Anime Central Forums: Can you like anime TOO much? - Anime Central Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can you like anime TOO much? I think so!

#61 User is offline   that-one-girl 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 58546

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:50 PM

View PostTekoMuto, on 21 September 2010 - 08:18 AM, said:

No, you can never like it too much.

Currently I am converting my room to be a shrine to Rei Ayanami, posters of her (wall to wall) ceiling covered with art of her, my bedsheets of her (along with 2 body pillows of her) and everything else short of the kitchen sink. It's my choice how I spend my money.

Nothing wrong with that so long as you can afford to stay in your shrine :)

#62 User is offline   Ultra Yak 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 47823

Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:28 PM

I wish i could have a shine for the Vic Viper, but that's more of a gamer thing...though it WAS in Sky Girls...such a delimma
ACEN2012, "Ultra Yak!! in GetBack Feeling!"
His little boat coasted into the dock of the city named ACEN. It's shimmering lights made him blind to the chaos that would ensue within.
Soon he would learn that he would get back more than just the feelings lost in the year 2010.
Waiting in the one place he wouldn't look, until...

#63 User is offline   Sandstorm 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 58954

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:12 AM

View PostUltra Yak, on 23 November 2010 - 11:28 PM, said:

I wish i could have a shine for the Vic Viper

When it showed up in ZOE 2 I was all "Holy YES!"
^I'm just Saiyan.

#64 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:35 PM

Really depends on the person

In Japan you can cosplay and make fanmanga and get some kind of profit from it all but each country has different standards. Anything and I mean anything can be turned into bad. For example my cousin has a thing for shopping at Gap and all the big stores for clothes and she hates, hates shopping at thrift stores and what not. It was only bad when she got into debit. x.x

There are some people who can balance life and their quirks really well without issues but the people who cannot then that's when it's bad. (Such as marrying a video game character.) Some people would find this weird but if he can still go to work and school then it's alright.

Btw people into anime isn't as bad as people into Gunbound and online games I seen people spend over a grand in one month for avatars and powerups on gunbound...
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#65 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 7072
  • Location:Mississippi then New Jersey. Might make ACen 2018 :D

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:58 AM

View Postthat-one-girl, on 21 September 2010 - 04:50 PM, said:

Nothing wrong with that so long as you can afford to stay in your shrine :)

$900 for living expensis a month?

heck yeah :3
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#66 User is offline   that-one-girl 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 58546

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:40 PM

View PostTekoMuto, on 11 January 2011 - 08:58 AM, said:

$900 for living expensis a month?

heck yeah :3

Then shrine away!

#67 User is offline   Kaay-chan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 28448

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:04 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 10 January 2011 - 06:35 PM, said:

Btw people into anime isn't as bad as people into Gunbound and online games I seen people spend over a grand in one month for avatars and powerups on gunbound...

If by "online games" you mean MMOs then I'm going to have to take some offense. I play MMOs a lot. Free to play ones, but that doesn't mean I don't spend the occasional dollar on them for various perks (i.e: pets whose inventories I can store stuff in rather than paying $10 for extra storage). They're like any other hobby; you can get into them too much (spending insane amounts of money on them, and stuff, and, like...I do know one person who stayed up for 27 hours training a skill once), but at the same time there are those of us who know when enough is enough and it's time to log out and go out in the sun.
Cosplay 2012: Mitsuki Saya (Black Cat), Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai)
Cosplay 2013: Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai) I didn't have my camera; please send me pictures! ;A;

"A blank piece of paper is God's way of telling us how hard it is to be God."
-Sidney Sheldon

#68 User is offline   ShunketsuXZ 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59226

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:58 PM

I've seen some overly-obsessed otakus before, so my answer is: Yes. (Unfortunately)

#69 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:05 PM

I don't think you can, but i think some people don't conduct themselves right, and they act all hyper, and etc.
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#70 User is offline   Headless_Jackal 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59313
  • Location:My Current location Is... Your House With A Shot Gun, :)

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:42 PM

Not a clue to where I should reply, so i'll reply here... I say, that would be a yes, but not till you actually start seeing Anime Characters walking down the streets of your own home town, not till you start having a conversation with Ichigo, when instead, it's your math teacher your having the conversation with, or even talking to some pop stars of Japan, when instead, your talking to a Judge in the middle of a forclosure court case, & not till you start rambling Japanese jibberishly crazy notations in music class, should it be about time you've saw Dr. Phil, about your strange worldly visits to the world beyond the world we live in...

Just remember, there is no place like home, there is no place like home, & especially do not follow that white rabbit down that black whole... He might pump you full of rabbies, & send you into a daze, you may never wake up from, ^,.:.,^

Can someone say, I was so wasted, I got drunk, & mutated the real world, into my own fantasy relm, hahahaaaaa....

Darn them Didgemon, who let 'em outta their cage?
Poke, poke... Poke, KOOOOOON!!!!!!
Animated Reaper Celty Animated Fun With Celty
I sin because there for I am, I am what I am, because I sin about it,
What is a Sin, that is for you to decide,
Why do I sin, only those who know me shall know that for sure,
but most of all, I just like to make people suffer,
so am I really that bad of a guy to get to know? I mean, i'm only out to get you...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Umm... Ummm... Did I say, out to get you, I meant... Ummm... Ummm... Hi!!!

#71 User is offline   Silver Affection 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 58851

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:16 PM

Speaking as a former one of those crazy fans, I do believe it's possible to like anime too much, when it completely takes over your life. I'm even having problems with a friend right now because of it. So, yeah...
“Try to save them all, bleed no more.” -Nightwish, The Poet and the Pendulum

#72 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:01 PM

View PostKaay-chan, on 11 January 2011 - 06:04 PM, said:

If by "online games" you mean MMOs then I'm going to have to take some offense. I play MMOs a lot. Free to play ones, but that doesn't mean I don't spend the occasional dollar on them for various perks (i.e: pets whose inventories I can store stuff in rather than paying $10 for extra storage). They're like any other hobby; you can get into them too much (spending insane amounts of money on them, and stuff, and, like...I do know one person who stayed up for 27 hours training a skill once), but at the same time there are those of us who know when enough is enough and it's time to log out and go out in the sun.

Hey don't take it personally! I mention GB which is basically a Korean MMO worms like game that went downhill. I played it when I was in college and it was free at first and you rarely spent cash on items, but now it's overrun by hackers who can basically spend 100-300 dollars for a hacking tool to shoot for them and bi passes updates, not counting in game stuff which can run 1000 dollars to buy them all plus 10-50 dollars a month to upkeep them, depending on what you want in terms of mobile cards (you have to level up the options as well as the mobile cards.) Also everyone after a certain level cheats so even if you don't buy the stuff you will either lose most of the time or stick around in certain rooms/never run your own room because of hackers and room stealing hacks. I personally spent 300-400 dollars and I'm not even done leveling it up.

It also has people who come from countries like AE who basically spend nothing but cash on the game and play the game. They talk about how rich their country is and how USA sucks. Oh and the game is overrun by Americans, people from PH and certain asian nations, and AE guys. There are girls but most guys complain that they are traps or 'easy' girls. It's just mostly ignorant guys and nasty people who have no lives and spend all their cash on that game. One guy spent 1000 dollars in TWO WEEKS during an event and yet they have so many bugs/hackers/issues. I rarely play it.

I didn't say all online games just in general a lot of people take online games a little too seriously. Like the whole debate to FF11-FF14 not being a part of the FF series because it's an MMO game =_=
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#73 User is offline   Ginger shark 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59478

Posted 20 March 2011 - 03:21 PM

The only time I think you can love anime too much is when you don't do anything in life besides watch anime and read manga. Besides watching anime and reading manga I also have other hobbies. I have a job, a boyfriend, I have a college degree, I am going back to college for a second degree. I try to keep a healthy balance between my different interests. I can get obsessed over stuff but I don't let it take over my life. I think it is perfectly fine to get anime tattoos. I got a tattoo on my spine and shoulder blades that is the Cardcaptor Sakura wings and the design on the feathers from Tsubasa. The wings are on my shoulder blades and the design from the feathers is in between the wings on my spine. I absolutely love this tattoo and don't think it is going overboard. I don't think I would ever get a tattoo of an anime character's face but what I got is just a really pretty design and I have always wanted wings tattooed on me.

What I have always heard is everything in moderation. I think some people go overboard but that is not my concern. If it makes them happy and doesn't hurt anyone then I don't see a problem.

There is one thing I want to point out. I minored in East Asian Studies in college, took Japanese classes, and studied abroad in Japan. This had nothing to do with my love of anime. I did all this because I am truly interested in learning the language and Japanese culture. I majored in Anthropology and hope to do field work in Japan someday. Some people ask me if I did all this because I watch anime. I get offended when people think I am only interested in Japan and Japanese because of anime.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users