Kill!) (98% d/t touch ups and re-doing sword)
Saturday: Major Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell ARISE variant] (100%)
RIP Origa <3
COME SEE MY PANELS!!!
"Let's Form a Stand Alone Complex!" Saturday, 12:30 PM – 2:15 PM Panel Room 13 DESCC
"My Ghost Whispers, Therefore I am" Saturday, 3:45 PM – 5:30 PM Panel Room 13
Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:57 PM
Edit: Oh, and these videos of you can find them. haha
This post has been edited by Scott: 04 December 2010 - 10:00 PM
Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:40 PM
Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:42 AM
- First learn about how the Japanese language works. A good place to start:
- Use Romaji sparingly, it's a bad crutch for us and not used much in Japan. Just use it to help yourself memorize Hiragana/Katakana pronunciation.
- Memorize Hiragana and Katakana (the phonetic bits of written Japanese), and try to practice writing them on paper.
- Attempt to memorize some basic Kanji and learn about how it fits into the language.
- Learn about particles, how to form verbs, and basic sentence structure.
- Install Japanese fonts/input method so you can read and write Japanese on your computer. Figure out how to type Japanese (hint: You type phonetically on your keyboard in romaji, on the screen you see hiragana as you type, pressing the space-bar allows you to select different kanji/hiragana/katakana form what you typed phonetically from a dropdown list)... at least that's how it works in Windows and Linux.
- Consider using Firefox browser/Rikaichan plugin so you can have an easy time understanding Japanese websites. I'm sure there are some websites around where you can find penpals and/or practice language exchange with Japanese people.
This post has been edited by Scott: 17 March 2011 - 12:43 AM