• This topic is locked

MSPA/Homestuck cosplays...anyone? >Retrieve side arms

#91 User is offline   WeirdKanjiGirl 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59016

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:53 PM

We're still having our Friday meetup, at the loading docks at 4:30, aren't we? I mean, I think that's what the schedule says...
Cosplay Time!
ACen 2009: Madotsuki (Yume Nikki)
ACen 2010: Rinnosuke Morichika (Touhou Project)
ACen 2011: Eridan Ampora (Hivebent/Homestuck)
ACen 2012: Friday: Death (Problem Sleuth)
Saturday: Eridan Ampora (God Tier) (Hivebent/Homestuck)

#92 User is offline   Mansopp Longnose 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59988

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:14 AM

I wanna go as God Tier John because it looks so easy, but I don't feel that it would be right, seeing as I just got into Homestuck yesterday...IDK if I'd get most of what the group was doing..
Look for the Long Nose!
------------------------------------
2011 Cosplays:
Water 7 Usopp (OP), Water 7 & Thriller Bark Sogeking (OP), Julie Katou (KHR), President Version Laguna Loire (FF8), Kamina-King (OP/TTGL) (Hopefully)
http://www.facebook.com/srgisme Add me if you dare!

#93 User is offline   ottoman 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60218

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:40 PM

View PostOhki, on 09 May 2011 - 05:13 PM, said:

I've got a fem!Tavros, a John, and a fem!Dave (IIRC). The John also plans on doing Karkat one day and I think the fem!Tavros has something else planned, too.

o3o actually, fem!dave is saying she's probably not going to have it ready by acen... maybe more Ikasu and/or Youma?
KK/John is finishing up his stuff, though, and I just need to paint and set my horns. Yaaaay!

Um, but yeah, knowing the meetup time and place for certain would be ace?
I saw sooomething about the loading docks over on mspachan, but I'm not sure about how legit that info is.

This post has been edited by ottoman: 11 May 2011 - 12:42 PM

ACEN 2011 cosplay
Fri: Jade Harley (MSPA)
Sat: Fem! Tavros Nitram (MSPA)

#94 User is offline   tyrjiora 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59713

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:52 PM

As far as I've heard we do still have both photo times. I'm basically just trying to decide now which cosplay to wear on which day. I'll be with a Jade no matter what. I'd like to coordinate things to be able to get antics captured with another Dave and maybe a Bro while I'm Sis, though. I'm full of ideas...

And by 'both' I mean Friday at 4:30 at the right loading docks and Saturday at 6:30 by the tree patch.

This post has been edited by tyrjiora: 11 May 2011 - 12:56 PM

#95 User is offline   Lady Kirie 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 49672

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:53 PM

The final schedule was posted up in this sticky for anyone who still feels uncertain about the meeting places and times, but the post above me has both the correct times and places as well.

#96 User is offline   Toki 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 49590

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:11 PM

I will be cosplaying Dave in his Aces suit with my timetables at some point. Hopefully I will make it to the meet up!
Dave Strider - Homestuck, Kyle Broflovski - South Park, U-boat chan - Midnight Navy,Ellis - L4D 2

#97 User is offline   Madeline 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 29707

Posted 14 May 2011 - 02:45 PM

The Friday shoot at the loading docks better still be going down, because I'm running a panel on Saturday and I have to be in a different cosplay for that!

Playing Nepeta btw, and it's one of the best cosplays I've ever made. I'm so excited! X33
Please come to the Persona panel! Hosting this year! Tentatively Friday at 9 AM!

Cosplays:

Friday // Futaba Sakura // Persona 5
Saturday // Vyse // Skies of Arcadia

#98 User is offline   Lira 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60295

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:40 AM

Homestuck!

I intend to come to both of the shoots and at least derp and take pictures, but since the Saturday shoot is directly after the HiNaBN shoot I am also cosplaying for, that one I am pretty unlikely to be the correct character. I've been putting together John's wise guy slime suit, and uh, didn't actually think I'd be doing that until Otakon. I'm kind of scrambling to get everything together in time since making it to this con is a bit of a last-minute windfall. Oh, suit jacket. Why have you been such a pain to me?

But yeah, suit!John for Friday. I haven't made any of the neater hammerkind, but I've been working on a knit!bunny for a while now and I'm scrambling to get that done in time as well. It'll be really great to hang around with some other cosplayers~ ^^

#99 User is offline   Annoyance 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 33886

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:46 AM

Just a little heads up: It's going to be raining Saturday I think.

I thought you'd like to know since 90% of us will be covered in paint and outside. BRING UMBRELLAS.

This post has been edited by Annoyance: 17 May 2011 - 07:08 AM

#100 User is offline   WeirdKanjiGirl 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:42 PM

Well, in the case that it does rain, I know that we are allowed to move inside for our meetup. I believe that the schedule says that any of the east outdoor wall meetings (Which IS where we are on Saturday I believe) move to the lower dome, which is a halfway decent place to be. I guess one upside is that it has stairs *shrug* I may be interpreting the notes on the schedule wrong though, so feel free to correct me.
Cosplay Time!

#101 User is offline   Jasx 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59836

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:28 AM

Hihi Jas here
umm some bad news I won't be cosplaying as john :( sadface* But I will stay be wearing his shirt :) , in other news i waaas thinkin bout making some buttons but before i make them i gotta know would you buy them. here a pic http://jasmc44.devia...t.com/#/d3gorgx

#102 User is offline   Lira 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60295

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:14 PM

For what it's worth, I'd consider buying your buttons. ^^ I am kind of addicted to buttons, so even though I hoped to spend less at this con... God I would like some Homestuck buttons for my collection.

#103 User is offline   WeirdKanjiGirl 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:49 PM

It really sucks that you won't be able to cosplay! What happened? But in other news, I would totally buy your buttons! They look pretty awesomesauce. But, Uhh, I know Hussie and some of the Mods on the forum are VERY strict about people selling Homestuck merchandise without permission and without paying royalties, so you may want to consider that before selling them. I'm guessing you don't want to get in any trouble.
Cosplay Time!

#104 User is offline   Jasx 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59836

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:12 PM

1. Didn't get everything together
2. Ummm well you see I'm kinda gonna be walking around ^^;; I'm not gonna be in the artist alley or anything. (Not really that good of an artist) I just thought "hey why not make some buttons for fun"
3.ahhh i was afraid of that. Soooo I guess I shouldn't make them. or should i??? I think i'll just play it safe -3-

This post has been edited by Jasx: 19 May 2011 - 08:20 PM

#105 User is offline   Latias 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 29888

Posted 22 May 2011 - 04:12 PM

Sorry about disappearing from this thread for a while, but I thought I may as well post my photos! I went to the Saturday shoot, but I stopped taking pictures after the Bro/Sis shoot, so my apologies. Here they are!

I was the Dave with the Snoop Dogg Snow Cone Machete, and I was with the Rose, Jade (w/ rifle), John (god tier w/ Gushers), and Sis (short one). If anyone has any pictures of us, that'd be great!
Cosplay? Ohhh yessss!
ACEN 2011
  • Dave Strider w/ John, Jade, Rose, and Sis (Homestuck)
  • U.N.I.T. Personnel group (Doctor Who)

Do you have any pictures of me? Please PM me! :D
ACEN 2011 Photos

#106 User is offline   WeirdKanjiGirl 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 22 May 2011 - 05:47 PM

Hey! ACen this year was SO MUCH FUN, with this meetup being the main reason. I had, like 3 panels to go to after 6:30, but was too busy chillin'. I was the Eridan with the Ahab's Crosshairs (Thank you for your compliments BTW) and the droopy hair. I was at both the Late Night Highblood Plus Karkat Dinner Picnic, and part of the group that hung around in the Hyatt from like, 11 till' 3 in the morning, but I didn't get any contact info because I am dumb. If any of you guys (Especially that wonderful Kan with everyone else's info) wanna contact me, I'm WeirdKanjiGirl on, like everything including Tumblr now, so I want to add all of you!
Cosplay Time!

#107 User is offline   Jestt 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 58643

Posted 22 May 2011 - 05:55 PM

Bluh bluh. Both photoshoots were amazing and I'm so glad that I got to meet the people that I did! I really hope we'll have another Homstuck photoshoot next year! I plan on doing a non crappy Gentleman!Karkat and a normal Gamzee.

I was the frumpy looking Karkat with the backpack X3

#108 User is offline   xane nightwing 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 57323

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:14 PM

View PostWeirdKanjiGirl, on 22 May 2011 - 05:47 PM, said:

Hey! ACen this year was SO MUCH FUN, with this meetup being the main reason. I had, like 3 panels to go to after 6:30, but was too busy chillin'. I was the Eridan with the Ahab's Crosshairs (Thank you for your compliments BTW) and the droopy hair. I was at both the Late Night Highblood Plus Karkat Dinner Picnic, and part of the group that hung around in the Hyatt from like, 11 till' 3 in the morning, but I didn't get any contact info because I am dumb. If any of you guys (Especially that wonderful Kan with everyone else's info) wanna contact me, I'm WeirdKanjiGirl on, like everything including Tumblr now, so I want to add all of you!

haha that was my notebook, actually ^^ i'll be sending out contact info tomorrow, probably so if you want to be included, just send me a PM with your email!

#109 User is offline   illuminatedwax 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 637

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:50 PM

So awesome to meet everyone! I was Hipster Eridan with the science wand, the beard, and no gray (with the 7 other trolls). I love meeting other Homestuck fans (Homestuckers? Hamsteaks?) and I was so ecstatic to see all the people dressed up. My username on the forums is the same, and I am aka ghostDunk.

#110 User is offline   Turoro 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59142

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:11 PM

Woo~ The photoshoot was great! All the Homestuck cosplayers totally made the con for me this year ^__^ I was the Vriska that was in the default outfit at the start of the day on Saturday and then the God-Tier Vriska (With the giant wings) during the photoshoot. I also threw together a rave outfit for Vriska and went to that later.
Leader and founder of The Quadra.pegauniponies aka QPUP
Cosplay for ACEN 2011:
~Megurine Luka (Vocaloid)
~Vriska Serket God-Tier (Homestuck
~N Harmonia (Pokemon Black & White)
Panels QPUP will be hosting:
~Vocaloid
~QPUP Dance 101: Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced

#111 User is offline   tyrjiora 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59713

Posted 23 May 2011 - 12:32 AM

This was seriously an amazing weekend and I'm so glad I was able to cosplay Homestuck both days so I could goof around with you all and get pictures! My entire album is here: http://s30.photobuck...er/ACEN%202011/ You're welcome to go through and find any photos of yourself that you like.

#112 User is offline   Thollux 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60467

Posted 23 May 2011 - 12:17 PM

This Acen was awesome! It totally made my con seeing all the other homestuck cosplays : ) I'm also really glad you guys posted some pictures I was hoping to see some. I was the Sollux with two black shoes, couldn't get a last minute white one haha. I'd love to hear from all of you guys, Xane I'll send you my email and for anyone else who's here my email is Assimilation@live.com feel free to email me whenever. It was a great time thanks everyone!

#113 User is offline   TwoTonedJester 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 50118

Posted 23 May 2011 - 12:56 PM

Oh hey guys! Yellow-contacts Gamzee here! It was great to meet all of ya, and I know I already gave my contact information (sans tumblr, which I just made like...last night and have yet to figure out (twotonedjester)) to Xane, but just wanted to say that y'all are awesome, and the Late Night Highblood + Karkat picnic and hangtime at the doubletree/hyatt was pretty damn cool.
Apparently "you're super creepy" is a fantastic compliment~

2012 Cosplay
Prince Gumball - Adventure Time 70%
The Summoner - Homestuck 35%
Sober Gamzee - Homestuck 100%

#114 User is offline   Shed Volans 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60507

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:25 PM

Hey all! I didn't do a Homestuck cosplay unfortunately (due to getting into it rather late), but I did visit both photoshoots and had an absolute blast! I was the guy with the Junpei Iori hat. This was my first experience with the HS fandom, and I gotta say it exceeded my expectations XD You all were fun as hell to hang out with, and the post-shoot shenanigans made things even better (covering the sidewalk with chalk? Yes please). Hopefully I'll be able to join you guys next year as probably some iteration of John ^_^
Past Cosplays:
2009: Excalibur (Soul Eater)

Potential Future Cosplays:
Clive Winslet (Wild Arms 3)*I will make this happen no matter what! Just dunno when XD
Quina Quen (Final Fantasy IX)*Possibly part of a group next year.
John Egbert (Homestuck)*Also a possibility next year.
Veigue Lungberg (Tales of Rebirth)*Hopefully in the next couple of years.

#115 User is offline   CriticalCold 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60524

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:27 PM

The Saturday shoot was SO FUN OMG. I was the Terezi with the dental distortion teeth and no props, hahaha. Thanks for being awesome, everyone. :D
ACen '12
Terezi Pyrope (FLARP version) | Homestuck
Terezi Pyrope (Prospit) | Homestuck
Jade Harley (God Tier) | Homestuck
Neophyte Redglare | Homestuck

#116 User is offline   TwoTonedJester 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 50118

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:30 PM

Oh wait, did the info get sent out? I think I might have given my wrong email address.
Apparently "you're super creepy" is a fantastic compliment~

2012 Cosplay
Prince Gumball - Adventure Time 70%
The Summoner - Homestuck 35%
Sober Gamzee - Homestuck 100%

#117 User is offline   carcinoGeneticist 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60139

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:37 PM

CG: HEY ALL. SATURDAY WAS FREAKING AWESOME. I WAS THE KARKAT WITH GLASSES BECAUSE I'M BLINDER THAN TEREZI. I WAS ALSO THE KARKAT THAT EVERY GAMZEE SEEMED TO HONK AT IN THE HALLWAY, COMPLETE WITH MY UTTER NEED TO RUN AWAY FROM THEM. AT ONE POINT MY GROUP (WHO KNOWS NOTHING OF HOMESTUCK) WOULD SEE THE GAMZEES AND HIDE ME LOL.

This post has been edited by carcinoGeneticist: 23 May 2011 - 08:37 PM

ACEN 2011
  • Ruki [the GazettE] MAD MARBLE HELL VISION

• Karkat Vantas [Regular Outfit]

• (maybe?) Wayward Vagabond

This is my first ACEN and I'm traveling really far, so please treat me with kindness!

#118 User is offline   illuminatedwax 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 637

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:43 PM

http://s30.photobuck...nt=DSC01007.jpg

lol who was this??

#119 User is offline   halcyonCoils 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59566

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:03 PM

Red eyed Terezi here~! It was awesome seeing/SM3LL1NG 4ND T4ST1NG all of you on Saturday! >8D If anyone's got photos of me and my Eridan bro I/we wouldd be ever so grateful. >8)
Acen 2012
Friday:Terezi Pyrope (Homestuck) 100% complete
Saturday: Sukuna-Hikona (SMT Persona 4) 99% Complete
[p1] [p2]

#120 User is offline   leiko 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59487

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:45 PM

Hello~
I was the Nepeta with the fuzzy tail on Saturday~
Just wanted to say that the photoshoot was awesome, I had a lot of fun and that I hope to see you guys at GenCon Indy!

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users